1 minute ago, Bellona said:

If it's a "free, immediate attack" that they just made, then it sounds to me like the ARCs get to make their regular attack during their own inititiative slot.

They would, except they’re in a squad now. The third paragraph on RotS 136 says “These minions are now members of the character’s squad or squadron and no longer receive a turn in combat, and therefore cannot take independent actions or perform maneuvers or incidentals, and do not generate initiative slots (any initiative slots they previously generated remain available for their side.)”

1 minute ago, ShockHelix said:

They would, except they’re in a squad now. The third paragraph on RotS 136 says “These minions are now members of the character’s squad or squadron and no longer receive a turn in combat, and therefore cannot take independent actions or perform maneuvers or incidentals, and do not generate initiative slots (any initiative slots they previously generated remain available for their side.)”

Excellent! :)

That means that Mireska's CTs get to use that slot instead, which in turn means that the entire bridge group gets to go before the droids get their first attack.

Cutting and pasting from the "jumping the gun just in case" post from above (with some struck out sections due to a correction/irrelevancy) for when Mireska's CTs take the ARCs' original initiative slot:

If we get as far Mireska's CTs before I'm back on-line ...

... They will take cover (for Ranged Defence 1) and shoot some droids ...

Mireska's CTs shooting (autofire) at Short range: 3eP+1eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-s.pngp-a-a.pngp-s.pngd-th.png

... for 11 Damage (Pierce 1).

If the CTs somehow get one two or more Advantages from any source, they can activate Autofire with 2 Advantages total (I forgot that an Auto-Fire attempt has to be declared beforehand, and adds +1 Difficulty). Criticals happen on 3 Advantages.

That should be enough to eliminate one droid group, correct?

ETA

Whoops, when I made the original "jumping the gun" post I'd assumed that the nearest droid group was at Short range, not Medium. Here'e the missing Difficulty die roll ...

Missing Difficulty die for Mireska's CTs: 1eD 0 successes, 1 threat
d-th.png

So their final result was just 2 Successes. Same damage, and they hadn't used the Advantage anyway.

Edited by Bellona

Then cutting and pasting from that same post for when Mireska takes her CTs' original initiative slot:

Mireska's action will most likely be to activate her shield (and lightsabre if not already done so) and use the Protect power on herself ...

Protect power on Mireska: 2eP+1eA+2eD+4eF 1 threat, 4 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
p-s.pngp-a.pnga-a.pngd-f-th.pngd-th-th.pngf-ds.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ls-ls.png

... unsuccessfully ...

So that was an incidental (activate the shield), another two incidentals (Quick Draw the lightsabre and activate it), and an action (Protect's failed skill attempt and therefore irrelevant Force power check).

The failed skill attempt activates Mireska's Will of the Force talent (RotSep p. 43) as an incidental. "Once per round after failing a skill check, the character may convert one Dark Side Destiny Point to a Light Side Destiny Point." (Note: this is a direct conversion, no benefits to the DS from this.) *

Which is counter-acted by me flipping a LS DP in order to upgrade the difficulty of the next in-coming attack on Mireska as she prepares to use Reflect to protect both herself and her CTs (via Circle of Shelter, followed up by Guardian of the Republic).

I'm open to suggestions about using a manoeuvre for anything useful.

* This must be why the Sith hate the Jedi - too many Light Side DPs! :) More seriously, I hope that this talent doesn't turn out to be broken.

Edited by Bellona

2 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

Alright so, first in the turn Condor will draw his ICWS Blaster with quick draw, and then activate autofire to try and take out the one droid left standing and maybe a few others.

Attack on the 'Blast Them' Droid: 5eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 0 successes, 9 advantage
p-a-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-a-a.pnga-s.pngb-s-a.pngd-f-f.pngd-th.pngd-f.png

Wow. . .  Well in that case, I'll spend two of the advantage to get an extra free maneuver, three advantage to shoot the gun out of the last droid in that groups hands, three advantage to change the squad's formation to dug in, and 1 advantage to notice an important detail - specifically I'm looking for something I might be able to shoot that might blow up near the droids, seal them off from us, or suck them into space.

I'll use that extra free maneuver to get Condor into cover for the +1 ranged defense.

Then with the free attack from that Triumph the squad gets, I'm going to have O-3 attack with his flamethrower at the closest group of droids that isn't the ones that already got hit.

