EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

22 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

@EliasWindriderOk, I modified Jorin Cass to reflect the modified Padawan tree..  https://swsheets.com/c/ltyx7cuer-jorin-cass---

I still think that you should have about 100 to 200 more unspent xp than listed on your sheet, you have 1 spec for 300 xp, 2 force powers, and a handful of skill ranks.  Did you build your character in the oggdude generator and copy it to swsheets or do it by hand?

9 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I still think that you should have about 100 to 200 more unspent xp than listed on your sheet, you have 1 spec for 300 xp, 2 force powers, and a handful of skill ranks.  Did you build your character in the oggdude generator and copy it to swsheets or do it by hand?

Nope, he's right. Just double checked it. Did you remember to count the Characteristics?

130 Skills
  95 Maxed Enhance
150 Maxed Move
300 Maxed Padawan
110 Characteristics
265 Stored
-----
=1050

3 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Nope, he's right. Just double checked it. Did you remember to count the Characteristics?

130 Skills
  95 Maxed Enhance
150 Maxed Move
300 Maxed Padawan
110 Characteristics
265 Stored
-----
=1050

Does the 130 for skills take into account the free ranks from career and first spec?

Posted (edited)

Also, assuming that Condor or one of the others helped Mireska with her remedial unarmed combat training, I've spent 5 xp to improve her Brawl skill. This was accomplished by cheating in the traditional Jedi manner of course! :)  (Adding the Control: Brawl upgrade to her Enhance power tree.)

Though I probably won't get the MediaFire file updated until Monday or Tuesday.

Edited by Bellona
Spelling.

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Also, assuming that Condor or one of the others helped Mireska with her remedial unarmed combat training, I've spend 5 xp to improve her Brawl skill. This was accomplished by cheating in the traditional Jedi manner of course! :)  (Adding the Control: Brawl upgrade to her Enhance power tree.)

Though I probably won't get the MediaFire file updated until Monday or Tuesday.

That's fine.

Posted (edited)

I've been experimenting with SWSheets as well as hunting down female mirialan pictures on the wild web, and ended up making a SWSheets page for Mireska with probably the best female mirialan picture match for her. (I.e., not a Sith, no double-bladed lightsabres, no head covering, and no slutty clothing/potential nudity.)

https://swsheets.com/c/wjnxpmtoz-mireska-tanohdi

"The doctor is in!"

(And she promises not to use Harm again. I actually managed to squick myself a bit when writing those particular IC posts.)

Edited by Bellona

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Dose Jorin notice the other Jedi wearing armor? (Jedi reconnaissance armor/ is that what Anakin and Obi-wan wear?)

(Jorin will take interest if they are; his last master didn't wear any, and that didn't work out so well...)

With regard to Mireska: make an Average Perception check, otherwise it looks like she just wears a Jedi Healer's uniform and has an interesting-looking vambrace on her off-hand arm (probably the left arm).

With regard to Ker'see: she has Armoured Robes (with some attachments probably) and a useful talent.

Edited by Bellona
Clarity.

2 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

Dose Jorin notice the other Jedi wearing armor? (Jedi reconnaissance armor/ is that what Anakin and Obi-wan wear?)

(Jorin will take interest if they are; his last master didn't wear any, and that didn't work out so well...)

According to their FFG statblocks, Obi-Wan has Jedi Commander Armor (actual gear) and Anakin has Padded Robes (1 soak, 1 defense).

@RuusMarev:

The "various tips and tricks" to which Mireska referred is actually Alchemy Crafting (Ultimate Power pp. 79, 84). The only "recipe" that Mireska knows (or at least is willing to admit to knowing) is the one for the Protective Amulet.

Jorin has the necessary skill ranks in the Lore knowledge to pull it off, so it's more a question of credits and time. The results are not always foreseeable, due to the role played by the Force dice pips. Sometimes it's just better to scrap one result and try again another time.

[Jorin mentions the concept of making talismans to protect himself to Camouflage]

Camouflage shrugs, "You need me to stand on my head and recite gibberish, I'll take your word for it and do it. Whatever you need, to make whatever it is, that does whatever it does, to keep you alive." ;)

4 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Jorin will take what he can get. and I'm sure Camouflage will appreciate anything that will help with keeping his young Commander alive, even if its stuff he doesn't understand... like talismans, and Force techniques

I always got the impression that alchemy crafting was something that was associated with the Sith, so the Jedi don't officially recognise it as a valid/proper/allowed practice. Which in turn is why I believe it most likely to be "secrets handed down from master to student through the ages" (TM). IIRC, our GM agrees with this view.

Therefore any alchemy crafting that Jorin learns from Mireska will be very unofficial lessons. She will warn him sincerely of its dangers, and only teach the one recipe. IIRC, it's the only one with only positive effects (barring crafting ... accidents ... with DS pips). And she will order him not to seek out any more recipes, both for the sake of himself and those around him.

11 minutes ago, Bellona said:

I always got the impression that alchemy crafting was something that was associated with the Sith, so the Jedi don't officially recognise it as a valid/proper/allowed practice. Which in turn is why I believe it most likely to be "secrets handed down from master to student through the ages" (TM). IIRC, our GM agrees with this view.

Therefore any alchemy crafting that Jorin learns from Mireska will be very unofficial lessons. She will warn him sincerely of its dangers, and only teach the one recipe. IIRC, it's the only one with only positive effects (barring crafting ... accidents ... with DS pips). And she will order him not to seek out any more recipes, both for the sake of himself and those around him.

Sure, let's tell a kid "not to do something.." what could go wrong? :D :D 

Image result for anakin gif

was tempted in mention the location of the legion's* still, but I'm pretty sure that the clones and Mireska aren't on that good a footing yet ...

* (or whatever military unit we have - I'm a bit fuzzy about that)

Posted (edited)

@EliasWindrider:

I know that you have a lot on your hands in RL (infants, energy-renovation, etc.), but when you have the time and energy - would it be possible to add Jorin, Camouflage, and Varactyl squad's character sheet links to an empty placeholder post on the first page of the OOC thread, please?

(It might also be an idea to re-organise the first post too, weeding out the MIA players and pushing lower those players who are on a hiatus. That would make it a lot easier to form a quick overview when necessary.)

Edited by Bellona

Posted (edited)
On 3/13/2020 at 9:12 AM, MrTInce said:

Oh yeah, Ker'see has CTs. They would be with the Duchess...

And hopefully not eaten by her! 

I know that Ker'see wasn't wild about ordering around a squad of CTs, but that would not be nice way to get rid of them. :D 

Edited by Bellona