Crimsonwarlock

N1 Anakin - More than just Meme fuel

I've stumbled onto something in my list building.  Anakin in an N1 with passive sensors and proton torps is pretty good.  I don't see myself rushing to use the pilot ability, but a double modded torpedo is solid.

What are your thoughts?

I think memeakin is the sleeper of the n1 set

Dunno about Torps, other than recreating "woaaaah!", but having a force + basically supernatural reflexes (no boost but also not an action) gives him ridiculous potential

I'd sooner start with juke + fcs (having force makes it easier to get lock for full mods) + r2, though, and make him a more consistent late game pressence. He clocks in at an exceptionally reasonable 54 points

Spinning Neat Trick Etc 

(42) 104th Battalion Pilot [ARC-170 Starfighter]

(54) "Sinker" [ARC-170 Starfighter]

(50) "Wolffe" [ARC-170 Starfighter]

(41) Anakin Skywalker [Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighter]
(2) Fire-Control System
(7) Juke
(4) R2 Astromech

Total points: 200

12 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

I'd sooner start with juke + fcs (having force makes it easier to get lock for full mods) + r2, though, and make him a more consistent late game pressence. He clocks in at an exceptionally reasonable 54 points

****, this right here is the strongest argument I’ve seen for me to buy an N1 and try Republic a bit more 😂

20 minutes ago, Crimsonwarlock said:

I've stumbled onto something in my list building.  Anakin in an N1 with passive sensors and proton torps is pretty good.  I don't see myself rushing to use the pilot ability, but a double modded torpedo is solid.

What are your thoughts?

I agree with you. Everyone is all over Ric, but I didn't like him at all in my tests so far. The N1 imho isn't built to be a knife fighter with it's lack of good turn around options, but has performed much better as a torpedo carrier that disengages and turns around using white maneuvers or Tallons in safe distance, with the free Evade keeping you safe while you get away. Anakin is the easiest way to get Torps double modded and Passives are a must for I4. Juke isn't that efficient imho.

I'm interested in seeing the upcoming Y-wing in that role, as I feel that with Force gunner option it will be really good as a Torpedo carrier, probably better than N1.

Huh, 56% chance for 4 hits on his protons. I learned yesterday that this would get the official classification of "probable" or "likely". Good to soften up a target for Mace and Obiwan, and block it in a subsequent round?

edit instead of double post: If that's good, why not then R2C4 on a cheaper pilot? E.g. Bravo? Overall 2pts less for the same effect. Ofc R2C4 on Anakin is even better with a 71% chance for 4 hits. But also too expensive.

Edited by GreenDragoon

28 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

****, this right here is the strongest argument I’ve seen for me to buy an N1 and try Republic a bit more 😂

Are you sure it's not "you should try spinning. That's a neat trick!"?

Im also considering swaping Sinker for crack oddball and crack on Wolfe. Mainly out of morbid curiosity, but also gives a bigger chance to initiative kill stuff  

Edited by ficklegreendice

7 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Huh, 56% chance for 4 hits on his protons. I learned yesterday that this would get the official classification of "probable" or "likely". Good to soften up a target for Mace and Obiwan, and block it in a subsequent round?

edit instead of double post: If that's good, why not then R2C4 on a cheaper pilot? E.g. Bravo? Overall 2pts less for the same effect. Ofc R2C4 on Anakin is even better with a 71% chance for 4 hits. But also too expensive.

I don’t understand why people aren’t all over r2c4. That card feels like it should be an auto include in many lists. 

5 minutes ago, PaulRuddSays said:

I don’t understand why people aren’t all over r2c4. That card feels like it should be an auto include in many lists. 

Expensive (only 2 less than juke; anti-synergy since you have to spend to mod first) and can eat your defensive mod/your defensive mod can eat your r2-c4 mod. Plus it sits upon r2's throne.

And since the n1 is still a 2-die scrub, you need to invest MORE into torpedoes and such.

Would only really bother on ole! Or a bravo, but toro bravo is stupid expensive (same as ace-akin)

10 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

How would you round out the list?

7b+R2 on both Jedi, ProTorps+Passives on Anakin is 198. Do Plasma Torps and bid or Sense feel better?

4 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

can eat your defensive mod/your defensive mod can eat your r2-c4 mod.

R2C4 is a card made for ships that a) are low initiative and already know whether their evade is available or b) are high initiative and know whether they will be shot.

4 minutes ago, ficklegreendice said:

And since the n1 is still a 2-die scrub, you need to invest MORE into torpedoes and such. 

If we're starting from "Hey, this N1 with torpedoes is surprisingly good" then that doesn't matter so much.

My final point: this fits

Anakin Skywalker (62) Delta-7B (20)

Mace Windu (45) Delta-7B (18)

Bravo Flight Officer (34) Passive Sensors (3) R2-C4 (5) Proton Torpedoes (13)

Total: 200

7 minutes ago, Pink_Viking said:

How would you round out the list?

