3 minutes ago, Bellona said:

... I'm not sure what I can use the actual Triumph part for (the success part of the Triumph was the more important part in this case).

Well, the intent was so that you could heal that critical injury on a check to heal wounds, but since the reflect prevented that critical injury, maybe you can use the  Triumph to upgrade an ally’s next check, (Either Ker’see, or your CT’s), since we’re in combat, as long as Elias doesn’t ave any objections. 

Good points. I'll edit the OOC post to give Ker'see an upgrade to her attack.

@MrTInce Ker'see can go before the first droid group, as she can take out an entire group at once.

Mireska's CTs will shoot after the first group but before the rest of the droids.

Edited by Bellona

2 hours ago, Bellona said:

Very kind of you, good sir! :) 

That means that Mireska should do a Medicine skill check for first aid on Ker'see (the Triumph plus Setback-removal would have no effect on a Heal power check unless Mireska was trying to both Heal wounds and remove a critical at the same time). (If there hadn't been someone in need of medical attention, then that Triumph would have been great for the skill check portion of the Protect power.)

... So on her turn (assuming that Ker'see is willing to let Mireska go before her) ...

Mireska - who is now standing close to Ker'see because of the Reflect - drops her lightsabre (incidental).

She turns off her personal shield (incidental). (I'm pretty sure that using a physician's kit for first aid requires two hands free, not one.)

She Quick Draws her physician's kit (incidental).

She makes a Medicine skill check vs. Average difficulty (b/c K's below half her WT), using the kit's Boost and free Advantage, plus Condor's Triumph, plus a Flow power check to regain Strain herself (action).

She puts away her physician's kit (manoeuvre).

She turns on her shield (incidental).

She then recovers her weapon via the magnetic weapon tether (incidental), ready to Reflect more attacks after her turn.

(And is almost surprised that she's not out of breath after that long list of things done.)

Mireska's Medicine (first aid) on Ker'see w. phys.kit, plus Flow power: 4eP+1eB+2eD+4eF 1 success, 3 advantage, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
p-s.pngp-s-a.pngp-s.pngp-s.pngb-a-a.pngd-f-f.pngd-f.pngf-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ls.png

That was not a great skill check, but I don't want to spend my Natural Doctor just yet (1/session) and it did actually succeed.

Medicine (first aid) result on Ker'see: 2 Successes (1+1 Triumph) + 4 Advantages (3+1 from the physician's kit) = 6 Wounds healed (2 Successes +4 from Surgeon 4) for Ker'see, 2 Strain recovered (2 from Physician 2) for Ker'see, 4 Strain recovered for Mireska (if I can use the extra Advantages like that)

Flow power result on Mireska: 2 LS pips = 2 more Strain recovered for Mireska.

Ker'see: 6 Wounds healed, 10 still taken; 2 (all) Strain recovered.

Mireska: 3 Wounds still taken; 6 (all) Strain recovered.

... I'm not sure what I can use the actual Triumph part for (the success part of the Triumph was the more important part in this case).

ETA The Triumph part of the Triumph will be used to give Ker'see an upgrade to her next attack.

Wounds count up, she's at one less than her wound threshold... I think you got the difficulty wrong.

20 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Wounds count up, she's at one less than her wound threshold... I think you got the difficulty wrong.

Due to Soak - and Mireska's Circle of Shelter/Reflect against the third attack - Ker'see took 16 Wounds ([11-4]+[10-4]+[10-3-4] = 7+6+3 = 16). Her WT is 17, so that gives the Medicine skill check an Average difficulty (current Wounds equal more than half the WT but do not exceed it). FaD p. 122.

Edited by Bellona

3 hours ago, Bellona said:

Due to Soak - and Mireska's Circle of Shelter/Reflect against the third attack - Ker'see took 16 Wounds ([11-4]+[10-4]+[10-3-4] = 7+6+3 = 16). Her WT is 17, so that gives the Medicine skill check an Average difficulty (current Wounds equal more than half the WT but do not exceed it). FaD p. 122.

