EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

On 1/31/2020 at 7:08 PM, EliasWindrider said:

There are 3 squads of b1's in the room, 1 seems to be manning the ship, 2 have taken cover with guns pointed at the door, then there's a giant spider like alien looking at a monitor.  The spider alien has some cybernetics.

On 2/1/2020 at 3:30 AM, EliasWindrider said:

No.... I'm just going to let you go first, I promise there's a plan.  The 2 b1 groups have 2 setback of cover.  The scattered squad of b1's manning the bridge have 1 setback of cover.

Xenology, or one of Core Worlds/Outer Rim to identify the species of the giant spider-like alien?

How much cover does the giant spider alien have?

Edited by Bellona

44 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Xenology, or one of Core Worlds/Outer Rim to identify the species of the giant spider-like alien?

How much cover does the giant spider alien have?

Xenology.  From where you are nowSpider alien (admiral trench sp?) has full cover.

4 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Xenology.

Average difficulty?

5 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

From where you are nowSpider alien (admiral trench sp?) has full cover.

Based on Ker'see's information, how much cover would Trench have from someone in the bridge doorway?

(And by "full cover" do you mean RDef 2, or absolutely no line-of-sight and therefore impossible to target?

Just now, Bellona said:

Average difficulty?

Based on Ker'see's information, how much cover would Trench have from someone in the bridge doorway?

(And by "full cover" do you mean RDef 2, or absolutely no line-of-sight and therefore impossible to target?

Let's try 1 red, 2 purple, and 2 black (it's a very unusual species)

2 setback

Impossible to target from where you are now.

Btw whoever enters the room first should describe a smokey haze leftover from the explosive entry making it hard to see.  The 2 setback was from cover, there will be another setback for concealment from the smokey haze.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Let's get going. Will force leap into position using a maneuver.

Force leap: 3eF 5 Dark Side
f-ds.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ds-ds.png

Will flip a destiny point and take the 2 strain and 2 conflict to use the required darkside pips.

Use the true aim maneuver (another two strain) and ready a shot at one of the b1 groups in partial cover.

Action to take the shot...

Grenading a droid group: 2eP+4eA+1eB+2eD+3eS 0 successes, 5 advantage
p-a-a.pngp-s-s.pnga-a-a.pnga-a-a.pnga-a-a.pnga-s.pngb--.pngd-f-f.pngd-th.pngs-f.pngs-th.pngs-th.png

Will spend three to trigger the blast so each droid takes 7 ion damage and will then spend the other two to recover strain.

4 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Let's get going. Will force leap into position using a maneuver.

Force leap: 3eF 5 Dark Side
f-ds.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ds-ds.png

Will flip a destiny point and take the 2 strain and 2 conflict to use the required darkside pips.

Use the true aim maneuver (another two strain) and ready a shot at one of the b1 groups in partial cover.

Action to take the shot...

Grenading a droid group: 2eP+4eA+1eB+2eD+3eS 0 successes, 5 advantage
p-a-a.pngp-s-s.pnga-a-a.pnga-a-a.pnga-a-a.pnga-s.pngb--.pngd-f-f.pngd-th.pngs-f.pngs-th.pngs-th.png

Will spend three to trigger the blast so each droid takes 7 ion damage and will then spend the other two to recover strain.

That will take out the minion group.

@EliasWindrider Mireska plans to do the following, assuming that it's a legal series of actions:

(She's more worried about the cybernetically enhanced admiral than the minion squad of B1s.)

CT Storm:

Storm drops out of the minion group (incidental).

He sets the timed detonator on one of his Mk II EMPs and passes it to Mireska (manoeuvre, or two of them, or manoeuvre and action to do all that?).

Mireska:

Mireska will swap her single Shaped Charge for Storm's primed (right terminology?) Mk. II EMP grenade (manoeuvre).

Force Leap from stairwell exit to Ker'see's side, just inside bridge doorway (2nd manoeuvre, taking +2 Strain), with PPS up (incidental) ...

Force Leap as manoeuvre: 4eF 4 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ds.png

... Result is enough to get her there.

