12 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Thank you for the suggestion. I plan on Mireska taking it, and then switching over to her armoured clothing/shield once on board the Invincible.

Are you recommending the flight suit for the CTs too?

Also, is the "few minutes of life support" mentioned in RotSep's Phase I Clone Trooper Armour the equivalent of the Vacuum Sealed mod (10 minutes)?

Wing commander flight suit is decent armor.  Not sure whether you have an amulet of protection.  If you have it I would recommend not bothering with any other vacuum protection since it's better (don't have to worry about it being punctured).  If you wanted to maintain an illusion of not having the amulet of protection, you could just add a breath mask and rely on "jedi mysticism" to nominally protect against cold and pressure differential for a short period of time, it's pretty believable that a jedi could do stuff impossible for muggles.

Going eva to escape when cornered, you wouldn't want to change back into a flight suit.

I'd probably give them 20 minutes because it's better than average and designed in rather than being an afterthought.

What were you wanting to craft.  Spending a dp.to retcon that you made it earlier, could be an option.

I want to maintain the illusion of not having the amulet (I regard it as being Mireska's "secret defence", particularly as she got that Hidden Purpose quality when making it). Maybe even going so far as to go over in the flight suit (and then packing it away in the backpack). However, if Mireska is forced to "cold-shirt" it during an emergency exfil, that's okay too.

The crafting was not for Mireska herself. I'm thinking about giving the CTs a Protective Amulet each when Mireska gets the chance to make them. It's the sort of thing that she would do when she was forced to take responsibility for their lives. ("You're a Jedi, so you obviously must be a qualified military leader. Here're some soldiers." "Uhh ... what?!") If she does so, then she'll present them to her CTs as good luck talismans, saying something along the lines of "it would really mean a lot to me if you wore it," culturally significant of our bonds as soldiers and leader, blah-blah-blah. Basically giving them a secret defence too, but not letting them know about it until they really need it.

57 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Also, is the "few minutes of life support" mentioned in RotSep's Phase I Clone Trooper Armour the equivalent of the Vacuum Sealed mod (10 minutes)?

31 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I'd probably give them 20 minutes because it's better than average and designed in rather than being an afterthought.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll add a Vacuum Sealed integral attachment to the Phase I CT Armour in Oggdude, and a note that it's good for 20 minutes.

E.T.A. Am I right in thinking that the Phase I ARC Trooper Armour does not automatically have the sealed life support option, but that it can be added as a normal attachment?

Edited by Bellona

Comlinks ... Are they all the type that can send "clicks" instead of verbal communication?

I'm thinking about that aforementioned possibility of Mireska doing a sudden/involuntary EVA. Would her comlink still work when there's no atmosphere? How would the Protective Amulet interact with that situation?

Also, can they function as locator beacons?

11 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Thanks for the clarification. I'll add a Vacuum Sealed integral attachment to the Phase I CT Armour in Oggdude, and a note that it's good for 20 minutes.

E.T.A. Am I right in thinking that the Phase I ARC Trooper Armour does not automatically have the sealed life support option, but that it can be added as a normal attachment?

I thought it had it automatically, but phase 2 did not.

23 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I thought it had it automatically, but phase 2 did not.

According to the two CW era sourcebooks, that's correct for the regular Clone Trooper Armour. Since the information has not yet been added by Oggdude to his program, I've been putting it in myself via the Data Editor (both Phase I and II).

Phase I ARC Trooper Armour is the only clone armour that has also appeared in Knights of Destiny - but it did so with different stats from the RotSep! So I'm ignoring the "official" KoD stats in Oggdude's program, and have also entered data for both phases of ARC armour too.

RotSep doesn't specifically mention the life support function when describing the Phase I ARC armour.

Edited by Bellona

The grenade/explosives post was partly because I needed to get my own head around how the system dealt with explosives, and I apologise for the resulting wall of text.

The backpack follow-up was due to figuring out how much Mireska and the clones could reasonably carry. The CTs' encumbrance threshold originally didn't allow for more than one extra grenade and one explosive charge, which doesn't even cover all the specially issued equipment for a sabotage mission.

The spacesuits/comlink stuff is just me making sure that I'm on the same page as our GM, and avoiding potentially lethal-to-character misunderstandings. (The point of using Oggdude's program is that it's standardised - unfortunately, the contents of the two CW sourcebooks have not yet been entered by Oggdude, and some of the item descriptions in the books are vague on certain points.)

Maybe my gear-related posts/questions should have been in the Misc thread?

Equipment wise I think  the set of slicing tools, a roll of Flex-5 detonating tape, 2 Ion grenades, Mk. III Modular Backpack and a Flight Suit.  

My plan is to wear the flight suit on the way over and swap to my own armor when possible. I don't want to load up on too much extra gear and get encumbered. If needed I can add the demo tools to use the tape otherwise I think I should be OK.

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

Comlinks ... Are they all the type that can send "clicks" instead of verbal communication?