Flamethrower Attack: 3eP+1eA+2eD 4 successes
p-s-a.pngp-s.pngp-s-s.pnga-s.pngd-f-th.pngd--.png

13 damage to that group, not able to activate burn or blast unfortunately. On the plus side, I think the Commandos initiative slot is now free since they don't take their own turn anymore?

There's nothing that useful near them and you need to go through them to get to the bridge.  The. Flame thrower attack kills 1 droid and damages another.  You can describe it in the ic thread. 

Edited by EliasWindrider

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Cutting and pasting from the "jumping the gun just in case" post from above (with some struck out sections due to a correction/irrelevancy) for when Mireska's CTs take the ARCs' original initiative slot:

If we get as far Mireska's CTs before I'm back on-line ...

... They will take cover (for Ranged Defence 1) and shoot some droids ...

Mireska's CTs shooting (autofire) at Short range: 3eP+1eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-s.pngp-a-a.pngp-s.pngd-th.png

... for 11 Damage (Pierce 1).

If the CTs somehow get one two or more Advantages from any source, they can activate Autofire with 2 Advantages total (I forgot that an Auto-Fire attempt has to be declared beforehand, and adds +1 Difficulty). Criticals happen on 3 Advantages.

That should be enough to eliminate one droid group, correct?

It kills 1 droid in the group and damages another.  Blast applies the base damage to each/every minion in the group.

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Then cutting and pasting from that same post for when Mireska takes her CTs' original initiative slot:

Mireska's action will most likely be to activate her shield (and lightsabre if not already done so) and use the Protect power on herself ...

Protect power on Mireska: 2eP+1eA+2eD+4eF 1 threat, 4 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
p-s.pngp-a.pnga-a.pngd-f-th.pngd-th-th.pngf-ds.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ls-ls.png

... unsuccessfully ...

So that was an incidental (activate the shield), another two incidentals (Quick Draw the lightsabre and activate it), and an action (Protect's failed skill attempt and therefore irrelevant Force power check).

The failed skill attempt activates Mireska's Will of the Force talent (RotSep p. 43) as an incidental. "Once per round after failing a skill check, the character may convert one Dark Side Destiny Point to a Light Side Destiny Point." *

Which is counter-acted by me flipping a LS DP in order to upgrade the difficulty of the next in-coming attack on Mireska as she prepares to use Reflect to protect both herself and her CTs (via Circle of Shelter, followed up by Guardian of the Republic).

I'm open to suggestions about using a manoeuvre for anything useful.

* This must be why the Sith hate the Jedi - too many Light Side DPs! :) More seriously, I hope that this talent doesn't turn out to be broken.

Good use of talents

@EliasWindrider

I've edited the IC post to show that Mireska's CTs only reduced one droid group, and corrected the OOC post for the same attack (the range was incorrect, but ultimately made no difference).

I take it that Mireska is nowhere near enough to Ker'see to attempt a Reflect to help her?

It seems to me that some of the droid groups have one more green die than they should. A single B1 has GG, five B1s have GGYY.

I did flip a DP to upgrade the difficulty of one attack on Mireska, so one of the purple dice in the attack against her should have been a red Challenge die instead. I'll wait with dealing with the OOT Reflect, etc. until I know what the attack result is with the Challenge die. (Theoretically it could actually improve the attack's results.)

Edited by Bellona
Wording, paragraph order, corrections.

@Bellona

Five groups of 6, I think the dice are correct? (Minus your challenge die). The 2 proficiency roll would be the one Ker’see hit with the Ion grenade. The one at 2P 2A is the one the Commandos damaged. And then from the sound of the IC bit, it sounds like the Supervisor Droid made use of the ‘Coordinate and Confuse’ maneuver, I think, for the focus fire on Ker’see, maybe?

Also, with Ker’see unconscious, that first slot opens up now that we’re in the next round. Would you like to go first this time or would you prefer I did?

33 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

@Bellona

Five groups of 6, I think the dice are correct? (Minus your challenge die). The 2 proficiency roll would be the one Ker’see hit with the Ion grenade. The one at 2P 2A is the one the Commandos damaged. And then from the sound of the IC bit, it sounds like the Supervisor Droid made use of the ‘Coordinate and Confuse’ maneuver, I think, for the focus fire on Ker’see, maybe?

