Darth Sanguis

That was the fastest boat I've ever seen.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Grand Admiral Buford said:

Clearly they used a CR90 and not a Victory to get it here. A blockade runner is the only way they could get past customs so quickly.

"Hard thing to do these days, but I fly the Centurion Eagle, fastest trade ship in the pacific. It ran the Strait of Malacca in less than 500 miles..."

- Some ship captain in California, probably.

Edited by Ling27

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, bleezy said:

Well actually, miles are a measure of distance, not time. So are you really the fastest ship in the Pacific?

Its a joke because parsecs are an astronomical measurement of distance. So when Han Solo say the Falcon made the kessle run in less than 12 parsecs its like saying I made it to new york in less than 12 miles. Implying you know a short cut and that has nothing to do with ship speed. Though in cannon the issue was fixed as your ship would have to be fast to complete the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs because you have to escape the maw or whatever, and that requires speed. 

Edited by xero989

14 minutes ago, xero989 said:

Its a joke because parsecs are an astronomical measurement of distance. So when Han Solo say the Falcon made the kessle run in less than 12 parsecs its like saying I made it to new york in less than 12 miles. Implying you know a short cut and that has nothing to do with ship speed. Though in cannon the issue was fixed as your ship would have to be fast to complete the kessel run in less than 12 parsecs because you have to escape the maw or whatever, and that requires speed. 

I would have been happy with someone just admitting that either in Star Wars “parsecs” measure speed, or that Han was just talking bullstuff to the old man in his bathrobe.

1 hour ago, Tayloraj100 said:

I would have been happy with someone just admitting that either in Star Wars “parsecs” measure speed, or that Han was just talking bullstuff to the old man in his bathrobe.

I'd have loved it if in Solo they'd shown them doing the Kessel Run in the Falcon, and it turned out the Kessel Run was a standard route around 11.5 parsecs long.

That scene is so much better if you view it as Han trying to scam a couple of backwater farmers, Luke buying it all, and Kenobi completely out-witting Han by playing on his obvious desperation and greed.

1 hour ago, cynanbloodbane said:

Confirmation from an FFG employee at their ComicCon booth. She has already started Shipping out pre-orders!

Are you there? On reddit crabbok said they are selling SSDs. Someone needs to confirm the engine color out of the box!

10 minutes ago, Ling27 said:

Is the SSD legal for comp play? How long until someone sends @Crabbokpics to do a video with. When will the wiki be updated?

Technically, it isnt' legal for tournament play in North America until the 2nd of August.

If the competition is a "Premier" level competition in North America, it isn't legal until 11 days after that.

Outside of North America, its Legality is *at least* those dates, but are at the discretion of the TO of the tournament, at all levels.

3 hours ago, bleezy said:

Are you there? On reddit crabbok said they are selling SSDs. Someone needs to confirm the engine color out of the box!

If I remember correctly from Star Wars Celebration, engines are blue.

Based on unit they had on display.

3 hours ago, Grumbleduke said:

FFG are saying on Twitter they have a few SSDs to sell - hopefully someone will get a picture of the full new rules, and/or confirm what cards it comes with. Shouldn't be anything too surprising, but would be nice to know for sure.

I am in San Diego, for ComicCon. If I can buy one I will, but they only have one in the box, and one display. I will get a picture when I go back tonight. We just ducked out for dinner.

@Crabbok if you spot a guy with a handle bar mustache, possibly wearing an eye patch, I'm buying you a beer for all the great videos! 

I live in San Diego, and one of our locals picked up an SSD at San Diego Comic Con and posted it on our Facebook group.

I'd be tempted to go and get one if I didn't have one on pre-order already.

5 minutes ago, thestag said:

I live in San Diego, and one of our locals picked up an SSD at San Diego Comic Con and posted it on our Facebook group.

I'd be tempted to go and get one if I didn't have one on pre-order already.

Cool, do you have a link?

On 7/18/2019 at 1:04 PM, Ling27 said:

"Hard thing to do these days, but I fly the Centurion Eagle, fastest trade ship in the pacific. It ran the Strait of Malacca in less than 500 miles..."

- Some ship captain in California, probably.

I think your  forgetting the thousand year albatross, that crossed the Panama canal in less than 50 kilometers!.