EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

@EliasWindrider @ShockHelix

The only reason why Mireska engaged the remaining Droideka in the first place was because I was convinced that doing so would force it to focus on Mireska and use it's Stomp attack on her (as Gunnery cannot be used while one is being Engaged). I knew that it was highly unlikely that Mireska would actually be able to hit the droideka - it was the distraction factor that was important to me.

If the droideka can still use its Gunnery-based abilities while Engaged, then there would have been no point in Mireska engaging with it. Her goals would have been better served to stay by the blast doors, ready to use Reflect as needed to protect both herself and those close by to her.

As Mireska is not doing anything useful being Engaged with the droideka, she will use the first initiative slot next round to Force Leap back to the blast doors.

In other words, I'm fine with Mireska being a target, so long as she's a useful target from her allies' point of view.

Edited by Bellona
Spelling/grammar.

11 minutes ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider @ShockHelix

The only reason why Mireska engaged the remaining Droideka in the first place was because I was convinced that doing so would force it to focus on Mireska and use it's Stomp attack on her (as Gunnery cannot be used while one is being Engaged). I knew that it was highly unlikely that Mireska would actually be able to hit the droideka - it was the distraction factor that was important to me.

If the droideka can still use its Gunnery-based abilities while Engaged, there would have been no point in Mireska engaging with it. Her goals would have been better served to stay by the blast doors, ready to use Reflect as needed to protect both herself and those close by to her.

As Mireska is not doing anything useful being Engaged with the droideka, she will use the first initiative slot next round to Force Leap back to the blast doors.

In other words, I'm fine with Mireska being a target, so long as she's a useful target from her allies' point of view.

That’s exactly what I was thinking when I brought it up IC, but thinking more about it now, I don’t see why it would make narrative sense for the Droideka to be unable to fire on other targets. It’s just such a strange circumstance mechanically speaking that it’s hard to definitively say what’s correct.  

20 minutes ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider 

Mireska uses Reflect to reduce the incoming damage ... 12 damage - 4 (Reflect) - 4 (Soak) = 4 Wounds taken, 3 Strain suffered.

Current Wound/Strain situation ...

Wounds: 11/15 (meaning 4 Wounds taken)

Strain: 10/17 (meaning 7 Strain suffered)

@EliasWindrider

I went ahead and used the first initiative slot in the next round for Mireska to move and heal herself.

Mireska's updated Current Wound/Strain situation ...

Wounds: 15/15 (meaning 0 Wounds taken)

Strain: 17/17 (meaning 0 Strain suffered)

Like I asked in the IC post, is there any other living creature within Engaged range of Mireska now?

So directing the hit to Balyeg puts Boomstick at the 7/10 wounds I put above.

Maneuver - Aim

Action - Auto-Fire Attack on Droideka.

Auto-Fire Attack on Droideka: 5eP+1eA+2eB+2eD+1eC+2eS 7 successes, 4 advantage
p-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-s.pnga-s.pngb-a.pngb-s-a.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngc--.pngs--.pngs-th.png

That’s 18 damage with pierce 1, so I’ll trigger autofire once which should be more then enough to kill the droideka, and use the other 2 advantage to heal 2 strain.

9 hours ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

I went ahead and used the first initiative slot in the next round for Mireska to move and heal herself.

Mireska's updated Current Wound/Strain situation ...

Wounds: 15/15 (meaning 0 Wounds taken)

Strain: 17/17 (meaning 0 Strain suffered)

Like I asked in the IC post, is there any other living creature within Engaged range of Mireska now?

No

13 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

So directing the hit to Balyeg puts Boomstick at the 7/10 wounds I put above.

Maneuver - Aim

Action - Auto-Fire Attack on Droideka.

Auto-Fire Attack on Droideka: 5eP+1eA+2eB+2eD+1eC+2eS 7 successes, 4 advantage
p-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-s.pnga-s.pngb-a.pngb-s-a.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngc--.pngs--.pngs-th.png

That’s 18 damage with pierce 1, so I’ll trigger autofire once which should be more then enough to kill the droideka, and use the other 2 advantage to heal 2 strain.

