EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

2 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

If the explosions are allowed, i believe it’ll be 2 B1’s, 1 B1, and 4 B1’s.

If it’s not allowed I believe it’ll be 1 B1, 1 B1, 1 B1, 4 B1’s, and 3 B1’s

If you wanted to use exploding computer terminals on the bridge or in engineering that's one thing, tin a hallway is another matter. Heck, if you were targeting a droid standing next to the turbolifts where there is a control panel, I'd say sure.  But narratively none of the droids are standing next to control panels so in this specific instance (because of the terrain involved) I'm going to say no to the exploding computer terminals.

On 12/5/2019 at 3:26 PM, EliasWindrider said:

@AnomalousAuthor I need 3 purple athletics checks from wraith and his men, anyone carrying a downed clone adds a  setback (multiple setbacks for a minion group are possible from this)

@MrTInce I need an initiative check from you

Is it just me or is orokos.com refusing to roll dice for you

Wraith

Hard Athletics (2 boosts from Physical Training II): 1eA+2eP+3eD+2eB 3 failures, 2 advantage
a--.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-a.pngd-f.pngd-f-th.pngd-f-f.pngb--.pngb--.png

Wraith Fails in style and grants 2 boosts to the next allied check.

Alpha

Re-do, rolled the wrong dice for Hard Athletics (2 boosts from Wraith): 1eA+3eP+3eD+1eS+2eB 1 success, 4 advantage
a-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s.pngp-s-a.pngd-th.pngd-f-f.pngd--.pngs--.pngb-a-a.pngb--.png

Alpha Squad passes and gives four boosts to next allied check.

Scrap

Hard Athletics (4 boosts from Alpha and a setback for carrying a member of Beta Squad): 1eA+2eP+3eD+4eB+1eS 2 successes, 7 advantage
a-a-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-s.pngd-th.pngd-f-f.pngd--.pngb-a-a.pngb-s-a.pngb--.pngb-a-a.pngs--.png

Scrap succeeds and passes 7 boosts onto Beta Squad.

Beta

Hard Athletics: 3eP+3eD+7eB 4 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-s.pngp-a.pngp-a-a.pngd-th-th.pngd-f-f.pngd-th-th.pngb-s-a.pngb--.pngb-s.pngb--.pngb-s.pngb-s.pngb-a-a.png

Success.

Just a heads up but I'm not going to be able to post again until Tuesday.

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

Okay, since no explosions, here’s how the advantage spending goes.

Damage: 10 (Base w/ Mods)+2 (Point Blank) + 3 (Extra Success) = 15 with Pierce 2

Enemy Soak: 4

Damage per Hit after soak: 13

First Target (6 B1 Group) -1 hit, 1st advantage for second hit: 26 damage after soak. 1 B1 with 4 HP remaining.

1st Triumph for Auto-Fire

Second Target (6 B1 Group)- 1 hit, 2nd advantage for second hit: 26 damage after soak, 1 B1 with 4 HP remaining.

2nd Triumph for Auto-Fire

Third Target (6 B1 Group) - 1 hit, 3rd advantage for second hit: 26 damage after soak, 1 B1 with 4 HP remaining.

4th and 5th Advantage For Auto-Fire

Fourth Target (6 B1 Group) 1 hit: 13 damage after soak, 4 B1’s with 17 HP remaining. 

Both DC-17’s are now out of ammo and cannot be used for the rest of the encounter. (Or until he spends a maneuver per weapon to use his extra reloads.)

5 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

Okay, since no explosions, here’s how the advantage spending goes.

Damage: 10 (Base w/ Mods)+2 (Point Blank) + 3 (Extra Success) = 15 with Pierce 2

Damage per Hit after soak: 13

First Target (6 B1 Group) -1 hit, 1st advantage for second hit: 26 damage after soak. 1 B1 with 4 HP remaining.

1st Triumph for Auto-Fire

Second Target (6 B1 Group)- 1 hit, 2nd advantage for second hit: 26 damage after soak, 1 B1 with 4 HP remaining.

2nd Triumph for Auto-Fire

Third Target (6 B1 Group) - 1 hit, 3rd advantage for second hit: 26 damage after soak, 1 B1 with 4 HP remaining.

4th and 5th Advantage For Auto-Fire

Fourth Target (6 B1 Group) 1 hit: 13 damage after soak, 4 B1’s with 17 HP remaining. 

Both DC-17’s are now out of ammo and cannot be used for the rest of the encounter. (O r until he spends a maneuver per weapon to use his extra reloads.)

This has GM approval.  I believe it's time for the droids to go

6 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

I believe it's time for the droids to go

Just a reminder (not that it made any difference this round): Mireska has Ranged Defence 4 and Melee Defence 4.

It's why she didn't try to take cover - the flat Ranged Defence 1 value from cover doesn't stack with what she already has.

Only the Dug In formation would have helped her (as it gives a +1 Setback to any attack targeting the squad or its leader, instead of a flat defence value), or anything else which "bypasses" the RD/MD values and just gives direct Setback dice to attacks targeting her. (Or upgrades the difficulty of attacks targeting her.)

