On 9/17/2019 at 8:17 AM, MrTInce said:

Nice post Bellona.

Thank you. Ker'see didn't seem much interested in the logistical log-jam around the QM's office, so I didn't include her.

However, if her bow still has free hard points left and you're interested, she might be able to add the ascension gun attachment (uses up 1 hard point, costs 500 cr., and adds +1 encumbrance to the weapon).

Edited by Bellona

55 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Thank you. Ker'see didn't seem much interested in the logistical logjam around the QM's office, so I didn't include her.

However, if her bow still has free hard points left and you're interested, she might be able to add the ascension gun attachment (uses up 1 hard point, costs 500 cr., and adds +1 encumbrance to the weapon).

It's an idea but she likes to jump.

@MrTInce This is a very late reply from me, but maybe it'll prove useful (and hopefully not obnoxious) ...

On 8/11/2019 at 9:45 AM, MrTInce said:

2 lightside points:

http://orokos.com/roll/748496

(Sorry don't know how to insert BBcode)

On the line that starts with "Copy pasta", if you click the "bbcode" link then the page will automatically open up a small box with the necessary code already highlighted in blue within that box. Copy the blue-highlighted contents (using Ctrl+C while mousing over, for example), then paste it into the posting window here (using Ctrl+V, for example).

The result:

Destiny pool: 1eF 2 Light Side
f-ls-ls.png

The actual dice pictures won't show up until the post is submitted (although you can check it with the preview function).

23 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

My wife, I,  our 2 kids (the younger is 2 months and (almost) 5 days, the older is 2 years 1 month, 24 days... I'd tell you hours and minutes if we were talking in person), and my wife's parents are driving from Albuquerque to Denver on Thursday will be back Sunday night... so I am likely not going to be able to post that much this weekend.

RL sounds busy! :) 

Should we consider this campaign on hiatus until the coming Monday?

12 hours ago, Bellona said:

RL sounds busy! :) 

Should we consider this campaign on hiatus until the coming Monday?

If we put the campaign on hiatus it means no xp Monday.  But what are people waiting to see happen before they do their next post?  General question so we can get this unstuck?

I guess that Mireska and her four clones (Binary, Rain, Storm, and Cloud) are ready to gear up, board the stealth ship, fly over to the Invincible, check coms/synchronise watches, disembark from the stealth ship, make their way to the Invincible's bridge ... stealthily from the outside? ... and make it go BOOM. Presumably that will also affect the Invincible's weapons and coms, and cause enough chaos in the battle that the Republic forces will win this round.

At least one other clone squad and PC should go along with her.

The rest of the clones and PCs should go to the Invincible's engineering section to take out their hyperdrive at the very least. If we want to take the vessel as a prize, then we need to be sure that they can't just fly it away.

Both groups should find out if there is a secondary/back-up bridge, and if so, make that go BOOM too. Preferably with enough coordination so that the bridge and engineering groups don't blow each other up by accident.

Exfil ... pick up by stealth ship, based on encrypted locator beacons? We try to nab some escape pods on the Invincible? We try to grab a shuttle on the Invincible? Whatever works.

Is everyone else ready, and do you all want to divvy up the PCs to do the most damage?

It would be helpful to have at least one person in the Engineering group who has some knowledge of Mechanics (and possibly carrying their own SE-90 Structural Engineering Scanner [encumbrance 1] so that they know where to do the most damage with their explosive charges). Also an X5R Heavy Demolitions kit, to help avoid unpleasant surprises when playing with explosives.

Is everyone carrying at least one Shaped Charge or Destro-6 Demolition charge?

IIRC, I read somewhere in one of the many rulebooks/sourcebooks that spacesuits and vacuum-sealed armour included basic kits for temporarily repairing punctures, etc. caused by accidents and violent confrontations in vacuum.

Does anyone happen to know where that reference is, please?

Edited by Bellona

I’m really sorry everyone... finals r in 2 weeks and sch’s just been super busy. Had tuition and school for a total of 13 hours ystd, with only a 1 hr break in between(not included in the 13hrs). At this point, can you help me decide what equipment ethan should bring? @EliasWindrider, and i’ll just play him in ic. 

It looks like the bridge saboteurs will be Mireska, 4 clones, Ker'see, one slicer droid, and either Wraith's or Scrap's squad (leader plus 6 clones?).

That leaves the engineering section for Tinari, 4 clones, Ethan (IIRC, he has a good Mechanics skill), 4 clones, one slicer droid, and the other of Wraith's or Scrap's squad (leader plus  clones?).

Unless anyone wants to swap around?

