JimbonX

No Autoblasters to B-Wing Expansionen

10 minutes ago, InterceptorMad said:

Yeah it was part of their 2.0 promise. You wouldn't have to buy a ship you already owned to get a new card.

I'm glad of it. I've not wanted to buy anything for 2 waves, so having to just to get some cards would suck.

It's ironic because they also made a promise that we wouldn't have to buy outside of faction, which is just untrue at this point...

4 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

It's ironic because they also made a promise that we wouldn't have to buy outside of faction, which is just untrue at this point...

Yes, if you want certain cards RIGHT NOW then you have to buy out of faction. But they have already started putting cards into other faction ships now, and we are getting card pack news soon. So if you don;t mind waiting, you don't HAVE to do anything.

5 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

They never said that all cards would be made available at the same time; Empire just got 0-0-0 & BT-1 in an expansion outside of the Scum Conversion Kit.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, XPav said:

None of the "reprint" expansions contain cards not found in the Conversion Kits.  This is fair, else people would get mad.

Well, people always get mad, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I'd expect it in the forthcoming card packs.

Nope, tie v1 contains hate. Here, I brought some pitchforks too :D

Edit: whaaat? it is in the first order kit? Well I dont consider that a faction...

Edited by Xeletor

3 hours ago, Innese said:

They never said that all cards would be made available at the same time; Empire just got 0-0-0 & BT-1 in an expansion outside of the Scum Conversion Kit.

By the time the upgrades become available we will most likely have them from buying cross faction anyway. Timing is everything. Any scum players out there not have the rebel conversion kit as well? Its the only way to get Moldy Crow right now. FFG has given customers the choice of buying now or waiting for the card packs to get what they need. With no timeframe given for when these will be available its not solving the problem. Best option is to borrow what you need off friends who own the stuff.

4 hours ago, Da_Brown_Bomber said:

Any scum players out there not have the rebel conversion kit as well? Its the only way to get Moldy Crow right now.

eBay is also a thing, though your point isn’t lost on me. I spent quite a while not flying my HWK because I couldn’t find a Moldy Crow card at a price I was willing to pay.

But the thing is, I don’t see any card as a must-have along the lines of how things were in 1.0. Maybe Moldy Crow specifically is a bad example of what I mean, because there doesn’t seem like much of a reason to fly a HWK without it. But I feel like FFG has been broadly successful at making a huge swath of ships viable for a lot of play scenarios without making you chase the upgrade du jour. Yeah, I’m as keen as anyone to get my hands on some Autoblasters, but it’s not going to ruin my ability to play X faction just because I can’t spam Autoblaster carriers without taking out a second mortgage to buy all the Resistance Transports in sight. I can fly something else, because there are multiple somethings else that don’t suck. And even if Autoblasters or whatever turn out to be op plz nerf in the short run, FFG can, will, and has jacked up points to address issues.

I might even argue that there’s a structural disincentive to chase the hot upgrades because we don’t really know what their future prices are going to look like. Better to buy 1 if you really want it, and just run a mixed/balanced list if you can live without it, because the future is always unknown.

13 minutes ago, CoffeeMinion said:

eBay is also a thing, though your point isn’t lost on me. I spent quite a while not flying my HWK because I couldn’t find a Moldy Crow card at a price I was willing to pay.

But the thing is, I don’t see any card as a must-have along the lines of how things were in 1.0. Maybe Moldy Crow specifically is a bad example of what I mean, because there doesn’t seem like much of a reason to fly a HWK without it. But I feel like FFG has been broadly successful at making a huge swath of ships viable for a lot of play scenarios without making you chase the upgrade du jour. Yeah, I’m as keen as anyone to get my hands on some Autoblasters, but it’s not going to ruin my ability to play X faction just because I can’t spam Autoblaster carriers without taking out a second mortgage to buy all the Resistance Transports in sight. I can fly something else, because there are multiple somethings else that don’t suck. And even if Autoblasters or whatever turn out to be op plz nerf in the short run, FFG can, will, and has jacked up points to address issues.

I might even argue that there’s a structural disincentive to chase the hot upgrades because we don’t really know what their future prices are going to look like. Better to buy 1 if you really want it, and just run a mixed/balanced list if you can live without it, because the future is always unknown.

