Jump to content
EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Shaped thermal grenades are an anti armor weapon.  In my opinion Demolitions are best handled as a narrative device with encumbrance for a stat that you can get from the QM and only need a cost if you can't get them from a QM or you plan to sell them illegally.

Okay, so what do I need for the backup plan to break into the C-9979? If they are narratively shaped charges, then I don't need to change anything, right?

3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

6 enc per building you can spread the 12 enc in units of 3 enc among the different members of your team.

You wouldn't be deploying from the laat for the buildings, you would be flying ahead, rigging the buildings calling for pick up, flying towards the lander, boarding the laat mid air, flying to the lander, then deploying from the laat to the lander... in this scenario if it's just a deploying action you don't need to spend a dp but if you want to use the Jet packs to stay out of range or reach or negative cover by being above them or make it harder to target you by having the sun behind you etc. It costs a dp.

Okay, then I guess everyone but Ghost and Shadow (who have the shaped charges [pending an answer on the backup plan]) will drop the vibroswords and bring a demolition charge.

I don't intend to use the jetpacks any further than deploying. Ideally, we won't even spend a round outside the lander.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Okay, so what do I need for the backup plan to break into the C-9979? If they are narratively shaped charges, then I don't need to change anything, right?

Okay, then I guess everyone but Ghost and Shadow (who have the shaped charges [pending an answer on the backup plan]) will drop the vibroswords and bring a demolition charge.

I don't intend to use the jetpacks any further than deploying. Ideally, we won't even spend a round outside the lander.

Shaped thermal grenades are appropriate for blowing a door to the lander

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

If you flip a destiny point it's possible to have a single nest for both cameras, but they would be on different sides of the same building so you would need 2 snipers to cover both simultaneously.

@MrTInce @ShockHelix @RuusMarev @P-47 Thunderbolt

Flipping a LS Destiny Point would put us at 2 LS/5 DS, so I'll put this to a group vote.

Worth it?

(I guess that we can hope that Mireska flubs a few skill checks ...)

Edited by Bellona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bellona said:

@MrTInce @ShockHelix @RuusMarev @P-47 Thunderbolt

Flipping a LS Destiny Point would put us at 2 LS/5 DS, so I'll put this to a group vote.

Worth it?

(I guess that we can hope that Mireska flubs a few skill checks ...)

As long as we have a second sniper, I guess we're good. But if we've got a second sniper, we could have two nests.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

As long as we have a second sniper, I guess we're good. But if we've got a second sniper, we could have two nests.

We only have the one sniper - Ker'see - unless a clone comes along with the three Jedi (and one nexu). The question was more based on the fact that our group is precisely just three Jedi (and one nexu), so I'd be reluctant to split that group even further.

The second sniper is not strictly necessary; what we do need is to keep an eye on both bridges for the best moment(s) to blow them - and the best moment to bug out ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 7:01 PM, Bellona said:

We only have the one sniper - Ker'see - unless a clone comes along with the three Jedi (and one nexu). The question was more based on the fact that our group is precisely just three Jedi (and one nexu), so I'd be reluctant to split that group even further.

Well, Nexu have a pretty high Agility... Just give the Duchess a deece and let her go to town! She could be the second sniper. :D

@EliasWindrider, how're we going to get into the action? Are you going to narrate us in, or should one of the players narrate their respective groups into the situation? I think my half of the mission is ready to go, at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Well, Nexu have a pretty high Agility... Just give the Duchess a deece and let her go to town! She could be the second sniper. :D

@EliasWindrider, how're we going to get into the action? Are you going to narrate us in, or should one of the players narrate their respective groups into the situation? I think my half of the mission is ready to go, at least.

Nexus are part of the plane?! 😯😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Well, Nexu have a pretty high Agility... Just give the Duchess a deece and let her go to town! She could be the second sniper. :D

@EliasWindrider, how're we going to get into the action? Are you going to narrate us in, or should one of the players narrate their respective groups into the situation? I think my half of the mission is ready to go, at least.