I'm thinking about that aforementioned possibility of Mireska doing a sudden/involuntary EVA. Would her comlink still work when there's no atmosphere? How would the Protective Amulet interact with that situation?

Also, can they function as locator beacons?

We'll go with it just works normally.

Binary, Rain, Storm, and Cloud - Mireska's four CTs - have extended their standard encumbrance threshold from 9 to 17 for this mission: DC-15a Blaster Carbine, Frag Grenade (2), EMP Grenade (2), Detonite Tape (1 charge), Shaped Charge (2), Phase I CT Armour, Utility Belt, Mk III Backpack, Extra Reload (2), Destro Charge (1). They will use their Phase I CT armour for any EVA. Encumbrance 17/17.

(The squad took it personally that they were cut down from six to four for this mission, and have decided that they will provide just as much "boom" as they normally would as a six-man squad. I'm not sure if they bothered to inform their green general that they are insane bombers.) ... Sorry about the "green general" pun!

Mireska is leaving behind her beloved datapads plus the bigger lightsabre weapon maintenance kit (in her shipboard quarters), and instead has borrowed an SE-90 scanner from Engineering to use in conjunction with the X5R demolition kit. Her explosive inventory is a sedate two Destro charges and one EMP grenade. She has been issued an A/KT Wing Commander armoured flight suit and will use it on the way over, but change into her regular armour as soon as possible afterwards. (She plans to get back into the flight suit for the trip back.) Encumbrance 16/16.

Should I put this on the updated character sheet?

Edited by Bellona
Updated Mireska's gear for this mission. And the CTs', when I realised that they didn't have any Shaped Charges! >_<

46 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Binary, Rain, Storm, and Cloud - Mireska's four CTs - have extended their standard encumbrance threshold from 9 to 17 for this mission: DC-15a Blaster Carbine, Frag Grenade (2), EMP Grenade (2), Detonite Tape, Phase I CT Armour, Utility Belt, Mk III Backpack, Extra Reload (2), Destro Charge (2). They will use their Phase I CT armour for any EVA. Encumbrance 12/17.

(The squad took it personally that they were cut down from six to four, and have decided that they will provide just as much "boom" as they normally would as a six-man squad. I'm not sure if they bothered to inform their green general that they are insane bombers.) ... Sorry about the pun!

Mireska is leaving behind her beloved datapads plus the bigger lightsabre weapon maintenance kit (in her shipboard quarters), and instead has borrowed an SE-90 scanner from Engineering to use in conjunction with the X5R demolition kit. Her explosive inventory is a sedate two Destro charges. She has been issued an A/KT Wing Commander armoured flight suit and will use it on the way over, but change into her regular armour as soon as possible afterwards. (She plans to get back into the flight suit for the trip back.) Encumbrance 16/16.

Should I put this on the updated character sheet?

Sure

12 hours ago, Von3679 said:

Honestly kinda lost for choice on what to bring XD. There’s so much stuff i could bring, but then thinking about whether we wil lactually need it and then... yeah.

If I were you I'd be interested in a grappling hook/ascension gun (btw every one should have one of those, the theed s5 security blaster from keeping the peace is that a dart launcher and a blaster rolled into one ), 2 shaped thermal charge, and a lock breaking kit (at least that's what I think it's called).  If you want to disguise the fact that you have an amulet of protection, get a breath mask.  For future reference, If you want to try to tranq someone, then maybe a clip of smart tranq darts (side bar in enter the unknown, on or about page 39, might also bee in savage spirits because it was a reload for an air rifle that also appears in savage spirits) and reloading some with raquor venom, but it is unlikely  that the raquor venom would be stocked on the ship.  However since you're being introduced you could use your leftover starting credits (of which you have 1890 I think) to buy a theed s5 (1250 credits), smart tranq (probably less than 100, can't find it on viluppo) and a few doses of raquor venom (150 credits each).

Raquor venom causes the target to make a 4 purple I think resilience check or suffer from debilitating condition (it's non lethal but should keep someone from fleeing or fighting).  If you know you're going to fire your pistol it'd be a good idea to use enhance to bump your agility in a previous round.

The point of a ascension gun and shaped thermal charge would be to blow a viewport and have the opponents sucked out, and not be sucked out yourself.  You could then proceed along the hull and possiblly blow the viewport on the bridge from the outside.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Talking to everyone.

Btw since there is a cut scene between the battle of genosis and christophsis (start of the war) it would be a reasonable time to have bought gear you wouldn't have had before the war but thought would be useful in the war.

Edited by EliasWindrider

On 9/9/2019 at 3:19 PM, MrTInce said:

Isn't all those over analysing of equipment getting a bit metagaming?

On 9/9/2019 at 3:43 PM, Bellona said:

The grenade/explosives post was partly because I needed to get my own head around how the system dealt with explosives, and I apologise for the resulting wall of text.

The backpack follow-up was due to figuring out how much Mireska and the clones could reasonably carry. The CTs' encumbrance threshold originally didn't allow for more than one extra grenade and one explosive charge, which doesn't even cover all the specially issued equipment for a sabotage mission.

