MasterShake2

There it is Luke and Vader article

The only "must" on Darkness is that it must be selected "during" round 1.  I would assume selecting it and having it return would still qualify as having selected it during the round, even if you also selected a different card.  It's also worth noting that the benefits of Darkness don't actually rely in any way on the card being selected, so I guess it would be a straight bonus to Vader player?

13 minutes ago, LunarSol said:

The only "must" on Darkness is that it must be selected "during" round 1.  I would assume selecting it and having it return would still qualify as having selected it during the round, even if you also selected a different card.  It's also worth noting that the benefits of Darkness don't actually rely in any way on the card being selected, so I guess it would be a straight bonus to Vader player?

Well, it does prevent Vader from getting those surge tokens. On the other hand, letting an infiltrated Vader pull off a turn 1 Master of Evil is not a great plan.

I'm not sure if Vader needed to lose the health and dice and I'd have liked courage 4, but the point drop and courage "buff" is pretty huge.   Jedi Hunter and Spur are super useful and I think we've seen one of the best turn 1 3-pips anyone could hope for.  I've had fun with Vader/Veers as is and this is just a much better version of that.

4 minutes ago, Squark said:

Well, it does prevent Vader from getting those surge tokens. On the other hand, letting an infiltrated Vader pull off a turn 1 Master of Evil is not a great plan.

Yeah, since he can use the other command cards, Darkness Descends would kinda be one of the weaker ones he could play, as a command card on turn 1 lol not knowing what his other 2 Operative cards are, of course

1 minute ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

Yeah, since he can use the other command cards, Darkness Descends would kinda be one of the weaker ones he could play, as a command card on turn 1 lol not knowing what his other 2 Operative cards are, of course

Wouldn't even have to be Vader's command card....

Just now, Derpzilla88 said:

So what would be the ruling if someone was running Operative Vader but wanted to use the core set Vader model or vice-versa? I guess the same question or the Luke models.

I'd think only the cards matter, but I'm not sure.

Article says both models and cards are interchangeable, so shouldb't matter.

200 points (40 more points) Luke skywalker (can't run this and the other luke) jump 1, charge, deflect immune pierce (same as the old luke) master of the force 1 and disengage. 7 black dice (1 more), impact and piecre 2 (same) melee only.
7 HP (1 more) 4 Morale (1 more) suge crit (same).
3 force powers (1 more)
1 training (looses gear)
3 pip gain suge defense but can't attack, but 2 enemy units at range 1 can't attack either.
does come with hope (which gave away that we will see this luke) and force guidance
red defense and 2 speed (same)

vader (can't run this and the other vader) 170 points (30 points cheaper) Deflect immune pierce master of the force 1, relentless (same as old)
Jedi hunter ( gets suge to crit against jedi)
Spur( from dewbacks)
Red defense and speed 1 (same)
6 health (2 less health)
3 moral (what the heck is that on vader)
2 force (1 less)
1 training (new)

red defense
melee 5 red die (1 less) impact and pierce 3 (same)
force throw( new) range 1-2 blast and scatter 2 black
i do have to say the last ability i love
3 pip vader gains 2 surge tokens gains infiltrate and scout 1 (holy ****) also must be played round 1 to gain these two abilities.
has force guidance and fear (after the rally step an enemy at range 1-02 gains 1 suppression) as upgrade cards

Edited by azeronbloodmoone

2 minutes ago, LunarSol said:

I have to say, I'm super tempted to run the big 4 as an army.  I know its probably terrible, but its the first time Rebels have sounded as appealing as the Empire.

I know the squad is probably going to be horrible but man I am gonna try.

5 minutes ago, LunarSol said:

I have to say, I'm super tempted to run the big 4 as an army.  I know its probably terrible, but its the first time Rebels have sounded as appealing as the Empire.

1 minute ago, KiraYamatoSF said:

I know the squad is probably going to be horrible but man I am gonna try.

Falcon Crew

5 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

Pretty sure you could use Chewie's Common Cause with this version of Luke...

This would actually be the only setups where you could use all of Chewies cards...then again, you'd have 7 different options for each pip, so whether or not his would make the cut is another question.

Also, a mere 520pts foe the falcon crew not including your 3 mandatorys corps...

3 minutes ago, MasterShake2 said:

This would actually be the only setups where you could use all of Chewies cards...then again, you'd have 7 different options for each pip, so whether or not his would make the cut is another question.

Also, a mere 520pts foe the falcon crew not including your 3 mandatorys corps...

Yeah, I don't think you would choose his over any of CB, Sorry, or Son of Skywalker, and who knows how good Operative Luke's 1-pip will be.

The loss of a force slot is kind of an interesting problem now.  I assume you still want to go with Reflexes, but the other one.  Force Push is probably the right play, but Force Choke and Infiltrate feels downright dirty.

Also, you can Spur with Scout-1 to give yourself suppression to protect against the likely first shot they get against him.

Edited by LunarSol

5 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

Yeah, I don't think you would choose his over any of CB, Sorry, or Son of Skywalker, and who knows how good Operative Luke's 1-pip will be.

well either way you can switch out those cards at will (before game) to what ever command card you want