Directing a hit to a minion kills the minion even if it is a single point of damage 

7 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Directing a hit to a minion kills the minion even if it is a single point of damage 

Where’s that coming from? RotS 136 states they’re treated as a minion group for all other purposes besides getting a turn, an initiative slot, and performing actions or maneuvers. Further down it says if the leader is in short range of the squad he can redirect a hit to them. If they’re treated as a minion group as it reads, and a hit is redirected, they should just apply soak (5 in this case) and take the remaining damage (7). I could see redirecting a critical hit to them being an automatic death since they function as a minion group, but I don’t see anything suggesting in RotS or the AoR GM Kit that it’s an instant death.

45 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

Where’s that coming from? RotS 136 states they’re treated as a minion group for all other purposes besides getting a turn, an initiative slot, and performing actions or maneuvers. Further down it says if the leader is in short range of the squad he can redirect a hit to them. If they’re treated as a minion group as it reads, and a hit is redirected, they should just apply soak (5 in this case) and take the remaining damage (7). I could see redirecting a critical hit to them being an automatic death since they function as a minion group, but I don’t see anything suggesting in RotS or the AoR GM Kit that it’s an instant death.

AoR GM screen adventure page 28.  First new paragraph in the right column

16 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I stand corrected, good catch. Condor will definitely be taking the hit. 

After my last turn that puts 

Condor - 7/`17 Wounds. 0/18 Strain

Balyeg - 0/50 Wounds

There are still 12 b1 droids (2 of which are supervisors) on the other side of the blast door, tell you what I'll downgrade the supervisors to ordinary minions, making them reorganized into 2 full squads of 6 b1's.  Since you can coordinate with Elsee to open the door at a time of your choosing, I'll put all of you in front of them on initiative, and if you toss 2 grenades through a partially opened door at easy (1 purple)  difficulty, you'll kill all remaining b1's on the other side of the blast doors... and be able to seal them behind you to keep the droideekas from following... but you'll need to sabotage the controls either shoot them which means you won't be able to open them later either or we can have Elsee set a 3 purple difficulty for anyone else trying to open the door.  @Bellona @MrTInce @ShockHelix And I'll need another 3 purple difficulty athletics check from your pc's and minions

Edited by EliasWindrider

20 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Roll a hard (3 purple) athletics check for each minion group and scrap and wraith.  Whoever is carrying the downed clone adds 1 setback to their roll.

The wording in eote on minton groups in unclear on this, but upon further  review  damage carries over and multiple can die from damage per hit. 

@AnomalousAuthor I edited the instructions see the bold.  Please roll/post.

31 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

There are still 12 b1 droids (2 of which are supervisors) on the other side of the blast door, tell you what I'll downgrade the supervisors to ordinary minions, making them reorganized into 2 full squads of 6 b1's.  Since you can coordinate with Elsee to open the door at a time of your choosing, I'll put all of you in front of them on initiative, and if you toss 2 grenades through a partially opened door at easy (1 purple)  difficulty, you'll kill all remaining b1's on the other side of the blast doors... and be able to seal them behind you to keep the droideekas from following... but you'll need to sabotage the controls either shoot them which means you won't be able to open them later either or we can have Elsee set a 3 purple difficulty for anyone else trying to open the door.  @Bellona @MrTInce @ShockHelix And I'll need another 3 purple difficulty athletics check from your pc's and minions

2 grenades at easy sounds simple enough. We can have Balyeg do one and the CT's do the other. 

Hard Athletics: 2eA+3eD 2 failures, 1 threat
a-a.pnga--.pngd-th.pngd-f-f.pngd-th.png

No surprises there.

Hard Athletics: 3eP+1eA+3eD 1 success, 1 threat
p-s.pngp-s-a.pngp-a.pnga--.pngd--.pngd-f-th.pngd-th-th.png

On 11/22/2019 at 5:23 PM, EliasWindrider said:

That's fine.

