EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

8 hours ago, Bellona said:

I always got the impression that alchemy crafting was something that was associated with the Sith, so the Jedi don't officially recognise it as a valid/proper/allowed practice. Which in turn is why I believe it most likely to be "secrets handed down from master to student through the ages" (TM). IIRC, our GM agrees with this view.

Therefore any alchemy crafting that Jorin learns from Mireska will be very unofficial lessons. She will warn him sincerely of its dangers, and only teach the one recipe. IIRC, it's the only one with only positive effects (barring crafting ... accidents ... with DS pips). And she will order him not to seek out any more recipes, both for the sake of himself and those around him.

Some jedi (most guardians) associate alchemy exclusively with the Sith and think *ALL* alchemy (except for attaining lightsaber crystals) is bad.  Other jedi, frequently librarians and artisans say attuning a lightsaber crystal is alchemy so not all alchemy is bad, to them if something has purely beneficial/non harmful effects it's clearly lightside, consulars and sentinels are split between the two views... (talking kotor jedi classes/categories/roles not ffg careers) if it was widely known within the order that you made a protective amulet, about half the order would give you weird/suspicious have a problem with the protective amulet itself, but he'd keep an eye on you to see how far you'd take alchemy. Yoda's opinion is that a protective amulet is clearly on the light side of the line but it's a step closer to the line because of increased temptation to experiment.  A question of whether you put the guardrails at the edge of the cliff or 5 or 10 feet (about 1.5 or 3 meters) in from the edge of the cliff.  If it came down to a council debate (which it wouldn't) Yoda would be saying a protective amulet is not grounds for expulsion.

Is it too late to add 2hp to Jorin's Saber?

(After I get more familiar with adding mods to my Ilum crystal, and the saber itself, I'd like to spam an attempt to see if I can enhance at least the crystal..)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RuusMarev said:

Is it too late to add 2hp to Jorin's Saber?

(After I get more familiar with adding mods to my Ilum crystal, and the saber itself, I'd like to spam an attempt to see if I can enhance at least the crystal..)

Hp doesn't help you get extra mods to a crystal, ranks in lore and secrets of the jedi (improved) does that. Extra hp gets you extra attachments.  Personally I'd say, get 3 yellow dice for mechanics checks, at least 1 rank in lore to reduce the difficulty of crafting a basic lightsaber to 1 purple, and then spam crafting at 100 credits a pop (50 credits if you recycle a previous attempt) until you get 2 triumphs and at least 1 success and it can be spent for 2 different crafting upgrades one of which is personalized design to get you +1 advantage and +1 damage (that will stack with a later superior hilt customization  attachment) for a net +2 advantage and damage.  The lightsaber crafting rules are in endless vigil, if you don't have endless vigil use the odd dude generator or pm me your email address and I can mail you a pdf (ffg's policy is customers can make copies for personal use and you're covered because you're playing in my campaign).

Personalized design takes 3 advantage or 1 triumph, adds 1 success to an already successful roll, adds a threat to anyone else using the saber.

Fine tuned emitter cost a triumph and adds 1 advantage.

Customizable costs 3 advantage or a triumph and adds 1 hp 

All of the above can only be selected once, 

Disguised cost 2 advantage or a triumph, adds a setback to recognizing a lightsaber as a lightsaber when it's not ignited.

If you want to spam the crafting now (and have it happen before the game) that's ok with me. Post all the rolls not just the successful ones in the same post in the misc thread.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@EliasWindrider

I take it that we can re-stock our CTs' inventories, etc.?

I'd also like to get the Ascension Gun attachment for Mireska's last two CTs (the ones who weren't along on the Invincible) so that they have identical gear, and maybe investigate the possibility of some ion grenades or the like.

Mireska has already off-loaded her own explosives and sent the structural scanner back to the Negotiator. (Ker'see can fill in for it if necessary. :)) Mireska will keep the demolitions kit just in case, but it's normally in her quarters along with her own light blaster/ascension gun, the bigger weapon maintenance kit [from SS], and her medical datapad (unless there's a reason to bring any of those items along on an excursion/foray).

2 hours ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

I take it that we can re-stock our CTs' inventories, etc.?

I'd also like to get the Ascension Gun attachment for Mireska's last two CTs (the ones who weren't along on the Invincible) so that they have identical gear, and maybe investigate the possibility of some ion grenades or the like.

