JimbonX

No Autoblasters to B-Wing Expansionen

4 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

I wasn’t aware of that. This brings up the secondary issue of buying ships for cards. I know we can be awfully demanding and I really want to give FFG credit where it’s due. It just seems to me like card packs are such an easy product to get to market I don’t understand why they don’t do one every Wave or at least every other Wave.

And I don’t mean new pilots or anything. Wave 6 is a great timeline for that if it ends up happening. I just mean a small $5 pack with 3 of each generic upgrade from that wave. Easy money, right? 😕

Number of products is a concern.  The more different products they release, the more different packaging they need to print and the more shelf space is required.  It may not seem like much now, but by Wave 15?  Who knows?

Also, the card packs may or may not be a big seller.  Especially if they divide them up too much, some Waves might have almost nothing that people want to buy separately, especially if it's mostly cards with a very niche use.  Better if they go with a larger pack annually, or something similar, to allow more content as well as to reduce numbers of products.

Just now, JJ48 said:

Number of products is a concern.  The more different products they release, the more different packaging they need to print and the more shelf space is required.  It may not seem like much now, but by Wave 15?  Who knows?

Also, the card packs may or may not be a big seller.  Especially if they divide them up too much, some Waves might have almost nothing that people want to buy separately, especially if it's mostly cards with a very niche use.  Better if they go with a larger pack annually, or something similar, to allow more content as well as to reduce numbers of products.

That’s fair. Maybe I’m just being a baby. Either way I really can’t hold it against them as they’re trying to overcome some truly massive growing pains.

Here’s hoping for great stuff from Epic and Wave VI!

2 hours ago, skotothalamos said:

it only took them printing a card that people want 4+ of in a $30 expansion that people want 0-1 of.

I got two of the expansions. Been having fun running the little pods as z95-Esque ships. Although my flgs charged me $20 each - not sure if that was a mistake or intended. Is it a $30 box? It’s sized like the other $20 ones.

I’m not sure autoblaster is all that great. Still minimal dice, and greater limitations. Who is building a 4x autoblaster list?

2 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

I got two of the expansions. Been having fun running the little pods as z95-Esque ships. Although my flgs charged me $20 each - not sure if that was a mistake or intended. Is it a $30 box? It’s sized like the other $20 ones.

I’m not sure autoblaster is all that great. Still minimal dice, and greater limitations. Who is building a 4x autoblaster list?

FFG site price is 29.95 US$

Posted (edited)

I think it might have been a better model if they released the ship packs with the bare minimum cards necessary to play the ship (so pilots and any ship-specific cards like S-Foils or titles) and then released a generic card pack to go with each wave.  Adjust prices accordingly.  That way you can get precisely the ship(s) you want and buy one or more card packs to get as many of the cards that you could possibly want or need, regardless of which faction(s) you play.  

Either put the faction-specific cards like named crew in with the ship packs, or release an additional faction-specific card pack for each wave as well so you don't end up paying extra for cards you can't get have more than one of anyway.

So you might end up buying something like 2 Y-Wings, an X-Wing, a YT-1300, two 'Wave 1 Generics' packs, and a single 'Rebel Heroes #1' pack, and be good to go.  If you already have the ships you want, you just get the generic pack and the heroes pack if there's new stuff in there that you want.

Edited by MikeEvans

If FFG really wanted to get away from people having to buy ships for cards as was the case in V 1.0 they could make proxy cards legal at tournaments. With all of the list building apps it is easy enough to check the card's wording. Maybe they could set up a PoD option allowing people to order what they need. Even if they had a minimum purchase amount if say $20 which got you up to 20 cards it would be worth it.

I'm nit trying to salt any wounds or throw more gas on a fire. Just trying to think outloud about some possible solutions. Perhaps others can build on them to make them more viable.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Monkeyshine77 said:

If FFG really wanted to get away from people having to buy ships for cards as was the case in V 1.0 they could make proxy cards legal at tournaments. With all of the list building apps it is easy enough to check the card's wording. Maybe they could set up a PoD option allowing people to order what they need. Even if they had a minimum purchase amount if say $20 which got you up to 20 cards it would be worth it.

I'm nit trying to salt any wounds or throw more gas on a fire. Just trying to think outloud about some possible solutions. Perhaps others can build on them to make them more viable.

We get card packs. They were announced and we don't know how they will work.

Of all times in the life of Xwing we are now in the unique slot where it is extremely pointless to discuss possible solutions. Yes, even more pointless than ever before and it will be until the second (!) set of card packs is released.

Edited by GreenDragoon
Clarification

If nothing else this forum gives people a place to vent similar frustrations then.

I really enjoy this game and I am not out to torpedo it. Sometimes if enough people vent similar frustrations, while it may not have an impact on the current situation, it may give the developers enough insight to change things down the road to prevent similar issues from happening again.

I think that waiting close to year for the aforementioned card packs but not seeing them or any news of them warrants a bit of inquiry into them. 

