Jump to content
Pooleman

New Clone Wars Article and preview.

Recommended Posts

RPS-6

Range 2-4 rainbow, no exhaust, no fixed arc surge to hit.

So at range 4 that's 1.875 average hits per turn. (52.8 points per damage minimum)

At Range 3 back or side you're looking at 1.875-2.5 average hits per turn (52.8 points per damage or 39.6 points per damage with arsenal)

Range 3 front arc 1.875-3.75 average hits per turn in front arc  (52.8 points per damage or 26.4 points per damage with arsenal)

 

Looks pretty good to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Zrob314 said:

RPS-6

Range 2-4 rainbow, no exhaust, no fixed arc surge to hit.

So at range 4 that's 1.875 average hits per turn. (52.8 points per damage minimum)

At Range 3 back or side you're looking at 1.875-2.5 average hits per turn (52.8 points per damage or 39.6 points per damage with arsenal)

Range 3 front arc 1.875-3.75 average hits per turn in front arc  (52.8 points per damage or 26.4 points per damage with arsenal)

 

Looks pretty good to me.

Yep, it's the same as the rocket launcher on the landspeeder, which is solid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, arnoldrew said:

Yep, it's the same as the rocket launcher on the landspeeder, which is solid.

Yeah, but it's back up is so much better (1 black or a rainbow vs 2 white).  You've also got to be in range 2 to use the 2 whites.  You've got to spend hefty to get the good front arc from the Landspeeder. Finally clone version is 12 points cheaper than the rebel version. 

Edited by Zrob314

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

I’m liking what I see. Shame I have to say no to it all.... I can’t afford two eras of stuff.

I can’t either, but I’m still getting the Clones, splitting a core set with a friend. I think I will need to hold off on new X-Wing purchases for a while. 

Edited by Pooleman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pooleman said:

I can’t either, but I’m still getting the Clones, splitting a core set with a friend. I think I will need to hold off on new X-Wing purchases for a while. 

Legion is life

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Is it just me or does it seem like they’re trying for a full reveal for the core to be available at GenCon?

I really hope this means it’s out later in August for those of us who can’t be at GenCon.

I think it will be at Gencon. I would love late August release for the rest of us, but we'll see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be Gencon. Too much profit to not have it ready then. 

I suspect September for regular release. Since we already assume Vets and Tauntauns this month (Aug 2) and Shoretroopers and dewbacks at the end of August. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

I do hope they'll wait 'til September... or a bit longer if they're planning on releasing Shoretroopers/Dewbacks first; Warcry is already gonna be a significant ding in August.

You are alone in that regard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Doubt it... for one thing there are the people that aren't buying into Clone Wars era stuff...

Also, who doesn't want more scenery? The Outer Rim world of Grimdarkia needs a bit of architectural variety... 

Edited by GreatMazinkaiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Doubt it... for one thing there are the people that aren't buying into Clone Wars era stuff...

Also, who doesn't want more scenery? The Outer Rim world of Grimdarkia needs a bit of architectural variety... 

I think he meant you’re alone in wanting CW to come later.

I wish it would come out tomorrow, but I’m horrible at waiting.🥺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes alone in wanting Clone Wars to be released later. I can't stand the wait any longer so I'm going to proxy CIS this weekend. I'm sure plenty of people are excited for Warcry. I actually never heard of it till your post. It looks fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

I do hope they'll wait 'til September... or a bit longer if they're planning on releasing Shoretroopers/Dewbacks first; Warcry is already gonna be a significant ding in August.

Almost all my excitement for Warcry suddenly evaporated when they finally revealed stuff beyond models and lore of the first six warbands. Shallow campaign rules, afterthought inclusion of AoS factions,... I do want to eventually get a box each of Corvus Cabal and Cypher Lords (plus the book and cards, of course) as the core gameplay looks great for a quick game in between, but unless further books really wow me, that's it for me.

However, I already have the current BattleTech Clan Invasion Kickstarter as one of two larger expenses within a month, and I want to get a Nintendo Switch Lite (released in September) to play Fire Emblem: Three Houses, so while I want this box (despite Phase I on BARC), I'll have to postpone it no matter which month it releases in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TheHoosh said:

Yes alone in wanting Clone Wars to be released later. I can't stand the wait any longer so I'm going to proxy CIS this weekend. I'm sure plenty of people are excited for Warcry. I actually never heard of it till your post. It looks fun.

You should jump on Table Top Simulator - the two new armies should be added soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

Is it just me or does it seem like they’re trying for a full reveal for the core to be available at GenCon?

I really hope this means it’s out later in August for those of us who can’t be at GenCon.

That would be nice, and fit with what I had originally thought they were going for, but at this point I doubt they can pull it off.  Whatever kerfluffle that happened earlier in the summer seems to have bumped back any plans they might have had to do this.

 

Heck, I wouldn't mind if Dewbacks and Shoretroopers weren't released until September, if that meant Clones were out sooner.  That would actually fit the announcement schedule.  Not sure if my Shores will get that much play time anyway, so they might as well sit around a while before they get painted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

That would be nice, and fit with what I had originally thought they were going for, but at this point I doubt they can pull it off.  Whatever kerfluffle that happened earlier in the summer seems to have bumped back any plans they might have had to do this.

 

Heck, I wouldn't mind if Dewbacks and Shoretroopers weren't released until September, if that meant Clones were out sooner.  That would actually fit the announcement schedule.  Not sure if my Shores will get that much play time anyway, so they might as well sit around a while before they get painted. 

Assuming they continue to go in order, we'll get Dews and Shores at the end of August, and Clone Wars in September. But I'm sure the clone will be available for pre-release at Gencon - same thing they do with other product. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...