MasterShake2

There it is Luke and Vader article

1 minute ago, LunarSol said:

The loss of a force slot is kind of an interesting problem now.  I assume you still want to go with Reflexes, but the other one.  Force Push is probably the right play, but Force Choke and Infiltrate feels downright dirty.

he loose a force slot for a force attack and depending on the rules for scatter (most likely it will be force movement) so anger or force choke will be my guess for the second card.

6 minutes ago, azeronbloodmoone said:

he loose a force slot for a force attack and depending on the rules for scatter (most likely it will be force movement) so anger or force choke will be my guess for the second card.

Yeah, the 2 Force slots instead of 3 is one of the main areas that feels like a "loss" compared to 200pt Vader.

I could see a handful of Force upgrades for the 2nd slot (assuming Reflexes is auto-included every time).

Saber Throw is still going to be 3 Red dice.

Force Guidance can give himself a Surge token, Force Choke, Force Push will be extra movement of enemies if he has multiple targets nearby, he could hit one with Force Throw, and Force Push a 2nd lol

He looses a force slot true, but he also gaines a ranged attack, so no need for saber throw. Therefore all remains the same.
I think I will still run reflexes and force push on him. Even if Force Throw also gives him the ability to move enemy units with the scatter keyword force push is just too good to go without it. Doesn't need an attack, no LoS, none of his two actions and most important he can disengage with it.
Also he has a training slot now in exchange for his lost force slot. Tenacity or Hunter are really great additions to his kit.
The new Vader could be excellent for objective play. Infiltrate him on a central objective (preferably in cover or even out of sight) and just hold it the entire game. Also if scatter allows movement, you can push 2 enemy units away from the objective a turn.

2 minutes ago, BielTanLord said:

He looses a force slot true, but he also gaines a ranged attack, so no need for saber throw. Therefore all remains the same.

3 red pierce 3 v 2 black no pierce?  I wouldn't go calling "no need for saber throw" just yet...

Just now, MasterShake2 said:

3 red pierce 3 v 2 black no pierce?  I wouldn't go calling "no need for saber throw" just yet...

I've found Saber throw incredibly negligible.  Cover just removes too much of its power.  It's nice to have but rarely contributes in a significant way.  

In terms of Training, he probably really wants Endurance.  He's going to put a bunch of suppression on himself and can easily find himself down an action if you're not careful.

22 minutes ago, LunarSol said:

Also, you can Spur with Scout-1 to give yourself suppression to protect against the likely first shot they get against him.

I never thought of that, outstanding move

1 hour ago, Alpha17 said:

Yawn.  I know I'm likely the only one, but this set of expansions doesn't look even remotely interesting.  Would have thought they'd wait a wave or two into the Clone Wars stuff before these.  

1 hour ago, GreatMazinkaiser said:

Did we really need a second Luke when we still haven't gotten Lando? I mean, it's nice that they picked a more suitable sculpt than the original, but where the **** is Lando?

I been saying Legion suffers from artistically redundant releases for awhile now. 

I am excited about the potential for future costume changes though!

Force Throw is interesting. Giving up pierce and Impact hurts, but 58% of the time Vader's saber throw does nothing but a suppression when the enemy has heavy cover.

Gameplay understandable, but courage 3, 6hp and inflitrate on vader is just weird. New Luke looks badass and pretty much what I expected.

The thing I wonder, is this a one time thing or will se get a bunch of re-skinned and reworked units?🤔

1 minute ago, jocke01 said:

Gameplay understandable, but courage 3, 6hp and inflitrate on vader is just weird. New Luke looks badass and pretty much what I expected.

The thing I wonder, is this a one time thing or will se get a bunch of re-skinned and reworked units?🤔

Is an 8hp courage - infiltrating Vader less weird?

2 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

Is an 8hp courage - infiltrating Vader less weird?

Inflitrate is weird all togheter, but yes courage - makes way more sense in my mind. 

3 minutes ago, jocke01 said:

As the card name suggests, Vader isn't hiding- He's jumping out of his Tie Advanced. Using the infiltrate keyword just simplifies things from a writing perspective.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LunarSol said:

The loss of a force slot is kind of an interesting problem now.  I assume you still want to go with Reflexes, but the other one.  Force Push is probably the right play, but Force Choke and Infiltrate feels downright dirty.

Also, you can Spur with Scout-1 to give yourself suppression to protect against the likely first shot they get against him.

Did some quick rules reference checking. This is a valid strategy to get cover from suppression (Spur can be used on any move), but the scout move itself doesn't care about your maximum speed, so Vader is still doing a speed 1-move.

Edited by Squark

2 minutes ago, Squark said:

Did some quick rules reference checking. This is a valid strategy to get cover from suppression, but the scout move itself doesn't care about your maximum speed, so Vader is still doing a speed 1-move.

