MasterShake2

There it is Luke and Vader article

If you decide to use his infiltration command card you put him on the table at the end of the setup, so after every enemy unit is allready placed on the field.
Therefore his infiltration won't be like apearing inside the enemys deployment zone.
Depending on the deployment he will most likely be placed just a bit ahead of the rest of the army.
I think this is fine, since it looks more like a leader leading the attack than a solo guy flying right into the enemes lines.

4 hours ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Did we really need a second Luke when we still haven't gotten Lando? I mean, it's nice that they picked a more suitable sculpt than the original, but where the **** is Lando?

I want Lando too, but there is a benefit to having one of the original three as an Operative instead of a Commander.

2 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

I been saying Legion suffers from artistically redundant releases for awhile now. 

I am excited about the potential for future costume changes though!

It’s not redundant; you now can run Luke, Han, Leia and Chewie. 

52 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Thanks for the answers, it does help.😁

The only thing I have a serious problem with is the addition of Infiltrate.

I do remember the Rebels episode you guys are talking about, but he was hardly delivered to a war zone. He was taken to the top of a Sith temple. Comparing being dropped off at the top of a temple where no one was shooting at him to dropping him off into the middle of a war zone seems ludicrous to me.  I suppose they should be taking things from the cartoon CW then, where Mace rides a droid starfighter by holding on to the wires that he ripped from inside, cause that would be the nearest equivalent.🙄 I think this may be the first time the designers have missed thematically.

It almost seems like the designers heard the complaints that it’s too hard to get Vader up and into combat, so they gave him Spur (which was brilliant and a good choice), but then went overboard and added Infiltrate and Scout, as if one of those wasn’t enough.

Sorry, slight rant there, but it just seems a poor choice.

Here’s the Mace video, enjoy.

That isn't cannon rebels is....

58 minutes ago, Derrault said:

He gains a hit point, a courage, a black die, a force slot, disengage, and master of the force 1 for only 40 points...that’s really good. 

He also loses his ranged weapon. Overall, I disagree. 40 points is a steep price to pay in a game that’s about activation efficiency. 

Why do you think everyone is so excited about Vader? They shaved off 30 points and he has very similar stats as before. 

I think I will have to see how useful disengage is. That will determine if new Luke is a good option over old Luke.

6 hours ago, LunarSol said:

He was going to lose that by becoming an Operative anyway

Unless he becomes Commander again when the generic gets picked off. Regardless, losing the bubble either way should probably cause a points decrease and is still technically a thing the new version of Vader lost as opposed to the initial release. FFG didn't have to make the new versions Operatives, they still could have made them Commanders.

3 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

Does anyone else think it’s not very thematic to give Vader Infiltrate (or did I miss something from the EU)? 

He sneaks up on Luke real well a couple of times during their fight in Cloud City. I think he’s got some undocumented Sith power that lets him move quick and silent as a ninja when no one is watching him. Like that hockey mask guy in the slasher movies.

1 hour ago, Derrault said:

It’s not redundant; you now can run Luke, Han, Leia and Chewie. 

You could before in a Grand Army. And we at least had them. I can't take all the Support units I like at once either but I least I have the option to use them. What I really wonder is, if they are being released in preparation to stop selling the GVW starter box. And what other neat costume changes we'll get.

Edited by TauntaunScout

Just now, TauntaunScout said:

You could before in a Grand Army. And we at least had them. I can't take all the Support units I like at once either but I least I have the option to use them. What I really wonder is, if they are being released in preparation to stop selling the GVW starter box.

I really doubt they will stop selling/producing the original core set.   There will always be people who want to get in on the game and want to play Empire versus rebels.  

The only way I could see them discontinuing it is if they split the box in two and made a rebel only and separate empire only army booster.

But as the article says that the command cards are interchangeable, it stands to reason that FFG will likely continue printing it, just not in the same numbers.   

9 minutes ago, Tayloraj100 said:

He sneaks up on Luke real well a couple of times during their fight in Cloud City. I think he’s got some undocumented Sith power that lets him move quick and silent as a ninja when no one is watching him. Like that hockey mask guy in the slasher movies.

It's called "Sith plot stealth." 

2 hours ago, Derrault said:

He gains a hit point, a courage, a black die, a force slot, disengage, and master of the force 1 for only 40 points...that’s really good. 

Only? I can get 4 hit points and 4 black dice for that. Though those hot points are significantly more fragile.

54 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

It's called "Sith plot stealth." 

The source material supports Vader's habit of popping out of nowhere pretty well :)

New Vader will be fun to pair with Officer, Krennic or Palp. 

JK Luke looks cool; not sure he'll want Saber Throw tho' as it doesn't pair well with Charge. 

27 minutes ago, FearofaBlankPlanet said:

The source material supports Vader's habit of popping out of nowhere pretty well :)

New Vader will be fun to pair with Officer, Krennic or Palp. 