Drops the ion grenade discreetly at her own feet (incidental) as she turns on her lightsabre (incidental) and says something declarative about taking the ship,

Uses Move power to steadily move the ion grenade at close to floor-level over to the cyborg admiral, hoping that the smoky haze, lightsabre, and speech will distract the CIS forces from the grenade's presence and movement (action) ...

Move power on ion grenade: 4eF 3 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ls-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ls.png

... Result is enough to move the ion grenade to the admiral.

Ion grenade's timer finishes count-down and explodes at admiral's feet (full cover = 2 Setback, haze = +1 Setback) ...

Rgd-L for aiming ion grenade, Short, full cover, haze: 1eP+2eA+1eD+3eS 1 success, 1 threat
p-a-a.pnga--.pnga-s-a.pngd-th-th.pngs-th.pngs-th.pngs--.png

... Result is 9 ion damage (8 base + 1 Success) to the admiral's cybernetics, but admiral is not Disoriented (not enough Advantages). Mireska suffers +1 Strain (1 Threat), probably from the stress of directing the grenade while yakking on and waving about her lightsabre. Regardless, the admiral's cybernetics should stop working (either for the remainder the scene or until repaired).

... drat, he probably has a rank or more in the Adversary talent, so the difficulty die will most likely need to be swapped out/re-rolled in some way. Please let me know if I need to re-do that Ranged (Light) dice roll or do something else to accomplish this complicated sequence of events.

And if there's time in there - probably after the Force Leap but before the timed detonation - for a Xenology check as an incidental action (Researcher rank 2 removes the 2 Setbacks and halves the time taken, haze adds 1 Setback; should I add +2 Setbacks for the full cover too?) ...

Xenology for Trench's species info., haze: 3eP+1eA+1eC+2eD+1eS 3 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-s.pnga-s.pngc-th.pngd-f.pngd-f-th.pngs-th.png

... Result is either a greater success or a quicker result. Mireska takes +1 Strain (1 Threat), probably due to straining her eyes to stare at the admiral through the smoky haze. That would put her at +4 Strain taken in total on her turn.

Mireska's turn ends with her standing in the haze, with the PPS on and her lightsabre lit, ready to use Reflect, Circle of Shelter (for Ker'see and any other ally within Engaged range), Guardian of the Republic, etc.

IC post will go up once the action sequence and dice rolls have been okayed. The remaining 3 CTs will take their action later, possibly after Condor and the ARCs.

Edited by Bellona

8 hours ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider Mireska plans to do the following, assuming that it's a legal series of actions:

(She's more worried about the cybernetically enhanced admiral than the minion squad of B1s.)

CT Storm:

Storm drops out of the minion group (incidental).

He sets the timed detonator on one of his Mk II EMPs and passes it to Mireska (manoeuvre, or two of them, or manoeuvre and action to do all that?).

Mireska:

Mireska will swap her single Shaped Charge for Storm's primed (right terminology?) Mk. II EMP grenade (manoeuvre).

Force Leap from stairwell exit to Ker'see's side, just inside bridge doorway (2nd manoeuvre, taking +2 Strain), with PPS up (incidental) ...

Force Leap as manoeuvre: 4eF 4 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ds.png

... Result is enough to get her there.

Drops the ion grenade discreetly at her own feet (incidental) as she turns on her lightsabre (incidental) and says something declarative about taking the ship,

Uses Move power to steadily move the ion grenade at close to floor-level over to the cyborg admiral, hoping that the smoky haze, lightsabre, and speech will distract the CIS forces from the grenade's presence and movement (action) ...

Move power on ion grenade: 4eF 3 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ls-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ls.png

... Result is enough to move the ion grenade to the admiral.

Ion grenade's timer finishes count-down and explodes at admiral's feet (full cover = 2 Setback, haze = +1 Setback) ...

Rgd-L for aiming ion grenade, Short, full cover, haze: 1eP+2eA+1eD+3eS 1 success, 1 threat
p-a-a.pnga--.pnga-s-a.pngd-th-th.pngs-th.pngs-th.pngs--.png

... Result is 9 ion damage (8 base + 1 Success) to the admiral's cybernetics, but admiral is not Disoriented (not enough Advantages). Mireska suffers +1 Strain (1 Threat), probably from the stress of directing the grenade while yakking on and waving about her lightsabre. Regardless, the admiral's cybernetics should stop working (either for the remainder the scene or until repaired).