That is good to know

17 minutes ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Darth Vader with Fear and Implacable seems fun to me.  

Fear+Master of Evil also has potential, giving you a decent chance of supressing a Courage 3 unit, and a shot at panicking things in a courage 2 bubble.

2 hours ago, Alpha17 said:

Yawn.  I know I'm likely the only one, but this set of expansions doesn't look even remotely interesting.  Would have thought they'd wait a wave or two into the Clone Wars stuff before these.  

They are....

This new version of Luke cost 40 points more, but is it worth it?

Also now that this version of Luke doesn’t have his gun, will we be stapling (figuratively) Saber Throw to this Unit card?

And now that we have a saber that does an uneven amount of damage, will Saber Throw be rounded up or down?

Does anyone else think it’s not very thematic to give Vader Infiltrate (or did I miss something from the EU)? 

Is saving 30 points worth not using original Vader, but with the new Command cards, or select Command cards from the new unit?

Will 30 point cheaper Vader still be useful with his original 1 pip that reduces his health to 5?

Is 30 points cheaper really good enough to allow pairing with the likes of The Emperor, or middle management, or a single commander and a bounty hunter?

These are all questions, and I really haven’t got a clue as to if answers can or will be a simple “yes”, or it’s just “really complicated, stop asking so many questions”. Someone make me smarter... please.🥺

12 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

Also now that this version of Luke doesn’t have his gun, will we be stapling (figuratively) Saber Throw to this Unit card?

And now that we have a saber that does an uneven amount of damage, will Saber Throw be rounded up or down?

Does anyone else think it’s not very thematic to give Vader Infiltrate (or did I miss something from the EU)? 

Is saving 30 points worth not using original Vader, but with the new Command cards, or select Command cards from the new unit?

Will 30 point cheaper Vader still be useful with his original 1 pip that reduces his health to 5?

Is 30 points cheaper really good enough to allow pairing with the likes of The Emperor, or middle management, or a single commander and a bounty hunter?

These are all questions, and I really haven’t got a clue as to if answers can or will be a simple “yes”, or it’s just “really complicated, stop asking so many questions”. Someone make me smarter... please.🥺

I don't think Saber throw on Luke is worth it since he does not have relentless, it was good on Vader mainly because of that keyword

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

In order:

I haven't got a clue. That's a question that we generally can answer only once we got our hands on them

Luke's gun never got much use to begin with so I don't think it'll be mandatory, but four black with surge and pierce isn't bad.

Saber throw will round up to four black.

I think it's supposed to represent him landing in his TIE advanced right in front of the enemy force. It happened in Rebels, but I never watched it so it doesn't count for me.

It's tough. You still have to pay the commander fee with this Vader. Without knowing the rest of the cards, I can only say maybe with the mix and match.

It's a big hit against implacable for sure, but there'll still be used for it.

I don't think so. This is FFG's way of updating a character without making the previous one useless. Vader is still heckin expensive so it still might be best to not dump half of your points into two units.

Edited by thepopemobile100

27 minutes ago, JediPartisan said:

I never put saber throw on old Luke, and he never really attacked either outside of melee, so it’s not a huge loss to me.

For Vader? I’m not sure on how I would take him. Although the infiltrate is from Rebels tv show, and represents him just flying in and hopping out of his Tie right in the fray. The card art mirrors that scene.

i know the article says you can change out the command cards as you want but just a tad nitpick here as the articles aren't always reflecting what luke and alex have for rules. the RRG does currently state that the command cards have to match IMAGE and name to the unit card it comes from. i know the rules will be update before they come out but just watch that section for clarification in the future.
Page 21 of RRG
Commander-specific command cards are identified by an image in the upper-right corner that matches the image on that commander’s unit card and by the name of that commander appearing below the name of the command card
Operative-specific command cards are identified by an image in the upper-right corner that matches the image on that operative's unit card and by the name of that operative appearing below the name of the command card

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the answers, it does help.😁

The only thing I have a serious problem with is the addition of Infiltrate.

I do remember the Rebels episode you guys are talking about, but he was hardly delivered to a war zone. He was taken to the top of a Sith temple. Comparing being dropped off at the top of a temple where no one was shooting at him to dropping him off into the middle of a war zone seems ludicrous to me.  I suppose they should be taking things from the cartoon CW then, where Mace rides a droid starfighter by holding on to the wires that he ripped from inside, cause that would be the nearest equivalent.🙄 I think this may be the first time the designers have missed thematically.

It almost seems like the designers heard the complaints that it’s too hard to get Vader up and into combat, so they gave him Spur (which was brilliant and a good choice), but then went overboard and added Infiltrate and Scout, as if one of those wasn’t enough.

Sorry, slight rant there, but it just seems a poor choice.

Here’s the Mace video, enjoy.

Edited by JediPartisan