As per the suggestion, Mireska modifies the request to putting the Ascension Gun attachment (RotS) onto the DC-15As. (I understand that as it's also cheaper than getting the separate Theed versions)

I'll leave Vandarl's boost for Von3679 to use.

Leadership/bio-chip for Asc.Gun att. for clones: 1eP+2eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-a.pnga-s.pnga-s.png

Alas, no Triumph to help everyone else. Can the Advantage be used to help anyone?

There are still enough hard points for the Magnetic Weapon Tether - any chance of getting that too?

Edited by Bellona

LOL at Ker'see taking apart Jango Fett's (probably signature) blaster and turning it into something else!

If he ever finds out, he is going to be so hacked off! :D

12 hours ago, Bellona said:

As per the suggestion, Mireska modifies the request to putting the Ascension Gun attachment (RotS) onto the DC-15As. (I understand that as it's also cheaper than getting the separate Theed versions)

I'll leave Vandarl's boost for Von3679 to use.

Leadership/bio-chip for Asc.Gun att. for clones: 1eP+2eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-a.pnga-s.pnga-s.png

Alas, no Triumph to help everyone else. Can the Advantage be used to help anyone?

There are still enough hard points for the Magnetic Weapon Tether - any chance of getting that too?

Magnetic weapon tether is unlikely to happen (it's unlikely to be stocked on the ship)

Since @Von3679 hasn't responded (to move things along)  I'll use that boost from you for him

Leadership with bio chip to get ascension gun attachment  from stingy quarter master: 2eA+2eB+5eF 3 successes, 2 advantage, 2 Light Side, 5 Dark Side
a-s-s.pnga-s.pngb-a.pngb-a.pngf-ds.pngf-ds.pngf-ls-ls.pngf-ds-ds.pngf-ds.png

Whic is barely enough advantage (without using darkside pips)  for everyone's clones to get ascension  guns attachments.  @Von3679 please narrate/ post this in the ic thread.  Please coordinate with @vandarl and @Bellona on the text for an joint post about negotiating with the quarter master that everyone is happy with before you do post... work in out in this ooc thread.

Edited by EliasWindrider

6 hours ago, Bellona said:

LOL at Ker'see taking apart Jango Fett's (probably signature) blaster and turning it into something else!

If he ever finds out, he is going to be so hacked off! :D

5 hours ago, MrTInce said:

I needed materials and it seemed significant considering the damage he did to me. Next time Ker'see is going Sith on that Bounty Hunter.

Interesting... what does the amulet look like? If you wanted, it could be a ring cut from the barrel of the blaster.

1 hour ago, MrTInce said:

I like the idea of a ring but maybe something closer to this:

Image result for gauntlet jewelry

As there was a threat and darkside pips did you want to apply some negative effects?

You don't have to use darkside pips and you can take a strain, which is effectively nothing.  This is of course a jewelry take on the infinity gauntlet and the appearance is fine except it would be chrome rather than gold colored.

2 hours ago, Bellona said:

Did he just mindtrick the ship's QM?!?

He did not compel the action but it was a minor mind trick to make himself seem more convincing/believable... he got it for his own squad without the force but the mind trick was needed to get it for all of clones on the mission, something like waves hand "the other general's clone squads on this mission also need ascension guns, for the same reasons mine do."  And the quarter master probably replied "that makes a lot of sense Sir, I'll issue them to all the clones in the boarding party right away."

Edited by EliasWindrider

23 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

He did not compel the action but it was a minor mind trick to make himself seem more convincing/believable... he got it for his own squad without the force but the mind trick was needed to get it for all of clones on the mission, something like waves hand "the other general's clone squads on this mission also need ascension guns, for the same reasons mine do."  And the quarter master probably replied "that makes a lot of sense Sir, I'll issue them to all the clones in the boarding party right away."

Hey @Bellona do you want to take the first stab/draft at writing a short story for @vandarl, your, and @Von3679's characters going down to the quarter master?.... write it here, and the three of you can kibbitz and revise it and then copy it into the ic thread

Edited by EliasWindrider

A possible starting point might be my having gone and determined that the ascension gear was in fact in stock, but the QM needed some kind of authorization?

I mean I guess we are Generals and all but QM are always protective of their stockpiles of gear. It they issue it someone would get it dirty or break it after all.  :)

18 hours ago, vandarl said:

A possible starting point might be my having gone and determined that the ascension gear was in fact in stock, but the QM needed some kind of authorization?

