EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

16 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

You're out of combat, anyone who wants to recover strain can

Likewise thanks for the reminder.

Discipline + Balance to recover Strain: 2eP+1eA+4eF 3 successes, 3 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
p--.pngp-s-s.pnga-s.pngf-ds.pngf-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ls-ls.png

Technically that was 6 Strain recovered, but all Mireska needed was the 1. :) 

Edited by Bellona
Spelling

On 12/13/2019 at 6:59 AM, EliasWindrider said:

When you get to engineering they will be dug in and waiting for you.  They'll have 1 black die of cover and you'll be facing 2 squads of b2's and 4 squads of b2's, each squad a has 6 minions.  Feel free to narrate... you'll start at medium range and be approaching a t intersection from the middle (door to engineering caps the T, you can take cover along the sides of the hallway because there are occasional structural protrusions into the hallway.

Ok, sounds good. I'm going to have Alpha Squad and Beta Squad use a stim pack enroute just to heal up their wounds and squad Wraith up with Alpha for the encounter.

1 hour ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Ok, sounds good. I'm going to have Alpha Squad and Beta Squad use a stim pack enroute just to heal up their wounds and squad Wraith up with Alpha for the encounter.

When squaded they don't get a separate attack, and any hit you direct to them kills 1 minion (damage is not tracked)

3 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

Since I’ve volunteered to take the stairs, what style of stairs are they? Is it the ones that are back and forth with a wall between them, or the kind with a hole up the middle?

Hole between them but it's not big enough for someone to drop through, might be able to drop a grenade down the center without it going onto the stairs.  Opposite ends of the stairs are flat (next to door and back wall, left and right are stairs, it goes up clockwise, it goes down counterclockwise. Speaking of grenades you can target 3 floors down with a grenade drop (1 black for 2 down, 2 black for 3 down) you can shoot down or up 1 floor, up has 1 black of cover.  You can throw a grenade 1 floor up with no black.  Beyond that you can't target someone above or below you in the stair well.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@EliasWindrider

Assuming that there are no other dangers in the shaft, I figure that the turbolift doors to the bridge corridor are well within Medium range (4 levels roughly equals 12 metres/36 feet).

Are there any protrusions, technician's platforms, emergency ladders, etc. that can be used as targets for the ascension guns and as Force Leap landing platforms?

For the targeting roll the CTs will use Ranged (Light) as a minion group skill, and Mireska will use the alternate skill for AGs, Coordination (with Enhance power upgrade). Mireska's AG will also add +2 Boosts to her targeting roll (one from the blaster pistol's Accurate 1 quality, one from an upgrade to the attachment)

The difficulty is Easy, but it's GM discretion whether or not to add Setbacks due to need for precise placement and/or attaching the grapnels to certain surfaces.

It will take the CTs two rounds to reach the the top (one range band per round). Mireska's upgraded version will reach it in just one round.

From the IC post, it looks like Ker'see intends to use Force Leap.

Edited by Bellona
Bolded what I apparently missed putting in the first time.

5 hours ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

Assuming that there are other dangers in the shaft, I figure that the turbolift doors to the bridge corridor are well within Medium range (4 levels roughly equals 12 metres/36 feet).

Are there any protrusions, technician's platforms, emergency ladders, etc. that can be used as targets for the ascension guns and as Force Leap landing platforms?

For the targeting roll the CTs will use Ranged (Light) as a minion group skill, and Mireska will use the alternate skill for AGs, Coordination (with Enhance power upgrade). Mireska's AG will also add +2 Boosts to her targeting roll (one from the blaster pistol's Accurate 1 quality, one from an upgrade to the attachment)

The difficulty is Easy, but it's GM discretion whether or not to add Setbacks due to need for precise placement and/or attaching the grapnels to certain surfaces.

It will take the CTs two rounds to reach the the top (one range band per round). Mireska's upgraded version will reach it in just one round.

From the IC post, it looks like Ker'see intends to use Force Leap.

Yes to medium

Yes to protrusions 

Add 2 setback, and I'll flip a dp to upgrade the "base" difficulty from 1 purple to 1 red (despair means you fall)

@MrTInce will need to roll a 1 red coordination check to grab onto a protrusions at the end of the force leap.  Despair means Ker'see falls.

6 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Yes to medium

Yes to protrusions 

Add 2 setback, and I'll flip a dp to upgrade the "base" difficulty from 1 purple to 1 red (despair means you fall)

@MrTInce will need to roll a 1 red coordination check to grab onto a protrusions at the end of the force leap.  Despair means Ker'see falls.

I finished the IC post for both Mireska and her CTs.

@MrTInce There were 7 Advantages left over, so you get +7 Boosts for the Coordination check. :)

23 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Does this mean that the destiny pool is now currently at 6 LS, 2 DS?

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Does this mean that the destiny pool is now currently at 6 LS, 2 DS?

I flipped 1 dp, to upgrade the difficulty of the 1 check that all player controlled characters in the turbolift need to make.

So yes! (I just hadn't gotten around to updating the first post)

Edited by EliasWindrider

So force leaping across, will spend one light side and one dark side (1 strain and conflict) and use it as a maneuver.

Force leap: 3eF 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ds.pngf-ls.pngf-ds.png

Followed by coordination to land safely.

Catch!: 2eP+4eA+7eB+1eC 1 success, 12 advantage
p-s-a.pngp-a-a.pnga-a-a.pnga-a.pnga--.pnga--.pngb-a-a.pngb--.pngb--.pngb-s-a.pngb-a-a.pngb--.pngb-a-a.pngc-f-th.png

With the advantages can I create find a service ladder?

On 12/22/2019 at 1:20 PM, MrTInce said:

So force leaping across, will spend one light side and one dark side (1 strain and conflict) and use it as a maneuver.

Force leap: 3eF 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ds.pngf-ls.pngf-ds.png

Followed by coordination to land safely.

Catch!: 2eP+4eA+7eB+1eC 1 success, 12 advantage
p-s-a.pngp-a-a.pnga-a-a.pnga-a.pnga--.pnga--.pngb-a-a.pngb--.pngb--.pngb-s-a.pngb-a-a.pngb--.pngb-a-a.pngc-f-th.png

With the advantages can I create find a service ladder?

Sure

9 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

@EliasWindrider

On my end, before heading up the stairs I’ll enter the Skirmish formation with Balyeg. 

Do I need to make any checks to climb them, or a perception check to notice enemies on the stairs?

No, to the athletics check.

Let's try a 3 purple perception or vigilance check, your choice which

Edited by EliasWindrider

On 12/24/2019 at 2:05 PM, ShockHelix said:

Darn

Perception Detection: 2eA+2eB+3eD 0 successes, 1 advantage
a--.pnga-s.pngb-a-a.pngb-a.pngd-f.pngd-th.pngd-th.png

I need to decide what to do with this, I'm also going to be going to visit my dad and sister shortly so I won't be in communication for a while, not sure how much time I'll have to post while visiting family.

Edited by EliasWindrider

On 12/19/2019 at 10:21 PM, AnomalousAuthor said:

Are we doing initiative for this encounter or should I just take the first couple of turns?

On 12/20/2019 at 1:19 AM, EliasWindrider said:

Just take the first 2 turns one green die doesn't even make a worthy opponent for initiative order

I don't think that you have attacked yet.