... drat, he probably has a rank or more in the Adversary talent, so the difficulty die will most likely need to be swapped out/re-rolled in some way. Please let me know if I need to re-do that Ranged (Light) dice roll or do something else to accomplish this complicated sequence of events.

And if there's time in there - probably after the Force Leap but before the timed detonation - for a Xenology check as an incidental action (Researcher rank 2 removes the 2 Setbacks and halves the time taken, haze adds 1 Setback; should I add +2 Setbacks for the full cover too?) ...

Xenology for Trench's species info., haze: 3eP+1eA+1eC+2eD+1eS 3 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-s.pnga-s.pngc-th.pngd-f.pngd-f-th.pngs-th.png

... Result is either a greater success or a quicker result. Mireska takes +1 Strain (1 Threat), probably due to straining her eyes to stare at the admiral through the smoky haze. That would put her at +4 Strain taken in total on her turn.

Mireska's turn ends with her standing in the haze, with the PPS on and her lightsabre lit, ready to use Reflect, Circle of Shelter (for Ker'see and any other ally within Engaged range), Guardian of the Republic, etc.

IC post will go up once the action sequence and dice rolls have been okayed. The remaining 3 CTs will take their action later, possibly after Condor and the ARCs.

You can declare those actions, in fact I'll take this as you declaring those actions but you don't see trench where Ker'see told you he was, in fact you don't see him anywhere.  Btw everything I told you was a true answer to the questions you asked.

The monitor he was looking at showed the hallway, he moved when he saw the clones set the charge.

Anyway since @ShockHelix hasn't posted in the last week, I'll have trench take his turn, he's going to drop down from the ceiling behind/on top of you, bite you and pull you back up to the ceiling with him to use you as cover and a hostage.

I'm going to need you to make a 3 red 1 purple 3 black fear check when he drops on you... most people get freaked out by regular spiders and this is a giant (bigger than you) spider

Edited by EliasWindrider

On 2/4/2020 at 4:18 AM, EliasWindrider said:

You can declare those actions, in fact I'll take this as you declaring those actions but you don't see trench where Ker'see told you he was, in fact you don't see him anywhere.  Btw everything I told you was a true answer to the questions you asked.

The monitor he was looking at showed the hallway, he moved when he saw the clones set the charge.

Anyway since @ShockHelix hasn't posted in the last week, I'll have trench take his turn, he's going to drop down from the ceiling behind/on top of you, bite you and pull you back up to the ceiling with him to use you as cover and a hostage.

I'm going to need you to make a 3 red 1 purple 3 black fear check when he drops on you... most people get freaked out by regular spiders and this is a giant (bigger than you) spider

Understood.

(Finally a reason for Mireska to improve her brawling abilities via skills and talents! :) [Assuming that she survives.] I was waiting for a situation like this before she'd realise that she needed to do something about that.)

Assuming that Trench does not actually interrupt Mireska's turn (but instead takes his right after hers): the ion grenade instead is sent over to the other minion group of defending B1s and destroys one of them, reducing them to 5 members. (The grenade is on a timer, so it needs to be used anyway.) If Trench actually interrupted Mireska's turn, then he'd risk getting the ion grenade in his face/cybernetics.

Fear check: I'll use/flip a LS DP to upgrade Mireska's Discipline check ...

Fear check vs. Trench's  surprise appearance: 3eP+3eC+1eD+3eS 2 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.pngp-s-s.pngp-s.pngc-th.pngc-f.pngc-f.pngd-th.pngs-th.pngs--.pngs--.png

... Result: success (no Fear-based Setbacks), but Mireska is Staggered (no actions but manoeuvres and incidentals still okay?) until the end of her next turn due to the 3 Threats. (Parry/Reflect/Improved Reflect, etc. are OOT incidentals, so they should still be possible.) I guess that the surprise of his appearance was more startling than fear-inspiring (WTF rather than OMG).