Also, with Ker’see unconscious, that first slot opens up now that we’re in the next round. Would you like to go first this time or would you prefer I did?

Groups of 6 does indeed explain the extra green die (I had understood it as being groups of 4, or 5 if the supervisor was squadded up).

You are welcome to go first, both Condor and the ARCs (if you decide to split from the squad formation).

Mireska's CTs will of course be shooting from cover, and I suspect that she'll be trying to use Heal on Ker'see.

Edited by Bellona

1 hour ago, MrTInce said:

I'd hate to ask but what is the crit?

Isn't the target supposed to roll the percentile dice for that?

Assuming that the Force dice don't mess up, Ker'see will probably be conscious next turn, maybe in time to do some more damage.

Edited by Bellona

9 hours ago, Bellona said:

@EliasWindrider

I've edited the IC post to show that Mireska's CTs only reduced one droid group, and corrected the OOC post for the same attack (the range was incorrect, but ultimately made no difference).

I take it that Mireska is nowhere near enough to Ker'see to attempt a Reflect to help her?

It seems to me that some of the droid groups have one more green die than they should. A single B1 has GG, five B1s have GGYY.

I did flip a DP to upgrade the difficulty of one attack on Mireska, so one of the purple dice in the attack against her should have been a red Challenge die instead. I'll wait with dealing with the OOT Reflect, etc. until I know what the attack result is with the Challenge die. (Theoretically it could actually improve the attack's results.)

5 groups of 6 minions, therefore 5 skill ranks, the one that had 4 dice only had 5 members => 4 ranks, The supervisor battle droid is a rival not a minion and has 2 skill ranks (and agility 2) hence 2 yellow dice.  I'll let you use reflect on the last hit that Ker'see took because it took you some time to get to her.

Didn't use coordinate and confuse.  He's got 1 wound left and I don't think it's worth the effort.

Challenge die: 1eC 0 successes, 1 threat
c-th.png.  Replacing the last purple (2 threat => 1 threat)

8 hours ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

I’d imagine that we should take advantage of the droids confusion and come out firing to catch them by surprise. @vandarl What do you think?

@EliasWindriderWhat kind of weapons does the stealth ship have? 

Based on it's canon appearance, it can fire a volley of proton torpedoes (linked 3) while cloaked.

8 hours ago, Bellona said:

At this point it sounds like the stealth vessel's best option - after unloading the engineering group - is to get the heck out of Dodge.

I agree.

Alright, time to make some moves. Condor's gonna be emboldened by seeing Ker'see get hit, so he's going to run out of cover and close on the droids (Medium to Short with his Maneuver), and disband the squad (incidental) so they can take their own turn (sacrificing dug in, putting his ranged defense back down to 1.)

Then, he's going to make an autofire attack against the remaining droid (still two hands).

Kill that Clanker: 5eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes, 4 advantage
p-s-s.pngp-s-a.pngp-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-s.pnga-a.pngd-f-f.pngd-th.png

Alright, that's 14 damage + Pierce 1, and he's going to spend the 4 advantage to make two additional hits with auto fire, one each on two of the three minion groups of 6.

Next, as an Incidental, we're going to flip a LSDP for Condor to activate Unmatched Work. For his Incidental assist maneuver, he's going to assist the rest of Balyeg squad on their next attack, giving them an automatic Triumph and removing a setback on their next check.

He's also going to suffer two strain to take a second maneuver this turn, and assist Mireska on her next check as well, so she gets a Triumph and removes a setback on her check. That's all Condor is doing.

Taking the next initiative slot as well, Balyeg squad is going to use a maneuver to get into cover themselves (ranged defense up to +2), then make an attack against the last minion group of 6, using Boomstick's CSPL to fire a frag grenade. They'd remove a setback, but there isn't any.

Boomstick Grenade Shot: 3eP+1eA+2eD 2 successes
p-s-a.pngp-s.pngp-s-a.pnga--.pngd-f-th.pngd-th.png

It's a hit, and that frag is going to deal 10 damage to group, and with the automatic Triumph, we're going to activate that Blast 6 on the attack as well, and Boomstick is down to two grenades left in his grenade launcher.

Edited by ShockHelix

4 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

I'll let you use reflect on the last hit that Ker'see took because it took you some time to get to her.

Cool.

