Re exfil: I assume that the Invincible is the sort of ship to have a hangar bay. Maybe we could grab a transport of some sort off there?

I briefly considered the Invincible's own escape pods, but they're not likely to be easily steered and CIS pods are more likely to be picked up by CIS ships. Plus I'm not sure how many pods the CIS would bother to put on a ship crewed mostly by droids. (If anyone is going to cut corners, it would be the CIS. Something for their admiral and his staff, but nothing for anyone else.)

Otherwise we have to depend upon spacesuits and locator beacons.

... Or could we arrange for a suitably sized Republic transport to be captured by the Invincible, and when the Invincible is in chaos/breaking up and we need to leave, we grab the ship that we know is already there?

Maybe ... it's a more difficult proposition than just destroying it, I suspect. Part of it depends upon how easy it would be either to destroy or to deactivate the droids crewing the ship.

And we'd need a prize crew to run it, particularly if the droids that usually run it are no longer available. (Assuming that one cannot mass convert the droids to the Republic side.) In a pinch, maybe we'd be able to pilot it into Republic-controlled space ourselves - but I'm not sure how easy that would be while under fire from the rest of the CIS blockade fleet.

We also have to remember that the Invincible is not one of the droid-controller ships; it's "only" the admiral's flagship. There are at least six Lucrehulk ships - those are the droid-controllers like the one at Naboo ten years earlier. However, taking out the admiral should still be an effective tactic.

Something else to consider, especially if we gain access to the Invincible's bridge, is the possibility of using its coms to throw the Lucrehulks into confusion - at least enough so that the Republic fleet can gain a decisive advantage. I have no idea if we can force the admiral to give the necessary orders. If not, then some expert slicing of the coms might do the trick.

Edited by Bellona

Once we have the ship our crew of 30 should hopefully be enough to fly it as long as we maintain the bridge. We may want a slicer to maintain the systems, not Ker'see's skill set but she could fly a ship if need be.

The 6 in agility should be helpful for more than just shooting things really well.

Edited by MrTInce

*mutters darkly*

If we still have a crew of 30 by that point. How many losses can we take during the boarding action and still be able to run a ship of that size?

*looks at GM questioningly*

I think that we need to be flexible once we get on board. Ideally, yes, we take the ship, etc. But we should also be ready/equipped to scuttle it if the situation turns against us.

Ethan is a jedi who supports no loss of life, so he would definitely prefer to take the ship with as minimal casualties. Hmmmm... maybe we could do something like in that episode whr padme snuck onto that special sep ship? The one piloted by grievous with an emp. I cant rmb its name.

The Invincible is a Providence-class capital ship. I just looked it up (CotR), assuming that Republic intelligence can get some of its specs.

Ship's complement: 900 officers, droids, and enlisted crew.

Passenger capacity: 48,247 and 1.5 million deactivated droids.

!!!!!!!

Edited by Bellona

True. But I'm doubtful about how 30 people could run a ship meant to be crewed by 900. It sounds like even a skeleton crew would have to be larger than 30.

It has a truly massive armour value. Luckily for us its description includes: "a tall, thin spar supports the bridge and observation decks high above the main hull". (Score another one for ship designers who value style over common sense!) That would be worth destroying (probably easier from the inside).

Hopefully the airlocks can be sliced open - and I'm not referring to lightsabres here.

(Incidentally, it's the same class as the Invisible Hand, half of which Anakin managed to land on Coruscant during the opening scenes of RotS.)

My suggestion: we go with the two team idea - one heading to engineering, one to the bridge. If the situation on the bridge allows for taking the ship, then great. If not, we destroy both bridge and engineering.

Earbud comlinks for all not in armour already equipped with hardened comlinks.

Gear appropriate for both boarding action and sabotage missions.

Two slicer droids - it'd be great if we could download the ship's database/computer core even if we end up scuttling it. And to find out if there is a secondary bridge somewhere, and if we need to take that out too.

Exfil - escape pods/hi-jacked transport to the surface of Christophsis, then meet up with the rest of our team?

Edited by Bellona

4 hours ago, Bellona said:

*mutters darkly*

If we still have a crew of 30 by that point. How many losses can we take during the boarding action and still be able to run a ship of that size?

*looks at GM questioningly*

If you were to "destroy" the bridge, that would throw the rest of the blockade into chaos long enough to screen wipe and the ship could be salvaged "later" (after the battle supposing that there aren't higher priorities)

So everyone seems to be waiting on someone else to make the next post... lets assume that eedemon4x4 and RandiQuade aren't going to contribute to the plan to assault the invincible.... what else needs to happen seems to be a vote on the general plan and a list of gear you want to requisition to help you execute it.

Adding one Destro-6 Demolition Charge and one Mark II EMP Grenade to each of my four CTs.

Adding an X5R Heavy Demolition Kit, one Destro-6 Demolition Charge, and two Mark II EMP Grenades to Mireska's inventory. (Thank goodness for her extended backpack!)

I'm going have family arriving tomorrow and staying through Tuesday so my ability to post will be limited, which limits your opportunity to post ic, so everyone gets 5 xp this Monday.  Keep planning the mission without me.  

@Bellona the gear is fine. @MrTInce the only grenade launchers that I'm aware of are rifle attachments, but if you know of another one, tell me a book and page number.  I don't have time to check oggdude for it right now.