EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Mireska's equipment, etc. is detailed in the following wall of text ... I hope that it's the sort of answer for which you were looking! Or were you looking for something IC? :) 

Reveal hidden contents

How's Jorin's encumbrance capacity?

Does he have the Mk III Modular Backpack (Savage Species p. 46)? One can purchase six accessory pouches for it (Oggdude treats them as attachments, but that's just to make the mechanics of it work in the character creation/sheet program) which then allow the extended backpack to add +8 to one's encumbrance capacity. Not exaction the height of fashion or desireable for a senator's ball, but very useful.

The reason why I'm yakking on about encumbrance is that so long as the Jedi have the capacity to carry some charges (shaped, etc.), then our GM will be treating the actual sabotage action narratively. Obviously the BARCS/sidecars can carry some charges, but the Jedi might need to hoof it from the BARCs to the actual position where the charges are to be laid. Particularly if they go after the big guns after they take down bridges.

Other gear that Mireska always has along: earbud comlink (Cyphers and Masks p. 45), protective amulet (natch!), holomessenger, and a fully-stocked Jedi utility belt (Keeping the Peace p. 52). She usually also has some binders and restraining bolts along (although I could easily foresee an embarrassing incident if she gets knocked unconscious and then restrained with her own binders! :)).

For this mission, Mireska has added an X5R Heavy Demolitions Kit (Rise of the Seperatists p. 59). It gives +2 Boosts when dealing with explosives (useful even if it's treated narratively), and gives a once per session excuse to avoid a Despair - or three Threats - with explosives (something which otherwise can make them go boom in one's face).

If Jorin has not learned the basic Heal power, then some stimpacks would be a good idea.

Armour, etc.: Mireska is using a modded Armour Insert (Cypher and Masks p. 57), with a modded Portable Plasma Shield attachment (Collapse of the Republic p. 63) on one hand. Together they give her the maximum possible Defence value (4).

This is the game mechanical reason for why Mireska's not constantly diving for cover, as cover just gives a flat Defence value (and therefore doesn't stack with her pre-existing Defence). The only thing which could help her defences now is anything that gives added Setback dice to her foe's attack (as opposed to adding to her Defence value or just giving a flat Defence value). In-character, she's more concerned with protecting others and drawing fire from them.

I should note that Mireska currently has the Knight's Circle of Shelter (Force and Destiny p. 140, Rise of the Separatists p. 38) and Guardian of the Republic (Rise of the Separatists p. 39) talents. Also, now that there's another constant 'sabre user in the group (as opposed to Ker'see who uses the energy bow by preference), I intend to buy the Knight's Side By Side talent (Rise of the Separatists p. 42) for her as soon as I've saved up 20 XP. Have I mentioned how much I love the Knight tree? So many interesting and useful talents! Including the one which allows me to convert a Destiny Pool token from DS to LS whenever Mireska fails a skill check. :)

Weapons, etc.: Mireska has a combat knife (for silent cutting, as opposed to a humming lightsabre) and her lightsabre. The lightsabre has a Damping Emitter (Endless Vigil p. 51) so that she switch to Stun damage, and a Magnetic Weapon Tether (Keeping the Peace p. 53) so that she can recover her weapon as a freee Incidental instead of a more costly Manoeuvre.

Ohhhh... I gotta look into those! I'll have to invest in a backpack then.. and probably some armor.. I'll have to crack open my books!

(mostly, I wasn't sure if we were using our credits for the explosives, or were they provided by the GAR? )

Jorin will visit the Quartermaster and purchase the following:

-150 credits M8 Combat Knife
-4,000 credits Jedi Reconnaissance Armor
-50 credits Backpack
-75 credits Earbud Comlink
-125 credits Stimpack (5)
(4,400 credits spent)

(unless there is an issue)

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

-50 credits Backpack

Just so you know, the Mk III Modular Backpack (Savage Spirits [not Savage Species as I accidentally typed originally - my 3.x influences are showing :)]) is different from the standard one which turns up in the core rulebooks. The basic Mk III costs 75 credits for +2 encumbrance capacity, and each of the six accessory pouches cost 15 credits for +1 encumbrance capacity a piece. So the whole set (basic Mk III + 6 accessory pouches) costs 165 credits and increases encumbrance capacity by +8.

