Jump to content
EliasWindrider

PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: OOC

Recommended Posts

Tactical comment (assuming that Republic intelligence remembers the start of the Naboo incident):

We need to shoot at them before they stop moving. Otherwise they'll get their shields up and become a lot harder to hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Tactical comment (assuming that Republic intelligence remembers the start of the Naboo incident):

We need to shoot at them before they stop moving. Otherwise they'll get their shields up and become a lot harder to hit.

That's a fair thing to be remembered from arbitrary encounters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

There is probably also a little bit of time to fortify your position.

If that means upgrading the defense from 1 setback to 2 (if not ignore the doing that bit), I'd like to have the clones do that, then get prone into that cover. I'm also going to put Balyeg into dug in. I think that brings the total up to 4 or 5 setback against them depending on whether or not they can improve the cover.

I'll also have Condor put his blasters away and pull the dc-15 back out after Mireska heals him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just thought of this: how about someone setting up some Shaped Charges if we find out that we can't slice through the door? (Mireska and her four CTs are currently carrying a total of 9 Shaped Charges.)

They require Mechanics to set up, have a range of Engaged, and do increased Breach damage the more charges are used. Mireska's structural scanner and demolitions kit would both be useful in this case.

Sneaking a quick peek at the current character sheets of those who are involved, either Mireska and Condor working together, or Condor and his ARC minions working together (one providing the other skilled assistance) would provide the best chances (YYYG) on the Mechanics check.

Does anyone know where to find the stats for blast doors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Just thought of this: how about someone setting up some Shaped Charges if we find out that we can't slice through the door? (Mireska and her four CTs are currently carrying a total of 9 Shaped Charges.)

They require Mechanics to set up, have a range of Engaged, and do increased Breach damage the more charges are used. Mireska's structural scanner and demolitions kit would both be useful in this case.

Sneaking a quick peek at the current character sheets of those who are involved, either Mireska and Condor working together, or Condor and his ARC minions working together (one providing the other skilled assistance) would provide the best chances (YYYG) on the Mechanics check.

Does anyone know where to find the stats for blast doors?

My guess would be forged in battle or fully operational. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Just thought of this: how about someone setting up some Shaped Charges if we find out that we can't slice through the door? (Mireska and her four CTs are currently carrying a total of 9 Shaped Charges.)

They require Mechanics to set up, have a range of Engaged, and do increased Breach damage the more charges are used. Mireska's structural scanner and demolitions kit would both be useful in this case.

Sneaking a quick peek at the current character sheets of those who are involved, either Mireska and Condor working together, or Condor and his ARC minions working together (one providing the other skilled assistance) would provide the best chances (YYYG) on the Mechanics check.

Does anyone know where to find the stats for blast doors?

I’ve got two destro-6 charges as well from RotS 59, not sure which are stronger. Condor can also try a (YYY) check to slice the door open beforehand, if the slicer droid fails or can’t make the attempt. The downside of the charges is that, at least for the destro-6 ones, they take 5 minutes to setup, so we’ll likely land another combat encounter if we have to take that route. 
 

Oh and here’s my initiative for the next encounter. Darned dice. 
Initiative: 1eP+2eA 0 successes, 2 advantage
p-a.pnga--.pnga-a.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

If that means upgrading the defense from 1 setback to 2 (if not ignore the doing that bit), I'd like to have the clones do that, then get prone into that cover. I'm also going to put Balyeg into dug in. I think that brings the total up to 4 or 5 setback against them depending on whether or not they can improve the cover.

I'll also have Condor put his blasters away and pull the dc-15 back out after Mireska heals him.

I'll say 3 black.

 

6 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Ker'see will attempt the farsight power during the in between...

 

Farsight power use: 3eF 3 Dark Side
f-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.png

 

Will flip a destiny and take the conflict and strain to trigger power. Activate range to see up to extreme and control to see through walls. How many does Ker'see see?

