EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

10 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

After the bridge parts are completed,  the teams could do some other hit and run mission 

Maybe the "collapse buildings to channel the CIS forces" parts of the plan?

51 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Maybe the "collapse buildings to channel the CIS forces" parts of the plan?

That can work.

(How long would it take to teach Jorin the introduction of Heal?)

Up to @EliasWindrider, I guess.

Maybe during the part of the afternoon Jorin trailed Mireska around the GAR garrison, including the hospital wing where she would be helping out when possible.

With the mentor discount it should cost 10 XP for the basic power.

Posted (edited)

Since you've all posted up your ideas for dealing with these chokepoints, I did my best to hold true to all of those while giving a more detailed plan about the movement of our specific groups during the various encounters, since it seemed like there was some confusion on who was going where and when. Let me know what you all think. @P-47 Thunderbolt @RuusMarev @MrTInce @Bellona

Additionally @EliasWindrider , I'm not sure if you'll allow it, but I think the LAAT/i transportation is a good addition. The 'ambush' section of the Battle of Christophsis where they get betrayed includes the clones retreating via a LAAT. I'm under the impression that the buildings you're referencing might be the same ones from which they spring their ambush, making it an ideal position for us to do so as well. Flying the LAAT straight through to the enemy C-9979 might be a bit more of a stretch, but that type of situation is precisely the kind I built Condor to shine in.

Edited by ShockHelix

7 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

Since you've all posted up your ideas for dealing with these chokepoints, I did my best to hold true to all of those while giving a more detailed plan about the movement of our specific groups during the various encounters, since it seemed like there was some confusion on who was going where and when. Let me know what you all think. @P-47 Thunderbolt @RuusMarev @MrTInce @Bellona

Additionally @EliasWindrider , I'm not sure if you'll allow it, but I think the LAAT/i trans-portion is a good addition. The 'ambush' section of the Battle of Christophsis where they get betrayed includes the clones retreating via a LAAT. I'm under the impression that the buildings you're referencing might be the same ones from which they spring their ambush, making it an ideal position for us to do so as well. Flying the LAAT straight through to the enemy C-9979 might be a bit more of a stretch, but that type of situation is precisely the kind I built Condor to shine in.

I'm not sure anyone had accounted for the buildings yet, but that's a pretty good plan for dealing with them.

As for the LAAT, I'm imagining it like the scene from the 2003 Clone Wars with the Muunilinst 10.

Part of my plan was to hit the lander before it had time to disgorge its troops (and armor) and really set up a defense, but it sounds like you are intent on bypassing any defenses entirely and just planting the LAAT in the mouth of the thing?

16 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I'm not sure anyone had accounted for the buildings yet, but that's a pretty good plan for dealing with them.

As for the LAAT, I'm imagining it like the scene from the 2003 Clone Wars with the Muunilinst 10.

Part of my plan was to hit the lander before it had time to disgorge its troops (and armor) and really set up a defense, but it sounds like you are intent on bypassing any defenses entirely and just planting the LAAT in the mouth of the thing?

Pretty much.  Fast and low, thread the needle. 

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

You'll have to ask @EliasWindrider for that one.

Ok. I'm finally getting my own copy of the core rules! Should be here soon. I will have a lot of free time because of the virus. 

1 minute ago, jhh3 said:

Ok. I'm finally getting my own copy of the core rules! Should be here soon. I will have a lot of free time because of the virus. 

If our GM okays an additional character, then I suggest that the character creation-related discussion takes place in the CW AU Misc thread. This (the OOC thread) is supposed to be relevant to the actions/conversations in the IC thread.

Just now, Bellona said:

If our GM okays an additional character, then I suggest that the character creation-related discussion takes place in the CW AU Misc thread. This (the OOC thread) is supposed to be relevant to the actions/conversations in the IC thread.

Ok.

19 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Take it from him. In the campaign I'm GMing, the party intercepted and subsequently jammed a deadman's switch.

...Then they stole the cargo that was supposed to be blown up. :P

A dead man's switch typically detonates when interrupted/jammed... otherwise it's not a dead man's switch.  To prevent the need for direct communication between the garrison and the demolitions, you could have a point to point link laser from the remote camera which has traditional comms.  If the line of site between the camera and the demolitions is interrupted the demolition's deadman switch activates, if the camera's comms are interrupted for more than s seconds it deactivates the laser link to the demolitions, if someone attempts to tamper with the camera or hack or jamm it, it auto deactivates the laser link immediately.  If you need to disarm the demolitions, a code can be sent over the laser link.  If Ker'see sets the camera she'll be able to snipe from the same position.

19 hours ago, Bellona said:

Hardline would require someone at the other end of the hardline, i.e., relatively close to the site in question. Would a clone volunteer for that, if backed up by a buddy keeping watch and a waiting BARC/sidecar for a fast getaway afterwards?

If that's acceptable, then fine by me.

Our GM already said that it's unlikely that we'd get any sizable portion of CIS forces when taking out a bridge, but we might be able to take out a scouting/demolitions disposal team with the blast. Sabotaging two bridges would mean taking down two different teams, hopefully.

Laying a hard line would be a time consuming and visually obvious task

@jhh3 what type of character did you want to play? Insertion of a jedi into the campaign after the fleet has departed is a little problematic, but a jedi in a starfighter providing support for the fleet that got left behind and their hyperdrive sled got blown up could work, especially if you assume control of a previously abandoned character like Shin Ethan  (whose absence could be explained as providing air support during the fleet engagement) but that's not required... but for the insertion of a jedi at this point the character pretty much has to have been a starfighter pilot that got left behind... which slightly constrains the build.  Clones could be explained as having been their the whole time and have been blending in with the other clones.

