EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

20 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Okay. Ker'see will drop the launcher and force leap as a maneuver to the damaged droid.

Enhance: 3eF 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ds.png

Quick draw as incidental the lightsabre and slash.

Lightsabre slash: 3eP+3eA+1eC+1eD+2eS 1 success, 1 advantage, 1 Despair
p-a-a.pngp-s.pngp--.pnga-s.pnga-s.pnga-a.pngc-d.pngd-th.pngs-th.pngs-f.png

10 damage breach 1 which finishes the droid. One advantage to pass on a boost.

How do you want to spend the despair?

The droid explodes (small detonation) that pushes you back and causes you to drop the saber, but otherwise does no damage.   You'll need to spend one maneuver to move to the saber and a second maneuver to pick it up.

23 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Okay. Ker'see will drop the launcher and force leap as a maneuver to the damaged droid.

Enhance: 3eF 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
f-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ds.png

Quick draw as incidental the lightsabre and slash.

Lightsabre slash: 3eP+3eA+1eC+1eD+2eS 1 success, 1 advantage, 1 Despair
p-a-a.pngp-s.pngp--.pnga-s.pnga-s.pnga-a.pngc-d.pngd-th.pngs-th.pngs-f.png

10 damage breach 1 which finishes the droid. One advantage to pass on a boost.

How do you want to spend the despair?

Nice!

As soon as your IC is up (now that our GM has answered), I can have Mireska take her own action.

3 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

The droid explodes (small detonation) that pushes you back and causes you to drop the saber, but otherwise does no damage.   You'll need to spend one maneuver to move to the saber and a second maneuver to pick it up.

To round out my turn I will jump up as incidental and activate the magnetic tether on her lightsabre to have it return to her.

@EliasWindrider

I've posted Mireska's attack result in the IC, but there's 2 Threat to resolve. If you don't want to use them on 2 Strain then I'll adjust the IC post as needed.

Sorry, I'd misread the Orakos result as 2 Threats (instead of just 1 Threat), plus I'd forgotten the +1 Advantage granted by the hilt's Personalised Design. So the attack just failed, nothing else more exciting.

So it's the droideka's turn now ... I guess that either it'll try to stomp one of us, or it'll have to move - and take down its shield - in order to shoot.

Edited by Bellona

8 hours ago, MrTInce said:

To round out my turn I will jump up as incidental and activate the magnetic tether on her lightsabre to have it return to her.

You weren't knocked down you were knocked back a few steps (narrative) but your lightsaber  went from engaged to short.  Magnetic weapon works if it's in engaged range.  You need to spend a maneuver to move next to the saber.

9 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

You weren't knocked down you were knocked back a few steps (narrative) but your lightsaber  went from engaged to short.  Magnetic weapon works if it's in engaged range.  You need to spend a maneuver to move next to the saber.

@MrTInce 

I’d suggest 2 strain for an extra maneuver so you can get your saber before the end of the turn.

8 hours ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

Do we have any idea of how long Elsee needs to slice the control panel for the blast doors, i.e., how long we need to hold off the droids (both present and in-coming)?

Unless you take a super long time after the remaining droideeka in this encounter, it'll be a narrative slicing rather than dice roll at the end of this encounter 

51 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Unless you take a super long time after the remaining droideeka in this encounter, it'll be a narrative slicing rather than dice roll at the end of this encounter 

Sounds good.

What does the current droideka do - stomp, or move and shoot?

16 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Have all the pc+minion slots been used?  I didn't think Mireska had gone yet (I knew her clones did).

Fire Sweep: 2eP+1eA+3eD 2 successes, 1 Triumph
p-s-a.pngp-tr.pnga-a.pngd-th.pngd-th.pngd--.png

Each of the PC's will take 12 damage

Can Mireska be hit by that? Usually gunnery can’t be used on engaged characters, though I’m not certain on this one since it isn’t your standard type of attack. 

36 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

Can Mireska be hit by that? Usually gunnery can’t be used on engaged characters, though I’m not certain on this one since it isn’t your standard type of attack. 

This is technically a special ability that happens to deal damage, it doesn't follow the normal attack rules (e.g. difficulty is a flat 3 purple, defense and defensive abilities not withstanding)

@EliasWindrider

It's still the Gunnery skill. The Fire Sweep action is more like an autofire Gunnery attack (hence the extra difficulty at Medium range), but it gets the extra targets at a cheaper advantage cost than normal autofire does.