Average difficulty is correct (I just downloaded a cheat sheet onto my phone) but the justification you wrote above was that she was below half her wounds.  I haven't been looking stuff  up because of the vasectomy impairing mobility (despite which my wife too me to two kids' birthday parties today and I had to exert myself in a way my doctor said not to, to keep my son from accidentally killing himself multiple times on the playground, I'm now at home hurting). 

Edit: not meant to sound argumentative.  Just complaining because I do that when I'm not feeling good.

Edited by EliasWindrider

No problem. Part of the issue is that some people count the Wounds taken while others count current Wounds, which results in counting in different directions up/down (if that makes sense) for the same ultimate result.

And you have my sympathies for not being able to recuperate in peace.

Let's have a little fun with a Grenade Launcher. Ker'see will stim herself  to heal 5 wounds for 1st man. 2nd will Use True Aim and shoot at the next droid group with most droids in it.

Grenade!: 2eP+4eA+1eB+2eD 3 successes, 4 advantage
p-s-a.pngp-a.pnga-a.pnga-s-a.pnga-s-a.pnga-s-s.pngb--.pngd-f-f.pngd-th.png

Will use 2 advantages to trigger blast of the grenade. Two to recover two strain. But there will be 13 damage to the group and 10 to the others (Blast 7 + 3 success).

As incidentals will drop launcher and quick draw the lightsaber.

That looks like a very solid hit! :)

@EliasWindrider Mireska's CTs will be using Condor's original (rolled) initiative slot. I have no overview of which droid groups are still extant - particularly the first group which will be right after Ker'see this round (if they're still functioning).

If I’ve done my math right, the rival is down, there’s two groups of four left after Condor’s autofire, Ker’see just demolished the group of 5, and the grenade from balyeg squad dropped the last group of 6 down to 1 droid.

2 groups of 4, and a single droid, one of which goes before the CT’s.

14 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Let's have a little fun with a Grenade Launcher. Ker'see will stim herself  to heal 5 wounds for 1st man. 2nd will Use True Aim and shoot at the next droid group with most droids in it.

Will use 2 advantages to trigger blast of the grenade. Two to recover two strain. But there will be 13 damage to the group and 10 to the others (Blast 7 + 3 success).

Blast causes the damage to be applied to every minion in a group instead of only one minion in the group.  It doesn't cause damage to be applied to different minion groups.  Rule of thumb is 1 grenade with blast kills 1 minion group.  Thermal detonator with blast kills every minion in short range.

7 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

If I’ve done my math right, the rival is down, there’s two groups of four left after Condor’s autofire, Ker’see just demolished the group of 5, and the grenade from balyeg squad dropped the last group of 6 down to 1 droid.

2 groups of 4, and a single droid, one of which goes before the CT’s.

Close... there's a peculiar rule that damage alone can't kill more than 1 minion in a single hit, a crit let's you kill a second.  Blast applies the damage to each member of the group instead of 1 members in the group (kills all)

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

Close... there's a peculiar rule that damage alone can't kill more than 1 minion in a single hit, a crit let's you kill a second.  Blast applies the damage to each member of the group instead of 1 members in the group (kills all)

In that case, I believe that means there's two groups of 5 left?

Edit: I'm growing more curious about that rule, as the more I think about it, the more I don't remember ever seeing it played that way. How would that even work if only one minion could die? I'm just thinking, Condor dealt 14 damage with pierce 1 on his rifle attack, meaning that after the 3 soak, he'd deal 11 damage to the group, which would be enough to kill 2 droids with a damage on top. That would leave the minion group with 19 health, unless you're saying that 6 of that damage is just lost.

Edited by ShockHelix

Okay, so we're waiting on the first droid goup, then Mireska's CTs, then the rest of the droids.

Plus whatever's happening with regard to the engineering group in the hangar.

