EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

On 11/29/2019 at 7:51 PM, EliasWindrider said:

I had planned for you to be facing the turbolifts (i.e. the middle  corridor) but I'll let you choose, do you want to come from the middle the left or right corridor?

It might be better for us to approach from the side instead of head-on. Ker'see's Farsight ability probably gives us the option to choose part of the route taken.

@ShockHelix Do you want to do the action narration that EliasW requested at the bottom of the previous page? You write good action scenes. 

Never mind - seeing as I'm not affected by the American Thanksgiving long weekend I'll do it myself in order to expedite things. :) 

ETA

And the IC is done. If anyone wants something changed in it, then please let me know.

Edited by Bellona
Status of IC post.

For when it becomes relevant:

Mireska's initiative for the third combat encounter ...

Mireska's init. for 3rd cbt enc. w. Foresee upgrade: 1eP+2eA+4eF 2 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
p-tr.pnga-a.pnga-s-a.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ls.pngf-ls.png

Result: 4 successes, 2 advantages, 1 Triumph (2 LS pips were used to increase the successes)

Mireska's CTs' initiative for the third combat encounter ...

M's CTs init. for 3rd combat enc.: 3eP 3 successes, 3 advantage
p-s-s.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-a.png

Edited by Bellona

3 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

@AnomalousAuthor doesn't prime position only apply when you are in cover, and wraith is standing out in the open if I recall.  I'm away from book so can't check.

Prime Positions II (Officer)   

When this character or an ally in Short Range takes cover, they both increase their Soak against Ranged Attacks by 1 per rank (2) until they leave cover

This is what I’ve got written down at SWSheets, but after checking the full skill writeup, it does include “the character taking cover,” which is absent from the version on the skill tree.

I also forgot about Wraith’s bio-support dispenser armor attachment that heals one wound at the end of encounters so Wraith should be at 3 wounds after this encounter ends.

I shall update the skill description on SWSheets and edit the IC post to reflect him getting a smidge damaged.

5 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@AnomalousAuthor I need 3 purple athletics checks from wraith and his men, anyone carrying a downed clone adds a  setback (multiple setbacks for a minion group are possible from this)

@MrTInce I need an initiative check from you

Is it just me or is orokos.com refusing to roll dice for you

It’s been refusing to roll for everyone since about 2247 yesterday. That was when the last successful roll was last I checked.

Edited by ShockHelix

I had to log back in to Orokos just now.

After I did so there were no problems with rolling a test set of rolls. (As in for "test" campaign, which means that the results are not kept in the dice roll history.)

I then experimented with two different rolls for the CW AU dice roll history, and there was no result given. Just a blank page.

... But it is possible to copy/paste the result from a "test" campaign roll. Just no way to confirm them at a later date.

Roller Bellona
Character Mireska
Campaign test
Description Orakos test roll
Results 3eP+4eF: 4 successes, 2 advantage, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side [3eP=S/A, S/A, S/S] [4eF=LS, DS, LS, DS]
p-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-s.pngf-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ls.pngf-ds.png

Edited by Bellona

4 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

test campaign works nothing else does.  We'll wait until orokos.com gets fixed (probably ran out of disk space) or we find another solution 

Can always look into the D1-C3 web app if it isn't back up soon.

https://dice.skyjedi.com/

Tracks dice, destiny points, initiative, active turn, and wounds/strain. 

2 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I don't see a place to sign up, and I'm not sure what it means by channel

That's how you sign up. You enter what you want the channel to be named, and the username you want to use, then it creates the channel if one with that name doesn't already exist. 

It's not quite as protected as Orokos, but has more functionality overall.

Edited by ShockHelix

... And now I can't log in to Orakos for even the unconfirmed Test dice rolls. :( 

ETA

I was able to create a new account on Orakos, but still only for unconfirmed rolls. :(

E(again)TA

Now I can log onto Orakos with my old login again, but still only for unconfirmed rolls.

Edited by Bellona
Update. Update again.

On 12/6/2019 at 6:48 AM, ShockHelix said:

That's how you sign up. You enter what you want the channel to be named, and the username you want to use, then it creates the channel if one with that name doesn't already exist. 

It's not quite as protected as Orokos, but has more functionality overall.

I just poked around very briefly on Skyjedi.

Is it meant for GMs, or players too?

Can more than one user be logged onto the same channel, i.e., can channels be shared? Apparently yes.

At a guess, it's meant more for on-line game sessions during which all the players are on-line at the same time.

ETA

As an experiment, I've set up a channel named "CW AU" (without the quotation marks), along with characters for the bridge team (as per the SWSheets) and initiative slots for both them and six minion groups of droids. The rest of you are welcome to poke around on the channel to see what's possible/useful. :)

Edited by Bellona

I'm going to be AFK for the next 12-18 hours (and again on Sunday, though not as long). The following is just in case the third combat starts for the bridge team while I'm not around (so as not slow things down). I trust the GM and other players to make the correct choices and relevant rolls.