Also, if my math is right, we could squeeze 4 more clones in to pad out some of the squads. (Aside from the crew, the stealth vessel can carry 30 breathing passengers.)

Edited by Bellona
AA corrected my math. :)

9 hours ago, Bellona said:

It looks like the bridge saboteurs will be Mireska, 4 clones, Ker'see, one slicer droid, and either Wraith's or Scrap's squad (leader plus 4 clones).

That leaves the engineering section for Tinari, 4 clones, Ethan (IIRC, he has a good Mechanics skill), 4 clones, one slicer droid, and the other of Wraith's or Scrap's squad (leader plus 4 clones).

Unless anyone wants to swap around?

Also, if my math is right, we could squeeze 4 more clones in to pad out some of the squads. (Aside from the crew, the stealth vessel can carry 30 breathing passengers.)

My squads have 6 clones each, Scrap included.

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Thank you. Then I don't need to worry about that point at least!

Wraith and squad will accompany you to the bridge. Scrap’s squad can join the assault on engineering.

Edit: Actually, it might be better if Wraith goes to engineering. He’s got 3 ranks in mechanics. But, I could imagine that being useful pretty much everywhere aboard ship. You Jedi can decide 😉

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

6 hours ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Wraith and squad will accompany you to the bridge. Scrap’s squad can join the assault on engineering.

Edit: Actually, it might be better if Wraith goes to engineering. He’s got 3 ranks in mechanics. But, I could imagine that being useful pretty much everywhere aboard ship. You Jedi can decide 😉

Aren't Wraith and Scrap identical in abilities, etc.?

According to their character sheets both Tinari and Ethan have good Mechanics skills. (Yes, meta-gaming a bit, but presumably we know a bit about each other's abilities since we've been assigned to the same Corps.) So if they both go to engineering then a bit more help on the bridge from the rest of the group is always welcome.

Edited by Bellona

9 hours ago, Bellona said:

Aren't Wraith and Scrap identical in abilities, etc.?

According to their character sheets both Tinari and Ethan have good Mechanics skills. (Yes, meta-gaming a bit, but presumably we know a bit about each other's abilities since we've been assigned to the same Corps.) So if they both go to engineering then a bit more help on the bridge from the rest of the group is always welcome.

Scrap is just a Clone SGT with a name. 

15 hours ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Scrap is just a Clone SGT with a name. 

Thanks for the clarification. For some reason I had it in mind that Scrap was Wraith's identical clone - also re character build - ready to step in (in Paranoia style) if something fatal happened to Wraith. :) 

Edited by Bellona

Just to touch base, but after the ship boarding action, we'll be heading directly down to the planet, as long as we don't all die, correct?

Bit of a followup, but are anti-vehicle weapons going to available planet-side or is that something we should bring with on the boarding action?

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

16 hours ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Just to touch base, but after the ship boarding action, we'll be heading directly down to the planet, as long as we don't all die, correct?

Bit of a followup, but are anti-vehicle weapons going to available planet-side or is that something we should bring with on the boarding action?

I think getting off the ship anyway possible might involve direct descent in escape pods.  The only allied troops on the ground are citizens of christophsis and senator Organo's personal guard (so given the timeline and he's on the tribunal it's probably clones and or senate commandos) so on the ground the issue would be surviving long enough for reinforcements from the republic fleet to get down, then you'll have whatever weapons you want.  Post in the ic thread to get 5 xp.

Posted (edited)

Escape pod descent sounds good.

Assuming that we're successful, I guess that the Republic fleet will send a prize crew over to the Invincible after we leave her.

Edited by Bellona

Posted (edited)

So ... I would like to get a grip on the number/characters involved in each attack group (bridge and engineering), considering that we've had some turn-over in the active party.

Who's going where, and how many clone troopers will be accompanying them?

For example: Mireska is going to the bridge, and taking four of her CT minions with her.

Edited by Bellona
Mireska example.

Posted (edited)

If Tinari is going with the engineering group then I suggest that Wraith goes with the bridge group, as he's the only other one in the active group who's good with Mechanics.

Nothing to see here, please move along! :)

Edited by Bellona

@Bellona

I think Wraith and Condor have identical mechanics, and Elias mentioned in the Misc thread that Wraith would be going to Engineering and Condor to the Bridge. 

Also in regards to both insertion and extraction, Condor has 5 ranks in Piloting (Space). I'm a bit fuzzy on what the insertion plan is exactly, but depending on the circumstances and the invisibility of the IPV-2C, I'm wondering if there might be a way to preserve the ship on boarding to return and take it down to the surface.