Edited by Bellona

3 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

Edit: I'm growing more curious about that rule, as the more I think about it, the more I don't remember ever seeing it played that way. How would that even work if only one minion could die? I'm just thinking, Condor dealt 14 damage with pierce 1 on his rifle attack, meaning that after the 3 soak, he'd deal 11 damage to the group, which would be enough to kill 2 droids with a damage on top. That would leave the minion group with 19 health, unless you're saying that 6 of that damage is just lost.

I understood damage to be rolled over and multiple minions could be killed in a single attack as it isn't a single blaster bolt or saber swipe but multiple attacks the character is making on their turn.

11 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

Yes 2 groups of 5 left.

I believe that is the intention of the rule however losing 2 damage would satisfy the letter of the law.

Edit: that may have been a house rule (not stated to be a house rule) in the first ffg game I played in,  I usually haven't run what I thought was RAW because I didn't like it but was trying to go more by the book this time, I will investigate.

Edited by EliasWindrider

11 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Yes 2 groups of 5 left.

I believe that is the intention of the rule however losing 2 damage would satisfy the letter of the law.

Edit: that may have been a house rule (not stated to be a house rule) in the first ffg game I played in,  I usually haven't run what I thought was RAW because I didn't like it but was trying to go more by the book this time, I will investigate.

There is the phrase "minions die one at a time" (might be paraphrasing since I checked this morning before "running" out the door) but despite that it seems @ShockHelix was correct, the surviving minion groups have 4 minions left.

2 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

There is the phrase "minions die one at a time" (might be paraphrasing since I checked this morning before "running" out the door) but despite that it seems @ShockHelix was correct, the surviving minion groups have 4 minions left.

In addition , I believe that there’s a single minion left in the group of 6 as well.

to “show my work” as it were, the 6 minions have 4 soak and 5 wounds, for a total group health of 30. The grenade applies to them individually, for 7 damage (Blast 6 + 1 success) meaning they each take 3 damage (3x6=18). The grenade itself dealt 10 damage, so there should be one minion remaining with 2 wounds. (10+18 = 28 of the 30 total)

On 10/28/2019 at 12:59 PM, MrTInce said:

Will you be making an IC post?

After the first droid group goes (or is declared destroyed), we get to Mireska's CTs ...

They're still in cover (Ranged Defence 1).

They Aim for +1 Boost. (Manoeuvre)

They shoot at a droid group at Medium range (2 Difficulty) with their DC-15A blaster carbines, using Autofire (+1 Difficulty). (Action)

Mireska's CTs shoot at droids w. Autofire: 3eP+1eB+3eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-a-a.pngb-s.pngd-f-th.pngd-th.pngd-th.png

Not enough Advantages for Autofire, so damage is 9 + 2 = 11 (with Pierce 1).

That single Advantage is used to give +1 Boost the next active allied character ... which is whoever takes slot 1 in the next round.

... The CTs really miss the rest of their squad (those two extra Ability dice would have been useful).

2 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Thought I had but it failed to save. It is up there now.

Great! :) 

Just one thing: we're not in the hangar but in a hallway just beyond the sliced airlock.

(It's the engineering group that's in the hangar. Or should be soon.)

Edited by Bellona

On 10/30/2019 at 6:41 AM, Bellona said:

After the first droid group goes (or is declared destroyed), we get to Mireska's CTs ...

They're still in cover (Ranged Defence 1).

They Aim for +1 Boost. (Manoeuvre)

They shoot at a droid group at Medium range (2 Difficulty) with their DC-15A blaster carbines, using Autofire (+1 Difficulty). (Action)

Mireska's CTs shoot at droids w. Autofire: 3eP+1eB+3eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-a-a.pngb-s.pngd-f-th.pngd-th.pngd-th.png

Not enough Advantages for Autofire, so damage is 9 + 2 = 11 (with Pierce 1).

That single Advantage is used to give +1 Boost the next active allied character ... which is whoever takes slot 1 in the next round.

... The CTs really miss the rest of their squad (those two extra Ability dice would have been useful).

I've just posted in the IC thread the results from the above post. I'm assuming that the damage was enough to bring down the lone straggler droid, so that now there are only two groups left.