EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

1 hour ago, ShockHelix said:

@EliasWindrider

A couple questions about the BARCs.

What are the specific weapons the Sidecars are going to have? Heavy Repeating Blasters, or something else.

In addition, if I have Condor piloting one of the BARCs and the rest of the Commandos in a squad, am I able to make an attack with whatever the gun on the sidecar is?

I defer to @Bellona and you'd be able to attack with the speeders  more powerful guns.  It's odd... the gunnery side pod seemed more powerful in the animated series.

8 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I defer to @Bellona and you'd be able to attack with the speeders  more powerful guns.  It's odd... the gunnery side pod seemed more powerful in the animated series.

Could I try to make a mechanics check to rig them up with heavy repeating blasters instead of light ones in that case?

4 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

Destiny: 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Well, hopefully Mireska fails a lot of checks lol. Do me a favor though and keep 1 of them available so I can at least use unmatched teamwork when things get bad.

I'll do my best ... :D

40 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

You can either roll that 2 more times for the other 2 speeders your men use or I'll let you f u up a dp to have it count for those and the speeders the jedi use.

@RuusMarev @Bellona @MrTInce @P-47 Thunderbolt sounds like a pretty good deal for the Jedi to get them to. Think it’s worth a DP?

4 hours ago, Bellona said:

I guess so. (Not really an expert in the area.)

The Heavy Repeating Blaster has an extra 4 damage, pierce 1, vicious 1, and 1 lower critical (2 vs 3) over the Light Repeating Blaster, at the cost of an additional 1 cumbersome, 2 encum, and a switch from Ranged (Heavy) to Gunnery. 

I'm wondering if it would be possible to time the bridge sabotage explosions so that they catch CIS troops marching over the bridge(s).

I'm assuming that speeder bikes can go over water, like the river. "Speeders ignore hazards and the effects of terrain lower than their operating altitudes" (FaD p. 254.) The BARCs have a ceiling of 25 m. That sounds like it should be able to sneak under a bridge and hover there while the Jedi lay the charges.

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Bellona said:

I'm wondering if it would be possible to time the bridge sabotage explosions so that they catch CIS troops marching over the bridge(s).

I'm assuming that speeder bikes can go over water, like the river. "Speeders ignore hazards and the effects of terrain lower than their operating altitudes" (FaD p. 254.) The BARCs have a ceiling of 25 m. That sounds like it should be able to sneak under a bridge and hover there while the Jedi lay the charges.

Getting the timing right would be more difficult than remote detonation, but either way what are the chances the general won't have scouts/demolitions disposal team check for explosives before sending his army across the bridge?  Taking out a droid demolitions disposal team with a remote detonation is easily doable though. I agree with your assessment about hovering underneath the bridge though.

Edited by EliasWindrider

On 3/22/2020 at 3:51 PM, ShockHelix said:

The Heavy Repeating Blaster has an extra 4 damage, pierce 1, vicious 1, and 1 lower critical (2 vs 3) over the Light Repeating Blaster, at the cost of an additional 1 cumbersome, 2 encum, and a switch from Ranged (Heavy) to Gunnery. 

So the stats would look like this?

https://swsheets.com/v/tu9qltden-barc-speeder-bi

(I included the standard sidecar weaponry just for the sake of completeness, but tried to make it obvious which stats belong to the upgraded sidecar weaponry.)

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Since this is Jorin's first sabotage/demolition mission,  he'll take Mireska's advice on mission loadout..

Mireska's equipment, etc. is detailed in the following wall of text ... I hope that it's the sort of answer for which you were looking! Or were you looking for something IC? :) 

How's Jorin's encumbrance capacity?

Does he have the Mk III Modular Backpack (Savage Species Spirits p. 46)? One can purchase six accessory pouches for it (Oggdude treats them as attachments, but that's just to make the mechanics of it work in the character creation/sheet program) which then allow the extended backpack to add +8 to one's encumbrance capacity. Not exaction the height of fashion or desireable for a senator's ball, but very useful.

The reason why I'm yakking on about encumbrance is that so long as the Jedi have the capacity to carry some charges (shaped, etc.), then our GM will be treating the actual sabotage action narratively. Obviously the BARCS/sidecars can carry some charges, but the Jedi might need to hoof it from the BARCs to the actual position where the charges are to be laid. Particularly if they go after the big guns after they take down bridges.

Other gear that Mireska always has along: earbud comlink (Cyphers and Masks p. 45), protective amulet (natch!), holomessenger, and a fully-stocked Jedi utility belt (Keeping the Peace p. 52). She usually also has some binders and restraining bolts along (although I could easily foresee an embarrassing incident if she gets knocked unconscious and then restrained with her own binders! :)).

For this mission, Mireska has added an X5R Heavy Demolitions Kit (Rise of the Seperatists p. 59). It gives +2 Boosts when dealing with explosives (useful even if it's treated narratively), and gives a once per session excuse to avoid a Despair - or three Threats - with explosives (something which otherwise can make them go boom in one's face).

If Jorin has not learned the basic Heal power, then some stimpacks would be a good idea.

Armour, etc.: Mireska is using a modded Armour Insert (Cypher and Masks p. 57), with a modded Portable Plasma Shield attachment (Collapse of the Republic p. 63) on one hand. Together they give her the maximum possible Defence value (4).

This is the game mechanical reason for why Mireska's not constantly diving for cover, as cover just gives a flat Defence value (and therefore doesn't stack with her pre-existing Defence). The only thing which could help her defences now is anything that gives added Setback dice to her foe's attack (as opposed to adding to her Defence value or just giving a flat Defence value). In-character, she's more concerned with protecting others and drawing fire from them.

I should note that Mireska currently has the Knight's Circle of Shelter (Force and Destiny p. 140, Rise of the Separatists p. 38) and Guardian of the Republic (Rise of the Separatists p. 39) talents. Also, now that there's another constant 'sabre user in the group (as opposed to Ker'see who uses the energy bow by preference), I intend to buy the Knight's Side By Side talent (Rise of the Separatists p. 42) for her as soon as I've saved up 20 XP. Have I mentioned how much I love the Knight tree? So many interesting and useful talents! Including the one which allows me to convert a Destiny Pool token from DS to LS whenever Mireska fails a skill check. :)

Weapons, etc.: Mireska has a combat knife (for silent cutting, as opposed to a humming lightsabre) and her lightsabre. The lightsabre has a Damping Emitter (Endless Vigil p. 51) so that she can switch to Stun damage, and a Magnetic Weapon Tether (Keeping the Peace p. 53) so that she can recover her weapon as a free Incidental instead of a more costly Manoeuvre.

Edited by Bellona
Corrected a sourcebook title. Typos, etc.

@EliasWindrider:

Should I add Mireska's CTs to Camouflage and Condor's groups, or just keep them at the GAR garrison doing regular GAR stuff in the interest of a more streamlined series of encounters?

I suppose the same question applies to Ker'see's CTs too.