Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ynnen

Core Set Card Errata / Revision 5/7/10

54 posts in this topic

Armoks said:

youper said:

Doesn't fast only help if you miss? This seems unlikely for someone using Trollfeller Strike, since only one person can have this card using RAW. Most groups would give it to someone that isn't going to miss very often. Of course perhaps you are playing with a house rule that allows fast to work for all attacks.

No. From the FAQ:

"The Fast item quality printed in the rulebook is incorrect. No recharge tokens are acquired if the action misses. The following is the correct description:

These weapons are generally easy to wield and agile. Attacks made with weapons with the fast quality gain: 
<boon> Place one fewer recharge token on this action"

Thanks I missed that!

dvang said:

As monkey and fresnel said ...  more specific example

Old way (together):

Weapon 1: 5+4 = 9

Weapon 2: 4+4 = 8

Total 17 Wounds

To + Soak = 7

17 - 7 = 10 Wounds.

10 Wounds Total

New Way (separate):

Weapon 1: 5+4 = 9.

To + Soak = 7

9 - 7 = 2 wounds from weapon 1

Weapon 2: 4+4 = 8

To + soak = 7

8 - 7 = 1 wound from weapon 1

2+1 = 3 Wounds Total

You're transposing the math from the new formula onto the old formula.  The card actually said "Add the damage value from both weapons to your strength to determine your damage potential."  In your math you actually apply the strength value twice.

As I read the card, the old way was (Strength + Weapon 1 + Weapon 2) not (Strength + Weapon 1 + Strength + Weapon 2).  The Old Way did less initial damage, but had less taken off... The new way does more damage initially, but subtracts the toughness and soak for each hit.

Which, using your same numbers (5+4+4+4) would instead actually have been (5+4+4)=13

To + Soak = 7

Old Way: 13 - 7 = 6 wounds

New Way: 17 -14 = 3 wounds

The above numbers would result in a fight versus a Gor (To+Soak =7).  Lets look at what happens in a fight with a Skeleton (To+Soak = 4) using the same damage numbers.

Old way: 13 - 4 = 9 wounds

New Way: 17 - 8 = 9 wounds

Now let's see what happens versus a Wargor (To+Soak = 9)

Old Way: 13 - 9 = 4 wounds

New Way: 17 - 18 = -1 wound, but thx to minimum damage does 2 wounds

Using your original damage numbers, the new double-strike does the same damage versus weak foes (Skeleton),  less damage versus tougher foes (Gor), and literally minimum damage against foes with high toughness+soak (Wargor).  The way it scales is really wanky.  I think if any change was made, it should have been in that recharge, making it at least a recharge 3, since its current recharge 2 refreshes every other round.

Hi FFG, are you going to update your ERRATA and correct all of your mistakes made in recent releases?

So I figure someone should post an update in this thread, why not me? :) The errata was updated on the 8th of September 2011 according to the new file.

I'm certain I have looked there since I joined the boards and have only just noticed a new one today... did anyone else notice the new errata before today?

(The Living Index & Component List is also updated to the same date)