I mean I guess we are Generals and all but QM are always protective of their stockpiles of gear. It they issue it someone would get it dirty or break it after all.  :)

Kind of what I was figuring too. That (you're Generals and he's a clone) is why it was simple difficulty 

Edited by EliasWindrider

On 9/13/2019 at 2:09 AM, EliasWindrider said:

Hey @Bellona do you want to take the first stab/draft at writing a short story for @vandarl, your, and @Von3679's characters going down to the quarter master?.... write it here, and the three of you can kibbitz and revise it and then copy it into the ic thread

Just saw this now ... I'll get cracking on it, and hopefully the others will have something to look at/revise by the time their time zones catch up to daylight again.

Edited by Bellona

Here's the draft version, using strikeout where I'm in doubt and/or requesting specific feedback. (I'm not used to writing narrative/conversation, so apologies for any clumsy phrasing.)

ETA: Vandarl has given a general okay to this (as per the post below this one); @Von3679 do you have any opinions?

If the draft version is okay with both of you, then I'll post it Monday (hopefully that will fall within this past - and still current - week's IC posting minimum for +5 xp).

Mireska found the ship's? brigade's? legion's? corps'? quartermaster office, where Quartermaster Q it was either that or Stingy reigned over the army's equipment and related logistics. Tinari was already there, signing off for some extra gear both for himself and his squad.

"We could get ascension guns added to the DC-15As and any of our own ranged energy weapons," Tinari mentioned quietly to Mireska after she'd greeted him. "But Q is feeling rather stingy today."

"Hmmm, sudden EVA is a distinct possibility on this little jaunt," she murmured in reply. Speaking more loudly to Q she added "Please add ascension guns to my requisition," as Ethan strode into the office. Or is Ethan the type to bounce in, stalk in, or slouch in instead?

Q grumbled at the addition, but Mireska smiled encouragingly at him and he grudgingly added another line of items to her list.

"Anything else that you want to take out and br-, errr, I mean use, generals?" he asked.

"Ascension guns for everyone on this mission - that's a necessity, Q!" Ethan pointed out. "And, while you're at it, here's the list for my squad and myself. Remember, your diligent work is always appreciated, and the gear which you provide us is essential to our success!" He gave off such an unmistakable aura of infectious enthusiasm that even stingy Q resignedly turned to adding the requested items to everyone's issued gear.

Edited by Bellona
Changed the wording a bit.

I would say that looks OK. Probably would be the ship's quartermaster, but I suppose there could be a seperate one got the legion, either way should work fine. 

We seem to be stalled, with everyone waiting for someone else to post.  I'll take the blame for this.  And because it's my fault, everyone gets 5 xp today.  

@Bellona just go ahead and post what you've got so far for the collaborative quartermaster post in the ic thread.  Hopefully that will get things moving again.

Done, with the struck out bits removed.

If anyone has any changes that they want (particularly with regard to material in the struck out places in the OOC version), please let me know and I'll edit the IC version.

1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Is it still okay to spend the xp right away, on stuff like skill ranks?

1 hour ago, EliasWindrider said:

Yes.

Btw, I don't see that changing while I'm the GM (and I'm planning to GM through the end of the clone wars) but life is what happens when you are busy making other plans.

What is likely to change is saving your xp until right before you roll will probably be disallowed after genosis.

Btw part 2.  My wife, I,  our 2 kids (the younger is 2 months and (almost) 5 days, the older is 2 years 1 month, 24 days... I'd tell you hours and minutes if we were talking in person), and my wife's parents are driving from Albuquerque to Denver on Thursday will be back Sunday night... so I am likely not going to be able to post that much this weekend.

3 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Btw, I don't see that changing while I'm the GM (and I'm planning to GM through the end of the clone wars) but life is what happens when you are busy making other plans.

What is likely to change is saving your xp until right before you roll will probably be disallowed after genosis.

Btw part 2.  My wife, I,  our 2 kids (the younger is 2 months and (almost) 5 days, the older is 2 years 1 month, 24 days... I'd tell you hours and minutes if we were talking in person), and my wife's parents are driving from Albuquerque to Denver on Thursday will be back Sunday night... so I am likely not going to be able to post that much this weekend.

No worries, I’ve been busy organizing a DMs Guild project for the last week or so.

Once again, i’m really sorry for the delay. I’n super super busy with sch, as finals r in 2 weeks, so i haven’t had the time to read and catch up with the game, since it’s at a much faster pace then expected. I’m really sorry! I’ll try my best to catch up within the week, thanks for understanding :)

11 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

Have a safe trip! And enjoy the views too ... :)