EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

On 12/24/2019 at 2:05 PM, ShockHelix said:

Darn

Perception Detection: 2eA+2eB+3eD 0 successes, 1 advantage
a--.pnga-s.pngb-a-a.pngb-a.pngd-f.pngd-th.pngd-th.png

On 12/25/2019 at 11:13 PM, EliasWindrider said:

I need to decide what to do with this, I'm also going to be going to visit my dad and sister shortly so I won't be in communication for a while, not sure how much time I'll have to post while visiting family.

So what I'm going to do is have a stun grenade drop from above.  If you're in a squad one of your guys can throw themselves on top of it, that incapacitates the minion, or you can make a 2 red, 2 black coordination check to knock the grenade further down the stairwell before it detonates, a despair or 2 threat means it detonates before you can knock it down the stairwell and everyone in the stairwell takes the stun damage.  It'll be 10 damage before soak.  The way minion group aquire damage that would incapacitate several minions.

15 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

So what I'm going to do is have a stun grenade drop from above.  If you're in a squad one of your guys can throw themselves on top of it, that incapacitates the minion, or you can make a 2 red, 2 black coordination check to knock the grenade further down the stairwell before it detonates, a despair or 2 threat means it detonates before you can knock it down the stairwell and everyone in the stairwell takes the stun damage.  It'll be 10 damage before soak.  The way minion group aquire damage that would incapacitate several minions.

Alright then, Titan is incapacitated. Even with 6 agility I don’t want to take the risk of that without any chance of blast not triggering.  If I were to be entering structured time, I’d dismiss the squad as an incidental. I’d use a maneuver to pick up the shield (dual wielding shield and blaster, both defenses up to 3 for Condor) since Titan was engaged to Condor, and then drop the action for a 2nd maneuver to start moving up the stairs. For Balyeg squad, I’d have the action be attacking the stairs at its highest point (not that I expect it’d do anything, more for flavor) and the maneuver be taking cover. Not sure it counts as structured time though since you didn’t ask for initiative, but the next goal is to get Condor up those stairs.

19 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

I don't think that you have attacked yet.

Correct. Sorry about that. Everything is pretty much back to normal now so I’ll go ahead and get that post done sometime this afternoon/evening.

8 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

Alright then, Titan is incapacitated. Even with 6 agility I don’t want to take the risk of that without any chance of blast not triggering.  If I were to be entering structured time, I’d dismiss the squad as an incidental. I’d use a maneuver to pick up the shield (dual wielding shield and blaster, both defenses up to 3 for Condor) since Titan was engaged to Condor, and then drop the action for a 2nd maneuver to start moving up the stairs. For Balyeg squad, I’d have the action be attacking the stairs at its highest point (not that I expect it’d do anything, more for flavor) and the maneuver be taking cover. Not sure it counts as structured time though since you didn’t ask for initiative, but the next goal is to get Condor up those stairs.

1 squad of b1's in the stairwell above you, you can go first no reason to roll initiative 

Posted (edited)

@EliasWindrider

Once Mireska has stable footing somewhere, she'll disengage the grapple and reel it back in (probably the same round that her CTs arrive at the upper level).

Can Elsee jet up and open the upper doors to the turbolift shaft?

Assuming that that's the case, when Elsee has done so then Mireska will activate her Protect power (action) then Force Leap through the open doors (manoeuvre) with her lightsabre ready to Reflect any incoming fire and her shield ready.

Mireska's CTs will also need to disengage the grapples and reel them in (manoeuvre? action?).

Edited by Bellona
Clarity.

8 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

1 squad of b1's in the stairwell above you, you can go first no reason to roll initiative 

How many maneuvers will it take Condor to reach them, and can Balyeg shoot them from their current location?

On 12/20/2019 at 1:22 PM, EliasWindrider said:

Hole between them but it's not big enough for someone to drop through, might be able to drop a grenade down the center without it going onto the stairs.  Opposite ends of the stairs are flat (next to door and back wall, left and right are stairs, it goes up clockwise, it goes down counterclockwise. Speaking of grenades you can target 3 floors down with a grenade drop (1 black for 2 down, 2 black for 3 down) you can shoot down or up 1 floor, up has 1 black of cover.  You can throw a grenade 1 floor up with no black.  Beyond that you can't target someone above or below you in the stair well.

