MasterShake2

There it is Luke and Vader article

Just now, manoftomorrow010 said:

Darkness Descends is extremely awesome. I think this Vader will see plenty of table time. 

I also love Fear, a good cheap counterpart to "Hope."

I mean, the cards are interchangable, so you could totally sneak up on someone with 200pt Vader as well...

Just now, MasterShake2 said:

I mean, the cards are interchangable, so you could totally sneak up on someone with 200pt Vader as well...

Yeah, true, that will help 200 point Vader a lot haha I just meant this Vader will see plenty of play, since he, by himself, is 30 points cheaper.

"Scatter" has to be an effect similar to Force Push, where you can perform a move with a unit that takes damage from his Force Throw attack.

Just now, manoftomorrow010 said:

Yeah, true, that will help 200 point Vader a lot haha I just meant this Vader will see plenty of play, since he, by himself, is 30 points cheaper.

"Scatter" has to be an effect similar to Force Push, where you can perform a move with a unit that takes damage from his Force Throw attack.

At the "cost" of having a courage value and therefore (theoretically) vulnerable to suppression. BUT between Spur and Force Throw, I think it's basically a straight upgrade. 

I can't say I'm too surprised, I think I called this VERY early on with the subtitles being used to release "different" versions of named units. It is also interesting to get confirmation that all versions of Luke/Darth Vader can use any of the released cards. Which does give some more value to the Imperial generic 1 pip even if your opponent is running a Luke only or Vader only list. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

At the "cost" of having a courage value and therefore (theoretically) vulnerable to suppression. BUT between Spur and Force Throw, I think it's basically a straight upgrade. 

I can't say I'm too surprised, I think I called this VERY early on with the subtitles being used to release "different" versions of named units. It is also interesting to get confirmation that all versions of Luke/Darth Vader can use any of the released cards. Which does give some more value to the Imperial generic 1 pip even if your opponent is running a Luke only or Vader only list. 

Yeah, I agree totally, this Vader overall, has better gains over his losses compared to big boy Vader.

He gains 2 keywords, an additional attack, and a training slot, while losing a Force upgrade slot, infinite courage, 1 red Lightsaber die, and 2 HP.

Edited by manoftomorrow010

4 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

Yeah, I agree totally, this Vader overall, has better gains over his losses compared to big boy Vader.

He gains 2 keywords, an additional attack, and a training slot, while losing a Force upgrade slot, infinite courage, 1 red Lightsaber die, and 2 HP.

Losing infinite courage means he finally gets cover from suppression.  That might be in the "pro" column.

2 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

The other thing this Vader "loses" is being moved to the Operative slot, so you have to take a commander as well, which probably means Imperial Commander with Electrobinoculars (aka discount Veers) is going to see more play. 
Honestly I almost see that as another bump, since now you don't need to worry about keeping other units in range for orders (unless you want to use some of his "commander" cards). 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, gothound said:

What happens when you Change of Plans Darkness Decends? Both say must I believe

It is revealed during the Deploy Units step, during Setup. Change of Plans does not affect any of that paragraph. It would only affect the "gains 2 Surge tokens" part.

Ah, the "must be selected" part. hmm. I'd say you select Darkness Descends, then Change of Plans puts it back into your hand. Then you go back to the select step, and maybe you pick a non-Darkness card? That seems logical to me, since the Vader player did technically choose it during Round 1.

Edited by manoftomorrow010

Change of plans says "Return a card to hand" and I believe Darkness is on the table, so it would go back and Vader would deploy as normal, I think

Luke rolling seven black dice with Impact 2, Pierce 2, and surge to crit is pretty **** great! 

Vader with Infiltrate, Scout 1, Spur, and Relentless is a scary potential turn 1 enemy.  

1 minute ago, gothound said:

Change of plans says "Return a card to hand" and I believe Darkness is on the table, so it would go back and Vader would deploy as normal, I think

No, when Vader deploys, Change of Plans is just in your deck, deployment happens during setup, before Round 1. Change of Plans cannot affect deployment.

4 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

No, when Vader deploys, Change of Plans is just in your deck, deployment happens during setup, before Round 1. Change of Plans cannot affect deployment.

Ahhh, looks like Han can't talk his way out of this one