Going to wait  a day or 2 for @jhh3.

8 hours ago, jhh3 said:

Nexus are part of the plane?! 😯😃

@MrTInce's character Ker'see has a nexu as an animal companion (one of the seeker specs has the relevant  talents for an animal  companion) it's name is Duchess 

Edited by EliasWindrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point it is delta 7 (B will be released soon... and some 7's will be converted to 7B's).  Before we start play I will need a link to your version of the character.  And give me a 2red, 1 purple, 2 black pilot space check (your fighter has been shot up a bit, and you need to evade vulture droid fighters) in this ooc thread, I'll adjudicate and then you can narrate in the ic.  I'm presuming you've used the enhance force power to boost your agility to 6, so it shouldn't be terribly difficult for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

At this point it is delta 7 (B will be released soon... and some 7's will be converted to 7B's).  Before we start play I will need a link to your version of the character.  And give me a 2red, 1 purple, 2 black pilot space check (your fighter has been shot up a bit, and you need to evade vulture droid fighters) in this ooc thread, I'll adjudicate and then you can narrate in the ic.  I'm presuming you've used the enhance force power to boost your agility to 6, so it shouldn't be terribly difficult for you.

Got it. No I haven't yet. How exactly would I do that? I haven't ever used enhance before. It says I have to commit a force die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jhh3 said:

Got it. No I haven't yet. How exactly would I do that? I haven't ever used enhance before. It says I have to commit a force die.

You can commit as many Force dice as you have in your Force Rating (5?), up to a combined total of 6 (2 Agility plus 4 Force dice), which means that if you went all out on raising your Agility temporarily then you would only have 1 Force die left over for other stuff.

Please note that any Force dice that you commit to raise your Agility will then be unavailable to be added to your Piloting skill check as simple Force dice (despite what the PDF character sheet probably tells you).

So if the check is supposed to be Piloting - Space with no skill ranks, then it would be 6 green (2 Agility + 4 Force committed) + 1 white (remaining 1 Force) + 1 purple + 2 red + 2 black, or 6eA+1eF+1eD+2eC+2eS on Orokos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Bellona said:

You can commit as many Force dice as you have in your Force Rating (5?), up to a combined total of 6 (2 Agility plus 4 Force dice), which means that if you went all out on raising your Agility temporarily then you would only have 1 Force die left over for other stuff.

Please note that any Force dice that you commit to raise your Agility will then be unavailable to be added to your Piloting skill check as simple Force dice (despite what the PDF character sheet probably tells you).

So if the check is supposed to be Piloting - Space with no skill ranks, then it would be 6 green (2 Agility + 4 Force committed) + 1 white (remaining 1 Force) + 1 purple + 2 red + 2 black, or 6eA+1eF+1eD+2eC+2eS on Orokos.

Thanks! I am a little new to jedi stuff as I have mostly played EotE.

Edited by jhh3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jhh3 said:

I'm still working on copying everything from the pdf. https://swsheets.com/c/x1mkaht8c-shin-ethan 

http://Trying to get to the surface of Christophsis.: 6eA+1eF+1eD+2eC+2eS 3 successes, 3 threat, 1 Light Side a--.pnga-s.pnga-s.pnga-a-a.pnga-s.pnga-s-a.pngf-ls.pngd-f-th.pngc-th-th.pngc-th.pngs-th.pngs-th.png

Is that right?

The dice roll looks fine to me, although it's up to @EliasWindrider to adjudicate it.

Note that since you're using one of your Enhance upgrades to boost your Piloting skill (the +1 Force die), you have the choice of how to use that single white pip. It can become either an extra Success (probably unnecessary because you already have 3 Successes) or an extra Advantage. (If you had a Force dice result with more pips, then you could divide them as you see fit between those two options.) In this particular case, I'd suggest using the white pip to reduce the number of Threats from 3 to 2 (i.e., using the white pip as an extra Advantage).

