Is the stealth vessel capable of maintaining its stealth mode while its airlock is open?

My thought is that the first "stop" could be near the bridge in order to let Mireska - and maybe some others - out (by opening an airlock facing in the direction opposite to the bridge). She could set some charges with some combination of timer and signal activation and then get back on board the stealth vessel for a drop off at the airlock closest to the Invincible's bridge with the rest of the bridge group as originally planned.

This way we have the option of having some charges go off even if we're not 100% successful with an "internal/shipboard" approach to the bridge. (I'm thinking of the opening scenes from Phantom Menace; if the emergency bulkheads/doors to the bridge are dropped, then an internal approach will be more difficult.)

Unless one or more of the MIA players chip in, it looks as though we're evenly split between ShockHelix' options A and C, with our tie-breaker going for a combination of A and C. :D

I could support that combination of A and C if the pilots left on board the stealth vessel understand that their top priority is keeping that ship safe. This includes keeping an eye out for the same kind of ambush that took down Jinn and Kenobi's diplomatic ship at the start of the Phantom Menace, or any kind of activity that could create gunfire/an explosion in that "apparently empty" hangar. If it becomes necessary, then the stealth vessel skedaddles and we'll find alternative transportation down to Christophsis.

14 hours ago, Bellona said:

Is the stealth vessel capable of maintaining its stealth mode while its airlock is open?

My thought is that the first "stop" could be near the bridge in order to let Mireska - and maybe some others - out (by opening an airlock facing in the direction opposite to the bridge). She could set some charges with some combination of timer and signal activation and then get back on board the stealth vessel for a drop off at the airlock closest to the Invincible's bridge with the rest of the bridge group as originally planned.

This way we have the option of having some charges go off even if we're not 100% successful with an "internal/shipboard" approach to the bridge. (I'm thinking of the opening scenes from Phantom Menace; if the emergency bulkheads/doors to the bridge are dropped, then an internal approach will be more difficult.)

If the stealth worked that way they'd still be able to see you through the ship when you were planting the charges.

6 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

If the stealth worked that way they'd still be able to see you through the ship when you were planting the charges.

Point taken.

It looks like the only EVA will be when we slice/pick the airlock (barring involuntary incidents).

With that in mind, I'll ditch the flight suit completely (possibly taking a breather mask for show). Plus whatever charges that the reduced encumbrance will allow me.

No, you're quite right - it was at the beginning of September in the Misc thread. Sorry about that - my brain must have been fried too (it was something like 3 in the morning for me when I asked that question).

Actually, I'd only checked the OOC thread ... I must remember to keep an eye on the Misc thread too. >__< 

Edited by Bellona

Okay ... Are we at the point where we should roll Initiative for the bridge group?

And presumably the engineering group needs to be dropped off in the hangar.

2 hours ago, Bellona said:

Okay ... Are we at the point where we should roll Initiative for the bridge group?

And presumably the engineering group needs to be dropped off in the hangar.

Because of the triumph I'll handwave the slicer droid getting the airlock open and you inside.  Yes to initiative checks.

@vandarl @AnomalousAuthor how do you want the hanger to be run... I'm figuring because of the bridge crew they'd be on high alert... there was a hanger with the doors open only magnetic fields holding in atmosphere 

Please note: I'm going to be AFK the rest of the night plus tomorrow morning and afternoon (CET), as RL makes its demands.

Assuming that the Initiative check will be Vigilance (GGG for Mireska), I made the following Orakos roll:

Initiative (Vigilance) w. Foresee power: 3eA+4eF 1 success, 1 advantage, 4 Light Side, 2 Dark Side
a-s.pnga-a.pnga--.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ls-ls.png

(If the check is supposed to be Cool, then it would have been YGG for Mireska.)

In any case the result (when enhanced by the Foresee power) is: 5 Successes, 1 Advantage.

For Mireska's CTs ...

Mireska's 4 CTs Initiative (Vigilance): 3eP 3 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-s.pngp-s-a.pngp--.png

Edited by Bellona

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Vigilance (because of the surprise! droids) or Cool?

Take your pick.  Usually will be take you pick except when spring an ambush  (cool)/having an ambush  sprung on you (vigilance) or gunslinger quickdraws (cool) might be a few more special cases but I'll tell you when they come up... otherwise it's take your pick.

I'll stick with the Vigilance on this roll as the only difference is one Y or one G.

I'm about to post some "if/then" actions and dice rolls for Mireska and her CTs in the interest of not slowing things down while I'm AFK due to RL.

