Pooleman

New Clone Wars Article and preview.

Just played my first game of Legion and loved it! Excited for the new factions but wondering what everyone thinks of the droid spoilers thus far? Are they looking competitive? What else is rumored to be coming for the clankers?

36 minutes ago, FriendofYoda said:

Just played my first game of Legion and loved it! Excited for the new factions but wondering what everyone thinks of the droid spoilers thus far? Are they looking competitive? What else is rumored to be coming for the clankers?

I think the Separatists look fun, even if they do contribute to the “activation spam” meta. (That means; often if you have more activations, you have a better chance of winning)   On the bright side, and related, the Separatists don't really care about the above activation spam, which is usually done with sniper teams, as droids are cheap, and droideka’s just don't care.

As for rumours.. well their aren't any.   Rumours are, supposedly, something someone has heard..  and we have heard bupkis.  People have been throwing every unit the separatists ever fielded into the pool for what will come next.    

23 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

I think the Separatists look fun, even if they do contribute to the “activation spam” meta. (That means; often if you have more activations, you have a better chance of winning)   On the bright side, and related, the Separatists don't really care about the above activation spam, which is usually done with sniper teams, as droids are cheap, and droideka’s just don't care.

As for rumours.. well their aren't any.   Rumours are, supposedly, something someone has heard..  and we have heard bupkis.  People have been throwing every unit the separatists ever fielded into the pool for what will come next.    

the one thing we do know is that the next clone wars unit will be a Heavy and it won't be in the initial release but it should be out soon after.

5 hours ago, jcmonson said:

the one thing we do know is that the next clone wars unit will be a Heavy and it won't be in the initial release but it should be out soon after.

Speaking of Heavy Units for the GAR, are there any that would fit on the table? The AT-TE and LAAT are probably too big. I don't remember seeing any military vehicles in the GAR's OOB (Order of Battle) that would fit. Maybe the Naboo Speeder with the cannon in Episode 1 would fit?

5 minutes ago, T70 Driver said:

Speaking of Heavy Units for the GAR, are there any that would fit on the table? The AT-TE and LAAT are probably too big. I don't remember seeing any military vehicles in the GAR's OOB (Order of Battle) that would fit. Maybe the Naboo Speeder with the cannon in Episode 1 would fit?

The Infantry Support Platform would fit the bill and be the right size for current bases.

TX-130 Saber should be about the Occupier in length, and is canon again (and FFG has written about it in the RPG). The ISP is technically on screen, but feels a little lackluster as the first unit release, it'll just be, y'know, two clones hanging out, shooting guns. You could maybe even make it a Support release, it's an open-top fan boat thing. 

25 minutes ago, T70 Driver said:

FFG will make the AT TE and the LAAT. These items would easily become best sellers. I bet we get the LAAT and AAT as he first heavies. 

I bet in Dec 2020 we will see a "super heavy" unit type. They will release 4 (1 per faction. Rebels: ? Empire: AT-AT GAR: AT-TE Separtists: ?

11 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Im not sure they’ll be hitting more activations then the current armies off the bat. Their supports and Grevious are fairly expensive, and most lists I’ve seen are 9-10 acts, which is pretty normal. Time will tell as they get a cheap commander, strikes, etc. 

11 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

droideka’s just don't care.

Do we know how their shields work yet? They seem pretty tanky from the little I’ve heard 

How does the battle droid ability work that lets them pass orders off? Can they activate, shoot and then have a friendly unit at range 1 shoot also?

18 minutes ago, FriendofYoda said:

Do we know how their shields work yet? They seem pretty tanky from the little I’ve heard 

How does the battle droid ability work that lets them pass orders off? Can they activate, shoot and then have a friendly unit at range 1 shoot also?

Droidekas share 4 shield tokens between the unit, which can be spent to negate one hit/crit per token. After that, they have 3 health per mini. 10 health for the whole unit isn’t too shabby! 

The ability is just an order passing thing. It works the same as the new vets / MK2 blasters. Basically, when you give a B1 an order, another B1 unit within range 1 gets an order as well. This can be used to chain them across your entire army. Units that have a faceup order token don’t have to follow whatever AI rules are on their cards! The ability does not let multiple units activate at once. 

