EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

On 1/12/2020 at 12:50 PM, EliasWindrider said:

So the grenade took out 1 minion group, presumably a b2 group.

The autofire (presumably against b2's) is (18-6)*3 =36 damage compared to 42 would leave 6 points, unless you have 1 point of pierce which leaves 3 or 2 points of soak which takes down the entire group of b2's which leaves 4 groups of b2's unless I'm missing something...  am I missing something, how much pierce does the attack have (I don't think that was in your post)?

It was late and the math was kinda wonky.

I’ll break it down one hit at a time. Pierce lowers soak by one essentially.

1. 18 damage - 5 soak = 13 damage.

Minion 1 takes 8 damage to kill, leaving 5 to carry over to M2.

2. 13 damage. Kills M2 after 3 damage, leaving 10 damage to M3 which kills it with 2 damage carrying over to M4.

3. 13 damage. M4 takes 6 damage to kill, carrying 7 over to M5 which shouldn't drop it. 

So it looks like there should be two minions left. One at max wounds and one completely healthy (I think).

When I run it, for simplicity's sake,  I just have minions expire when they suffer damage equal to their WT but don't the rules require you to exceed the WT by 1? However you want to run it is fine by me btw. 

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

Alright, starting off, pre-encounter (during countdown) I’ll have Condor stack up with O-3 and Boomstick for a Squad and enter close formation for a boost to attacks. For the sake of mechanics, though I don’t know if it matters, going to have Bullseye and Sixer remain out of line of sight in the stairway with Titan, as a minion group. Just to make sure it’s clear Condor’s still using the Shield in 1 hand for the +2 defense, and the Ion Blaster in the other for a setback on attacks for using it one handed. 

Then, once we get moving, I’lL use a maneuver to move into short range through the stairway door. Action will be an auto-fire attack against what I’m guessing is still the 1 black 1 purple. (2eS+2eD again.) Extra boost since they haven’t moved yet.

Auto-Fire: 5eP+1eA+2eB+2eD+2eS 4 successes, 6 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-s-a.pngp-s.pngp-tr.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-s.pnga-a.pngb-a-a.pngb-a-a.pngd--.pngd-th.pngs-th.pngs-f.png

Alright, nice. Definitely going to use the 6 advantage to trigger auto-fires, and I’ll use the Triumph for a free attack from the squad. A shame it’s short 3 minions. 

9 + 4 (vs Droids) + 2 (Point Blank Ranks) + 3 (Extra Success) = 18 dmg per hit with Pierce 1.

Against the B1 groups, with the 4 soak (reduced to 3) that’s going to be 15 dmg/hit for exactly 3 droid kills. With 4 hits, I’ll put 30 damage on 2 of the B1 groups to wipe them out completely. Now for that attack from the squad on another group of B1’s.

Flame Thrower: 1eP+2eA+1eB+1eD+1eS 0 successes, 3 advantage
p-s-a.pnga-a.pnga-a-a.pngb--.pngd-th.pngs-f.png

Well that’s a shame, but it’s not a complete loss. I’ll trigger the Blast 6 with the three advantage for a total of 12 damage  ( (6-4) x  6) against the B1’s, bringing them down to 4 remaining. 

Edited by ShockHelix

9 hours ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

It was late and the math was kinda wonky.

I’ll break it down one hit at a time. Pierce lowers soak by one essentially.

1. 18 damage - 5 soak = 13 damage.

Minion 1 takes 8 damage to kill, leaving 5 to carry over to M2.

2. 13 damage. Kills M2 after 3 damage, leaving 10 damage to M3 which kills it with 2 damage carrying over to M4.

3. 13 damage. M4 takes 6 damage to kill, carrying 7 over to M5 which shouldn't drop it. 

So it looks like there should be two minions left. One at max wounds and one completely healthy (I think).

When I run it, for simplicity's sake,  I just have minions expire when they suffer damage equal to their WT but don't the rules require you to exceed the WT by 1? However you want to run it is fine by me btw. 

So is this a b2 group or b1 group, (and I'm going with the simplicity equal)

@EliasWindrider @MrTInce @ShockHelix

If I've tracked the action correctly then that leaves us with one intact minion group of six B1s and one damaged minion group of four B1s.

Mireska is in the 'lift lobby/corridor in front of the turbolift doors, her CTs have taken cover in the shaft (but can still fire from there), Ker'see is further down the lobby/corridor (where the B2s were before she and the grenade took out the two B2 groups), Condor and two ARCs (Boomstick and O-3) are in the lobby in front of the stairwell door, three more ARCs (Bullseye, Sixer, and the incapacitated Titan) are inside the stairwell (outside the line of fire from the lobby), and Elsee is inside the 'lift shaft (probably still connected to the door/lift controls, and also outside the line of fire).

And now it's the battledroids' turn.

9 hours ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider @MrTInce @ShockHelix

If I've tracked the action correctly then that leaves us with one intact minion group of six B1s and one damaged minion group of four B1s.

Mireska is in the 'lift lobby/corridor in front of the turbolift doors, her CTs have taken cover in the shaft (but can still fire from there), Ker'see is further down the lobby/corridor (where the B2s were before she and the grenade took out the two B2 groups), Condor and two ARCs (Boomstick and O-3) are in the lobby in front of the stairwell door, three more ARCs (Bullseye, Sixer, and the incapacitated Titan) are inside the stairwell (outside the line of fire from the lobby), and Elsee is inside the 'lift shaft (probably still connected to the door/lift controls, and also outside the line of fire).

