Sign in to follow this  
JadinED

• Harrow and the fleet command

ships2.jpg.381eb18ebd1c33f020f8109bb3ef8635.jpg

I just noticed, there is an exclamation mark in the upgrade card text of the Harrow title.

Only fleet commands have them so far. Perhaps the Harrow references a specific one, maybe the Fleet Command (or one of the fleet commands) that is included in the campaign box.

Ideas?

I believe Liberator has a fleet command adding ability, as Liberator was the Phoenix Cell capital ship after Phoenix Home was destroyed but before Phoenix Nest. Maybe Liberator allows you to add a fleet command, but you cant use that part of Liberator if Phoenix Home is in your fleet?

Harrow may be a speed upgrade that also allows it to have a specific fleet command? Harrow had a different engine layout than the standard VSD if I recall.

My prediction. All titles give the ships a fleet command slot, but restricts the point value of the fleet command you can take to 3 points. The new fleet command will cost three points making it the only option (currently). This gives breaths new life into the Victory and the Neb B. CR-90 is just icing because it rounds out the core set that all the new players will need to buy!

29 minutes ago, JadinED said:

I just noticed, there is an exclamation mark in the upgrade card text of the Harrow title.

Only fleet commands have them so far. Perhaps the Harrow references a specific one, maybe the Fleet Command (or one of the fleet commands) that is included in the campaign box.

Ideas?

Nice catch. And really iconic, that a Fleet Command card is lying on these.

But this would mean that the Harrow refers to specific Fleet Command upgrade.

4 minutes ago, Tokra said:

When using a navigate command, and if you are under the effect of Entrapment Formation!, you can exhaust this card and do a second maneuver after the first one (with the same extra yaw options as the first move).

Speed 4 VSD!

Yes, dreams.... 😁

That would be truly beautiful. Dare I say, even poetic in a sense 🧐

The slow ugly duckling now becomes the beautiful flying swan, soaring through space.

5 hours ago, LordCola said:

That would be truly beautiful. Dare I say, even poetic in a sense 🧐

The slow ugly duckling now becomes the beautiful flying swan, soaring through space.

If it is next to a cymoon. The new two ship

17 hours ago, LordCola said:

Also in the top right of the Harrows text there is a circle. This either refers to a upgrade slot, or to a command icon. After doing a little photoshoping (using Gimp) I think the icon is a Nav command icon.

I'd argue that it's a Support team slot, maybe it's just wishful thinking

1 hour ago, Rimsen said:

I'd argue that it's a Support team slot, maybe it's just wishful thinking

This is my opinion. 

19 hours ago, JadinED said:

Ideas?

Could just be an l as well. It doesn't look exactly like an exclamation imo.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ISD Avenger said:

VSD title that buffs speed & yaw of all VSDs....drool...

After the movement step of a friendly VSD, you may exhaust this card. If you do, that ship may perform an additional speed 1 maneuver. 

OR: Friendly VSDs May spend a maneuver command token to perform a speed 1 maneuver?

Edited by Church14

I firmly believe that the first two lines of the card are the same like in "Phoenix Home":

"You gain 1 additional ?? icon in your upgrade bar."

latest?cb=20161202193015

But I'm really not sure about the icon!

But that would once again restrict us to the upgrade slots the ship already has because of the word "additional" like you pointed out in your other post. Wich is unfortunate because if the VSD needs any new upgrade slot it would be the Support Team slot. Though I have to agree with you. The few symbols we see on Harrow in the first two lines line up perfectly with the first two lines of Phoenix Home.

Oh wait, never mind. I thought the icon looked an Ordnance slot icon, bit I just looked at the Ordnance slot icon again and the missle is facing the other way. 

Hopefully it does add support team somehow. I agree with Triangular though that it looks kind of like Phoenix Home.

Sadly I’m not of the opinion that increasing the cost of the VSD to add a support slot fixes the VSD.  Arguably the best thing the VSD has going for it right now is Warlord but now you have to choose between Warlord and Harrow.

Assuming Harrow is 3 pts and not 8 pts (FFG has a dangerous reputation of over costing VSD titles) that’s 11 pts and a ship title slot to gain engine techs.  So your VSD II is now 96 pts to gain a restrictive ISD speed equivalent.  It just pushes it even further into the “your spending more points to create a crappy ISD”.  Just pick the ISD to begin with.

My first impression was maybe Harrow adds a Fleet Command slot with an added bonus to a specific Fleet Command.  Maybe something like “Entrapment Formation!” allows additional clicks for navigation.  But the more I look at it the more I think it looks less like the Fleet Command symbol.

Fingers still crossed this adds some VSD love.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, LordCola said:

But that would once again restrict us to the upgrade slots the ship already has because of the word "additional" like you pointed out in your other post. Wich is unfortunate because if the VSD needs any new upgrade slot it would be the Support Team slot. Though I have to agree with you. The few symbols we see on Harrow in the first two lines line up perfectly with the first two lines of Phoenix Home.

Not necessarily, I. E. Minister Tua has exactly the same wording and usually adds a slot that wasnt there at all

Edited by clontroper5

Posted (edited)

Remember, there is an exclamation point in the Harrow title text, and currently I don't think there's a way for imps to field a VSD and get fleet command inside of 200 pts (which is the format for this campaign after all). If Harrow doesn't grant fleet command of some kind (even just an "Entrapment Formation!" slot), it won't be usable in the included campaign until the very last battle, so I doubt this is the case.

Surely it adds fleet command.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

On 7/18/2019 at 2:54 PM, JadinED said:

Ideas?

It could just as well be the letter 'l'