3 hours ago, TalkPolite said:

Droidekas share 4 shield tokens between the unit, which can be spent to negate one hit/crit per token. After that, they have 3 health per mini. 10 health for the whole unit isn’t too shabby! 

You also regenerate 1 shield token per round automatically.

9 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

FFG will make the AT TE and the LAAT. These items would easily become best sellers. I bet we get the LAAT and AAT as he first heavies. 

I bet in Dec 2020 we will see a "super heavy" unit type. They will release 4 (1 per faction. Rebels: ? Empire: AT-AT GAR: AT-TE Separtists: ?

The LAAT is huge. It's AT-AT sized. Even if they shrunk it to half-sized, getting it to balance on any of the Huge bases we have would be a bit precarious, to say the least. At half-size it would still be several inches longer than the Occupier base.

20 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

The LAAT is huge. It's AT-AT sized. Even if they shrunk it to half-sized, getting it to balance on any of the Huge bases we have would be a bit precarious, to say the least. At half-size it would still be several inches longer than the Occupier base.

I would think that any “gargantuan” vehicle, would need very little in the way of a base.    Flying ones, sure, but everything else..  not really needed.   

Honestly..  I'm okay of we don't get the big vehicles.  I'm sure at some point FFG will make an epic size game where we get teeny tiny troopers, in squads (like armada) and we move our vehicles around.  

10 hours ago, T70 Driver said:

As mentioned, the Saber-Class fighter tank would fit the table very, very well.  The AT-AP would also fit, though it would be considerably larger than the AT-ST both in height and space it takes up.  The non-canon AT-XTs would fit amazingly well, though I very much doubt they will be included, despite looking both unique and interesting.

3 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

It's not that big, unless you're using the figures for the transport version, which doesn't fit what we see on screen.  It would be much larger than Occupier, and  the largest unit in the game thus far, but the majority of its bulk would stand be on a peg, making it much, much easier to fit on the table.  Not what I would expect them to lead with, but far from impossible. 

I would also agree that the Saber-Class tank will most likely be the first heavy for the Republic. I am more curious on what everybody thinks the CIS is getting as their first heavy.

I would think it would be the AAT tank, but the box cover has the OG-9 on it.

there are 2 reasons that i don't think the Saber-Class tank will be the first release. 1) it is longer than the occupier and so it would need a new base as the occupier already barely fits its base. And 2) it is a rather obscure unit.

5 minutes ago, jcmonson said:

there are 2 reasons that i don't think the Saber-Class tank will be the first release. 1) it is longer than the occupier and so it would need a new base as the occupier already barely fits its base. And 2) it is a rather obscure unit.

I could also see the argument that Legion really really likes to make everything repeat itself (it's like poetry, it rhymes) so they would go with the Republic Gunship and the  OG-9 to get as close as possible to the airspeeder and the AT-ST.

1 minute ago, RyantheFett said:

I could also see the argument that Legion really really likes to make everything repeat itself (it's like poetry, it rhymes) so they would go with the Republic Gunship and the  OG-9 to get as close as possible to the airspeeder and the AT-ST.

Possibly, though to get close to the AT-ST i would go with the Vulture in walking mode

19 hours ago, jcmonson said:

Do you have a source for this besides the original release pattern? We don't "know" this unless FFG has officially announced it otherwise. FFG has already broken the pattern of the original release schedule in that no Heavy units are being released at the same time, just individual boxes for the non-commander units. There could be a Special forces release instead as the next one out. 

3 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Do you have a source for this besides the original release pattern? We don't "know" this unless FFG has officially announced it otherwise. FFG has already broken the pattern of the original release schedule in that no Heavy units are being released at the same time, just individual boxes for the non-commander units. There could be a Special forces release instead as the next one out. 

They said it in one of their videos, i think it was the Clone Wars play through video but ill have to recheck.

1 minute ago, jcmonson said:

They said it in one of their videos, i think it was the Clone Wars play through video but ill have to recheck.

Ah okay, I haven't watched all of the videos, I was just making sure it wasn't just based on the previous release schedule. 

4 minutes ago, jcmonson said:

Yea during the clone wars live stream they said heavies would be coming and heavily suggested that they would be announced during the in flight report next week at gen con (if I remember correctly at least)