EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

2 hours ago, Bellona said:

@MrTInce

Incoming Heal power for Ker'see ...

Heal power on Ker'see: 4eF 3 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ls.pngf-ls-ls.png

... Use 1 LS pip for basic Heal power, and 2 LS pips for strength upgrade x2.

Result: 10 Wounds healed (4 Intellect + 4 Medicine + 2 Strength) and 10 Strain removed. (Same refrain as always: this counts towards your 5/day stimpack limit.)

Thank you!

@ShockHelix (and @EliasWindrider due to the Will of the Force talent):

Re Titan

I'm given to understand that Titan has taken 17 Wounds, is not suffering a Critical Injury, and is unconscious.

Based on the first Heal power check in the spoiler below (minus the Medicine part of it, so therefore no Will of the Force activation), he is first healed of 12 Wounds. (Same refrain as always: this counts towards his 5/day stimpack limit.) That leaves him with 5 Wounds.

This is followed up by a post-combat first aid application of the Medicine skill (with physician's kit), using the Medicine skill check below. Since Titan's current Wounds now equal half or less of his WT, the second Difficulty die is ignored (the one with the failure) and so the result is 3 Successes, 4 Advantages (3+1 from kit), 1 Triumph. That result plus Mireska's Surgeon 4 is more than enough to remove the rest of Titan's Wounds. One Advantage is used by Mireska to reduce her own Strain to 0. The Triumph is used to "bring him round" to full consciousness. (The "ancient Mirialan remedy" mentioned in the IC post.)

(Spoiler contains original post, parts of which have been cannibalised to reflect the edited version of events above.)

We weren't given the number of successes for that stun grenade, but the absolulte minimum Stun damage would have been 17 (8 base + 1 success + 8 Blast) - 5 Soak = 12 damage. Normally Stun effects do Strain "damage", but since Titan is a minion, technically it becomes Wounds instead. His Wound threshold is 10, so he's at "-2" right now (and unconscious).

Exceeding the WT gives Titan a Critical Injury:

ARC Titan's Critical Injury result?: 1d100 84

That result is an Average Severity CI: Winded (the effects of which are basically meaningless because he's unconscious anyway).

So ...

Using Heal power on Titan for healing and CI removal (difficulty set by the Heal power, not the CI) ...

Heal power on ARC Titan plus CI-removal upgrade: 4eF+4eP+3eD 5 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
f-ls-ls.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ls.pngp--.pngp-a.pngp-a-a.pngp--.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngd-th.png

(Not a single success on 4 Proficiency dice?!?)

... Use 1 LS pip for basic Heal power, and 4 LS pips for strength upgrade x4. Medicine check fails.

Result: 12 Wounds healed (4 Intellect + 4 Medicine + ´4 Strength) and 12 Strain removed. (Same refrain as always: this counts towards his 5/day stimpack limit.)

(Technicallly the Strain removal is irrelevant in Titan's case due to his minion status.)

What do I espy there? A failed skill check? That's the "Will of the Force"! One DS destiny point is converted to the LS. ***

(Probably to the sound of Mireska swearing in her native tongue.)

I'm not sure if the Threats will force Mireska to take a little longer than normal or not.

Anyway: once again the Heal power delivers the Wound-healing but not the CI removal. To date I have not yet managed to pull that off in game. :( 

But fear not! Mireska is also a real doctor! On the next round she pulls out her physician's kit and performs a post-combat Medicine check for the purpose of CI removal, this time with the difficulty set by the CI itself ...

Medicine for CI removal on ARC Titan w. phys.kit (add +1 Adv. if success): 4eP+1eB+2eD 2 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-s-s.pngp-a.pngp-a.pngp-tr.pngb-a.pngd--.pngd-f.png

... 2 Successes, 4 Advantages (3+1 from kit), 1 Triumph. Success! Exit one CI, stage right. Titan is no longer suffering from the Winded CI.

Since the skill check was for CI removal, the extra success means nothing (I think). The Triumph, on the other hand, can be used to heal additional Wounds in this case. (Good for if the stun grenade did more than minimum damage.)

Mireska will use one of the Advantages to remove her own single point of Strain. (The relief of seeing the treatment work.) Technically there are 3 Advantages left over, but I'm not sure how to/who can use them. Maybe if the above-mentioned Threats were turned into Strain, then the Advantages would remove them?

IC post on the way. ("Warning: this medical procedure will most likely not work in real life.")

*** EliasW: please let me know if this talent gets to be too much!

ETA: IC post done.

Edited by Bellona
IC post status update. Tidying stuff up. Revising events as per GM.

@Bellona I have know problems with the previous post, btw, the same character can't be hir by both a grenades direct attack and it's blast.  I also was using the squad minion rule (hit takes out the minion and only 1 minion, so damage was pretty irrelevant), but stun grenades don't kill (can't do more damage than wounds available), so I was putting him at zero wounds and unconscious.

Edited by EliasWindrider

On 1/21/2020 at 1:37 PM, EliasWindrider said:

@Bellona I have know problems with the previous post, btw, the same character can't be hir by both a grenades direct attack and it's blast.  I also was using the squad minion rule (hit takes out the minion and only 1 minion, so damage was pretty irrelevant), but stun grenades don't kill (can't do more damage than wounds available), so I was putting him at zero wounds and unconscious.

Just to clarify, did you mean unwounded (in the case of counting Wounds up to the WT), or very wounded but not in the negatives and therefore not suffering a CI (in the case of counting Wounds down to 0 from the full health starting point of the WT value)?

Based on the reply, I'll then re-write my previous OOC post.