Assume that Mireska's CTs and Mireska herself come last in the PC initiative slots, seeing as the CTs are not as effective as the ARCs, and Mireska is not a combat monster. Also: Mireska has her lightsabre activated for Reflect whenever it's not her turn, and will try to use Circle of Shelter/Guardian of the Republic whenever possible.

If anyone runs out of grenades, then Mireska's CTs have some which could be passed on to anyone who actually has ranks/group ranks in Ranged - Light. (This will be of no help to Ker'see, as her grenade launcher uses a different standard.)

If the combat rounds come quickly, then Mireska's priorities on her own turns will be: healing others (this includes the CTs and regular ARCs)/herself, using Protect to defend herself from an energy attack, using Flow to recover Strain (usually together with Medicine for first aid or Critical Injury removal, or the Discipline check for the Protect power). If/whenever she fails a skill check, then she will invoke Will of the Force to convert one DS Destiny Point to a LS one (this can be done once per round).

If anyone gets a Critical Injury, Mireska actually has two chances to remove it: the Medicine skill check (after which the next one is first in a week's time), and the relevant Heal power upgrade. (Maybe she can attempt the Heal version as many times as she wants. I need to investigate that.)

Once per session, Mireska can use her Heal mastery to bring someone back from death (so long as they died in the interval since her last turn). As has been demonstrated*, she is not afraid to use DS pips for that. (Pip-wise, it's an expensive option.)

* See the "Dark Side triage" carried out in the Petranaki arena on Geonosis.

Edited by Bellona

14 hours ago, Bellona said:

I'm going to be AFK for the next 12-18 hours (and again on Sunday, though not as long). The following is just in case the third combat starts for the bridge team while I'm not around (so as not slow things down). I trust the GM and other players to make the correct choices and relevant rolls.

Assume that Mireska's CTs and Mireska herself come last in the PC initiative slots, seeing as the CTs are not as effective as the ARCs, and Mireska is not a combat monster. Also: Mireska has her lightsabre activated for Reflect whenever it's not her turn, and will try to use Circle of Shelter/Guardian of the Republic whenever possible.

If anyone runs out of grenades, then Mireska's CTs have some which could be passed on to anyone who actually has ranks/group ranks in Ranged - Light. (This will be of no help to Ker'see, as her grenade launcher uses a different standard.)

If the combat rounds come quickly, then Mireska's priorities on her own turns will be: healing others (this includes the CTs and regular ARCs)/herself, using Protect to defend herself from an energy attack, using Flow to recover Strain (usually together with Medicine for first aid or Critical Injury removal, or the Discipline check for the Protect power). If/whenever she fails a skill check, then she will invoke Will of the Force to convert one DS Destiny Point to a LS one (this can be done once per round).

If anyone gets a Critical Injury, Mireska actually has two chances to remove it: the Medicine skill check (after which the next one is first in a week's time), and the relevant Heal power upgrade. (Maybe she can attempt the Heal version as many times as she wants. I need to investigate that.)

Once per session, Mireska can use her Heal mastery to bring someone back from death (so long as they died in the interval since her last turn). As has been demonstrated*, she is not afraid to use DS pips for that. (Pip-wise, it's an expensive option.)

* See the "Dark Side triage" carried out in the Petranaki arena on Geonosis.

I'm going to wait until orokos.com is working again or we decide we need another solution, @AnomalousAuthor @Bellona @MrTInce @ShockHelix will get 5 xp this coming monday but then the campaign is on hiatus until we have a dice app solution.

2 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

I'm going to wait until orokos.com is working again or we decide we need another solution, @AnomalousAuthor @Bellona @MrTInce @ShockHelix will get 5 xp this coming monday but then the campaign is on hiatus until we have a dice app solution.

If it’s working for test rolls, I say we just honor system it until it returns to full functionality.

And, while orokos is the best for pbp, I do use skyjedi’s discord dice roller for my roll20 game and it works great. 

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

On 11/29/2019 at 9:22 AM, EliasWindrider said:

Does a player want to order Elsee to shut the door, scramble the lock and then narrate the party running ... you'll arrive at a widening room with hallways going in 3 directions and a bank of turbolifts on the 4th wall.    There are droids taking cover along the corners of where the corridor opens into the room and across the entrance droids are kneeling with a second row standing behind them so far there are only b1b's right now, there are 6 minion groups of you can target at the moment, 2 have no cover, the rest gave 1 setback die of cover but if you shoot the kneeling row, the row (2 minion groups) behind them will lose their cover.

@MrTInce

They are at medium range