In the first group 2, but there are more further away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

I’ve got two destro-6 charges as well from RotS 59, not sure which are stronger. Condor can also try a (YYY) check to slice the door open beforehand, if the slicer droid fails or can’t make the attempt. The downside of the charges is that, at least for the destro-6 ones, they take 5 minutes to setup, so we’ll likely land another combat encounter if we have to take that route. 

I suggest that we try the slicing first, either Elsee or whoever has Computers and/or high Intellect. (I'm assuming that Computers is the required skill, as our GM referred to slicing.)

If that fails, then our characters will be in a sticky situation and I'd suggest the Shaped Charges because they are quick to apply and will only affect the the blast doors (Engaged) as opposed to the immediate area around them (Short range being up to several metres).

The only problem is getting the Shaped Charges set up properly. If we figure that the blast doors only have an Armour value of 1, then one Shaped Charge will require an Average Mechanics check to do 15 damage with Breach 1 and Vicious 1. If the blast doors have an Armour value of 2, then two Shaped Charges require a Hard Mechanics check to do 20 damage with Breach 2 and Vicious 2.

Mireska can use her structural scanner to find weak points and in general see through the walls and bulkheads up to Short range for the rest of the encounter (presumably it's on a screen on the device). That should assist in placing the Shaped Charges.

So I guess that Mireska's second round of "in between combat" will be to use the structural scanner.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bellona said:

Just thought of this: how about someone setting up some Shaped Charges if we find out that we can't slice through the door? (Mireska and her four CTs are currently carrying a total of 9 Shaped Charges.)

They require Mechanics to set up, have a range of Engaged, and do increased Breach damage the more charges are used. Mireska's structural scanner and demolitions kit would both be useful in this case.

Sneaking a quick peek at the current character sheets of those who are involved, either Mireska and Condor working together, or Condor and his ARC minions working together (one providing the other skilled assistance) would provide the best chances (YYYG) on the Mechanics check.

Does anyone know where to find the stats for blast doors?

We can handle this narratively, we don't need stats for the blast doors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

So will the encounter start just as they enter medium range? 

That was the plan, they do have to enter on their turn though... that turn will be they roll in and shield up... purposes letting PCs attack before the droideekas attack because of initiative results though

Btw let me know when you're ready for the droideekas to roll in (I'm home sick today... stomach flu)

Edited by EliasWindrider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

That was the plan, they do have to enter on their turn though... that turn will be they roll in and shield up... purposes letting PCs attack before the droideekas attack because of initiative results though

Btw let me know when you're ready for the droideekas to roll in (I'm home sick today... stomach flu)

Is Elsee around, or do we just assume that she's hiding like a sensible astromech slicer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ShockHelix @MrTInce @EliasWindrider

Does Condor have any skill ranks in Computers?

More importantly, does anyone in the party have one or more of: an electronic lockbreaker, a dataspike, slicer gear, or a databreaker (either blackops or standard)? Because Mireska doesn't have any form of slicing gear along. * "I'm a doctor, not a slicer!" (Although it looks like she may have to learn it anyway if we get stuck without Tinari again.)

If we don't have the gear - and Elsee doesn't turn up - then I suggest that on the third round (which will presumably be the first round of combat) Mireska will try a Mechanics check to set up the shaped charges.

 

ETA

* Or is this the sort of thing that one can spend a Destiny Point to say "Look at what I found in my pocket/under the doormat/forgotten behind the panel from the most recent technician's visit!"?

Edited by Bellona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Condor doesn’t, however if I’m not mistaken I can order Balyeg into the Mission Specialist formation, and use up one of Condor’s 3/session uses of it to substitute his computers skill for his leadership skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

Condor doesn’t, however if I’m not mistaken I can order Balyeg into the Mission Specialist formation, and use up one of Condor’s 3/session uses of it to substitute his computers skill for his leadership skill.

That's interesting ... I just looked up the squad(ron) rules in RotSep, then the AoR GM Kit. The RotSep version is missing both the squad Mission Specialist formation and the squadron Skilled Navigator formation. Regardless, if our GM okays it then that's to our advantage.

Does Condor (or anyone else) have the necessary tools?

And can Condor get it done during the second "in between combat" round (before the third combat begins)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...