23 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@Bellona Mireska will be up next, do you want to change what you said you were going to do?

I will admit to a "Yikes!" reaction about the number of approaching droids. Unfortunately Mireska gains no benefit from cover (she already has MD 4/RD 4 when the shield is up), so it doesn't make sense for her to take the otherwise sensible manoeuvre of taking cover. That leaves playing human (mirialan) target or doing something else.

Couple of questions first ...

1) What is the range to the various groups of droids?

2) Do we know how to identify B1 Supervisors?

Edited by Bellona

I'm assuming that any action or manoeuvre taken that requires a Force check will use the roll that I already made, ditto if it requires a Discipline (Average) check. And that the same goes for Mireska's CTs.

Another question ...

3) Can Mireska exchange initiative slots with her CTs this round? In general, are we using the RAW slot-exchanging rule?

One reason for asking is that I'm wondering if it would make more tactical sense to let @ShockHelix 's Condor take Mireska's slot.

Edited by Bellona

24 minutes ago, Bellona said:

I will admit to a "Yikes!" reaction about the number of approaching droids. Unfortunately Mireska gains no benefit from cover (she already has MD 4/RD 4 when the shield is up), so it doesn't make sense for her to take the otherwise sensible manoeuvre of taking cover. That leaves playing human (mirialan) target or doing something else.

Couple of questions first ...

1) What is the range to the various groups of droids?

2) Do we know how to identify B1 Supervisors?

Cover is not defense.  Defense is limited to 4 setbacks, additional setbacks that are not defense can apply.  Btw there are 5 minion groups of 6 battle droids, and a Sergeant/supervisor rival.  Each battle droid other than the rival said "roger roger" leading to 60 rogers.  All droids within medium, you don't know how to identify the supervisor by sight but one droid said blast them and as I said... he's squaded up.

Edited by EliasWindrider

11 minutes ago, Bellona said:

I'm assuming that any action or manoeuvre taken that requires a Force check will use the roll that I already made, ditto if it requires a Discipline (Average) check. And that the same goes for Mireska's CTs.

Another question ...

3) Can Mireska exchange initiative slots with her CTs this round? In general, are we using the RAW slot exchanging rule?

One reason for asking is that I'm wondering if it would make more tactical sense to let @ShockHelix 's Condor take Mireska's slot.

If you want to use those rolls it's cool.

3) yes you can swap turns if both parties agree but by default the highest roll goes first unless they choose to swap.

Edited by EliasWindrider

2 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Cover is not defense.  Defense is limited to 4 setbacks, additional setbacks that are not defense can apply.  Btw there are 5 minion groups of 6 battle droids, and a Sergeant/supervisor rival.  Each battle droid other than the rival said "roger roger" leading to 60 rogers.

... According to FaD p. 208 (Taking Cover variant on Interacting with Environment manoeuvre), the character gains "ranged defence 1", not a generic Setback die. Unless you want to house rule it otherwise.

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

... According to FaD p. 208 (Taking Cover variant on Interacting with Environment manoeuvre), the character gains "ranged defence 1", not a generic Setback die. Unless you want to house rule it otherwise.

Ok I've been playing it wrong then.  We'll go with RAW.  By the way since your portable plasma shield was modded so much it could be the size of a gungan energy shield from the phantom menace.

Edited by EliasWindrider

6 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

If you want to use those rolls it's cool.

3) yes you can swap turns if both parties agree but by default the highest role goes first unless they choose to swap.

@ShockHelix Do you want to let Condor take Mireska's slot in the initiative this round (slot #2)?

Then Mireska's CTs can use their own slot this round (last before the droids), and Mireska can use Condor's original slot this round (after the droids).

Edited by Bellona

Just now, ShockHelix said:

@Bellona works for me!

Then this round you go after Ker'see.

Mireska will have to take her CT's slot in order to activate her shield (and her lightsabre too if it's not already activated) before the droids attack.

Mireska's CTs will then take Condor's slot this round (after the droids)

12 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Ok I've been playing it wrong then.  We'll go with RAW.  By the way since your portable plasma shield was modded so much it could be the size of a gungan energy shield from the phantom menace.

Visually that doesn't appeal to me - it sounds/looks like it would be more cumbersome/difficult to use her weapon. I'd be more comfortable with the mental image of a smaller shield which is then easier to move around to defend in whichever direction is needed. (As far as I can see there are no special consequences to either choice.)

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

Visually that doesn't appeal to me - it sounds/looks like it would be more cumbersome/difficult to use her weapon. I'd be more comfortable with the mental image of a smaller shield which is then easier to move around to defend in whichever direction is needed. (As far as I can see there are no special consequences to either choice.)

You could also consider the combat shield from battlefront 2 then.

10 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

You could also consider the combat shield from battlefront 2 then.

I know that that's a computer game, but I have not played it so I have no idea what that shield would look like. :)

Edited by Bellona

Okay let's shoot up the guy who said to shoot us. Will take the True Aim maneuver and blast with the grenade launcher using the 1st of 6 ion grenades, with the boost from quick strike. 