I don't see how discussing issues and concerns is pointless, and I'm not sure how you can either unless you have some way of seeing into the future. 

Just my own thoughts, take them for what you will.

17 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

It's $30, but has 2 ships in one. 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

It's two points. Add marksmanship and it's still just three.

For 1-3 unblockable crits that's pretty sweet by most measures, even with the restrictions. But I think the main reason is that other cannons are pretty unusable at their current costs except marginally on the Scyk or Ups, and even there they're not seeing much use or success. This is the first cannon that's really versatile and well-costed, other than Tractor Beam which has a pretty niche role.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

33 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

For unblockable crits that's pretty sweet by most measures, even with the restrictions. But I think the main reason is that other cannons are pretty unusable at their current costs except marginally on the Scyk or Ups, and even there they're not seeing much use or success. This is the first cannon that's really versatile and well-costed, other than Tractor Beam which has a pretty niche role.

Right now they look pretty balanced, though I hope we don't get too many abilities that grant crits and can combo, because too many uncancelable dice are no fun.

But for now, they seem to be an upgrade with the potential to hit hard if you're in the right place, while sometimes being worse than your primary if you're not.  Personally, I prefer upgrades to be a situational choice rather than always being the only real option.

On 7/21/2019 at 12:49 AM, GreenDragoon said:

Come on, you know better than to do that. This comment is disingenuous and only incites others. Don't do that please.

Disingenuous huh? So, now that we are almost a year into the game, with 2 points adjustments under their belts, has FFG kept their promise and made the Moldy Crow title available without having to buy a card that hasn't been printed in a Scum faction product? How about Maul? BT1 and 000? How about agile gunner?  And now add to that Diamond Boron Missiles, electroproton bombs, passive sensors, autoblaster cannon, delayed fuses and probably some others I'm forgetting from wave IV.

How long does FFG get to have kept their promise without actually keeping it? 2020? 2025? Why can't people just accept that FFG made a promise in 2018 and has broken that promise for 10 continuous months without jumping on every person that points it out and calling them disengenuous. In my opinion it's disengenuous to break a promise and then claim you've not broken because you're going to maybe fix it at some undetermined point in the future (but will definitely keep breaking it again and again to sell more ships to people that don't want them).

24 minutes ago, Tvboy said:

has FFG kept their promise and made the Moldy Crow title available without having to buy a card that hasn't been printed in a Scum faction product? How about Maul? BT1 and 000? How about agile gunner?  And now add to that Diamond Boron Missiles, electroproton bombs, passive sensors, autoblaster cannon, delayed fuses and probably some others I'm forgetting from wave IV.

Maybe we could wait until the HWK is rereleased for any faction before worrying about which factions don't have the upgrades?  Same for the bots.  Agile Gunner may be worth consideration, but considering it hasn't even been out a year, I'm willing to wait a little longer and see where they're going with it. 

25 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Decimator expansion. Is out now.

Ghost Expansion in Wave 5.

That doesn't help much if you already got a Ghost or a decimator from 1st edition and got your faction's conversion kit.
They said you wouldn't need to rebuy the ships you already have.

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2019 at 8:49 PM, ClassicalMoser said:

For 1-3 unblockable crits that's pretty sweet by most measures, even with the restrictions. But I think the main reason is that other cannons are pretty unusable at their current costs except marginally on the Scyk or Ups, and even there they're not seeing much use or success. This is the first cannon that's really versatile and well-costed, other than Tractor Beam which has a pretty niche role.

I read it as 4 dice at range one in bullseye? Don’t you get the extra red at range one with cannons? Anyway, it is a steal for 2 points. 

Edited by BenDay

4 minutes ago, Azrapse said:

That doesn't help much if you already got a Ghost or a decimator from 1st edition and got your faction's conversion kit.

Then watch the FFG Inflight Report stream on the 31st... I'm thinking it might be of interest.

35 minutes ago, Azrapse said:

Did they say that you wouldn't have to rebuy AND you wouldn't have to buy out of faction, for the same upgrade?

Posted (edited)

I think FFG should sell a card pack for $10 containing just:

• Moldy Crow
  • Maul
  • 0-0-0
  • BT-1
  • 3 copies of Barrage rockets

It should have a snarky name, like "Completionist's Solace".

Edited by XPav

I thought they have said we are getting card packs by the end of the year, this is likely to be the fix for the problem.  If they do a card pack once per year to pick up all the missing cards then that’s me happy.

2 hours ago, Tvboy said:

Disingenuous huh?

Yes. If you would have read the other posts you would have seen that I asked two questions, and if you object to the second you are kindly invited to "go through the expansions that we did get, and tell me where missing upgrades should have been released. "

If you had kept going to page 2, you'd have seen my other point that o"f all times in the life of Xwing we are now in the unique slot where it is extremely pointless to discuss possible solutions. Yes, even more pointless than ever before and it will be until the second (!) set of card packs is released. "

But you stopped at disingenuous. Ironic.