Sign in to follow this  
LostFleet

SSD Practical Questions

23 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

The deployment rules of in the zone override.  If it can be placed in the Ambush zone without overlapping obstacles, it’s placed there.

Youd have to be complicit in setting the obstacles up so you couldn’t deploy there.  So that comes under “don’t break the game” 😁

Thr rest of the time is, basically, if you’re teaching out to stop SSDs with a lockout objective tactic - you’re going to fold to non SSD players 😁

Lol. Well yeah. Its some thoughts in my head that arnt always baked all the way.

Posted (edited)

There are plenty of toolboxes that will fit the SSD (along with the rest of your Armada stuff).    Or, throw it in a gym duffle bag with your stuff.  Or even a guitar case. Not only will all of them be far less likely to get the cops called on you, but any of those would almost undoubtedly raise the social perception of the carrier.   "Oh wow, looks like little Timmy is starting to BE HANDY / WORKOUT / PLAY IN A BAND."  Little will they know...

Alternatively, just put wheels on it and ride it to the FLGS like a skateboard.

Edited by AllWingsStandyingBy

12 hours ago, Ling27 said:

Ill expect that some sort of errata will emerge eventually with a clarification on a few objectives. As I am sure the Rebellion in the Rim objectiges will be interesting.

Alternatively, it doesnt. And a strange lockout meta emerges. Things like Blockade Run, Fleet Ambush, ect. Objectives that outright cant be done if the SSD is first player. Example would be if someone solo ships SSD with Fleet Ambush, and has first player. They cant comply with the rules, so what happens?

If you have only 1 ship (SSD) and you're not able to deploy according to the rules, you lose instantly. So if you are SSD-solo-player you shouldn't choose Fleet Ambush objective from your opponent's hand.

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:30 PM, Grinoch said:

How is everyone going to sleeve the ship cards? Is there a sleeve on the market that is pretty close?

@Crabbok in his unboxing video says the ship cards are almost exactly 4x5 inches. Hopefully these will fit with about 1mm to spare. 12 of you can split a pack. 

Swan-Premium-Card-Sleeves-103x128-mm-50-per-pack_T_1_D_8907_I_2042_G_0_V_1[sellr]302x292[sellr].JPG

https://www.bgextras.co.uk/swan-premium-card-sleeves-103x128-mm-talisman-50-per-pack-i2042.htm

On 7/19/2019 at 1:02 PM, Darth Sanguis said:

Actually, I ordered this one. I think I should be able to fit both in there too.... 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K61EB7K/

I ordered this one and just got it in this week. Measured it today and it should work about perfectly. Now, just need to paint it so I don't freak anyone out walking into the FLGS.

On 7/18/2019 at 2:09 PM, LostFleet said:

3) I pre-ordered mine but my cousin is waiting till the release. I am telling him to pre-order just in case they get sold out quickly, do you think there is a chance or there will be plenty around?

It will depend entirely on the production run. My FLGS ordered like half a dozen plus my pre-order. He has zero doubts he will be able to move them as display pieces either to his in store customers or via eBay. Others have already made note but these will sell to Star Wars fans who don't play. Much of his Armada sales are already for people who just want them to put on the shelf. 

6 hours ago, SithLrd88 said:

It's beautiful.

Nice :)

Thanks for the dimensions, I was wondering if you had a chance to measure the box that SSD was shipping in ( brown cardboard box) ?

9 hours ago, LostFleet said:

Thanks for the dimensions, I was wondering if you had a chance to measure the box that SSD was shipping in ( brown cardboard box) ?

Unless you are getting only 1 SSD and nothing else, and from the same distributor, the shipping box dimensions are most likely to be different.

My SSD is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, otherwise I'd share the shipping dimensions with you.

21 hours ago, LostFleet said:

Those dimensions were the brown shipping box. Crazy I know. It fit my SSD box like a glove!

On 7/20/2019 at 1:56 AM, Qualitypunk said:

I walk a few blocks to where I play and carrying a gun case around a Canadian city isn't advisable, cops might even look up from their phone. Would a duffle bag and the original packaging work for walking? Any other travel solutions?

Sounds like I bought my Squadron packs at the right time.

It is even worse. When they ask you, what is in there, and you say "just an Executor", well … 😄

24 minutes ago, Fraggle_Rock said:

So the real question is, how well does the SSD fit into one of these cases? Any worries about parts breaking off?

My only initial concern was how well the bridge would handle it and it seems to be just fine. The foam provides enough pressure to hold the model in place without feeling like it's crushing anything. The only adjustment I want to make is to cut a channel in the foam to store the cardboard to keep it from moving around in transit.