7b+R2 on both Jedi, ProTorps+Passives on Anakin is 198. Do Plasma Torps and bid or Sense feel better?

Like this, as Anakin is not available as D7B pilot and saves a lot of points.

• Obi-Wan Kenobi (47), R2 Astromech (6), Delta-7B (19)
  • Mace Windu (45), Sense (5), R4 Astromech (2), Delta-7B (18)
  • Anakin Skywalker (41), Crack Shot (1), Passive Sensors (3), Proton Torpedoes (13)

Total: 200

Maybe scrap crackshot. I'm a fan of R4 and Sense on Mace, so that saves 4 points. (e: and costs just 1 total compared to R2)

Edited by GreenDragoon

44 minutes ago, Pa Weasley said:

I've been sold on putting Daredevil on Anakin with an R4-P astromech.  He becomes quite unpredictable and frankly it's the first time I've really found the talent useful. 

Probably waaaaay too expensive to be any good, but throw in Advanced Sensors and you can end up in some crazy positions. 

2 hours ago, Crimsonwarlock said:

What are your thoughts?

How are you getting double modded torpedo shots?

18 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Force charge + Passive Sensors Lock

Ah, I see.  Doing a 3-5 maneuver With R2-C4 you could have a triple token stack: evade action from 3-5 maneuver, Passive sensors lock & Force charge.  Spend the evade using R2-C4 to change an eyeball to a hit.

58 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

If we're starting from "Hey, this N1 with torpedoes is surprisingly good" then that doesn't matter so much.

At 55 points, I don't know if "surprisingly good" can hold up to a staple like Wolfe (who is actually 5 points cheaper!). Especially since it's only a two shot wonder

Also,

(34) Bravo Flight Officer [Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighter]
(3) Passive Sensors
(13) Proton Torpedoes
(5) R2-C4

(3) Passive Sensors
(13) Proton Torpedoes
(1) Crack Shot

The measly 3 point difference there is pretty damning imo 

I'd be far more partial to

(42) Ric Olié [Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighter]
(5) R2-C4
(2) Fire-Control System
(1) Crack Shot

Total points: 50

2 hours ago, ficklegreendice said:

I think memeakin is the sleeper of the n1 set

Dunno about Torps, other than recreating "woaaaah!", but having a force + basically supernatural reflexes (no boost but also not an action) gives him ridiculous potential

Spinning Neat Trick Etc 

(42) 104th Battalion Pilot [ARC-170 Starfighter]

(54) "Sinker" [ARC-170 Starfighter]

(50) "Wolffe" [ARC-170 Starfighter]

(2) Fire-Control System
(7) Juke
(4) R2 Astromech

Total points: 200

having force makes it easier to get lock for full mods”

Please explain how having the force makes it easier to get a lock?

33 minutes ago, pakirby said:

having force makes it easier to get lock for full mods”

Please explain how having the force makes it easier to get a lock?

Doesn't make it easier to lock,

I said makes it easier to lock for full mods

Lock + forcus = full mods 

As opposed to like waiting a turn or using r2c4

Haven't hardly got to play since Wave 4 dropped due to life ****, but did get to play against him and his ability seems strong. A 1 turn would be amazeballs, but still super squirrely. Seems like he'd be great along-side a Sense carrier.

Maybe Ani + 2x 7Bs? Mace and Obi? R2 on everybody?

Could APT work? I know it's upgrade that's never good, but maybe here?

1 hour ago, ficklegreendice said:

At 55 points, I don't know if "surprisingly good" can hold up to a staple like Wolfe (who is actually 5 points cheaper!). Especially since it's only a two shot wonder

I agree. But I like to have a glass cannon with two aces, it's just a type of list that I enjoy. I'm very much looking forward to the Y-wing for that. If I can do it with N1s then I'm in. Even if Wolffe is strictly speaking better.

Of course Anakin with a force is better. But more important to me why I would choose him over the Bravo is the lack of Sense in the Bravo version. N1Anakin with Obi and Mace has Sense. DeltaAnakin with Mace and Bravo does not and is still at 200pt. One seems to be much easier to play than the other. If force/R2C4 was flipped then I would not care about that part at all.

Something interesting I noticed is that you can take Advanced Sensors on him. Granted he won’t get an Evade for a speed 3+ maneuver if you use it, but he can double-reposition before his maneuver.  

Now assuming I understand this correctly, even though his neat trick spin isn’t an action it still eats up his ability to do a Barrel-Roll that turn.  Correct?

Anakin + passive + P torps > Ric + whatever

Anakin gets his single force charge at a very good point cost. I really want N-1 Anakin meta. Might happen because I6 Jedi Anakin is expensive enough to keep most people from flying him.