JK Luke looks cool; not sure he'll want Saber Throw tho' as it doesn't pair well with Charge. 

saber throw with luke is now 4 black dice instead of 3 so there is a benefit of it. specially if you can't get in close to the enemy.

2 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

He also loses his ranged weapon. Overall, I disagree. 40 points is a steep price to pay in a game that’s about activation efficiency. 

Why do you think everyone is so excited about Vader? They shaved off 30 points and he has very similar stats as before. 

I think I will have to see how useful disengage is. That will determine if new Luke is a good option over old Luke.

True, but he can use saber throw to toss 4 black crit surge dice with pierce 2, which is a much better ranged attack.

And, although I like the flexibility of an operative version of Vader, he’s quite a bit weaker. (-2 wounds, -1 dice, suppressable, panicable, loss of a force power slot and staples on a weaker ranged attack; although scatter might be good).

Edited by Derrault

57 minutes ago, Tirion said:

Only? I can get 4 hit points and 4 black dice for that. Though those hot points are significantly more fragile.

Yeah 4 hit points with worse saves, no immunity to pierce, no surge on attack, no pierce, etc.

The 40 points are much more valuable on Luke, he’s a better chassis, and with 7 dice more than capable of one shotting an entire enemy unit. 

Edited by Derrault

9 hours ago, R3dReVenge said:

New Vader = Awesome.

New Luke = seems very underwhelming. 

Agree with vader. You will not think luke is underwhelming when someone son of skywalker you with 8 attack dice (tenacity) that can disengage between attacks to vaporize 2 of your units. Then, when you call to revenge and will play your best 1 pip to kill him he is a jedi like his father before and you can't actually attack (potencially wasting implacable, son of skywalker or now you will die...)

1 hour ago, naitsirk said:

Agree with vader. You will not think luke is underwhelming when someone son of skywalker you with 8 attack dice (tenacity) that can disengage between attacks to vaporize 2 of your units. Then, when you call to revenge and will play your best 1 pip to kill him he is a jedi like his father before and you can't actually attack (potencially wasting implacable, son of skywalker or now you will die...)

I agree that the new Luke looks great - but you can't do any actions between your SoS attacks. Vehicles had better fear that double-tap, though...

Just curious about Luke's 3 pip new command card. In which cases you'll want it in your list? I mean, you're already spending a lot of points to have one of the most powerful melee attacks in the game and have that unit at range 1 of at least 1 enemy unit which is a good thing in most cases. So why not just move a crush them instead of spending a 3 pip command to only give an order to Luke and also make him and 1 or 2 enemy units at range 1 not attack? Because you don't want him to go to the Dark Side?

7 minutes ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

Just curious about Luke's 3 pip new command card. In which cases you'll want it in your list? I mean, you're already spending a lot of points to have one of the most powerful melee attacks in the game and have that unit at range 1 of at least 1 enemy unit which is a good thing in most cases. So why not just move a crush them instead of spending a 3 pip command to only give an order to Luke and also make him and 1 or 2 enemy units at range 1 not attack? Because you don't want him to go to the Dark Side?

If you face palpatine it's pretty amazing. Also dropping it turn 5-6 to stop any remaining powerhouse units from attacking your objective holders/claiming bounty.

Return of the Jedi is a strong card as well, but I think this card has potential.

8 minutes ago, Lemmiwinks86 said:

Maybe because you want to protect a heavily wounded asset carrying a objective?   Because you want to get additional units into a better position.   Maybe because you are down to one health and you want to keep yourself alive because at the end of round 6 you will be victorious.   Because you know that you are facing Veers or Leia with thwir heavy ranged attack and you want to keep it from hitting you,m?  There are LOTS of options.

15 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Maybe because you want to protect a heavily wounded asset carrying a objective?

But you can engage at least 1 of them and if you have force push maybe you can put the other into melee with you so they cannot attack other units that turn, also with Luke being able to attack and potentially destroy one of those units. I guess that card could get better if there come more units with Disengage.

17 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Because you want to get additional units into a better position.

Same as above, Luke already has a potential to lock those 2 units, and very likely to even kill one of those.

18 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Maybe because you are down to one health and you want to keep yourself alive because at the end of round 6 you will be victorious.

I agree this could be useful in some cases.

19 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Because you know that you are facing Veers or Leia with thwir heavy ranged attack and you want to keep it from hitting you,m?

You mean not keeping them from hitting you but improve the chance that you get blocks having the defense surge, right? Because with the card you're only preventing 2 units that are at range 1 of Luke in the moment you issue him the order from attacking.

I'm not saying that it's a bad card, just that it's too situational in my opinion and I'm trying to see why you'll want to include that card instead of Assault, Covering Fire or your commander's 3 pip.