The spacesuits/comlink stuff is just me making sure that I'm on the same page as our GM, and avoiding potentially lethal-to-character misunderstandings. (The point of using Oggdude's program is that it's standardised - unfortunately, the contents of the two CW sourcebooks have not yet been entered by Oggdude, and some of the item descriptions in the books are vague on certain points.)

Maybe my gear-related posts/questions should have been in the Misc thread?

I greatly prefer being on the same page ahead of time rather than have a disagreement/debate about it later.   I always prefer to deal with potential problems before they become problems.  Besides a lot of fighting is logistics, so the clone minions who were trained in this would be doing most of the prep and running it by the jedi PCs for approval and to lean on the notoriously stingy quarter master(s) to get the gear they need.  The jedi would be telling them the big picture plan and making minor suggestions about the load out.  The players a dealing with this because they control a squad of clone minions.

SmartTrank 500cr Pg 40 of Enter the Unknown. If hit make a average resistance roll, fail and take 5 strain plus 2 per threat. If you roll a despair then on the next turn roll a 3 purple Resistance roll. 

In OggDude you can find it as an attachment for the model 77 slugthrower.

Ascension Gun-related changes ...

Mireska has ditched one Destro-6 charge and her only EMP grenade in favour of an HL-27 Light Blaster Pistol (Suns of Fortune p. 94) with the Ascension Gun attachment (RotSep. p. 61). Total encumbrance changes: 16-1-1+2= 16/16.

The HL-27 has been successfully modded with increased ascension speed and an extra Boost when firing the ascension gun attachment (see spoiler). Her cash on hand (Credits box) and personal savings (Story) have been adjusted to account for the total 1,150 cr. cost (450+500+100+100). The original weapon was encumbrance 1 and had 2 hard points; the attachment adds +1 encumbrance and uses 1 hard point.

HL-27 L.Blaster mod: incr. ascension speed: 2eP+2eA+3eD 3 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.pngp--.pnga--.pnga-s-s.pngd--.pngd-th-th.pngd--.png

HL-27 L.Blaster mod: extra boost to fire asc.gun attachment: 2eP+2eA+4eD 2 successes, 1 advantage
p-s-s.pngp-a.pnga-a-a.pnga-s-s.pngd--.pngd-th.pngd-f-f.pngd-th.png

Edited by Bellona
And the changes are now on the updated character sheet.

I just realised - it does my squad no good that I have a ranged weapon with ascension gun capabilities if theirs don't have the same effect.

Can Mireska persuade the stingy Quartermaster (TM) or whoever's in charge of the armoury (the regiment's or ship's Armourer, I guess) to issue them with Security S-5 Heavy Blaster Pistols (KtP p. 43)?

This would bring their encumbrances up to 15/17.

If there's time, I'd like to have the Magnetic Weapon Tether attachment added to their S-5s.

OK, I will go with your suggestion on the loadout for the mission, breath mask, shaped charges and S-5 pistol replacing the holdout and lockpicks and slicing tools to open doors..

I will attempt to get ascension pistols for the squad from the quarter master as well as any ordinance that Captain Wraith suggests they carry for the mission.

7 hours ago, Bellona said:

I just realised - it does my squad no good that I have a ranged weapon with ascension gun capabilities if theirs don't have the same effect.

Can Mireska persuade the stingy Quartermaster (TM) or whoever's in charge of the armoury (the regiment's or ship's Armourer, I guess) to issue them with Security S-5 Heavy Blaster Pistols (KtP p. 43)?

This would bring their encumbrances up to 15/17.

If there's time, I'd like to have the Magnetic Weapon Tether attachment added to their S-5s.

It would be better to get the ascension gun attachment for their dc15a, so you could try to be diplomatic and use charm or negotiation or you could issue an order (note the biochip upgrade to make the quarter master clone more likely to obey) if you can succeed at a simple (no purple) leadership check the clone quarter master will issue without a hassle.

50 minutes ago, vandarl said:

OK, I will go with your suggestion on the loadout for the mission, breath mask, shaped charges and S-5 pistol replacing the holdout and lockpicks and slicing tools to open doors..

I will attempt to get ascension pistols for the squad from the quarter master as well as any ordinance that Captain Wraith suggests they carry for the mission.

Get the ascension gun attachment for the dc15a's so the clones don't have to switch weapons  before using it.  Make a zero purple leadership check and you can get the ascension gun attachments.  If any jedi rolls a triumph all clones get them.

Edited by EliasWindrider

@Von3679 roll 2eA+5eF+1eB for a leadership check vs. the quarter master ... if you get a success with "enough" (4) advantage I'll count it as a triumph and everyone's clones with get it.  You can spend force pips as success or advantage on this check.  Btw with 5 force dice you are guaranteed to get enough success/advantage  but you might have to flip a destiny point and take strain and conflict for that guarantee to hold up.

Edited by EliasWindrider