Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

And here is your New TIE

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

But Harrison Ford was Indiana Jones, and good with a bazooka.   Jones is a professor.  Han calls C-3PO "professor."  And Harrison Ford is also Han Solo.

I think it's just 30 years of foreshadowing. 

Michael Sheard played the U - Boat Captain in Indiana Jones and the Lost Ark, he got promoted to Admiral in The Empire Strikes Back, and finally, the Führer Adolf Hitler in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Vader choked Admiral Ozzel as a preemptive strike in that Galaxy.

(Yes Julian Glover  who was Major General Veers/Walter Donovan was in the same movie as well.) 

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

2 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

But Harrison Ford was Indiana Jones, and good with a bazooka.   Jones is a professor.  Han calls C-3PO "professor."  And Harrison Ford is also Han Solo.

I think it's just 30 years of foreshadowing. 

I think its foreshadowing on Vaders part. The Emperor made Vader manipulating the force, Vader built C-3po. The Emperor is back, Vader has one last trick, the Emperor will never see comming. C-3po with a huuuge Gun... OhgodIcantwaitforthistobeover... 

13 minutes ago, Dwing said:

I think its foreshadowing on Vaders part. The Emperor made Vader manipulating the force, Vader built C-3po. The Emperor is back, Vader has one last trick, the Emperor will never see comming. C-3po with a huuuge Gun... OhgodIcantwaitforthistobeover... 

The funniest/saddest (depends the point of view) part is that after what we seen in the 7 and 8, I could totally see it happening in the future movie.

Ya'll gripin' bout that new/old imperial paint scheme and sith troopers like it ain't deliberate af on their part to have these in direct contrast to first order stuff.

Ya'll think there's no reason for that sudden, explanation-less shift? Wait until December.

3 minutes ago, Captain Lackwit said:

Ya'll gripin' bout that new/old imperial paint scheme and sith troopers like it ain't deliberate af on their part to have these in direct contrast to first order stuff.

Ya'll think there's no reason for that sudden, explanation-less shift? Wait until December.

I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if it's just a random cosmetic change unless you look into the backstory/visual dictionaries etc.

It's not like they explain why Poe's T70 is black and orange when everyone else's is blue and white on screen.  Or why there's a weird wonky-winged bomber in the background.  Or what an A Wing or a B Wing is, or... etc etc...

Just give us a proper Resistance B-Wing.... create it the way a real B-Wing was suppose to be depicted (CANNONS!)  B-Wings should have started with a 4 dice primary from the beginning!  EC Henry design looks plausible!

Just now, Sasebo75 said:

B-Wings should have started with a 4 dice primary from the beginning!

No.  4-dice primaries should be really rare, and I question whether any ship should have them at all.  It's easier to place proper costs and limitations (including charges, etc.) on attacks when they come in the form of secondary weapons. 

1 minute ago, Sasebo75 said:

Just give us a proper Resistance B-Wing.... create it the way a real B-Wing was suppose to be depicted (CANNONS!)  B-Wings should have started with a 4 dice primary from the beginning!  EC Henry design looks plausible!

🤨 Underlined contradicts the rest since ECHenry's version of the B-Wing 2 hyper emphasizes its torps.

Posted (edited)

Resistance B-Wings (2 charges / charges cannot be recovered):  May spend 1 charge to have 4 dice primary for that round

Fixed

Edited by Sasebo75

17 minutes ago, Sasebo75 said:

Just give us a proper Resistance B-Wing.... create it the way a real B-Wing was suppose to be depicted (CANNONS!)  B-Wings should have started with a 2 dice primary from the beginning!

Fixed it.

You want it to take cannons? Give it one good reason...

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Fixed it.

You want it to take cannons? Give it one good reason...

Some are going to disagree, but iirc that suggestion actually makes sense Lore and Theme wise. B-Wings had half the laser cannons of X-Wings (2 vs the X-Wing's 4, they're located in the bulb opposite the cockpit) but had both Ion Cannons (the guns on the "S-Foils") and Auto Blasters (the guns built into the cockpit module) in addition to its torpedoes. A bit late for it though. :(

Edited by Hiemfire

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

but had both Ion Cannons (the guns on the "S-Foils") and Auto Blasters (the guns built into the cockpit module) in addition to its torpedoes.

