Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

And here is your New TIE

6 minutes ago, Pewpewpew BOOM said:

FO stuff in the movies & cartoons has been black or red. Why is the dagger is the TIE Dagger Imperial grey?  Is there still a vestige of The Empire that exists outside of the first order?

TIE Echelon is also grey and black, and I'm pretty sure it's FO too. Not a fan; I always thought the black and white was cooler, and either way I prefer to keep my fleets uniform (I even have all blue-gray TIE/ln fighters and TIE/x1 and am upset that the /v1 only comes in grey).

Posted (edited)

Except the ship was around well before that during the development of TFA. 

Source: The Art of The Force Awakens

EDIT: This reply was for the guy who claimed this TIE was based on the fan art of a "TIE Vector". 

Edited by AgentoftheEmpire
woops! wrong quote

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

Well, from my POV, the fact that you are the OP is pretty much a spoiler alert

I read your stuff cuz I want to see what's new.   So, thanks!

And that’s when I laugh/snorted my over priced Tres Leches Häagen-Dazs milkshake into the wrong hole*  here at Comic-Con. 

*I’ll blame my slow epiglottis.

Edited by Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

I don’t care what anyone says, I like it. Part of the draw for FO as a faction is that they’ve continued to derive and evolve from Imperial designs. And that means TIEs and shuttles, people. It’s TIEs and shuttles all the way down.

Gotta say if FFG wants the First Order to have more ships there is plenty options now.

FO troop transport, Xi Class shuttle, Tie Echelon, Tie Dagger/Rangle, Vonreg's Interceptor, Bomber from Resistance season 2 poster, and the Silencer from Rise of Skywalker.

Resistance is honestly the one who will be struggling for more ships. T-85 X-wing, the Fireball, Transports that flew away from the Raddus, a transport from Galaxy's Edge that had a CR90 head, and...yeah nothing else really.

17 minutes ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

Resistance is honestly the one who will be struggling for more ships. T-85 X-wing, the Fireball, Transports that flew away from the Raddus, a transport from Galaxy's Edge that had a CR90 head, and...yeah nothing else really.

I worry about Resistance’s long-term expandabity, and you’re kind of poking at why: they’re an unsanctioned paramilitary force existing on the fringes of a legitimate government. Yet they’re also one specific group, rather than the galaxy-and-era-spanning hodgepodge of Scum, or even the Rebellion, which had quite a while to build from grassroots in the ‘verse (and which has long been supported through expanded media). A lot seems to hinge on what Rise of Skywalker tells us about how broad their base of allies is across the galaxy.  But right now, Resistance feels like it could end up representing an extremely thin slice of people, time, ships, and events.

Fingers crossed that I’m wrong.

Well, this confirms a Y-Wing for the Resistance, and we can expect that T-85 eventually too. Which is cool.

So I'll be frank, I kinda' don't and do like this new TIE Fighter. It seems awkwardly shaped, but the cockpit is kinda' cool. It IS different.

On 7/19/2019 at 11:18 PM, Darth Meanie said:

Makes me glad to have switched to the Resistance for the ST era.

The TIE Garden Trowel is something I'd rather shoot down than fly.

2ba.jpg

...though, I can't help but agree that Resistance is just more fun and interesting than FO, currently. 

10 hours ago, CoffeeMinion said:

I worry about Resistance’s long-term expandabity, and you’re kind of poking at why: they’re an unsanctioned paramilitary force existing on the fringes of a legitimate government. Yet they’re also one specific group, rather than the galaxy-and-era-spanning hodgepodge of Scum, or even the Rebellion, which had quite a while to build from grassroots in the ‘verse (and which has long been supported through expanded media). A lot seems to hinge on what Rise of Skywalker tells us about how broad their base of allies is across the galaxy.  But right now, Resistance feels like it could end up representing an extremely thin slice of people, time, ships, and events.

One of the great things about the Star Wars IP is that it's based on a totally imaginary universe.  Which means FFG can just make **** up. -_-

10 hours ago, CoffeeMinion said:

It doesn't help that the Sequels almost immediately established, "The New Republic is completely inconsequential to this era."