@ShockHelix they are 2 floors up, assuming ranged light 1 maneuver will get you into a position where you can shoot them with 1 black and 1 purple, a 2nd maneuver will clear the black but bring you into engaged so you'd be facing 2 purple.

11 hours ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

Once Mireska has stable footing somewhere, she'll disengage the grapple and reel it back in (probably the same round that her CTs arrive at the upper level).

Can Elsee jet up and open the upper doors to the turbolift shaft?

Assuming that that's the case, when Elsee has done so then Mireska will activate her Protect power (action) then Force Leap through the open doors (manoeuvre) with her lightsabre ready to Reflect any incoming fire and her shield ready.

Mireska's CTs will also need to disengage the grapples and reel them in (manoeuvre? action?).

Yes

20 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

@ShockHelix they are 2 floors up, assuming ranged light 1 maneuver will get you into a position where you can shoot them with 1 black and 1 purple, a 2nd maneuver will clear the black but bring you into engaged so you'd be facing 2 purple.

Alright, let’s do this then.

1 maneuver to the 1 black 1 purple. I’ve got another black for wielding the rifle 1 handed, and I’ll add another purple for auto-fire. 2eS+2eD

Auto-Fire: 5eP+1eA+2eD+2eS 5 successes, 2 advantage
p-s.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.pnga-s-s.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngs-f.pngs-th.png

2 advantage for a second hit with auto-fire. That puts me at two hits of 9 + 4 (vs droids) + 4 (success) + 2 (2 ranks of point blank) for 19 damage per hit with Pierce 1. If they have soak 4, I believe that’s 32 damage in total against whatever’s there. Does that kill them all? 

10 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

Alright, let’s do this then.

1 maneuver to the 1 black 1 purple. I’ve got another black for wielding the rifle 1 handed, and I’ll add another purple for auto-fire. 2eS+2eD

Auto-Fire: 5eP+1eA+2eD+2eS 5 successes, 2 advantage
p-s.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.pnga-s-s.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngs-f.pngs-th.png

2 advantage for a second hit with auto-fire. That puts me at two hits of 9 + 4 (vs droids) + 4 (success) + 2 (2 ranks of point blank) for 19 damage per hit with Pierce 1. If they have soak 4, I believe that’s 32 damage in total against whatever’s there. Does that kill them all? 

Yes.

Posted (edited)
On 12/13/2019 at 7:59 AM, EliasWindrider said:

When you get to engineering they will be dug in and waiting for you.  They'll have 1 black die of cover and you'll be facing 2 squads of b2's and 4 squads of b2's, each squad a has 6 minions.  Feel free to narrate... you'll start at medium range and be approaching a t intersection from the middle (door to engineering caps the T, you can take cover along the sides of the hallway because there are occasional structural protrusions into the hallway.

The 4 squads are b1's (just realized I typo'd that), the 2 squad s are b2's.

@AnomalousAuthor

Edited by EliasWindrider

On 1/9/2020 at 2:47 AM, EliasWindrider said:

@AnomalousAuthor all the droids in 1 minion group are engaged, droids in different minion groups aren't.  Since it's an emp/ion grenade, narratively it should take out 1 minion group of droids even though the stats don't seem to match up, so pick the droid group that you want to remove 

I’ll edit the post to reflect that tonight.

edit: One b2 group destroyed, one down to one minion with 5 wounds sustained.

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

@Bellona @MrTInce. There are 2 minion groups of b2's and 4 of b1's the b1's are kneeling with guns pointed at the lift chute doors and stair doors, the b2's are behind them getting a black die of cover from the b1's.  You'll be in short range when the doors open.   @ShockHelix if you open the door and shoot from around the corner you can have a black die of cover.   For those in the chute you'd have to be above or below the deck to get cover, so if you want cover it'll take you 2 maneuvers to get on deck.  If you want to forgo cover, it'll take you only 1 maneuver to get on deck.

16 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@Bellona @MrTInce. There are 2 minion groups of b2's and 4 of b1's the b1's are kneeling with guns pointed at the lift chute doors and stair doors, the b2's are behind them getting a black die of cover from the b1's.  You'll be in short range when the doors open.   @ShockHelix if you open the door and shoot from around the corner you can have a black die of cover.   For those in the chute you'd have to be above or below the deck to get cover, so if you want cover it'll take you 2 maneuvers to get on deck.  If you want to forgo cover, it'll take you only 1 maneuver to get on deck.

Should we roll for initiative?