I know that this is jumping the gun a bit, but in the interest of not slowing things down while I'm AFK, I'll state that Mireska's action will most likely be to activate her shield (and lightsabre if not already done so) and use the Protect power on herself ...

Protect power on Mireska: 2eP+1eA+2eD+4eF 1 threat, 4 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
p-s.pngp-a.pnga-a.pngd-f-th.pngd-th-th.pngf-ds.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ls-ls.png

... unsuccessfully ...

(If the enemy got a shot in on her before her turn, then that would have likely been an OOT Reflect followed by an in-turn Heal instead - going by those 4 LS pips above, she would have recovered up to 11 Wounds and 11 Strain.)

... and otherwise use Reflect to protect either herself or her CTs (via Circle of Shelter, followed up by Guardian of the Republic)

If we get as far Mireska's CTs before I'm back on-line ...

... They will take cover (for Ranged Defence 1) and shoot some droids ...

Mireska's CTs shooting (autofire) at Short range: 3eP+1eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-s.pngp-a-a.pngp-s.pngd-th.png

... for 11 Damage (Pierce 1).

If the CTs somehow get one two or more Advantages from any source, they can activate Autofire with 2 Advantages total (I forgot that an Auto-Fire attempt has to be declared beforehand, and adds +1 Difficulty). Criticals happen on 3 Advantages.

Edited by Bellona

8 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Vigilance check:

Vigilance Check: 2eA+1eB+3eF 3 successes, 1 advantage, 2 Light Side, 3 Dark Side
a--.pnga-s-s.pngb-s-a.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ls-ls.png

WIll use two light side points bump it to fight advantages.

Initiative is determined by most number of triumphs with ties broken by most number of successes  with those ties broken by most number of advantages.  It would be more advantageous to use the lightside pips to purchase additional successes than advantages.

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

Initiative is determined by most number of triumphs with ties broken by most number of successes  with those ties broken by most number of advantages.  It would be more advantageous to use the lightside pips to purchase additional successes than advantages.

Sorry meant successes.

On 10/26/2019 at 7:16 PM, EliasWindrider said:

Can you post battle droid attributes and group skills so that I don't have to go get the book (because recovering from vasectomy)

B1 Battle Droid (Minion) as per RotSep p. 140

Brawn 2, Agility 2, Intellect 1, Cunning 1, Willpower 1, Presence 1

Soak 4, Wound Threshold 5, Melee Defence 0, Ranged Defence 0

Skills (group only): Gunnery, Ranged - Heavy, Ranged - Light

Talents: none

Abilities: Droid (no need to breathe, eat, or drink; can survive in vacuum and underwater, immune to poisons and toxins)

Equipment: Blaster Rifle (Ranged - Heavy, Damage 9, Critical 3, Range Long, Stun setting), Integrated Comlink

Edited by Bellona

2 minutes ago, Bellona said:

B1 Battle Droid (Minion) as per RotSep p. 140

Brawn 2, Agility 2, Intellect 1, Cunning 1, Willpower 1, Presence 1

Soak 4, Wound Threshold 5, Melee Defence 0, Ranged Defence 0

Skills (group only): Gunnery, Ranged - Heavy, Ranged - Light

Abilities: droid (no need to breathe, eat, or drink; can survive in vacuum and underwater, immune to poisons and toxins)

Equipment: Blaster Rifle ([Ranged - Heavy], Damage 9, Critical 3, Range Long, Stun setting), Integrated Comlink

What about a battle droid sergeant.

On 10/26/2019 at 7:32 PM, EliasWindrider said:

What about a battle droid sergeant.

B1 Supervisor Droid (Rival) as per CotR p. 142

Brawn 2, Agility 2, Intellect 2, Cunning 1, Willpower 1, Presence 1

Soak 4, Wound Threshold 8, Melee Defence 0, Ranged Defence 0

Skills: Command 3 (should this be Leadership instead?), Cool 2, Gunnery 2, Ranged - Heavy 2, Vigilance 1

Abilities: Droid (no need to breathe, eat, or drink; can survive in vacuum and underwater, immune to poisons and toxins), Coordinate and Confuse (once per round as a manoeuvre, the supervisor can command a minion group of droids within Long range to focus fire on a target visible to the supervisor and minion group, upgrading once the ability of the minion group's next combat check targeting that enemy, after which the droids become Disoriented for the remainder of the encounter; a minion group can only benefit from this ability once per encounter)

Equipment: E-5 Blaster Rifle ([Ranged- Heavy], Damage 9, Critical 3, Range Long, Stun setting), Mini Probe (upgrades once the difficulty of all Stealth checks targeting the supervisor or its allies in the encounter), Integrated Comlink

Edited by Bellona