Triumph ... can I use that to give Trench an upgraded difficulty on his actual attack/grab sequence?

I'll wait with the IC until this is sorted out.  I've made the IC post, but left the end open-ended enough for you to build further.

Total Strain taken is still +4 (2nd man., Ranged-Light threat, Xenology threat).

Edited by Bellona
IC status update.

19 hours ago, Bellona said:

Understood.

(Finally a reason for Mireska to improve her brawling abilities via skills and talents! :) [Assuming that she survives.] I was waiting for a situation like this before she'd realise that she needed to do something about that.)

Assuming that Trench does not actually interrupt Mireska's turn (but instead takes his right after hers): the ion grenade instead is sent over to the other minion group of defending B1s and destroys one of them, reducing them to 5 members. (The grenade is on a timer, so it needs to be used anyway.) If Trench actually interrupted Mireska's turn, then he'd risk getting the ion grenade in his face/cybernetics.

Fear check: I'll use/flip a LS DP to upgrade Mireska's Discipline check ...

Fear check vs. Trench's  surprise appearance: 3eP+3eC+1eD+3eS 2 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.pngp-s-s.pngp-s.pngc-th.pngc-f.pngc-f.pngd-th.pngs-th.pngs--.pngs--.png

... Result: success (no Fear-based Setbacks), but Mireska is Staggered (no actions but manoeuvres and incidentals still okay?) until the end of her next turn due to the 3 Threats. (Parry/Reflect/Improved Reflect, etc. are OOT incidentals, so they should still be possible.) I guess that the surprise of his appearance was more startling than fear-inspiring (WTF rather than OMG).

Triumph ... can I use that to give Trench an upgraded difficulty on his actual attack/grab sequence?

I'll wait with the IC until this is sorted out.  I've made the IC post, but left the end open-ended enough for you to build further.

Total Strain taken is still +4 (2nd man., Ranged-Light threat, Xenology threat).

Yes to the upgrade... what's your melee defense?

Brawl against Mireska: 3eP+1eA+2eB+1eC+1eD+4eS 0 successes
p-s-s.pngp-s-s.pngp--.pnga-s.pngb--.pngb--.pngc-f.pngd-f.pngs--.pngs-f.pngs-f.pngs-f.png

Wow... using natural brawler talent to reroll

Brawl against Mireska natural brawler reroll: 3eP+1eA+2eB+1eC+1eD+4eS 1 success, 2 advantage, 1 Despair
p-s-a.pngp-s.pngp--.pnga-s.pngb-a.pngb-a.pngc-d.pngd-f-th.pngs--.pngs--.pngs--.pngs--.png

Going to use 2 advantage to bite you (7 damage with pierce 2)... you need to make a 4 purple resilience check (using stats of raquor venom, a cybernetic mandible can justify that if need be), spend 2 strain for a second maneuverto use grapple talent, spend 2 strain to use martial grace to add 3 more damage, so 10 total, spend advantage from superior to recover 1 strain.  (Yeah he has martial artist spec).

And his maneuver will be to pull you back up to the ceiling with him.  What do you want to use the despair for?

Edited by EliasWindrider

9 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Brawl against Mireska: 3eP+1eA+2eB+1eC+1eD+4eS 0 successes
p-s-s.pngp-s-s.pngp--.pnga-s.pngb--.pngb--.pngc-f.pngd-f.pngs--.pngs-f.pngs-f.pngs-f.png

Wow... using natural brawler talent to reroll

Brawl against Mireska natural brawler reroll: 3eP+1eA+2eB+1eC+1eD+4eS 1 success, 2 advantage, 1 Despair
p-s-a.pngp-s.pngp--.pnga-s.pngb-a.pngb-a.pngc-d.pngd-f-th.pngs--.pngs--.pngs--.pngs--.png

Going to use 2 advantage to bite you (7 damage with pierce 2)... you need to make a 4 purple resilience check (using stats of raquor venom, a cybernetic mandible can justify that if need be), spend 2 strain for a second maneuverto use grapple talent, spend 2 strain to use martial grace to add 3 more damage, so 10 total, spend advantage from superior to recover 1 strain.  (Yeah he has martial artist spec).