18 hours ago, Bellona said:

Up to @EliasWindrider, I guess.

Maybe during the part of the afternoon Jorin trailed Mireska around the GAR garrison, including the hospital wing where she would be helping out when possible.

With the mentor discount it should cost 10 XP for the basic power.

That's fine... spend the xp and you can have it now.

8 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

Additionally @EliasWindrider , I'm not sure if you'll allow it, but I think the LAAT/i transportation is a good addition. The 'ambush' section of the Battle of Christophsis where they get betrayed includes the clones retreating via a LAAT. I'm under the impression that the buildings you're referencing might be the same ones from which they spring their ambush, making it an ideal position for us to do so as well. Flying the LAAT straight through to the enemy C-9979 might be a bit more of a stretch, but that type of situation is precisely the kind I built Condor to shine in.

I responded in character through cody... loitering is out... calling for exfil and waiting to be picked up is ok, yeah it's the same 2 buildings as in that episode.  You can fly to the lander... deploy and have nameless clones (normal npc crew) fly away with it.

8 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

Although, I don’t plan on us getting shot out of the sky by a single droid with a rocket launcher. 

Thanks for the idea, although if I use it you'd survive the hit/crash and it becomes a behind enemy lines bit.

37 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I responded in character through cody... loitering is out... calling for exfil and waiting to be picked up is ok, yeah it's the same 2 buildings as in that episode.  You can fly to the lander... deploy and have nameless clones (normal npc crew) fly away with it.

It sounds like the Jedi are not needed for the building demolition part, although they'd probably bring along some extra explosives just in case.

The clones take care of the building sabotage, then take on a lander for maximum mayhem.

Meanwhile the Jedi sabotage the two bridges by means of the camera and PtP laser link/comlink set up that you described earlier.

Is it possible to set up one location for the cameras/links plus a sniper's nest to keep an eye on both bridges simultaneously? Then after laying the charges Mireska and Jorin can join Ker'see and defend her nest if necessary.

3 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

A dead man's switch typically detonates when interrupted/jammed... otherwise it's not a dead man's switch.

Jammed was a colloquialism. They intercepted the signal and mimicked it so that they became the dead man's switch.

Will Shaped Thermal Grenades work? What do I need to do to acquire them, just get them from the QM, or is there a check or expenditure involved?

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Will Shaped Thermal Grenades work? What do I need to do to acquire them, just get them from the QM, or is there a check or expenditure involved?

Elias mentioned it as something we could take in the Misc thread when I was asking about missile launchers and such, so I believe we were permitted to just get from the QM.

Looking for loadout approval from @EliasWindrider:

For Varactyl Squad, they'll go in with the Carbine and Vibrosword. Ghost and Shadow will pack Shaped Thermal Grenades (2 would be enough, right?), then how many explosive charges do I need, and how much encumbrance do they have? It you just handwave it, I'll have the other four carry them along instead of a grenade.

I plan for Camouflage to take his Ion Pike in addition to his standard gear. (8 encumbrance+jetpack)

Do we need to flip a DP to use the jetpacks to deploy from the LAAT, or is that a given and we'd just have to flip a DP to use them further within the encounter?

@Bellona, there actually is an ability to enhance your sight to that extent? O_O

As tempting as it would be, I'm not sure if Jorin is ready to go that far down the rabbit hole.  😄 😄

at this point, he has no objections to learning Heal and a few other abilities.... 

(I do have a character in mind for that obsession,  but it isn't Jorin... yet.) 😄

7 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Jammed was a colloquialism. They intercepted the signal and mimicked it so that they became the dead man's switch.

Shaped thermal grenades are an anti armor weapon.  In my opinion Demolitions are best handled as a narrative device with encumbrance for a stat that you can get from the QM and only need a cost if you can't get them from a QM or you plan to sell them illegally.

9 hours ago, Bellona said:

It sounds like the Jedi are not needed for the building demolition part, although they'd probably bring along some extra explosives just in case.

The clones take care of the building sabotage, then take on a lander for maximum mayhem.

Meanwhile the Jedi sabotage the two bridges by means of the camera and PtP laser link/comlink set up that you described earlier.

Is it possible to set up one location for the cameras/links plus a sniper's nest to keep an eye on both bridges simultaneously? Then after laying the charges Mireska and Jorin can join Ker'see and defend her nest if necessary.

If you flip a destiny point it's possible to have a single nest for both cameras, but they would be on different sides of the same building so you would need 2 snipers to cover both simultaneously.

4 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Looking for loadout approval from @EliasWindrider:

For Varactyl Squad, they'll go in with the Carbine and Vibrosword. Ghost and Shadow will pack Shaped Thermal Grenades (2 would be enough, right?), then how many explosive charges do I need, and how much encumbrance do they have? It you just handwave it, I'll have the other four carry them along instead of a grenade.

I plan for Camouflage to take his Ion Pike in addition to his standard gear. (8 encumbrance+jetpack)

Do we need to flip a DP to use the jetpacks to deploy from the LAAT, or is that a given and we'd just have to flip a DP to use them further within the encounter?

6 enc per building you can spread the 12 enc in units of 3 enc among the different members of your team.

You wouldn't be deploying from the laat for the buildings, you would be flying ahead, rigging the buildings calling for pick up, flying towards the lander, boarding the laat mid air, flying to the lander, then deploying from the laat to the lander... in this scenario if it's just a deploying action you don't need to spend a dp but if you want to use the Jet packs to stay out of range or reach or negative cover by being above them or make it harder to target you by having the sun behind you etc. It costs a dp.