Edited by Bellona

1 hour ago, RuusMarev said:

(mostly, I wasn't sure if we were using our credits for the explosives, or were they provided by the GAR? )

The explosives are GAR-supplied, just like the BARCs themselves. Basically our personal line of credit is used for stuff that we keep for ourselves.

I'm not sure what the policy is regarding stimpacks - purchased or issued (possibly with a limit)?

By the way, if you have the XP to spare, then Mireska could start teaching Jorin how to use the basic Heal power with the mentor discount. The normal cost is 15 XP, with the mentor discount (only usable for the basic version of powers) it's just 10 XP.

A successful use of Heal counts towards the 5/day stimpack limit for the recipient. If five stimpacks are used over a 24-hour period, then they will heal a total of 15 Wounds (5+4+3+2+1), barring any special talents like Stimpack Specialization. An Intellect 3 character (like Jorin) "breaks even" when using Heal (3+3+3+3+3) on himself without having to use a stimpack, and can heal more than that if his Intellect is raised or he purchases a Strength power upgrade on the Heal tree. The main drawback with Heal is that it depends upon the Force dice roll (unless the situation is desperate enough to use DS pips), so it doesn't give an automatically successful result like a stimpack does.

(If Mireska is really lucky with all her Force dice - 8 white pips - then she could potentially heal 18 Wounds in one go due to all the Heal upgrades that she's purchased, or do some other useful stuff instead.)

Just so you know, the Mk III Modular Backpack (Savage Spirits [not Savage Species as I accidentally typed originally - my 3.x influences are showing :)]) is different from the standard one which turns up in the core rulebooks. The basic Mk III costs 75 credits for +2 encumbrance capacity, and each of the six accessory pouches cost 15 credits for +1 encumbrance capacity a piece. So the whole set (basic Mk III + 6 accessory pouches) costs 165 credits and increases encumbrance capacity by +8.

Ok.. I'll have to modify that, I don't have that book, so I was just going off of the one listed in the Core books. 

16 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Ker'see will her Troopers behind to act as cavalry when we need it.

Sounds like a good idea to me, so Mireska will also leave her CTs behind.

(After all, it saves us from having to participate in the combat/narrative action flow of two separate groups.)

4 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Ohhhh... I gotta look into those! I'll have to invest in a backpack then.. and probably some armor.. I'll have to crack open my books!

Grenade you get from the GAR as needed

3 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

-150 credits M8 Combat Knife
-4,000 credits Jedi Reconnaissance Armor
-50 credits Backpack
-75 credits Earbud Comlink
-125 credits Stimpack (5)
(4,400 credits spent)

(unless there is an issue)

All of this is appropriate 

7 hours ago, Bellona said:

So the stats would look like this?

https://swsheets.com/v/tu9qltden-barc-speeder-bi

(I included the standard sidecar weaponry just for the sake of completeness, but tried to make it obvious which stats belong to the upgraded sidecar weaponry.)

At first glance it looks "right" but in the cgi series the pod could swivel around to fire backwards so turret frather than a forward fire arc

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

At first glance it looks "right" but in the cgi series the pod could swivel around to fire backwards so turret frather than a forward fire arc

Okay, I've changed the Firing Arc for the sidecar weaponry to "All".

... Wait, do you mean that the sidecar weaponry can also fire at something on the opposite side from where the sidecar is hanging?

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

All of this is appropriate 

I amended the backpack to a MKIII Modular Backpack (full set)

(Jorin should be good to go..)

Edited by RuusMarev

Okay, I've changed the Firing Arc for the sidecar weaponry to "All".

... Wait, do you mean that the sidecar weaponry can also fire at something on the opposite side from where the sidecar is hanging?

No not on the opposite side.

On 3/22/2020 at 8:17 PM, EliasWindrider said:

Getting the timing right would be more difficult than remote detonation, but either way what are the chances the general won't have scouts/demolitions disposal team check for explosives before sending his army across the bridge?  Taking out a droid demolitions disposal team with a remote detonation is easily doable though. I agree with your assessment about hovering underneath the bridge though.

