Sign in to follow this  
Triangular

An "additional" Liberator theory

Posted (edited)

What we know so far from the new CR90 title card "Liberator" is the following text pieces:

"You gain 1 additional (...) in your (upgrade bar)"

"You cannot (...) if you have (...)."

latest?cb=20190717110147

My first thought was the "additional" icon could be a Fleet Command icon, because the Liberator was successor of Phoenix Home. But today I took a look at the yet existing title card, that grants a Fleet Command:

latest?cb=20171128082850

Chimaera grants a Fleet Command icon without "additional", because there is none at an ISD (and it's forbidden if you already have 1).

And then I remembered the Phoenix Home title card:

latest?cb=20161202193015

Phoenix Home grants an "additional" Officer icon, because there already is 1.

For that I think, that the "additional" upgrade at "Liberator" must be: Officer, Support, Defensive Retrofit, Ion, or Laser. Most likely a second Officer slot.

The second sentence at Liberator card: "You cannot (...) if you have (...)." resembles very much the second sentence of Chimaera card. "You cannot equip this card if you have a Icon Upgrade FleetCommand icon in your upgrade bar." This sentence would only make any sense, if it refers to a Laser or Ion Upgrade, because that's the only difference between A and B variants' upgrade bars. And for that it appears to be unlikely that it gains a second Laser or Ion, I would think.

So, what's you guess? Does the Liberator grant a second Officer, Support, or Defensive upgrade slot for CR90 A or CR90 B? Or am I totally wrong?

Edited by Triangular
grammar

So at first I was very confused why the CR90 is getting a new title. The ship is amazing and very frequently used. With the other 3 ships that are getting titles in RitR almost everybody agrees that they need a little help, so getting a title to buff them makes sense. But why the CR90. Well because the CR90 B is just like the other 3 ships. A very underrepresented ship that could use a buff. So how do you buff the CR90 B without buffing the A variant. You make it so that you can't equip this card if you already have a Turbolaser upgrade slot. So my guess is that the "You cannot (...) if you have (...)." refers to the Turbolaser slot.

Posted (edited)

@Triangular - you're suggesting it reads:

You gain 1 additional turbolaser in your upgrade bar.  You cannot equip this card if you have a turbolaser icon in your upgrade bar.

or

You gain 1 additional ion cannon in your upgrade bar.  You cannot equip this card if you have a ion cannon icon in your upgrade bar.

I agree with your analysis, but it seems odd that they'd have a title that only affected the CR90A or only affected CR90B.  

Alternately, Liberator does add a fleet command icon, and this is just generic language in case of future upgrades which may also add fleet commands. 

Edited by OgRib

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, OgRib said:

@Triangular - you're suggesting it reads:

You gain 1 additional turbolaser in your upgrade bar.  You cannot equip this card if you have a turbolaser icon in your upgrade bar.

or

You gain 1 additional ion cannon in your upgrade bar.  You cannot equip this card if you have a ion cannon icon in your upgrade bar.

Not quite. I think @OgRib is quite right with his guess, that it will be a title for CR90B variant, which needs some love. But I don't think it will bring a second Ion slot. Could be an additional Officer or Support Team as well. Even a second Defensive Retrofit.  My guess is Officer slot, because it resembles Phoenix Home title. But a second Support Team would be great. You could equip the ship with Engine Techs AND Auxilliary Shield Team. But I don't believe in that.

So I suggest it reads:

You gain 1 additional Officer icon in your upgrade bar.  You cannot equip this card if you have a turbolaser icon in your upgrade bar.

Edited by Triangular
clarified

48 minutes ago, Triangular said:

Not quite. I think @OgRib is quite right with his guess, that it will be a title for CR90B variant, which needs some love. But I don't think it will bring a second Ion slot. Could be an additional Officer or Support Team as well. Even a second Defensive Retrofit.  My guess is Officer slot, because it resembles Phoenix Home title. But a second Support Team would be great. You could equip the ship with Engine Techs AND Auxilliary Shield Team. But I don't believe in that.

So I suggest it reads:

You gain 1 additional Officer icon in your upgrade bar.  You cannot equip this card if you have a turbolaser icon in your upgrade bar.

A second ion slot would be much desired, in order to get that darn Crit either for Dodonna's Pride or HIE

1 hour ago, Triangular said:

So I suggest it reads:

Cannot be completely it. There would be two more lines underneath 'y(our upgrade bar)'.  Also what would one equip as a second Officer? Is anyone even using the one Officer slot the CR90 already has? If that would be the case Liberator would just be another entry into the class of useless CR90 Titles that are not called Jainas Light.

If its for the cr-90 B, and I hope it is, it needs to add another ion cannon slot, or a weapons team slot and excluded it from being used on a cr-90 A.

Why would you need a CR90 title that adds another officer slot? Most CR90's whether it is A or B variant, don't use even ONE officer on the ship. The only reason to add a second officer would be due to the fleet patrol aspect of RITR, limiting fleets to 200pts. You will only have probably 3 ships at most in a list like that, which makes the officer slot even more valuable. Would FFG make a ship title just for that?

53 minutes ago, Darth Veggie said:

A second ion slot would be much desired, in order to get that darn Crit either for Dodonna's Pride or HIE

Dodonna's Pride won't work together with Liberator if the additional slot isn't a second title? 😋

25 minutes ago, Triangular said:

Dodonna's Pride won't work together with Liberator if the additional slot isn't a second title? 😋

Haha, very true! And does not need it, because the ion slot is not eaten up by the title! 

46 minutes ago, Tayloraj100 said:

Maybe it lets you have an additional title. Congratulations, you can be Liberator AND Dodonna’s Pride! 🤪

That would be a really great title card, that grant's you ... an additional title!

Your ship's too cheap? How about the title-giving-title-card for only 5 pts this week?

6 minutes ago, Triangular said:

That would be a really great title card, that grant's you ... an additional title!

Your ship's too cheap? How about the title-giving-title-card for only 5 pts this week?

1 minute ago, Bertie Wooster said:

Too OP!

So let's say 6 pts then, because it's you? 😎💲

2 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

@Triangular Chimaera is probably worded differently because of the Cymoon. Looking at Tua as well, it could very much be anything. 

You're right! That looks very much like the "Liberator". But my point stands, that "additional" means that the same slot is already in the upgrade bar, at least potentially.

latest?cb=20161209222416

If it's a CR-90 Title, the only reason to include "Additional" is if it's something a CR-90 already has.  

It's either

Turbolaser / Ion Cannon - Would be REALLY fun! but less thematic.

Defensive Retrofit - Less than impressive on a CR-90. But maybe if there's new Defensive Retrofit options? 

Officer - Lots of possibilities here.

Support Team - My prediction.  Since we also saw a new support team.   Also there's nothing available with dual support teams, so this'll be unique.  

I suspect the restriction is either tied to something a NEW card can do, or restricted based on a modification if it's an Ion Cannon or Turbolaser upgrade.  

6 hours ago, Captain Ordo N-11 said:

I could see it being a weapons team only the CR90B could use. Gunnery team on a CR90A could be op, but the new weapons team that switches an accuracy to a crit would be useful for HIE or something. 

Ding ding ding ding.