Edited by Bellona

With the squad still in the close position for a boost:

Incidental - Drop DC-17 Hand Blasters

Incidental - Quick Draw DC-15A

Maneuver - Aim

Maneuver (2 Strain) - Aim 

Action: Auto-Fire

Auto-Fire Attack: 5eP+1eA+3eB+2eD+1eS 4 successes, 9 advantage
p-s-a.pngp-s.pngp-s-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-a-a.pnga-s-a.pngb-a.pngb--.pngb-a-a.pngd--.pngd--.pngs-th.png

And that's about what I was hoping for.

Damage Per Hit - 13 (Base with Mods) + 2 (Point Blank) + 3 (Extra Success) = 18, with Pierce 1

Damage per Hit after soak: 15

First Target (4 B1's) - 15 damage after soak, 1 B1 with 2 HP remaining.

1st and 2nd Advantage for Auto-Fire

Second Target (3 B1's) - 15 damage after soak, group wiped.

3rd and 4th Advantage for Auto-Fire

Third Target (1 B1) - 15 damage after soak, group wiped.

5th and 6th Advantage for Auto-Fire 

Fourth Target (1 B1) - 15 damage after soak, group wiped.

7th and 8th Advantage for Auto-Fire

Fifth Target (1 B1) - 15 damage after soak, group wiped.

9th Advantage to Recover 1 Strain.

Assuming that Ker'see would like to conserve ammo, the CTs will try to finish off the remaining B1.

ETA

Done (see IC); the final droid is down.

Edited by Bellona
IC status update.

@EliasWindrider

Presumably it's just a short turbolift ride to the bridge from this "lobby" area, seeing as we're going to the bridge and not the observation deck.

Do the turbolifts open directly onto the bridge, or is there a short length of corridor between the 'lift exit and the bridge doors?

10 hours ago, Bellona said:

Just a reminder (not that it made any difference this round): Mireska has Ranged Defence 4 and Melee Defence 4.

It's why she didn't try to take cover - the flat Ranged Defence 1 value from cover doesn't stack with what she already has.

Only the Dug In formation would have helped her (as it gives a +1 Setback to any attack targeting the squad or its leader, instead of a flat defence value), or anything else which "bypasses" the RD/MD values and just gives direct Setback dice to attacks targeting her. (Or upgrades the difficulty of attacks targeting her.)

I was wondering about that... I'll take blame because the buck stops with me but so this doesn't happen again... the latest copy of your character sheet that I have, which I thought was current  to the start of this mission, lists armor with 1 defense and doesn't mention a portable plasma shield (which I thought I remembered but since it wasn't on the sheet I was going by that because I've been doubting my memory because not enough sleep because 2 small kids)...  have you added it (do I need a more recent copy of your sheet)? 

So assuming you have a plasma shield, how is your shield modded? And how are you getting  to 4/4 defense anyway because with 3 mods (the max you could do before it became impossible requiring a destiny point flip, the shield could provide at most 4 defense to be split between  ranged and melee, and the armor on your character sheet, the version I have which says 1 defense (both ranged and melee), which would bring you to an average of 3 each).  Also i was going of your latest ic post which didn't mention it being on.  I probably should have gone back further...

8 hours ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

Presumably it's just a short turbolift ride to the bridge from this "lobby" area, seeing as we're going to the bridge and not the observation deck.

Do the turbolifts open directly onto the bridge, or is there a short length of corridor between the 'lift exit and the bridge doors?

You are correct assuming that you want to take the turbolift (in case they hacked the controls to reroute you to an ambush, not saying I would/would-not do that as a GM but it's the kind of thing I would worry about as a player in this situation) rather than taking the stairs next to them, or grappling hook your way inside the empty lift tunnel 

On 12/12/2019 at 3:34 AM, AnomalousAuthor said:

Wraith

Hard Athletics (2 boosts from Physical Training II): 1eA+2eP+3eD+2eB 3 failures, 2 advantage
a--.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-a.pngd-f.pngd-f-th.pngd-f-f.pngb--.pngb--.png

Wraith Fails in style and grants 2 boosts to the next allied check.

Alpha

Re-do, rolled the wrong dice for Hard Athletics (2 boosts from Wraith): 1eA+3eP+3eD+1eS+2eB 1 success, 4 advantage
a-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s.pngp-s-a.pngd-th.pngd-f-f.pngd--.pngs--.pngb-a-a.pngb--.png

Alpha Squad passes and gives four boosts to next allied check.

Scrap

Hard Athletics (4 boosts from Alpha and a setback for carrying a member of Beta Squad): 1eA+2eP+3eD+4eB+1eS 2 successes, 7 advantage
a-a-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-s.pngd-th.pngd-f-f.pngd--.pngb-a-a.pngb-s-a.pngb--.pngb-a-a.pngs--.png

Scrap succeeds and passes 7 boosts onto Beta Squad.

Beta

Hard Athletics: 3eP+3eD+7eB 4 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-s.pngp-a.pngp-a-a.pngd-th-th.pngd-f-f.pngd-th-th.pngb-s-a.pngb--.pngb-s.pngb--.pngb-s.pngb-s.pngb-a-a.png

Success.