And a gargantuan Heavy Laser Cannon out the bottom, can't forget that. 3 cannons slots would be suuuper interesting as that makes for quite a toolbox ship. That is, it would if it weren't 11 points for all those upgrades anyway. Ion one turn so that you can get a good Autoblaster shot next round and your friends can HLC. Sounds really cool in theory. Unfortunately Ion isn't a great buy at 5 IMO and HLC doesn't proc often enough for 4. One point down on each though...

Edited by ClassicalMoser

2 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

And a gargantuan Heavy Laser Cannon out the bottom, can't forget that. 3 cannons slots would be suuuper interesting as that makes for quite a toolbox ship. That is, it would if it weren't 11 points for all those upgrades anyway. Ion one turn so that you can get a good Autoblaster shot next round and your friends can HLC. Sounds really cool in theory. Unfortunately Ion isn't a great buy at 5 IMO and HLC doesn't proc often enough for 4. One point down on each though...

That is the bulb with the 2 laser cannons...

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

latest?cb=20170713061907

Apparently it has 3 ion cannons in Canon and 1 Laser cannon. 

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/A/SF-01_B-wing_starfighter

Edited by Hiemfire

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

That is the bulb with the 2 laser cannons...

Schematics I've seen always referred to it as a "Heavy Laser Cannon" but I actually didn't realize that the cannons on the foils were Ion as well, so I guess it's moot. But combined with the Ion cannon at the foot-end, that means this thing has three ion cannons making it a prime candidate for Linked Battery. Why didn't it get that ship ability? Perhaps we'll never know :(

I could see a config to give it an extra cannon (for free) and remove its primary. Maybe just "When you perform a primary attack, your hit and crit results deal ion tokens instead of damage." Actually makes it better than a standard Ion cannon which it should be.

Or else a Config for Linked Battery.

Or give it both to choose from, make them free, and up the cost of the chassis by 5. 😛

Edited by ClassicalMoser

1 minute ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Schematics I've seen always referred to it as a "Heavy Laser Cannon" but I actually didn't realize that the cannons on the foils were Ion as well, so I guess it's moot. But combined with the Ion cannon at the foot-end, that means this thing has three ion cannons making it a prime candidate for Linked Battery. Why didn't it get that ship ability? Perhaps we'll never know :(

The Legends B-Wing did have a heavy laser cannon. It got changed.

12 hours ago, thespaceinvader said:

I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if it's just a random cosmetic change unless you look into the backstory/visual dictionaries etc.

It's not like they explain why Poe's T70 is black and orange when everyone else's is blue and white on screen.  Or why there's a weird wonky-winged bomber in the background.  Or what an A Wing or a B Wing is, or... etc etc...

That's

not what I mean

I mean that chances are high this wont be first order.

Posted (edited)
On 7/23/2019 at 5:39 AM, Sasebo75 said:

Or even better, Hera's B-wing. Though it would have to be over 100 points and epic play. Really that monster would be more at home in Armada.

Edit: Backwards engineering from armada, a b-wing throws 2 dice vs capital ships, to cripple a Aquitens in one pass it would need to shoot out... at least 5. And even then it needs to roll really well. So applying a 2.5 multiplayer to back to x-wing and being conservative... 7 dice cannon anyone? (with the old turbolaser rule I guess, evades count double).

Edited by CMDR Kastor

7 hours ago, CMDR Kastor said:

Or even better, Hera's B-wing.

2 upgrades:

•B-6 Prototype Title:

Agility +1

”Decrease the difficulty of your basic maneuvers”

12ish points

•Composite Laser Cannon double-slot Cannon:

6 dice bullseye, R2-3

Attack (lock): spend three charges and gain 3 Ion tokens to perform this attack. You may turn all hit results to crit results.

After you engage, if all charges are active, lose all charges.

3 charges, recurring.

10ish points.

And then just for grins:

Hera Syndulla - Phoenix Leader

I5 B-Wing Pilot.

While you have two or fewer stress tokens, you can perform actions and execute red maneuvers.

After you fully execute a blue maneuver, remove all your stress tokens.

54ish points.

Full package for around 76, but good luck making that hit!

7 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

6 dice bullseye, R2-3

Attack (lock): spend three charges and gain 3 Ion tokens to perform this attack. You may turn all hit results to crit results.

After you engage, if all charges are active, lose all charges. 

3 charges, recurring.

10ish points.

Hmm naw. It's refire time is actually really fast, I'd rather lean into the fact it's a capital class weapon. It's also notably range restricted.
7 dice bullseye, R2
Attack (focus): the defender doubles his defense pool.
10+points
Murders big ships, so-so otherwise.