What's this?!

You bring... logic? Here?! On an internet forum!?

HIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, CoffeeMinion said:

Good points. I went down another route and went halves with a friend who wanted more rebels stuff (he already had one rebel conversion kit and needed some more generics such as A-Wings) so it was a win win. I got to take all the unique pilots I needed (I have a decent rebel collection and although I don't play it anymore my thinking was I might be able to lend some of this rebel stuff to a friend on the odd occasion I'm testing at home). But essentially I only needed that MC title card from the rebel kit so I felt a bit stronger-armed into making the purchase... remember this was back when MC title coast 12 points and Palob and even Torkil were rampant in scum squads :)

Its less than ideal that you need to do this (putting the moody crow title in the scum kit was likely a oversight by FFG) but I agree that they got things mostly right. So good work FFG, you get a B- score for the conversion kits. Sadly the points cost has changed for Moldy Crow and its not seeing much play anymore since it was first launched. This is a cyclic thing and eventually I think it will be cheaper and more playable. Lets see what future points adjustments hold. With some luck the MC title will be freely available and cheaper to use over time.

Edited by Da_Brown_Bomber

There is the option to proxy for casual games. I see people bring no cards at all to casual night and just print a list. I have not seen anyone complaining. 

Lending from friends for tournaments is a thing, too. 

In this special case of Autoblasters, I find it more disturbing that there is only one copy in the resistance transport expansion. This is more of a ffs to me than the other expansion not having it. 

Upgrade cards do not matter as much as they did in V1: I fly most of my ships « naked ». 

I find it great with 2.0 that you can rely on your own skill and not only on cards combos: lots of good lists include mainly generics and naked named pilots.

The option to combo with many upgrade cards is still possible but not THE only way to go if you wanna win.

So, no need to buy out of faction 😉

12 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Come on, you know better than to do that. This comment is disingenuous and only incites others. Don't do that please.

3 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

Come on, you know better than to do that. This comment is disingenuous and only incites others. Don't do that please.

Is it untrue?

It wasn’t true for wave 1 (stuff found only in Lando’s Falcon, never mind things like the Moldy Crow).

It wasn’t true for wave 2 (only way for Imperials to get Hate was via First Order)

It wasn’t true for wave 3 (only new prequels had new things including new generics)

In wave 4, it still isn’t true. Most of a year later, Scum still can’t fly moldy crow without picking one up out of faction, the empire is still dependent on the First Order for Hate, etc.

You’d have an argument if the offset was never more than one wave of content away (like Legion, where the longest wait I’ve seen was 2-3 months for a card to appear in the other faction). But almost a year? Longer than that if we presume that only what is announced will be here before September.

Sorry, like it or not FFG hasn’t really kept up the “you don’t have to buy out of faction” - the closest argument you can and should be making if you wanted to defend them is that most of the out-of-faction purchases (Moldy Crow excepted) aren’t mandatory to fly.

44 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

But the HWK hasn't even been rereleased yet, has it?

The argument could be made the reason it wasn’t was to promote the conversion kit sales. There’s no reason for the scum to have 3 filler ship chassis in 2.0 releases before they have other things.

10 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

The argument could be made the reason it wasn’t was to promote the conversion kit sales. There’s no reason for the scum to have 3 filler ship chassis in 2.0 releases before they have other things.

Not really sure what you mean by "filler ships", but I agree that some of the release choices are a bit puzzling.  Seriously, why do Imps not have a new Lambda model yet?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

Is it untrue?

It has just enough of a kernel of truth to lead to the ever same, boring and enervating discussions.

Do you agree that

1. FFG can't release new content in rereleased ships, because they promised that they won't?

2. FFG can't release all new content for all factions within two waves - unless they are willing to add upgrades that can't be reasonably used in the expansion, something the community hates and continuously makes fun of even when FFG did it through quickbuilds?

If you agree then it's disingenuous to bemoan it. If you don't agree... well, I expect that an objection will be on the second point. But please go through the expansions that we did get, and tell me where missing upgrades should have been released.

