14 hours ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

Was there a round free between the first combat and the mad dash to reach the second one?

If so, then Mireska should have taken that round to apply first aid (Medicine) to herself.

If you had wanted that, you should have told me before the roll and I would have adjusted the difficulty.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:20 PM, ShockHelix said:

Let's see, gonna start off by having Condor and Balyeg open fire at the droids, auto-fire.

Auto-Fire Ion at B1's: 5eP+1eA+2eD 4 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s.pngp-s.pngp-a-a.pnga-s.pngd-f-th.pngd-th-th.png

Not much luck there, so 16 damage w/ pierce 1 against one of the droid groups. I'll use the advantage to pass a boost on to @Bellona's first move.

I'll also make a maneuver to try and order Balyeg into the Dug in position with a leadership check. 

Dig in Balyeg: 3eP+1eA+1eB+2eD 1 success, 4 advantage
p-a-a.pngp-a.pngp-a-a.pnga-s.pngb-s-a.pngd-f-th.pngd-th.png

That went a little better, so I'll use two advantage to turn that into an incidental instead, and then use that unused maneuver to have them move into cover for a total of 2 setback on attacks against them.

On 11/13/2019 at 7:28 AM, EliasWindrider said:

I believe autofire adds a purple and while studded either you or your minions attack you seem to be using your agility and your minions skill which I don't believe is kosher.  Maybe this is one of the differences @Bellona is referring to.

I also believe dug in replaced cover, but I'd have to check that.  So I'm going to have to check the rules on this and it may need to be voided.

On 11/13/2019 at 8:12 AM, ShockHelix said:

No, you're right, I just forgot a dice.

Forgot a Die: 1eD 0 successes, 2 threat
d-th-th.png

generate a threat and can't pass on a boost, but the damage remains the same at least, my mistake.

I don't think RotS does, but I'm almost positive the AoR GM Kit specifies that the Dug In effect can stack with other defensive bonuses like cover.

After reviewing the rules, You're going to need to reroll your attack using either your dice pool or that of your minions.  You do not get to combine your attribute with their group skill ranks. Scratch that you appear to have used your ranged light skill with your agility, based on your bolded description it seemed like you were using your agility with ranged heavy ranks equal to the number of minions.  How about in the ooc thread we speak RAW actions only and in the ic thread you narrate however you like (within reason  and consistent with the RAW dice roll results).  It cost us most of 2 days for me to sort out the RAW of your narrative (not consistent with raw mechanics) description in this ooc thread.  That's time other players could have spent taking there turns.  This isn't meant as criticism/ blame it's about coming to common group playstyle conventions, by evaluating what works/doesn't and figuring out to improve moving forward. It's what we do for agile software development at my work 

You are correct that the AoR GM screen says dug in stacks with cover.  

Next player can take their turn  now

19 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

Ah, no you're right, it's once per session. Guess I shouldn't have panic burned it when it seemed like Ker'see was going down 🤣

Certainly hope the entirety of everything we do for Christophsis won't be one session though, or it'll be a long time before I have it back.

Session ends after the mission to take out the separatists flag ship.

19 hours ago, Bellona said:

I know that part of the first post in this OOC thread is not entirely up to date.

For example, Mireska still has taken 3 Wounds (previous combat encounter) and her WT is now 15 (bought it up with some recent XP). And the initiative slots are not updated for this combat (and the concurrent hangar combat).

The destiny pool looks correct to me (the most recent rolls for the Battle of Christophsis were in the Misc and OOC threads, around Sept. 1-3).

As for failing the checks ... it is true that Orakos/RNGesus has not always been kind to me. :) 

But, IIRC, Unmatched Teamwork is a 1/session talent which lasts for one encounter. Didn't Condor already use Unmatched Teamwork during the last combat encounter? Or do we consider the combats on the Invincible to be one long combat encounter?

No

On 11/13/2019 at 2:38 AM, Bellona said:

Also, I have a couple of questions about the squad rules due to the slightly different language used in RotSep (as opposed to the AoR GM kit).

First, do the RotSep squad rules override the AoR GM kit rules, due to them being more recent?

Secondly, am I correct in thinking that the squad effectively does not take any actions/manouevres/incidentals, but merely acts as a meat shield for its leader?

It's not in the rules but it's come down from devs that they or you get an attack roll.  So not quite just a meat shield 

4 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

How about in the ooc thread we speak RAW actions only and in the ic thread you narrate however you like (within reason  and consistent with the RAW dice roll results).

Should I have started the squad discussion in the Misc thread instead?

And do you prefer the dice rolls and "shown math" to be in the IC spoilers or in the OOC thread?

Edited by Bellona

8 hours ago, Bellona said:

Should I have started the squad discussion in the Misc thread instead?

And do you prefer the dice rolls and "shown math" to be in the IC spoilers or in the OOC thread?

Either... my phone doesn't let me have a spoiler in the middle of a post (if I start a spoiler everything after the spoiler gets gobbled by/included  in the spoiler).   If you're going to do 1 post in the ic thread is fine, if your going to narrate different than strict raw... dice rolls go in ooc thread.

15 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Let the clones go next.

At your orders Sir!

Incidental - Drop DC-15A

Incidental - (Quick Draw) Draw DC-17 Hand Blaster (Right Hand)

Maneuver - Draw DC -17 Hand Blaster (Left Hand)

Incidental - Guns Blazing (2 strain, refrain from increasing difficulty for attacking with two weapons)

Fire on a 6 droid group with both DC-17's

Double Blaster fire on Droid group.: 5eP+1eA+2eB+2eD 6 successes, 6 advantage
p-a-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-s-a.pnga-s-a.pngb-s.pngb-a-a.pngd-th-th.pngd-th.png

15 dmg hit with pierce 2, 1 advantage to active a second hit.

3 advantage to gain +1 ranged defense until the next turn.

2 advantage to pass on 2 boost to Ker'see.

Quick draw to stow lightsabre and then pick up grenade launcher for first maneuver. 

True aim at a group of six for second maneuver and two strain. 

Shoot the group with action.

Grenade launcher: 2eP+4eA+1eB+2eD+2eS 2 failures, 6 advantage
p-s-a.pngp-a-a.pnga-a-a.pnga-s.pnga-a-a.pnga-s.pngb--.pngd-f-f.pngd-f-f.pngs-f.pngs-th.png

Will trigger blast with 3 advantages so each minion in the group takes 7 in damage down to 3 for soak so 18 in all which should take out 3. 

With other advantages the rest of the group moves and loses their cover bonus.

Edited by MrTInce

I guess that Mireska's CTs will start whittling away the last group of 6. Range is still an issue so no grenades, but they will still try autofire. (I'm really missing the last two squad members; they would have given 2 extra green dice.)

@MrTInce Will you be making the matching IC post?

Edited by Bellona

@Bellona you might want to turn of your saber to see if the ominous hum stops when you do.

@MrTInce @ShockHelix

Btw there's time for a little bit (1 or two rounds) of within party small talk before the next encounter starts at the same location, although you'll be attacked from the end of the hallway that you approached from.  There is probably also a little bit of time to fortify your position.

Edited by EliasWindrider

44 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

@Bellona Condor is at 7 wounds and 4 Strain, so he’s not bad off. 

Mireska can apply some first aid to Condor as he shouts his warning and orders the other clones to dig in or whatever.

ETA: If you check the IC post, you can see that Mireska went ahead with the first aid. "Patient consent? Phft, what's that?"

Edited by Bellona