Mireska has already off-loaded her own explosives and sent the structural scanner back to the Negotiator. (Ker'see can fill in for it if necessary. :)) Mireska will keep the demolitions kit just in case, but it's normally in her quarters along with her own light blaster/ascension gun, the bigger weapon maintenance kit [from SS], and her medical datapad (unless there's a reason to bring any of those items along on an excursion/foray).

Sure.

6 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Happy to screenwipe.

@RuusMarev are you ok with screen wiping to dinner?

What'll happen during dinner is you'll be in the mess hall when you get an urgent message from admiral Yularen saying the separatists fleet has returned in larger numbers and the republic fleet has to pull back or be destroyed, you're on your own.  However the garrison has a shield generator to protect it from most things (like bombing runs and artillery fire) along with Laats and a few star fighters for air support and 10 or so at-te's.  You are also well stocked on consumables like food and medical supplies, so you're in a good position to hold out for quite a while.

@Bellona @MrTInce @P-47 Thunderbolt @RuusMarev @ShockHelix

In the animated series there is a clone traitor who objects to the clones being slaves forced to fight in the war under the command of their jedi masters, and in the name of freeing his brothers blows up the at-te's and takes other actions leading to more clones getting killed... I get that his actions aren't logically consistent, he shouldn't have just deserted and led other clones to do the same... things are a bit different in this universe because the PCs crashed the Invincible into the previous separatists base so the clones on planet haven't been fighting for their lives for the last week or two, so the would be clone traitor isn't stressed out yet.

So, I'm going to put it to a vote about how you want the session to go... do you want

1) the story to follow along the lines of the original where the clone traitor blows stuff up making the fight a little more desperate and the clones PCs on scene track down the traitor while the jedi go behind enemy lines to sabotage something face off against ventress, those jedi wanting a christophsis crystal lose their lightsaber (which they will get to recreate as a zero GM handwave at the cut scene at the end of the session), find christophsis  crystals and get 2 or 3 attempts (stop at first successful) to craft a temporary hilt/saber.

2) to not have the clone traitor turn traitor yet (have to deal with it in a future battle unless he dies or deserts first) where the jedi and clone PCs + minions go behind enemy lines together, and then as in the phantom menace (canon movie) naboo palace assault split into 2 groups where the clones go to sabotage while the jedi face off against ventress as quigon and obiwan faced off against maul.  Jedi who want a christophsis crystals losing their sabers.

Btw @Bellona @MrTInce @RuusMarev which of you want to lose their sabers  to gain christophsis crystals? 

11 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@RuusMarev are you ok with screen wiping to dinner?

What'll happen during dinner is you'll be in the mess hall when you get an urgent message from admiral Yularen saying the separatists fleet has returned in larger numbers and the republic fleet has to pull back or be destroyed, you're on your own.  However the garrison has a shield generator to protect it from most things (like bombing runs and artillery fire) along with Laats and a few star fighters for air support and 10 or so at-te's.  You are also well stocked on consumables like food and medical supplies, so you're in a good position to hold out for quite a while.

@Bellona @MrTInce @P-47 Thunderbolt @RuusMarev @ShockHelix

In the animated series there is a clone traitor who objects to the clones being slaves forced to fight in the war under the command of their jedi masters, and in the name of freeing his brothers blows up the at-te's and takes other actions leading to more clones getting killed... I get that his actions aren't logically consistent, he shouldn't have just deserted and led other clones to do the same... things are a bit different in this universe because the PCs crashed the Invincible into the previous separatists base so the clones on planet haven't been fighting for their lives for the last week or two, so the would be clone traitor isn't stressed out yet.

So, I'm going to put it to a vote about how you want the session to go... do you want

1) the story to follow along the lines of the original where the clone traitor blows stuff up making the fight a little more desperate and the clones PCs on scene track down the traitor while the jedi go behind enemy lines to sabotage something face off against ventress, those jedi wanting a christophsis crystal lose their lightsaber (which they will get to recreate as a zero GM handwave at the cut scene at the end of the session), find christophsis  crystals and get 2 or 3 attempts (stop at first successful) to craft a temporary hilt/saber.

2) to not have the clone traitor turn traitor yet (have to deal with it in a future battle unless he dies or deserts first) where the jedi and clone PCs + minions go behind enemy lines together, and then as in the phantom menace (canon movie) naboo palace assault split into 2 groups where the clones go to sabotage while the jedi face off against ventress as quigon and obiwan faced off against maul.  Jedi who want a christophsis crystals losing their sabers.