Edited by Bellona

12 hours ago, Bellona said:

Just to clarify, did you mean unwounded (in the case of counting Wounds up to the WT), or very wounded but not in the negatives and therefore not suffering a CI (in the case of counting Wounds down to 0 from the full health starting point of the WT value)?

Based on the reply, I'll then re-write my previous OOC post.

The bolded ... no critical injuries from stun weapons 

So ... is the bridge team ready to continue down the corridor to the actual bridge doors?

(I know that Mireska and her CTs are.)

Edited by Bellona
Added parenthetical comment.

13 hours ago, MrTInce said:

How far are we from the bridge?

Short to Medium range to the door as of the end of the last encounter, I think some of you may have moved for healing since then, so probably all short range now.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Okay Ker'see will Farsight through the door to see what's on the otherside:

Farsight check: 3eF 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ds-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ls-ls.png

That's enough to trigger the control upgrade to see through the door and will spend another light pip to see upto long range so she can see further into the room.

12 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Okay Ker'see will Farsight through the door to see what's on the otherside:

Farsight check: 3eF 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
f-ds-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ls-ls.png

That's enough to trigger the control upgrade to see through the door and will spend another light pip to see upto long range so she can see further into the room.

There are 3 squads of b1's in the room, 1 seems to be manning the ship, 2 have taken cover with guns pointed at the door, then there's a giant spider like alien looking at a monitor.  The spider alien has some cybernetics.

@MrTInce and @ShockHelix

Any suggestions other than to take cover at the sides of the door (or wherever else the corridor architecture allows), get Elsee to slice it open, then shoot the droids and try to take the (presumed) admiral prisoner?

Optional: if Else can't slice it open, then the two Jedi can do so more literally. Or we try some explosives.

Edited by Bellona
Forgot to put in "admiral".

@EliasWindrider

Mireska will use the SE-90 Structural Engineering Scanner to see through walls and bulkheads up to Short range, with a view to where best to plant explosives if necessary (either for knocking on the door or for more general sabotage on the bridge itself).

Of particular interest would be an estimate of the ship/vehicle armour value of the bridge doors (if any) - i.e., do we need something with Breach 1, Breach 2, or higher?

Equally of interest: can reinforced blast doors drop over the normal bridge doors (or has that already happened on our way up)?

And while she's at it, check the corridor leading to the bridge first: any suspicious-looking elements (hidden or not) which could be traps? (Please let me know if that requires a separate skill check with the scanner.)

Structural Scanner: Computers check: 4eA+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage
a-a.pnga-s.pnga-s.pnga-a.pngd-th.pngd-f.png

Results?

48 minutes ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

Mireska will use the SE-90 Structural Engineering Scanner to see through walls and bulkheads up to Short range, with a view to where best to plant explosives if necessary (either for knocking on the door or for more general sabotage on the bridge itself).

Of particular interest would be an estimate of the ship/vehicle armour value of the bridge doors (if any) - i.e., do we need something with Breach 1, Breach 2, or higher?

Equally of interest: can reinforced blast doors drop over the normal bridge doors (or has that already happened on our way up)?

And while she's at it, check the corridor leading to the bridge first: any suspicious-looking elements (hidden or not) which could be traps? (Please let me know if that requires a separate skill check with the scanner.)

Structural Scanner: Computers check: 4eA+2eD 1 success, 1 advantage
a-a.pnga-s.pnga-s.pnga-a.pngd-th.pngd-f.png

Results?

I think the bomb to blow the door should be handled narratively, and that when you blow the door you'll probably want to take cover in the stairwell before it goes boom

8 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I think the bomb to blow the door should be handled narratively, and that when you blow the door you'll probably want to take cover in the stairwell before it goes boom

Narratively sounds fine. :) 

A Shaped Charges (from FO) would be the quickest explosive method, and its blast radius is Engaged. A previous post puts the stairwell at Medium range from the doors ... that might be a bit further than necessary, but okay.

I'll scratch one Shaped Charge off from the inventory of Mireska's CTs. (Two if it's deemed necessary.)

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Narratively sounds fine. :) 

A Shaped Charges (from FO) would be the quickest explosive method, and its blast radius is Engaged. A previous post puts the stairwell at Medium range from the doors ... that might be a bit further than necessary, but okay.

I'll scratch one Shaped Charge off from the inventory of Mireska's CTs. (Two if it's deemed necessary.)

It's a long hallway ending on the door shaped would blow in and down the hallway (straight line), stairwell is just beyond short range.  Btw you better make it 2 shaped charges.

Edited by EliasWindrider

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

It's a long hallway ending on the door shaped would blow in and down the hallway (straight line), stairwell is just beyond short range.  Btw you better make it 2 shaped charges.

Okay, I'll do a narrative IC post for two CTs setting and blowing the charges, then we can get started with the bridge encounter.

Should we roll Initiative now?

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Okay, I'll do a narrative IC post for two CTs setting and blowing the charges, then we can get started with the bridge encounter.

Should we roll Initiative now?

No.... I'm just going to let you go first, I promise there's a plan.  The 2 b1 groups have 2 setback of cover.  The scattered squad of b1's manning the bridge have 1 setback of cover.

Edited by EliasWindrider

On 2/1/2020 at 3:30 AM, EliasWindrider said:

No.... I'm just going to let you go first, I promise there's a plan.  The 2 b1 groups have 2 setback of cover.  The scattered squad of b1's manning the bridge have 1 setback of cover.

Shall we just begin taking our turns, starting at Medium range inside the stairwell?

53 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Shall we just begin taking our turns, starting at Medium range inside the stairwell?

Are we getting our little to slice or are we blowing the doors?

56 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Are we getting our little to slice or are we blowing the doors?

According to our GM, the doors are being/have been blown open narratively (which I took the liberty of writing), and then we go first. He has a plan, apparently.