And his maneuver will be to pull you back up to the ceiling with him.  What do you want to use the despair for?

Bite attack ...

7 damage + 3 Martial Grace = 10 damage w. Pierce 2

Since Brawl is a melee attack, Mireska uses Parry against some of the attack (-3 damage, +3 Strain), so that makes it 7 damage w. Pierce 2 ... so she takes 7 damage - 2 Soak (4 Soak - 2 Pierce) which results in +5 Wounds taken by Mireska, and +3 Strain suffered.

Resilience check vs. raquor venom ...

Resilience skill/Enhance power vs. Trench's raquor venom: 2eA+4eF+4eD 1 success, 4 threat, 2 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
a-s-a.pnga-s.pngf-ds.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ds.pngd-th.pngd-f-th.pngd-th-th.pngd-th.png

... I'll use the 2 LS pips to decrease the Threats, so the result is 1 Success, 2 Threats. If I've understood the poison correctly, that means that Mireska suffers another +2 Strain, so she currently has taken 5/17 Wounds and suffered 9/17 Strain.

Would it be possible to use Trench's Brawl Despair to make him somehow tangle/mess up his method of retreating to the ceiling, so that he is forced to remain on the floor instead?

Edited by Bellona

4 hours ago, Bellona said:

Bite attack ...

7 damage + 3 Martial Grace = 10 damage w. Pierce 2

Since Brawl is a melee attack, Mireska uses Parry against some of the attack (-3 damage, +3 Strain), so that makes it 7 damage w. Pierce 2 ... so she takes 7 damage - 2 Soak (4 Soak - 2 Pierce) which results in +5 Wounds taken by Mireska, and +3 Strain suffered.

Resilience check vs. raquor venom ...

Resilience skill/Enhance power vs. Trench's raquor venom: 2eA+4eF+4eD 1 success, 4 threat, 2 Light Side, 4 Dark Side
a-s-a.pnga-s.pngf-ds.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ds.pngd-th.pngd-f-th.pngd-th-th.pngd-th.png

... I'll use the 2 LS pips to decrease the Threats, so the result is 1 Success, 2 Threats. If I've understood the poison correctly, that means that Mireska suffers another +2 Strain, so she currently has taken 5/17 Wounds and suffered 9/17 Strain.

Would it be possible to use Trench's Brawl Despair to make him somehow tangle/mess up his method of retreating to the ceiling, so that he is forced to remain on the floor instead?

I'm going to say no to that use of despair, you can use it to upgrade the attack of any pc controlled character if you want, or you can upgrade an opposed brawl check to try to get loose the next time you get an action.

Btw do you want to narrate the attack from Mireska's perspective (including the bite poison)

Also you j.g ave been getting crazy lucky on dice rolls (even when I was rolling for trench against you)

Edited by EliasWindrider

30 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I'm going to say no to that use of despair, you can use it to upgrade the attack of any pc controlled character if you want, or you can upgrade an opposed brawl check to try to get loose the next time you get an action.

Btw do you want to narrate the attack from Mireska's perspective (including the bite poison)

Okay, then I'll use Trench's Brawl Despair to upgrade the difficulty of his next check, whatever it is.

And I'll do a short IC post (possibly just by adding on to the most recent one). IC post is finished.

Edited by Bellona
IC post status update.

16 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Also you j.g ave been getting crazy lucky on dice rolls (even when I was rolling for trench against you)

Considering all the inelegantly failed Force Leaps in Petranaki Arena and the utter fizzles of Protect attempts that Orakos has inflicted upon Mireska, I can only consider the recent run of luck to be some sort of statistical balancing of the possibility spectrum. :) 

14 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Out of curiosity, what was the bolded part about? Did Trench have some Superior equipment of some sort, or a talent, or something else?

Edited by Bellona

2 hours ago, Bellona said:

Out of curiosity, what was the bolded part about? Did Trench have some Superior equipment of some sort, or a talent, or something else?

Mandible was a brawl weapon, normally +1 damage but since cybernetic I made it superior.