And now it's the battledroids' turn.

This is helpful it caught me up on where things are, I'm feeling under the weather and have slept about 20 of the last 24 hours, so I've been out of the loop

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

This is helpful it caught me up on where things are, I'm feeling under the weather and have slept about 20 of the last 24 hours, so I've been out of the loop

I hope that you get better soon!

(It's like an anti-GM plague has struck the FaD boards; it's almost a week since I've seen a post from some GMs.)

@EliasWindrider :

Assuming that no other actors appear/make their presence known, that means that we're back at the top of the round - i.e., it's our turns now.

Mireska's CTs throw an EMP grenade (action) at the full (six-member) B1 droid minion group (Short range), using Aim (manoeuvre)  ...

M's 4 CTs Aim, throw EMP grenade at B1s (Short rg.): 3eP+1eB+1eD 2 successes, 1 threat
p-s.pngp--.pngp-s-a.pngb--.pngd-th-th.png

... and succeed, doing 10 Ion damage (8 base + 2 Successes) to one droid, destroying it and bringing that group down to 5 B1s, one of whom has taken 1 Wound and is Disoriented for 3 turns (Does that add a Setback to the rest of that group too?). No Blast, unfortunately.

(Two blank dice again? I sometimes feel like Orakos hates me or something like that.)

1 Threat: the CTs lose the advantage of their cover.

Mireska activates the Protect power again ...

Activate Protect power: 2eP+1eA+2eD+4eF 3 successes, 1 Triumph, 4 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
p-tr.pngp-s-a.pnga-s.pngd--.pngd-th.pngf-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ls-ls.png

... and succeeds, spending 2 LS pips (base power) to gain a reduction of 8 (3 Willpower +  3 Successes + 2 LS pips [upgrade]) to the damage from one energy-based attack of her choice which hits her before her next turn.

@MrTInce, @ShockHelix : I'm using the Triumph to grant one of you an upgrade to your next check.

Mireska is ready to use Reflect, Circle of Shelter, and Guardian of the Republic.

I'll work on the IC post now.

ETA: IC post is up now.

Edited by Bellona
IC status update, some corrections/additions.

1 hour ago, MrTInce said:

What's left?

One group of 4 B1s, one group of 5 B1s. The group of five is already 1 Wound down, and might be Disoriented too (they were hit by the EMP grenade but the Blast didn't trigger).

Okay Ker'see will spend a maneuver to move to the group of 5 b1s and second maneuver to activate saber swarm (3 strain) and then attack.

Saber swarm!: 4eP+2eA+2eD 6 successes
p-s-s.pngp-s.pngp--.pngp-s-a.pnga-s.pnga-s-s.pngd-th.pngd-f.png

So 15 damage with Breach 1 makes for three down.

Hmm, that brings it down to 4 and 2, so I'll try to guarantee the kill here. 

Incidental: Release Squad so they get their own turn.

Maneuver: Aim

Maneuver (2 Strain): Aim

Action: Auto-Fire Attack on Group of 4.

Auto-Fire Attack: 5eP+1eA+2eB+2eD+2eS 3 successes, 1 advantage
p--.pngp-s-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-s.pngp--.pnga-s-s.pngb-a.pngb--.pngd-f-th.pngd-th.pngs-f.pngs-th.png

9 + 4 (vs Droids) + 2 (Point Blank) + 2 (Extra Success) + Pierce 1 = 17 w/ Pierce 1. 

That's really unfortunate. Leaves 2 B1's, one with 1 health. I'll use the advantage to pass a boost on to next allied check (O-3 and Boomstick.)

Balyeg (2):

Maneuver: Aim

Action: Auto-Fire with DC-15A

Auto-Fire Attack: 2eA+1eP+2eB+2eD+1eS 1 success, 1 threat
a-a.pnga-s.pngp-s.pngb--.pngb--.pngd-f.pngd-th-th.pngs--.png

These darned blanks. Well the success at least means they're getting 9 + Pierce 1, which is enough to kill the group Condor damaged, but the other group still has two B1's standing. With the threat, I suppose the 'ricocheting blaster bolt' from the Boarding Actions table will give the 2 B1's a boost against Balyeg if they choose to shoot at them, assuming that’s fine by you Elias.

Edited by ShockHelix

On 1/18/2020 at 8:21 AM, EliasWindrider said:

@MrTInce I suggest you go next

@AnomalousAuthor you're up as well

@AnomalousAuthor I'm assuming that you know that a crit can kill an extra minion, 4 battle droids is a 2 yellow 1 green pool.  3 battle droids is a 2 yellow pool.  Removing a green is probably more advantageous than adding a black.  It is of course up to you how to spend the triumph but I thought I'd throw it out there.  Sorry about forgetting scraps adversary 1.

@MrTInce

Incoming Heal power for Ker'see ...

Heal power on Ker'see: 4eF 3 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ls.pngf-ls-ls.png

... Use 1 LS pip for basic Heal power, and 2 LS pips for strength upgrade x2.

Result: 10 Wounds healed (4 Intellect + 4 Medicine + 2 Strength) and 10 Strain removed. (Same refrain as always: this counts towards your 5/day stimpack limit.)

Edited by Bellona

@ShockHelix

I've lost track of how Condor and the ARCs - particularly Titan - are doing health-wise. How is their Wound, Strain, Critical Injury, and condition status?

If need be, Mireska has two chances to remove a critical injury (the Heal power and a more mundane post-combat Medicine check), and she can also remove any Staggered, Immobilised, or Disoriented status/conditions.

Edited by Bellona