burdo78

Wave 4 messy?

Is it just me or is wave 4 really messy? Pre-ordered a couple of Naboo fighters, Hyena Bomber and the movement tools from a store in the Netherlands. The store informed me that they did not receive enough stock to fullfill all their pre-orders. I did get my bomber and tools, as they decided to ship at least a part of their order to all customers. It is pretty much impossible to find any of the wave 4 stuff in the Netherlands unless you are willing to pay a LOT to a private seller. Some online stores have listed 15th of oktober for new stock on wave 4!

I get that FFG makes money on new content, but wouldn't it be nice for players to receive the last wave, before pushing for the next?

Wave 4 isn't even released in France yet and have been made illegal for an entire System Open because of that. But it has been this way since beginning of 2nd edition. It's not new to wave 4.

I think it's more an issue of local distributors messing up the ordering process than FFG's fault.

Go to ‘the war store.com. They are on Long Island,New York,u.s.a. They have an international shipping page. I have done business with them for a few years and they have always been polite,and prompt in their replies.

23 minutes ago, 414taylor said:

Go to ‘the war store.com. They are on Long Island,New York,u.s.a. They have an international shipping page. I have done business with them for a few years and they have always been polite,and prompt in their replies.

Neil has said they are going out of business after one of their employees robbed them blind, so may not be the best place to go.

FFG does seem to struggle with the distribution side of the business; this may be due to how quickly Asmodee has expanded, and the logistical hurdles inherent in trying to print enough stock in all the required languages and then get it shipped out to the correct markets.

Doesn't excuse the cock ups, mind. Spare a thought for the French player base (screwed over by a terrible decision to restock 1e kits because FFG didn't tell them 2e was imminent) and the Brazilian players (their local distributor dropped the product line due to complaints received over their mishandling of the 2e launch).

Yep. No Hyenas and N-1s in my country. Sounds like 2 stores at our close neighbours got 1-2 packs each - snatched one Hyena from 'em! :P Cannot get a second one without paying medium ship price for it. 
N-1s are nowhere to be found. 

Side-rant:
The distribution is still less messy than the frankly stupid card interactions and missing rules clarifications on the stuff coming in Wave 4. 

This has been one of the most odd wave release in the history of the game. Not even the TFA leak compares to this. Back in the day the Wave was just delayed but this was released prematurely in some places, delayed in others. This wave release has been haphazardly conducted.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 12:01 PM, PhantomFO said:

The N-1 is also in crazy demand right now. It's an iconic swarm ship with good stats that had never been released before, making it probably the most popular release of 2nd edition.

yeah we have 6 regulars in our small local group. No idea how many other x-wing players that come into the store for product. We had our n-1 preorders and shelf stock. sold out. store restocked them. sold out. no idea when they will get more. I know at least one more regular player wants another or two. I'll prob grab one more when they restock.