@EliasWindrider

I'll have Mireska's CTs use 2 manoeuvres to get through the doors and into cover in the corridor, then have "most of them lay down suppressing fire while one of them throws an EMP grenade" (the minion group's real attack will be the single grenade, the rest is just narrative gravy). Grenade at Short range against a target with cover = 1 Purple + 1 Black?

After that, Mireska will Force Leap through the open shaft doors into the corridor (manoeuvre), activate Protect (action), and be ready with both shield and lightsabre to intercept incoming fire.

Edited by Bellona

15 minutes ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

I'll have Mireska's CTs use 2 manoeuvres to get through the doors and into cover in the corridor, then have "most of them lay down suppressing fire while one of them throws an EMP grenade" (the minion group's real attack will be the single grenade, the rest is just narrative gravy). Grenade at Short range against a target with cover = 1 Purple + 1 Black?

After that, Mireska will Force Leap through the open shaft doors into the corridor (manoeuvre), activate Protect (action), and be ready with both shield and lightsabre to intercept incoming fire.

The only cover available to be had is from being inside the turbolift shaft above or below the deck.  If you want to be on the deck you don't get cover.  1 purple and 1 black would be correct for the question

6 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

The only cover available to be had is from being inside the turbolift shaft above or below the deck.  If you want to be on the deck you don't get cover.  1 purple and 1 black would be correct for the question

Okay, then the CTs will remain inside the shaft in order to gain cover from the battle droids, and they'll shoot/throw the grenade through the open doors.

I'll work on getting the IC post up for the CTs and Mireska.

ETA:

IC post is up now.

@MrTInce, @ShockHelix : you're both up now (including the ARCs), before the droids strike back. :) 

@EliasWindrider In the spoiler there is a question about grenade Blast damage vs. minion groups. Does Soak apply to Blast damage? If not, then one entire B2 group is down.

Edited by Bellona
Update on IC post. Clarification.

52 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Okay, then the CTs will remain inside the shaft in order to gain cover from the battle droids, and they'll shoot/throw the grenade through the open doors.

I'll work on getting the IC post up for the CTs and Mireska.

That works.

@Bellona here's a house rule I'll be using from here on out an ion grenade for which blast is activated will take down 1 minion group of 6 or less droids, regardless of damage.  Success on the roll can take out one extra droid in the group if the original attack damage is sufficient to do so and there are 7+ droids in the minion group.  

With the doors open Ker'see will force leap behind the group of B2s as a maneuver. 

Force leap: 3eF 3 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
f-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ls-ls.png

1 to activate power and second to increase range  to cover the distance.

Quick draw her lightsaber and then suffer two strain to take the saber swarm maneuver to add linked three to my next lightsaber attack. Then use action to attack a group of B2s.

Saber swarm attack: 3eP+3eA+2eD 6 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-s.pnga-s-a.pnga-s.pnga-s-a.pngd-th.pngd--.png

So that is 15 damage breach 1 coming at the group. Will spend triumph and two advantages to use linked twice and spend last advantage to recover a strain.

So that's 45 damage coming to the group.

If there are no problems I will write up an IC Post.

7 hours ago, MrTInce said:

With the doors open Ker'see will force leap behind the group of B2s as a maneuver. 

Force leap: 3eF 3 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
f-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ls-ls.png

1 to activate power and second to increase range  to cover the distance.

Quick draw her lightsaber and then suffer two strain to take the saber swarm maneuver to add linked three to my next lightsaber attack. Then use action to attack a group of B2s.

Saber swarm attack: 3eP+3eA+2eD 6 successes, 3 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-s.pnga-s-a.pnga-s.pnga-s-a.pngd-th.pngd--.png

So that is 15 damage breach 1 coming at the group. Will spend triumph and two advantages to use linked twice and spend last advantage to recover a strain.

So that's 45 damage coming to the group.

If there are no problems I will write up an IC Post.

That'll kill the minion group btw.  And no problems with it.  Btw if you had Hawkbat swoop.   It would get you in range and potentially provide a few extra advantage to activate saber swarm more.

@AnomalousAuthor

So the grenade took out 1 minion group, presumably a b2 group.

The autofire (presumably against b2's) is (18-6)*3 =36 damage compared to 42 would leave 6 points, unless you have 1 point of pierce which leaves 3 or 2 points of soak which takes down the entire group of b2's which leaves 4 groups of b2's unless I'm missing something...  am I missing something, how much pierce does the attack have (I don't think that was in your post)?