Regarding the SWSheets link ... I don't know if it's necessary to show the "Enhanced" Agility value (6) among the rest of your characteristics. Committing Force dice is supposed to be only a temporary thing (for a combat or other scene), after which your Agility reverts back to 2. After all, you won't get much joy out of your Move power if you've only got 1 Force die to use on it because the other 4 are still committed to Enhancing your Agility. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Bellona said:

The dice roll looks fine to me, although it's up to @EliasWindrider to adjudicate it.

Note that since you're using one of your Enhance upgrades to boost your Piloting skill (the +1 Force die), you have the choice of how to use that single white pip. It can become either an extra Success (probably unnecessary because you already have 3 Successes) or an extra Advantage. (If you had a Force dice result with more pips, then you could divide them as you see fit between those two options.) In this particular case, I'd suggest using the white pip to reduce the number of Threats from 3 to 2 (i.e., using the white pip as an extra Advantage).

Regarding the SWSheets link ... I don't know if it's necessary to show the "Enhanced" Agility value (6) among the rest of your characteristics. Committing Force dice is supposed to be only a temporary thing (for a combat or other scene), after which your Agility reverts back to 2. After all, you won't get much joy out of your Move power if you've only got 1 Force die to use on it because the other 4 are still committed to Enhancing your Agility. :)

So I can get those back so I have 5 force rating again?

Edited by jhh3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jhh3 said:

So I can get those back so I have 5 force rating again?

Yeah, you basically just announce "I'm not longer committing 4 Force dice to Ethan's Agility" (OOC of course!), and suddenly the Agility is back to 2 and the Force Rating - and therefore available Force dice too - is back up to 5.

(This would probably happen after Ethan lands the starfighter, and could be described IC as something like the adrenaline surge leaving Ethan, for example.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, jhh3 said:

I'm still working on copying everything from the pdf. https://swsheets.com/c/x1mkaht8c-shin-ethan 

http://Trying to get to the surface of Christophsis.: 6eA+1eF+1eD+2eC+2eS 3 successes, 3 threat, 1 Light Side a--.pnga-s.pnga-s.pnga-a-a.pnga-s.pnga-s-a.pngf-ls.pngd-f-th.pngc-th-th.pngc-th.pngs-th.pngs-th.png

Is that right?

We're going to count the white pip as an advantage, so 3 success and an 2 threat... describe your decent with something like the droid starfighters move block your path, you can't get around them so pull the trigger sending crimson bolts towards the one in the middle, it explodes and you fly through the expand fireball, debris rocks your fighter and then you're through, in your cockpit sirens blare that the shields are failing, so you cut power to them and redirect it to the engines to increase your lead.  You're coming up on the republic garrison with the vulture droids a bit behind you but the garrison's shields  are up so you comm them, mayday mayday republic garrison this is jedi knight shin Ethan requesting emergency landing, I've got vultures on my tail so drop the shields on count of 8 and raise them on 10, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight the shields statr to lower you're through on 9 , you through your thrusters into hard reverse to avoid crashing, 10, the shields come back up, 11, the vultures impact on the reactivated garrison shield, 12... okay I made it, more sirens blare in cockpit, you grin as you touch down on the garrison tarmac and cut the ships power to silence the alarms... this delta 7 is going to need quite a bit of work to get it combat worthy again.

 

Replace you your you're with the first person equivalents

 

Or something similar.

 

Bellona is right... leave the agility as 2 on your sheet and fr is 5... just tell.me when you're using enhance to increase it and when you uncommit the force dice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by EliasWindrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@jhh3 by the way the convention we have is to bold dialog and nothing else in the ic thread so people know what your character is saying.

 

Maybe italicize dialogue you think rather than say (we hadn't established that convention but it seems like it makes sense.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@jhh3 by the way the convention we have is to bold dialog and nothing else in the ic thread so people know what your character is saying.

 

Maybe italicize dialogue you think rather than say (we hadn't established that convention but it seems like it makes sense.

Thanks! I have read the last few pages of the IC thread. If I'm correct it's this: Speaking, Thinking, and Narrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...