Blasting some battle droids: 2eP+4eA+2eB+2eD 0 successes, 4 advantage
p-s-a.pngp-s-a.pnga-a.pnga-s.pnga-a.pnga--.pngb--.pngb--.pngd-f-f.pngd-f.png

Will use three advantages to trigger blast dealing 7 ion to each in that and the next to pass a boost onto the next character.

Will spend two strain to take cover.

1 minute ago, EliasWindrider said:

Only the droid that said "blast them"

Nice shot @MrTInce

With Condor's free maneuver, let's go for a leadership check to squad up, upgraded once for the Clone Inhibitor Chip they have.

Squad Up Targeting Commandos: 3eP+1eA 4 successes, 1 Triumph
p-s.pngp-s.pngp-tr.pnga-s.png

And because I forgot the difficulty (gotta get used to using Orokos.)

Forgot the Difficulty Dice: 1eD 2 failures
d-f-f.png

And that comes out to 2 success and 1 Triumph. 

@EliasWindrider

Can I use that Triumph to have them make the free, immediate attack from the squad table?

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

However ... when squadded up the Dug In squad formation appears to add a generic Setback "which can stack with other defensive bonuses, such as cover". That might be the source of any confusion, as it looks like that Setback would stack with MD/RD (even beyond MD/RD 4).

3 minutes ago, ShockHelix said:

Nice shot @MrTInce

With Condor's free maneuver, let's go for a leadership check to squad up, upgraded once for the Clone Inhibitor Chip they have.

Squad Up Targeting Commandos: 3eP+1eA 4 successes, 1 Triumph
p-s.pngp-s.pngp-tr.pnga-s.png

And because I forgot the difficulty (gotta get used to using Orokos.)

Forgot the Difficulty Dice: 1eD 2 failures
d-f-f.png

And that comes out to 2 success and 1 Triumph. 

@EliasWindrider

Can I use that Triumph to have them make the free, immediate attack from the squad table?

You don't need to roll for most orders.   It'd be more advantageous for you to shoot then issue the order as an incidental and squad up as a maneuver.

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

You don't need to roll for most orders.   It'd be more advantageous for you to shoot then issue the order as an incidental and squad up as a maneuver.

That’s what I was doing. It says to create a squad or squadron, I need to make an easy leadership check, so with the success Condor and the other Commandos are now squadded up. Then for the spending Triumph during squad and squadron combat, it says a Triumph can be used to order them into a new formation as an incidental, or “If leading a squad or squadron, the minion allies may make a free, immediate attack. Calculate this attack as if all the minions in the squad or squadron are an independent minion group. No minion group can have more then 5 ranks in a skill for the purposes of this attack, even if there are more then 5 minions.”

So with the Triumph generated by using the maneuver to have Condor create the squad, I’d like to go ahead and have them make that immediate attack. I just wasn’t sure if that was allowed, since technically the roll was to create the squad, and wasn’t made while he was already leading them as a squad.

2 hours ago, ShockHelix said:

That’s what I was doing. It says to create a squad or squadron, I need to make an easy leadership check, so with the success Condor and the other Commandos are now squadded up. Then for the spending Triumph during squad and squadron combat, it says a Triumph can be used to order them into a new formation as an incidental, or “If leading a squad or squadron, the minion allies may make a free, immediate attack. Calculate this attack as if all the minions in the squad or squadron are an independent minion group. No minion group can have more then 5 ranks in a skill for the purposes of this attack, even if there are more then 5 minions.”

So with the Triumph generated by using the maneuver to have Condor create the squad, I’d like to go ahead and have them make that immediate attack. I just wasn’t sure if that was allowed, since technically the roll was to create the squad, and wasn’t made while he was already leading them as a squad.

Yeah it's allowed.  Go ahead.

Alright so, first in the turn Condor will draw his ICWS Blaster with quick draw, and then activate autofire to try and take out the one droid left standing and maybe a few others.

Attack on the 'Blast Them' Droid: 5eP+1eA+1eB+3eD 0 successes, 9 advantage
p-a-a.pngp-s-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-a-a.pngp-a-a.pnga-s.pngb-s-a.pngd-f-f.pngd-th.pngd-f.png

Wow. . .  Well in that case, I'll spend two of the advantage to get an extra free maneuver, three advantage to shoot the gun out of the last droid in that groups hands, three advantage to change the squad's formation to dug in, and 1 advantage to notice an important detail - specifically I'm looking for something I might be able to shoot that might blow up near the droids, seal them off from us, or suck them into space.

I'll use that extra free maneuver to get Condor into cover for the +1 ranged defense.

Then with the free attack from that Triumph the squad gets, I'm going to have O-3 attack with his flamethrower at the closest group of droids that isn't the ones that already got hit.

Flamethrower Attack: 3eP+1eA+2eD 4 successes
p-s-a.pngp-s.pngp-s-s.pnga-s.pngd-f-th.pngd--.png

13 damage to that group, not able to activate burn or blast unfortunately. On the plus side, I think the Commandos initiative slot is now free since they don't take their own turn anymore?