@AnomalousAuthor @Bellona @MrTInce @ShockHelix can you please post wounds and strain for your characters and support PCs... I'll try to post them in the initial post of this thread

Wraith has 3/20 wounds, 0/17 strain.

Scrap has 0/15 wounds.

Alpha Squad is down to five men with 2/25 wounds.

Beta Squad has 0/25 wounds.

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

Roll a hard (3 purple) athletics check for each minion group and scrap and wraith.  Whoever is carrying the downed clone adds 1 setback to their roll.

Wraith

Hard Athletics: 1eA+2eP+3eD 4 successes, 1 threat
a-s-s.pngp-s-s.pngp-s-a.pngd-th-th.pngd--.pngd-f.png

Scrap

Hard Athletics: 1eA+2eP+3eD 1 success
a-s.pngp-s-s.pngp-s-a.pngd-f-th.pngd--.pngd-f-f.png

Alpha Squad (Carrying fallen brother)

Hard Athletics + Setback: 1eA+3eP+1eS 3 successes, 3 advantage
a-a-a.pngp-s.pngp-s.pngp-s-a.pngs--.png

Hard Athletics (didn't put difficulty dice the first time): 3eD 2 failures, 3 threat
d-th-th.pngd-th.pngd-f-f.png

Beta Squad

Hard Athletics: 1eA+3eP+3eD 2 successes, 1 Triumph
a-s.pngp-tr.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-s.pngd-th.pngd-f-f.pngd-th.png

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

13 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

If we’re out of structured time, @Bellona are you able to heal up Boomstick? 

Sure. (I assume that you meant Condor, not Boomstick.)

ETA: Did the dice roll in the IC post.

Edited by Bellona

2 hours ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Wraith

Hard Athletics: 1eA+2eP+3eD 4 successes, 1 threat
a-s-s.pngp-s-s.pngp-s-a.pngd-th-th.pngd--.pngd-f.png

Scrap

Hard Athletics: 1eA+2eP+3eD 1 success
a-s.pngp-s-s.pngp-s-a.pngd-f-th.pngd--.pngd-f-f.png

Alpha Squad (Carrying fallen brother)

Hard Athletics + Setback: 1eA+3eP+1eS 3 successes, 3 advantage
a-a-a.pngp-s.pngp-s.pngp-s-a.pngs--.png

Hard Athletics (didn't put difficulty dice the first time): 3eD 2 failures, 3 threat
d-th-th.pngd-th.pngd-f-f.png

Beta Squad

Hard Athletics: 1eA+3eP+3eD 2 successes, 1 Triumph
a-s.pngp-tr.pngp-a-a.pngp-s-s.pngd-th.pngd-f-f.pngd-th.png

Wow... you'll make it to the next combat encounter before they can adequately prepare to mount a strong defense.

23 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Interesting. This is another difference between the AoR GM and the more recent RotSep. RotSep makes no mention of the hit automatically killing one of the minions in the squad, only that the damage can be re-directed.

That's at least 3 differences so far in the newer rules (one less minion allowed, the absence of some formations, the consequences of re-directed damage).

Edited by Bellona
Clarity

If we're momentarily out of structured time/into narrative time due to the end of the encounter, can we do the post-encounter Strain-recovery roll? (For anyone who needs it.)

Edited by Bellona

Mireska's "run to the next encounter" check ...

Athletics to move quickly: 2eA+4eF+3eD 1 success, 4 Dark Side
a-s-a.pnga-s-a.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngd-f.png

The single success should be enough, so I'll ignore the Force dice results.

Mireska's CTs' check ...

Mireska's CTs' Athletics check to run: 3eP+3eD 0 successes, 1 advantage
p-a-a.pngp-s.pngp-s.pngd-th.pngd-f-f.pngd--.png

Maybe they were slowed down by retrieiving that unused shaped charge on the way. (ETA: The shaped charge was already retrieved before the doors were opened.)

I'm not sure what that Advantage can be used for when there's no Success.

Edited by Bellona
Correction re shaped charge.

After we go through the blast doors, do we have Elsee scramble the locking mechanism or do we just shoot the controls?

I'm for scrambling the controls, in case we need to go use the door again.