Then I suggest that we at least try to take out a droid demolitions disposal team or two. Building an army of droids is just asking for major property damage in return ...

If we do this, then are the Jedi also going after the big guns afterwards - or do we save that encounter(s) for later?

9 hours ago, Bellona said:

Then I suggest that we at least try to take out a droid demolitions disposal team or two. Building an army of droids is just asking for major property damage in return ...

If we do this, then are the Jedi also going after the big guns afterwards - or do we save that encounter(s) for later?

If you're trying to hit them while they're landing (same time as @P-47 Thunderbolt) then not a lot of big guns will be down yet, are you going to rig a camera so a clone back at the garrison can blow the bridge when the droids get there or do you plan to wait for a day or two or rig a proximity sensor trigger?

Also up front rigging the bridges to blow isn't going to be very exciting or take an number of posts comparable to @P-47 Thunderbolt' mission... although I could throw in an encounter with a separatist recon patrol (organics for a change)  and that ought to even it out... is there something else you @MrTInce or @RuusMarev would like to do instead...  also... what is @ShockHelix going to be doing again.... I think it involved collapsing a building with demolitions to block a path.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

The commandos were going to be participating in Camouflage's plan, weren't they?

The plan was multiple targets... you had a different target I thought.

So I went back and checked... jedi signed up for the bridges you signed up for the lander, no one signed up for the buildings.... unless there is something else @ShockHelix would prefer to do.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Does anyone have any preferences for the bridge detonations being based upon camera use/remote detonation, proximity sensor trigger, or just being brought down immediately?

If the bridge sabotage is going to be that quickly dealt with in game, then maybe the Jedi could afterwards help with collapsing a building or two. Ker'see could keep watch (overwatch?) while Mireska and Jorin lay the charges.

6 hours ago, Bellona said:

Does anyone have any preferences for the bridge detonations being based upon camera use/remote detonation, proximity sensor trigger, or just being brought down immediately?

Camouflage would suggest remote detonation. Less likely to be messed with by the Separatists because if they try, you can just blow it up. Further, if you leave it up, you can delay that part of their forces significantly, and timing in a multi-pronged assault is important. This is aside from the possibility of damaging or destroying a significant portion of their forces with good timing.

15 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

The plan was multiple targets... you had a different target I thought.

So I went back and checked... jedi signed up for the bridges you signed up for the lander, no one signed up for the buildings.... unless there is something else @ShockHelix would prefer to do.

My idea was for the commandos and Varactyl Squad to do it together. If we're attacking a lander, we'd need the additional support. Plus, Condor is a good pilot (but Camouflage doesn't know that yet).

7 hours ago, Bellona said:

If the bridge sabotage is going to be that quickly dealt with in game, then maybe the Jedi could afterwards help with collapsing a building or two. Ker'see could keep watch (overwatch?) while Mireska and Jorin lay the charges.

I would suggest that the "remote " be more of a "hardline" rather than "wireless "... harder to interrupt through jamming..if the remote camera goes out, just detonate the explosives 🙂

After the bridge parts are completed,  the teams could do some other hit and run mission 

Just now, RuusMarev said:

I would suggest that the "remote " be more of a "hardline" rather than "wireless "... harder to interrupt through jamming..if the remote camera goes out, just detonate the explosives 🙂

Take it from him. In the campaign I'm GMing, the party intercepted and subsequently jammed a deadman's switch.

...Then they stole the cargo that was supposed to be blown up. :P

Hardline would require someone at the other end of the hardline, i.e., relatively close to the site in question. Would a clone volunteer for that, if backed up by a buddy keeping watch and a waiting BARC/sidecar for a fast getaway afterwards?

If that's acceptable, then fine by me.

Our GM already said that it's unlikely that we'd get any sizable portion of CIS forces when taking out a bridge, but we might be able to take out a scouting/demolitions disposal team with the blast. Sabotaging two bridges would mean taking down two different teams, hopefully.