EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

Sure let's take a shot. Quick draw the grenade launcher. True aim for maneuver at the droids kneeling with grenade launcher and will fire with quick strike assing a boost. 

Grenading a droid group: 2eP+4eA+2eB+2eD 6 successes, 5 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.pngp-s.pnga-s.pnga-a-a.pnga-a-a.pnga-s.pngb-s-a.pngb-s-a.pngd--.pngd-th.png

16 damage to the group, will trigger blast for two advantage so those engaged each get 13, which I believe takes out the whole group. 

Will use one advantage to recover a strain and will use two to pass a boost to the next guys.

With the triumph can I have it so that the B1s I hate scatter as they fall and disrupt the nearest droid groups causing them issues?

Will drop the grenade launcher and draw the lightsaber spending two strain.

Edited by MrTInce

4 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Sure let's take a shot. Quick draw the grenade launcher. True aim for maneuver at the droids kneeling with grenade launcher and will fire with quick strike assing a boost. 

Grenading a droid group: 2eP+4eA+2eB+2eD 6 successes, 5 advantage, 1 Triumph
p-tr.pngp-s.pnga-s.pnga-a-a.pnga-a-a.pnga-s.pngb-s-a.pngb-s-a.pngd--.pngd-th.png

16 damage to the group, will trigger blast for two advantage so those engaged each get 13, which I believe takes out the whole group. 

Will use one advantage to recover a strain and will use two to pass a boost to the next guys.

With the triumph can I have it so that the B1s I hate scatter as they fall and disrupt the nearest droid groups causing them issues?

Will drop the grenade launcher and draw the lightsaber spending two strain.

Eyeballing it... the group is dead.

I'll let you knock over the group behind it.   Since they're prone ranged attacks made against them will still face a black die, melee attacks made against them will get a boost.They'll need to spend a maneuver on their turn to get up or face a black die on both melee and ranged attacks (their ranged would face a black unless they get up because they are on their backs rather than "stomachs" not that droids have stomachs) they make.  Is that something that you would like to spend the triumph on?

3 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

That does raise an interesting question. Since we’ve boarded an enemy ship, can we use the Boarding Actions advantage table from Forged in Battle for this? 

I'm not familiar with the table and don't have time to look it up (about to give my son a bath before going to bed) but if you want something specific from the table describe it for approval and the answer will probably be yes.

3 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Eyeballing it... the group is dead.

I'll let you knock over the group behind it.   Since they're prone ranged attacks made against them will still face a black die, melee attacks made against them will get a boost.They'll need to spend a maneuver on their turn to get up or face a black die on both melee and ranged attacks (their ranged would face a black unless they get up because they are on their backs rather than "stomachs" not that droids have stomachs) they make.  Is that something that you would like to spend the triumph on?

Sounds good. I'll write something up in a bit.

Alright, well let’s see what they can do. 

Balyeg Auto-Fire: 3eP+1eA+2eB+3eD+1eS 5 successes
p-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-s.pnga-s.pngb-s.pngb-a-a.pngd-th-th.pngd-f.pngd-th.pngs-th.png

Alright, well that’s unfortunate, but at least we got a hit. 13 damage with Pierce 1 on the other front group. I believe that kills 2 of them, and then you’re up @Bellona

Oh, and I’ll use their maneuver to get them into cover.

Edited by ShockHelix

Just now, ShockHelix said:

As Balyeg Squad gets into range, the clones begin firing into the droids. Moving forward, Titan provides them with cover from his large shield, while the other commandos do their best to suppress the droids, a few shots taking down two of the clankers as the commandos move into defensive positions. 

Shouldn't that be in the IC thread? :)

And if Condor really wants to go last, then Mireska will take her action after her CTs.

ETA

IC post finished.

@ShockHelix Condor gets an upgrade to his next check (also mentioned in the spoiler for Mireska's IC post).

Edited by Bellona
Update on IC post status.

Okay, this turn is way too complicated so I’m already messing things up, but here we go.

First I’m going to squad up Balyeg under Condor. 

Squad Up: 3eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 4 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-s.pngp-a.pngp-s-a.pnga-s-a.pngb-a.pngd-th.pngd-th.png

The last difficulty dice shouldn’t be there, and the ability should be a proficiency so let me fix that. 

Botched Dice: 1eP 1 success, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png

Okay wow so that actually mattered. Thanks for the upgrade Bellona.

That means the check was 4s/2a/1T

With the Triumph I’m going to have them enter the close formation as an incidental, for a boost on his attacks.  I’ll also use the 2 advantage to give him a boost on his next check.

I’m also going to take 2 strain to have him move into short range of the droids.