Edited by GreenDragoon

5 hours ago, JJ48 said:

Not really sure what you mean by "filler ships", but I agree that some of the release choices are a bit puzzling.  Seriously, why do Imps not have a new Lambda model yet?

Filler ships to me are the cheap cannon fodder you use to either build a swarm list, or you use to, well, fill a list when you have points to spend and can’t slot a bigger threat in. Z95, scyk, and mining guild tie are all Scum examples of that. 

3 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

It has just enough of a kernel of truth to lead to the ever same, boring and enervating discussions.

Do you agree that

1. FFG can't release new content in rereleased ships, because they promised that they won't?

2. FFG can't release all new content for all factions within two waves - unless they are willing to add upgrades that can't be reasonably used in the expansion, something the community hates and continuously makes fun of even when FFG did it through quickbuilds?

I don’t necessarily agree with point 2.

Now, what I do think is that no matter how ffg slices it, there will be some people who defend the decision and there will be some people who are upset about it.

In the scheme of things, it impacts me pretty little because I bought my conversion kits and I have overlap in the most critical fails. So I’m not too upset, because it worked for me. I understand where others are upset though - being told you could fly only one faction in 2.0 and then finding out some of the challenges of actually doing so would be rough.

Mainly, my comment was to point out the overly strong defense to FFG that crossed past “they did the best they realistically could” (acceptable opinion) into “they never actually did this”, which is not really true. They did, but the other choices were worse.

4 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Mainly, my comment was to point out the overly strong defense to FFG that crossed past “they did the best they realistically could” (acceptable opinion) into “they never actually did this”, which is not really true. They did, but the other choices were worse.

Hence the "It has just enough of a kernel of truth to lead to the ever same, boring and enervating discussions.". Because they did the best they realistically could, and complaining about it helps noone and instead is needlessly inflammatory. Especially @ClassicalMoser should know better. I expect others to do so, but not him.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Hence the "It has just enough of a kernel of truth to lead to the ever same, boring and enervating discussions.". Because they did the best they realistically could, and complaining about it helps noone and instead is needlessly inflammatory. Especially @ClassicalMoser should know better. I expect others to do so, but not him.

I typically don’t. I’m so so pleased with so much of what FFG has done. I do think they’ve made card packs wait too long. They said we wouldn’t get things the same wave and that’s fine, but there’s also a reasonable expectation for waiting and that has been long surpassed. Vader still can’t get Hate, a Wave 2 card, until Wave 6 (assuming it’s included and we honestly have no idea). That’s five waves of waiting, and almost a year since the card first came out.

They were teasing the idea before the release of 1e and here almost a year later there’s still no official announcement. I really hope they blow us away with how awesome they’ll be. I’m already crazy excited for Epic and hope my expectations will be matched here as well.

I already got Autoblasters on the secondary market though. Pretty awful value but I found them for $5 each. Still beats waiting 6 months or spending $90 on a faction I don’t play. First time I’ve had to go secondary market or else buy out of faction, but I’m in FIVE now.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

1 minute ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Vader still can’t get Hate, a Wave 2 card, until Wave 6 (assuming it’s included and we honestly have no idea).

🤨 It'll be in faction Wave 5. From the V1 product page: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/x-wing-second-edition/products/x-wing-second-edition-inquisitors-tie-expansion-pack/

5 Upgrade Cards:

• 1 Afterburners
  • 1 Hate
  • 1 Heightened Perception
  • 1 Predictive Shot
  • 1 Proton Rockets

That being said, it ending up in card packs could be nice, though as a Scum main the upgrade really is moot to me (Assajj only force user...)

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

🤨 It'll be in faction Wave 5. From the V1 product page

I wasn’t aware of that. This brings up the secondary issue of buying ships for cards. I know we can be awfully demanding and I really want to give FFG credit where it’s due. It just seems to me like card packs are such an easy product to get to market I don’t understand why they don’t do one every Wave or at least every other Wave.

And I don’t mean new pilots or anything. Wave 6 is a great timeline for that if it ends up happening. I just mean a small $5 pack with 3 of each generic upgrade from that wave. Easy money, right? Yet keeps the secondary market from getting crazy. 😕

Edited by ClassicalMoser