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

It doesn't help that the Sequels almost immediately established, "The New Republic is completely inconsequential to this era."

One option, if FFG were given a free hand, would be to start using the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant from the EU to keep these factions alive.  There are a plethora of options then, and if FFG wanted to be a little purist, they could be sub-factions of the Resistance and FO like these factions were in the beginning.

You could argue that these ships were from a brief time period before the New Republic disarmed and the Imperials had a chance to reorganize into the FO.

OTOH, it means the E-Wing is now totally in the wrong faction--and yet, this establishes the precedent for New Republic ships being in the game.

Edited by Darth Meanie

1 hour ago, JJ48 said:

Even the books made it clear that the New Republic government was set up to self destruct by being full of corrupt people. As soon as Mon Mothma stepped down and Leia's heritage was exposed and she was forced out as well. Once that happened, the NR was completely neutered and became completely inept at doing anything, more so than the Galactic Republic was before it's fall to the Empire.

2 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

One option, if FFG were given a free hand, would be to start using the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant from the EU to keep these factions alive.  There are a plethora of options then, and if FFG wanted to be a little purist, they could be sub-factions of the Resistance and FO like these factions were in the beginning.

OTOH, it means the E-Wing is now totally in the wrong faction--and yet, this establishes the precedent for New Republic ships being in the game.

Easy fix: when they release the E-wing, give it dual dials and pilot cards for Rebels and Resistance... both sets are identical allowing players with only the Rebel dials and cards to use them in Resistance lists. When/if they make a Resistance card pack, include duplicate E-wing pilot cards (as well as new uniques). Same with the K-wing. Its clunky, but it could work!

Just now, Kehl_Aecea said:

Even the books made it clear that the New Republic government was set up to self destruct by being full of corrupt people. As soon as Mon Mothma stepped down and Leia's heritage was exposed and she was forced out as well. Once that happened, the NR was completely neutered and became completely inept at doing anything, more so than the Galactic Republic was before it's fall to the Empire.

The new books?  I'm afraid I haven't gotten around to them yet.

I do wish, though, that the Sequels had stuck with the "new government fights against another government as well as internal problems" of the old EU.

Just now, Kehl_Aecea said:

Easy fix: when they release the E-wing, give it dual dials and pilot cards for Rebels and Resistance... both sets are identical allowing players with only the Rebel dials and cards to use them in Resistance lists. When/if they make a Resistance card pack, include duplicate E-wing pilot cards (as well as new uniques). Same with the K-wing. Its clunky, but it could work!

I like it, but people would likely complain about them not appearing in the Conversion Kits, and being "forced" to rebuy a ship they already own.

6 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I like it, but people would likely complain about them not appearing in the Conversion Kits, and being "forced" to rebuy a ship they already own.

He, that's why they'd also be in the card pack with other new pilots and cards for the faction... literally anyone saying "but I don't want any new pilots or cards, I just want THESE pilots" would be a filthy liar.

16 minutes ago, Kehl_Aecea said:

14 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Eh, make them new releases with alternate livery and a resulpt for the E-Wing.

Kinda like the ARC-170.

E-wing for Resistance would be fun, though I would immediately regret divesting both of mine from 1.0!

45 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

Eh, make them new releases with alternate livery and a resulpt for the E-Wing.

Kinda like the ARC-170.

A repaint or resculpt would definitely make me feel less bad!

8 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

always thought the Punisher, E-Wing, and K-Wing would go to the new-era factions

They’re just in that weird pocket of stuff that would’ve made more sense pre-TFA and the nuking of Legends. I think it’d be great to spread them across more factions, but at least they’re somewhere.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

o5qwykp56sb31.png

@Crabbok   you rang?

Can you just imagine how we will all laugh and laugh when c-3po will pulls out a big gun,  because its c-3po 😑... 

Edited by Dwing

29 minutes ago, Dwing said:

Can you just imagine how we will all laugh and laugh when c-3po will pulls out a big gun,  because its c-3po 😑... 

But Harrison Ford was Indiana Jones, and good with a bazooka.   Jones is a professor.  Han calls C-3PO "professor."  And Harrison Ford is also Han Solo.

I think it's just 30 years of foreshadowing.