Third hit on Ker'see is Reflected by Mireska (using Circle of Shelter). Damage = 10 (original) - 3 (Mireska's Reflect) - 4 (Ker'see's Soak) = 3 damage gets through to Ker'see on that last hit.

And if my math is correct, Ker'see only took 16 Wounds total from those three attacks (11-4=7, 10-4=6, 10-3-4= 3; 7+6+3=16) and therefore is still conscious and did not take a critical injury from going beyond her WT (which is 17). Not mention she's still standing and still holding her weapon.

Mireska takes 3 Strain for that OOT incidental.

Mireska Reflects the attack on herself. Damage = 10 (original) - 3 (Mireska's Reflect) - 4 (Mireska's Soak) = 3 damage gets through to Mireska from that attack.

Mireska takes another 3 Strain for that OOT incidental, for a total of 6 Strain so far.

Edited by Bellona

3 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Cool.

Third hit on Ker'see is Reflected by Mireska (using Circle of Shelter). Damage = 10 (original) - 3 (Mireska's Reflect) - 4 (Ker'see's Soak) = 3 damage gets through to Ker'see on that last hit.

And if my math is correct, Ker'see only took 16 Wounds total from those three attacks and therefore is still conscious and did not take a critical injury from going beyond her WT. Not mention still standing and still holding her weapon.

Mireska takes 3 Strain for that OOT incidental.

Mireska Reflects the attack on herself. Damage = 10 (original) - 3 (Mireska's Reflect) - 4 (Mireska's Soak) = 3 damage gets through to Mireska from that attack.

Mireska takes another 3 Strain for that OOT incidental, for a total of 6 Strain so far.

Thank you.

On 10/27/2019 at 8:00 PM, ShockHelix said:

He's also going to suffer two strain to take a second maneuver this turn, and assist Mireska on her next check as well, so she gets a Triumph and removes a setback on her check. That's all Condor is doing.

Very kind of you, good sir! :) 

That means that Mireska should do a Medicine skill check for first aid on Ker'see (the Triumph plus Setback-removal would have no effect on a Heal power check unless Mireska was trying to both Heal wounds and remove a critical at the same time). (If there hadn't been someone in need of medical attention, then that Triumph would have been great for the skill check portion of the Protect power.)

... So on her turn (assuming that Ker'see is willing to let Mireska go before her) ...

Mireska - who is now standing close to Ker'see because of the Reflect - drops her lightsabre (incidental).

She turns off her personal shield (incidental). (I'm pretty sure that using a physician's kit for first aid requires two hands free, not just one.)

She Quick Draws her physician's kit (incidental).

She makes a Medicine skill check vs. Average difficulty (b/c K's below half her WT), using the kit's Boost and free Advantage, plus Condor's Triumph, plus a Flow power check to regain Strain herself (action).

She puts away her physician's kit (manoeuvre).

She turns on her shield (incidental).

She then recovers her weapon via the magnetic weapon tether (incidental), ready to Reflect more attacks after her turn.

(And is almost surprised that she's not out of breath after that long list of things done.)

Mireska's Medicine (first aid) on Ker'see w. phys.kit, plus Flow power: 4eP+1eB+2eD+4eF 1 success, 3 advantage, 2 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
p-s.pngp-s-a.pngp-s.pngp-s.pngb-a-a.pngd-f-f.pngd-f.pngf-ls.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ls.png

That was not a great skill check, but I don't want to spend my Natural Doctor just yet (it's a 1/session talent) and it did actually succeed.

Medicine (first aid) result on Ker'see: 2 Successes (1+1 Triumph) + 4 Advantages (3+1 from the physician's kit) = 6 Wounds healed (2 Successes +4 from Surgeon 4) for Ker'see, 2 Strain recovered (2 from Physician 2) for Ker'see, 4 Strain recovered for Mireska (if I can use the extra Advantages like that)

Flow power result on Mireska: 2 LS pips = 2 more Strain recovered for Mireska.

@MrTInce  Ker'see: 6 Wounds healed, 10 still taken; 2 (all) Strain recovered.

Mireska: 3 Wounds still taken; 6 (all) Strain recovered.

... I'm not sure what I can use the actual Triumph part for (the success part of the Triumph was the more important part in this case).

ETA The Triumph part of the Triumph will be used to give Ker'see an upgrade to her next attack.

Edited by Bellona