mazz0

What do we know about new Epic?

I haven't been keeping up.  I've read the recent article, I'm wondering if we have additional info from elsewhere.  For example, do we know what the new "plastic huge ship maneuver tool" is like?  Do we know what the thing on the right with the dials is in this pic?

swz53_spread.png

Anything else?

3 hours ago, mazz0 said:

What do we know about new Epic?

Surprisingly little.

3 hours ago, mazz0 said:

Do we know what the thing on the right with the dials is in this pic?

A shield and energy counter... but beyond that?

6 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

Cool, not much more than in the article then :)

Pretty much. Couple of random statements in live streams... 200 point list legal, but not tournament legal being the biggest bit of knowledge, but it doesn’t tell us if that’s a good idea so...

Posted (edited)

So some changes for huge ships.

• Different maneuver (speed 0-5 and some banks)
  • Different maneuver mechanisim (instead of pips we have red and blue maneuvers)
  • Damage deck for all huge ships (instead of each ship having their own unique damage deck)
  • No more ship sections (again for the same damage deck for all huge ships).

But for epic all we know is formation flying and more points since huge ships are no longer constrained to or required for epic.

But yeah we don't know enough to start proxying in our huge ships and try and play a game of epic 2.0. Our best guess is 600 points and you have formations and it is 500 points or 12 threat.

Edited by Marinealver

13 hours ago, Marinealver said:

Our best guess is 600 points and you have formations.

Actually the article said 500 points or 20 threat.

There will also be Wing quick builds, which is super interesting to me.

We know that huge ships are likely much cheaper than before since you can get a loaded raider for 8 threat or a stacked C-ROC for 5. I would personally LOVE to use these in 200-pt games.

I'm hoping that maneuvering feels a bit more interesting. And that we get tools to avoid clump focus fire. 

It woulda been nice to have faster set up and tear down, but I think that ship has sailed with 2.0. Its not faster, nor less complicated. 

8 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

It woulda been nice to have faster set up and tear down, but I think that ship has sailed with 2.0. Its not faster, nor less complicated. 

Actually feels fiddler to me somehow.  Seem to be more tokens than there used to be.

2 minutes ago, mazz0 said:

Interesting that it includes HLCs.  Is a huge ship going to use a standard bullseye arc, or are we getting mobile bullseye arcs, I wonder.

If it's a standard Bullseye, you'd better get a MASSIVE boost for lining it up.

The other possibility is that the Conversion Kits could also include more copies of anti-huge cards, too.

32 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

The other possibility is that the Conversion Kits could also include more copies of anti-huge cards, too.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

6 hours ago, mazz0 said:

Interesting that it includes HLCs.  Is a huge ship going to use a standard bullseye arc, or are we getting mobile bullseye arcs, I wonder.

You can see standard bullseye printed on the new huge bases.

3 hours ago, ClassicalMoser said:

You can see standard bullseye printed on the new huge bases.

Yeah, I just meant it'd be so hard to pull one off (except against other huge ships) that it might not be the intended use for the card.  But it might be, if they don't have better ways of heavy hitting other huges at normal range.