The reason why they have the Stomp attack in the first place is so that when they have enemies within Engaged range, the droidekas can get rid of them and start using the Gunnery-based attacks again.

Most targets at Medium or longer range would take more than one round to get within Engaged range, so the droidekas would get at least one round of attack(s) off before someone's in their face. It's the Force-users who "cheat", using the Force to get within Engaged range so quickly.

(Come to think of it, Mireska should have used one extra manoeuvre [for 2 Strain] after the Force Leap in order to engage the droideka. I've now added that into her IC post's spoiler.)

Edited by Bellona

Bit of confusion on my part, but the hangar battle has concluded and the clones are making their way towards engineering.

Also, how exactly does damage work for minion groups? I’ve always ran it with damage rolling over to the next minion with however many being defeated as the damage dictated, but RAW says only one can be defeated per hit, right? What happens in situations when the extra damage from multiple attacks do enough carry over damage to defeat a previously damaged, but undefeated minion?

Edit: Edited my last IC post to reflect the encounter being resolved.

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

23 hours ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Bit of confusion on my part, but the hangar battle has concluded and the clones are making their way towards engineering.

Also, how exactly does damage work for minion groups? I’ve always ran it with damage rolling over to the next minion with however many being defeated as the damage dictated, but RAW says only one can be defeated per hit, right? What happens in situations when the extra damage from multiple attacks do enough carry over damage to defeat a previously damaged, but undefeated minion?

Edit: Edited my last IC post to reflect the encounter being resolved.

Roll a hard (3 purple) athletics check for each minion group and scrap and wraith.  Whoever is carrying the downed clone adds 1 setback to their roll.

The wording in eote on minton groups in unclear on this, but upon further  review  damage carries over and multiple can die from damage per hit. 

Edited by EliasWindrider

So, concerning the Droideka. 

3 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

This is technically a special ability that happens to deal damage, it doesn't follow the normal attack rules (e.g. difficulty is a flat 3 purple, defense and defensive abilities not withstanding)

The specific wording here is

Droideka, RotS 142

"As an action, a droideka can make a Hard Gunnery check to inflict one hit that deals base damage with its built-in twin heavy blasters on up to two targets within medium range, plus one additional target per advantage on the check; it can only hit each target once this way."

3 hours ago, Bellona said:

It's still the Gunnery skill. The Fire Sweep action is more like an autofire Gunnery attack (hence the extra difficulty at Medium range), but it gets the extra targets at a cheaper advantage cost than normal autofire does.

Based on the wording above, it is very specifically not an attack, but a Hard Gunnery check.

Most targets at Medium or longer range would take more than one round to get within Engaged range, so the droidekas would get at least one round of attack(s) off before someone's in their face. It's the Force-users who "cheat", using the Force to get within Engaged range so quickly.

This isn't entirely true either. Medium to Short is 1 maneuver, and Short to Engaged is also one. That being said, the actual range on their twin heavy blasters is Range [Long], meaning they could set up within long range, begin to fire, and then as targets came within medium/short range (max of 2 maneuvers), they'd then be able to make the check.

Additionally, the specific wording on EotE 210, table 6-4 : Ranged Modifiers is 

May not make Gunnery checks when engaged with an opponent.

The same exact wording is used in AoR, page 223

That being said, I would argue that doesn't really make sense for Droidekas to a certain degree. If a Droideka is engaged, it doesn't make sense that it'd be prevented from firing. Being immobilized however might prevent it from turning far enough around to shoot at Mireska, and her being within swinging range wouldn't prevent it from shooting at anyone else.

Personally, I think it would make the most sense while following RAW and Narrative reasoning to say that it's landing a hit on everyone but Mireska, as she'd be the only one close enough to keep herself out of its sweeping arc of blaster fire. (Meaning Condor/Balyeg, Ker'see, and the CT's.)

@EliasWindrider

The reason why they have the Stomp attack in the first place is so that when they have enemies within Engaged range, the droidekas can get rid of them and start using the Gunnery-based attacks again.

(Come to think of it, Mireska should have used one extra manoeuvre [for 2 Strain] after the Force Leap in order to engage the droideka. I've now added that into her IC post's spoiler.)

If you'd rather your clones get hit, I'd be willing to do that... it'd kill 1 and hurt another