Btw @Bellona @MrTInce @RuusMarev which of you want to lose their sabers  to gain christophsis crystals? 

I'm cool with the screen wipe.

I think I'll take a chance and go for a Christophsis crystal.

As for the Traitor, I think I'm willing to have him sooner, than later.. if hes still around.

35 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I'm fine with whichever.

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

I guess that we're waiting to hear @ShockHelix's vote?

I'm fine with options 2 as well.

Also, just as a further heads up to everyone, I work in the medical field, so as you can imagine with COVID, my availability is spotty. If I get quarantined I'll have all the time in the world, but we're having a lot of people call out at the moment so I'm not sure how busy I'm going to be. I'll do my best in the meantime to see how things go, and hopefully they don't get any worse.

9 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

I'm fine with options 2 as well.

Also, just as a further heads up to everyone, I work in the medical field, so as you can imagine with COVID, my availability is spotty. If I get quarantined I'll have all the time in the world, but we're having a lot of people call out at the moment so I'm not sure how busy I'm going to be. I'll do my best in the meantime to see how things go, and hopefully they don't get any worse.

Do you want to nominate a player to post for with a given frequency?

2 hours ago, Bellona said:

Looks like Ventress is going to get quite the trophy collection! :D 

(I wonder how Grievous will react?)

Of course this means the encounter with Ventress is going to be lost to her via deus ex machina if necessary.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Of course this means the encounter with Ventress is going to be lost to her via deus ex machina if necessary.

No problem. I'm sure that Ventress can beat Mireska in a 'sabre duel without breaking a sweat.

E.T.A. By the way, is Asajj Ventress a known "person of interest" in connection with Dooku, the CIS, and/or the Sith? I can't remember if OWK and Anakin had run into her before TCW pilot episode/movie or not (pre-Disney comic canon might be mixing me up here).

Edited by Bellona

@EliasWindrider

When are we expected to work narratively/otherwise on our side-stories? In downtime?

On a related note, Mireska would like to visit Kamino and see how much she can discover there, possibly pick up the trail of something interesting. That might take several visits. But I have no idea how it would fit into the main story arcs.

Also, she wants to keep in contact with the Coruscant Temple's Healers, to find out how OWK is doing: is he conscious, physically recovered, mentally recovered, etc. As the first medical responder on site at his rescue (and a friend of his), she feels a certain proprietary interest in his case.

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

When are we expected to work narratively/otherwise on our side-stories? In downtime?

On a related note, Mireska would like to visit Kamino and see how much she can discover there, possibly pick up the trail of something interesting. That might take several visits. But I have no idea how it would fit into the main story arcs.

Also, she wants to keep in contact with the Coruscant Temple's Healers, to find out how OWK is doing: is he conscious, physically recovered, mentally recovered, etc. As the first medical responder on site at his rescue (and a friend of his), she feels a certain proprietary interest in his case.

Well yours relates to clones so conceivably yours could come up anytime your providing medical care to clones.

But after you rescue jabba's son you will have some downtime.  

Also Ventress is associated with dooku but not sith.

7 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Also Ventress is associated with dooku but not sith.

As in we'd recognise her if we saw her? Or if we heard her name?

Regarding Trench ...

Did we ever identify him by name or as a CIS admiral post-crash?

Did he get shipped off-planet and into the hands of Republic Intelligence (or whichever branch interrogates enemy officers and detains them)?

Which clone is in charge of the GAR on Christophsis? I.e., the Cody equivalent and his second in command?

Or have Condor and Camouflage been promoted? :) 

9 hours ago, Bellona said:

As in we'd recognise her if we saw her? Or if we heard her name?

She'd match the description.

Regarding Trench ...

Did we ever identify him by name or as a CIS admiral post-crash?

Did he get shipped off-planet and into the hands of Republic Intelligence (or whichever branch interrogates enemy officers and detains them)?

No

Yes  to the first part no to the second... he was shipped to an offworld intensive care medical care... and promptly escaped upon recovery despite the armed guard.

Which clone is in charge of the GAR on Christophsis? I.e., the Cody equivalent and his second in command?

Or have Condor and Camouflage been promoted? :) 

An off screen clone