Regarding grenade launchers there is: Z50 GRENADE LAUNCHER - Dangerous Covenants, Page 42, RGL-318 ROTARY GRENADE LAUNCHER - Knights of Fate, Page 41.

For my animal companion I will take a Nexu. I will call her Duchess.

Edited by MrTInce

10 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Regarding grenade launchers there is: Z50 GRENADE LAUNCHER - Dangerous Covenants, Page 42, RGL-318 ROTARY GRENADE LAUNCHER - Knights of Fate, Page 41.

For my animal companion I will take a Nexu. I will call her Duchess.

Take your pick on the grenade launcher, bonded animal Silhouette is half your force rating, don't remember if rounded up or down, I think a nexu is sil2.  So whether you can get it probably depends on the direction of rounding since you have fr 3 if I recall correctly.  Other than that I have no objection to a nexu pet, I'll try to arrange you rescuing it from a destroyed zoo or something.

I thought it was worthy of being an in game event,  but we can go with a screenwipe acquisition of duchess 

Edited by EliasWindrider

5 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Nexu are are sil 1. And I will take the z50.

Ok then.

Do you want to bring duchess  on the boarding mission or just the ground mission... they don't exactly make spacesuits for nexu, but maybe you could craft an amulet of protection that looks like a collar?

Edited by EliasWindrider

11 hours ago, vandarl said:

Slicing gear, a demolition charge and 1 couple of Ion grenades should do it. 

Make sure you have the enc to carry that (I seem to remember detonite charges having more than reasonable enc) so get specific about which explosive charge and how man ion grenades you are taking.

6 hours ago, Bellona said:

I take it that the spacesuits and the slicer droids are a given?

2 astromechs (stock models).  But you have to specifically name and track the enc of the spacesuit.   Rather than a space suit you might want to look at the wing commander flight suit in I think fly casual

Is the operating assumption that we will remove the spacesuits once we get on board the Invincible?

What about our regular armour/whatever - do we put that back on when we get access to the Invincible's airlock?

I think that I'll be getting some backpacks for the CTs and re-arranging Mireska's inventory a bit.

How many hours (in game) do our characters have to make and prepare this plan?

I'm wondering if Mireska can get a few hours to make something (or some things) beforehand.

Edited by Bellona

18 minutes ago, Bellona said:

Does anyone know what the armour categories (e.g., Hard, Full Body, Resistant, Sealable) in Oggdude's program are for, beyond descriptive purposes?

I believe it relates to certain mods.

7 hours ago, Bellona said:

Does anyone know what the armour categories (e.g., Hard, Full Body, Resistant, Sealable) in Oggdude's program are for, beyond descriptive purposes?

You need "hard, full body" (both together) or "sealable" to add the vacuum seals upgrade.

8 hours ago, Bellona said:

How many hours (in game) do our characters have to make and prepare this plan?

I'm wondering if Mireska can get a few hours to make something (or some things) beforehand.

Probably about 2 hours, the clock is ticking for senator Organo.

I've just had a look at Fully Operational (AoR sourcebook for Engineers) - lots of good stuff there for would-be saboteurs - plus the FaD CRB and RotSep.

In general, using the explosives in FO requires an Easy Mechanics check - but plus +1 difficulty for each additional charge used together.

SE-90 Structural Engineering Scanner (Enc. 1) requires an Average Computers check (modified if GM wants) in order to "detect stress fractures and weak points, concealed armor and reinforced
sections, conduits, hidden spaces, and the like." Maybe each group (not squad) on the Invincible should have one?

Flex·5 Detonite Tape (Enc. 1) comes in 50-charge rolls and only require Easy Mechanics checks (regardless of how many charges are used together). Good for doors, computer banks, etc. One per squad?

Shaped Charges (Enc. 2) don't do quite as much damage as RotSep's Destro-6 Demolition Charges (Enc. 1), but the Shaped Charge also doesn't require 5 minutes for set-up, unlike the Destro-6. (One can halve the set-up time for the Destro-6, but then setting it up becomes a Hard Mechanics check and the GM can spend one Despair or 3 Threats to make them detonate prematurely.) Both have Breach 1. Shaped Charge also has Vicious 1 (which I don't believe is necessary for sabotaging/scuttling the ship). Using multiple Shaped Charges increase both the Breach and Vicious ratings by 1 per extra charge beyond the first. Maybe each squad/PC should have a mix of the two to be more flexible time-wise. Just don't mix them up!

The core rulebook's Thermal Detonators look ... risky to use.

X5R Heavy Demolitions Kit (RotSep.) gives +2 Boost on Mechanics checks to prepare, set, or disarm explosives. Once per session, a character can use the kit to remove one Despair (or 3 Threats) after cancelling dice symbols but before resolving the effect when making a Mechanics check to deal with explosives. Again, maybe each group on the Invincible should have one?

E.T.A.

Grenade Cling (FO) weapon attachment: the "grenade immediately adheres to its target and an Average Athletics check is needed to remove it. Among other potential uses, this essentially means a  target struck by the grenade cannot avoid the blast or throw it back at the attacker, regardless of any time-delayed detonation. At the CM's discretion, some types of surfaces may resist the adhesion." With mods to make it harder to remove and to increase the damage done to the "stuck to" target.

Proximity Detonator (FO) weapon attachment: adds an alternative trigger method. Instead of "detonating via a timer or on impact, the grenade only detonates when it detects the  movement of a being or creature nearby. With the addition of a proximity detonator, a simple frag grenade becomes a deadly trap". Can be used with any grenade or explosive device. (No mods.)

From what I have read so far, it looks like there are only two standard methods of triggering grenades/other explosives: the timer plus Mechanics check, or the Ranged - Light combat check to throw them. Neither require special extra gear. This does not take into account various grenade launchers (using Gunnery) and RPGs.

Edited by Bellona
Extra detail re Shaped Charges.

For those who are worried about encumbrance - either their own or their CTs - I suggest the Mk. III Modular Backpack (Savage Species) in Oggdude's program plus the extra six pouches. (The program uses the Attachment system to add the pouches, but they're not actual attachments/mods.) That will add +8 to a character's encumbrance threshold.

On 9/8/2019 at 4:13 PM, EliasWindrider said:

2 astromechs (stock models).  But you have to specifically name and track the enc of the spacesuit.   Rather than a space suit you might want to look at the wing commander flight suit in I think fly casual

Thank you for the suggestion. I plan on Mireska taking it, and then switching over to her armoured clothing/shield once on board the Invincible.

Are you recommending the flight suit for the CTs too?

Also, is the "few minutes of life support" mentioned in RotSep's Phase I Clone Trooper Armour the equivalent of the Vacuum Sealed mod (10 minutes)?