I’m also going to suffer another 2 strain to not increase the difficulty on his attacks with his two DC-17’s with the Gun’s Blazing talent, which he came into the encounter with drawn, and I’m going to activate the Rapid Fire talent to give them both the auto-fire quality and they run out of ammo after the next attack. 

I’m also going to spend 10 XP to pick up the Quick Strike talent from the ARC Trooper tree so he gets another boost against the droids since they haven’t acted yet this encounter. 

And then, I’m going to flip a LS DP to upgrade his attack. 

Bringing me, to, finally, what should be a monstrosity of an attack. Before rolling I’ll make an offering and prayer to the dice gods. 

Ridiculous Auto-Fire Attack: 6eP+5eB+2eD+1eS 4 successes, 5 advantage, 2 Triumph
p-tr.pngp-s-a.pngp-s.pngp-s-s.pngp--.pngp-tr.pngb-a-a.pngb-a-a.pngb--.pngb-s.pngb--.pngd-f-f.pngd--.pngs-f.png

You know I was planning to use my ranged (light) reroll on this, but it’s hard to argue with double triumph. 

Starting with damage, that’s gonna be 14 with Pierce 2, so after the B1’s soak that’ll be 12 damage a hit. Before I make the final decisions on the advantage/Triumph spends- 

From Forged in Battle 91, the table says for a Triumph or 3 Advantage,

”A computer terminal or control panel near the target explodes, dealing 10 damage (or more, at the GM’s discretion) to all engaged characters.”

@EliasWindrider Could I use the 2 Triumph to just wipe out two of the full groups of b1’s with that, then hit the other ones with my attack? 

4 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

Okay, this turn is way too complicated so I’m already messing things up, but here we go.

First I’m going to squad up Balyeg under Condor. 

Squad Up: 3eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 4 successes, 2 advantage
p-s-s.pngp-a.pngp-s-a.pnga-s-a.pngb-a.pngd-th.pngd-th.png

The last difficulty dice shouldn’t be there, and the ability should be a proficiency so let me fix that. 

Botched Dice: 1eP 1 success, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png

Okay wow so that actually mattered. Thanks for the upgrade Bellona.

That means the check was 4s/2a/1T

With the Triumph I’m going to have them enter the close formation as an incidental, for a boost on his attacks.  I’ll also use the 2 advantage to give him a boost on his next check.

I’m also going to take 2 strain to have him move into short range of the droids.

I’m also going to suffer another 2 strain to not increase the difficulty on his attacks with his two DC-17’s with the Gun’s Blazing talent, which he came into the encounter with drawn, and I’m going to activate the Rapid Fire talent to give them both the auto-fire quality and they run out of ammo after the next attack. 

I’m also going to spend 10 XP to pick up the Quick Strike talent from the ARC Trooper tree so he gets another boost against the droids since they haven’t acted yet this encounter. 

And then, I’m going to flip a LS DP to upgrade his attack. 

Bringing me, to, finally, what should be a monstrosity of an attack. Before rolling I’ll make an offering and prayer to the dice gods. 

Ridiculous Auto-Fire Attack: 6eP+5eB+2eD+1eS 4 successes, 5 advantage, 2 Triumph
p-tr.pngp-s-a.pngp-s.pngp-s-s.pngp--.pngp-tr.pngb-a-a.pngb-a-a.pngb--.pngb-s.pngb--.pngd-f-f.pngd--.pngs-f.png

You know I was planning to use my ranged (light) reroll on this, but it’s hard to argue with double triumph. 

Starting with damage, that’s gonna be 14 with Pierce 2, so after the B1’s soak that’ll be 12 damage a hit. Before I make the final decisions on the advantage/Triumph spends- 

From Forged in Battle 91, the table says for a Triumph or 3 Advantage,

”A computer terminal or control panel near the target explodes, dealing 10 damage (or more, at the GM’s discretion) to all engaged characters.”

@EliasWindrider Could I use the 2 Triumph to just wipe out two of the full groups of b1’s with that, then hit the other ones with my attack? 

First roll is 4 success 1 advantage 1 triumph 

Also If you're squaded up they don't get a separate turn/attack from you

Don't you need to add a purple (to the 2 purple for medium) to autofire attacks 

2 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

First roll is 4 success 1 advantage 1 triumph.

Making a squad is an Easy check, not an Average like I rolled, so the 1a/1s from the Ability dice is replaced by the 1 Triumph, and the 1 threat from the extra Difficulty would also be dropped, which is how I got the 4s/2a/1T.

4 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Also If you're squaded up they don't get a separate turn/attack from you.