Just a heads up but I'm not going to be able to post again until Tuesday.

When you get to engineering they will be dug in and waiting for you.  They'll have 1 black die of cover and you'll be facing 2 squads of b2's and 4 squads of b2's, each squad a has 6 minions.  Feel free to narrate... you'll start at medium range and be approaching a t intersection from the middle (door to engineering caps the T, you can take cover along the sides of the hallway because there are occasional structural protrusions into the hallway.

On 12/13/2019 at 3:36 PM, EliasWindrider said:

I was wondering about that... I'll take blame because the buck stops with me but so this doesn't happen again... the latest copy of your character sheet that I have, which I thought was current  to the start of this mission, lists armor with 1 defense and doesn't mention a portable plasma shield (which I thought I remembered but since it wasn't on the sheet I was going by that because I've been doubting my memory because not enough sleep because 2 small kids)...  have you added it (do I need a more recent copy of your sheet)? 

So assuming you have a plasma shield, how is your shield modded? And how are you getting  to 4/4 defense anyway because with 3 mods (the max you could do before it became impossible requiring a destiny point flip, the shield could provide at most 4 defense to be split between  ranged and melee, and the armor on your character sheet, the version I have which says 1 defense (both ranged and melee), which would bring you to an average of 3 each).  Also i was going of your latest ic post which didn't mention it being on.  I probably should have gone back further...

From the sound of it you don't have the most recent MediaFire version of Mireska (in fact, I can't remember if she ever had just Defence 1). *

Her Jedi Healer uniform has the Armour Insert attachment (CaM), which starts with Armoured Clothing stats: Defence 1 (both Ranged and Melee) and Soak +1. The Armour Insert has been modded to Defence 2 and Soak +2. (She messed up the final check to make it Hard to spot as being armoured instead of just Average.) That's 2 mods total on that attachment.

Her uniform also includes the Portable Plasma Shield attachment (CotR), which starts with the Defensive +1 (i.e., Melee Defence +1) value. The PPS has been modded to Defensive +2 and Deflection +2 (Ranged Defence +2). That's 3 mods total on that attachment.

Mireska got help in adding the mods from Tinari, who has the Manipulate power upgrade which allows him to add Force dice to Mechanics checks. That was covered in the Misc. thread, around pages 14-16 (in the "downtime" period after Geonosis).

Regarding whether or not the PPS was on - I forgot to mention it specifically in the IC post because I had assumed that it was still on from the last fight. I'll do my best to remember to mention it in the future.

ETA

* I haven't updated the MediaFire version the last week or so, as I haven't spent some of the most recent xp. The other values on the MediaFire sheet are current.

Edited by Bellona
Clarification. Spelling, grammar, etc.

57 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

You are correct assuming that you want to take the turbolift (in case they hacked the controls to reroute you to an ambush, not saying I would/would-not do that as a GM but it's the kind of thing I would worry about as a player in this situation) rather than taking the stairs next to them, or grappling hook your way inside the empty lift tunnel 

Would it be just one storey up by stairs/tunnel, or more than that?

Can Elsee get up the stairs, either by the thrusters that we've seen R2-D2 use once or by some sort of "droid lift" (like the sort used for wheelchairs)?

@MrTInce and @ShockHelix

Any preferences for stairs, turbolift, or turbolift shaft?

Single group, or coordinated attack by split group?

Bridge security probably has cameras on the stairs, and they can see if a 'lift is arriving. I have no idea if they have cameras inside the 'lift shaft or not.

15 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Would it be just one storey up by stairs/tunnel, or more than that?

Can Elsee get up the stairs, either by the thrusters that we've seen R2-D2 use once or by some sort of "droid lift" (like the sort used for wheelchairs)?

@MrTInce and @ShockHelix

Any preferences for stairs, turbolift, or turbolift shaft?

Single group, or coordinated attack by split group?

Bridge security probably has cameras on the stairs, and they can see if a 'lift is arriving. I have no idea if they have cameras inside the 'lift shaft or not.

About 4 stories up, thrusters would work 

Edited by EliasWindrider

I’d only be willing to take the turbo lift shaft if we could disable the turbo lift. 4 stories worth of stairs isn’t a problem though. If I can do that without issue I’m sure a bunch of highly trained soldiers can manage it without a problem.

Are we out of combat cause then I will roll a check to recover strain.

Ker'see will farsight ahead to check for issues...

Farsight: 3eF 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.png

Will spend one pip to look through the lift door to check for any issues.

@ShockHelix and @MrTInce

What are your thoughts on splitting the team between the stairs and a disabled turbolift shaft? Pincer manoeuvre or a bad idea?

My main thought is that we are a rather large group to storm through what is probably one relatively small opening.

Maybe we should see what we can do about disabling the turbolift - or if Elsee can do it.

Edited by Bellona

5 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Are we out of combat cause then I will roll a check to recover strain.

Ker'see will farsight ahead to check for issues...

Farsight: 3eF 1 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.png

Will spend one pip to look through the lift door to check for any issues.

You're out of combat, anyone who wants to recover strain can