Yes, and they wouldn’t anymore, but I believe since they took their turn first, chronologically they aren’t getting a separate turn or attack. I believe I did the exact same thing during the first encounter if I remember correctly.

7 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

First roll is 4 success 1 advantage 1 triumph 

Also If you're squaded up they don't get a separate turn/attack from you

Don't you need to add a purple (to the 2 purple for medium) to autofire attacks 

I did add a Difficulty, I took 2 strain and a second maneuver to move from Medium to Short to reduce the initial check to Easy. 

8 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

Making a squad is an Easy check, not an Average like I rolled, so the 1a/1s from the Ability dice is replaced by the 1 Triumph, and the 1 threat from the extra Difficulty would also be dropped, which is how I got the 4s/2a/1T.

Yes, and they wouldn’t anymore, but I believe since they took their turn first, chronologically they aren’t getting a separate turn or attack. I believe I did the exact same thing during the first encounter if I remember correctly.

I did add a Difficulty, I took 2 strain and a second maneuver to move from Medium to Short to reduce the initial check to Easy. 

Ok that makes sense, you were right about your turn being too complicated, however...

Is making a squad an action, maneuver or incidental? Normally any dice roll is an action but I think I recall text saying the leadership check to make a squad takes a maneuver.  If it is a maneuver that brings your total to 3 which is illegal (you would be able to close to move into cover.

Edited by EliasWindrider

13 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Ok that makes sense, you were right about your turn being too complicated, however...

Is making a squad an action, maneuver or incidental? Normally any dice roll is an action but I think I recall text saying the leadership check takes a maneuver.  If it is a maneuver that brings your total to 3 which is illegal (you would be able to close to move into cover.

According to RotSep, creating a squad/-ron during combat is a manoeuvre and requires a skill check (outside of combat a skill check is normally not required).

The skill check to create the squad produced the Triumph, which was used to enter the formation as an incidental (instead of as a manoeuvre). That is a reasonable assumption, based on the RotSep table for spending dice results (RotSep, p. 137). If that is not allowed, then Condor loses the blank Boost die result (with no effect on his attack roll) and instead the squad makes an immediate attack as a minion group in addition to Condor's own attack.

28 minutes ago, Bellona said:

According to RotSep, creating a squad/-ron during combat is a manoeuvre and requires a skill check (outside of combat a skill check is normally not required).

The skill check to create the squad produced the Triumph, which was used to enter the formation as an incidental (instead of as a manoeuvre). That is a reasonable assumption, based on the RotSep table for spending dice results (RotSep, p. 137). If that is not allowed, then Condor loses the blank Boost die result (with no effect on his attack roll) and instead the squad makes an immediate attack as a minion group in addition to Condor's own attack.

Ok... everything seems fine then but like @ShockHelix said that's a really complicated turn.

8 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Ok... everything seems fine then but like @ShockHelix said that's a really complicated turn.

Agreed. There are so many different talents and other rules to keep track of.

I'm really glad that I'm not GM'ing in this system!

... So, are we getting an explosion for those 2 Triumphs? :) 

Edited by Bellona

50 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

I blame @Bellona for having Mireska call out Condor. 

Sorry about that!

I was so chuffed about finally getting the Protect power to work plus rolling a Triumph to boot, that I might have got a bit carried away in the IC post.

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Sorry about that!

I was so chuffed about finally getting the Protect power to work plus rolling a Triumph to boot, that I might have got a bit carried away in the IC post.

No, no, it’s fine. Condor can only safely use this attack once/session though, maybe less depending on the ability to get more reloads. And if I get a despair on an attack from here forward whatever weapon he’s using will be useless until he can get more. 

If I were to just use the Triumph on Autofire, he’ll still do really well. That’s 3 double hits of 12 damage on the droids, and an extra single hit as well. I’m considering taking another rank of Point Blank as well to push it up to 26 so I could kill 5 droids in 3 groups with the auto-fire and still have another hit for the damaged group.

Edited by ShockHelix

3 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

Condor can only safely use this attack once/session though, maybe less depending on the ability to get more reloads. And if I get a despair on an attack from here forward whatever weapon he’s using will be useless until he can get more.

I don't know about the ARCs, but the CTs each have more than one extra re-load, so Condor might be able to cadge some from them if necessary.

18 minutes ago, Bellona said:

I don't know about the ARCs, but the CTs each have more than one extra re-load, so Condor might be able to cadge some from them if necessary.

Could be a good idea. He’s got some of his own for this attack, but the commandos don’t have any extra reloads. I’ll hold off on doing it again unless it’s an emergency though. 

Edited by ShockHelix