Derrault

Republic List

Posted (edited)

Grand Army of the Republic (782)

Commanders: (202)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (175) + Force Guidance (10) + Hope (3) + Tenacity (4) + Commanding Presence (10) = 202

Support: (196)
BARC Speeder (75) + BARC Twin Laser Gunner (18) + Linked Targeting Array (5) = 98
BARC Speeder (75) + BARC Twin Laser Gunner (18) + Linked Targeting Array (5) = 98

Corps: (384)
Phase I Clone Troopers (52) + Phase I Clone Trooper (13) + DC-15 Phase I Trooper (30) = 95
Phase I Clone Troopers (52) + Phase I Clone Trooper (13) + DC-15 Phase I Trooper (30) = 95
Phase I Clone Troopers (52) + Phase I Clone Trooper (13) + Z-6 Phase I Trooper (25) = 90
Phase I Clone Troopers (52) = 52
Phase I Clone Troopers (52) = 52

Command Cards:
4 - Standing Orders
3 - General Kenobi (Obi-Wan Kenobi), Assault (Generic)
2 - Knowledge and Defense (Obi-Wan Kenobi), Push (Generic)
1 - Hello There! (Obi-Wan Kenobi), Ambush (Generic) 

OCD Deck:
Objectives - Sabotage the Moisture Vaporators, Key Poisitions, Intercept the Transmissions, Recover the Supplies
Conditions - Hostile Environment, Limited Visibility, Rapid Reinforcements, Clear Conditions
Deployment - Battle Lines, The Long March, Advanced Positions, Major Offensive

Edited by Derrault

What no Snipers?! 😝👍  jk hehe

The choice between DLT and Z-6 is interesting... I hope having some of each ends up being the right way to go. 

I guess an option would be to drop a BARC for a 6th Trooper?

Or drop a Trooper for a 3rd BARC?!

It might be nice to try and get heavy weapons on all of your Trooper units. I usually make sure I’ve got heavy weapons before I start adding the last extra trooper. 

But I like it as is! Sounds like we might see them before the end of summer!?

Happy Hunting!

@BenBot

Hah, yeah it seems like the DC-15 is the anti-vehicle/anti-cover version, and also more expensive, so there's that.

The BARC loadout might change depending on how it pans out, but I'm a tad leery about adding another BARC (and if I did, I'd probably skip the targeting array; since we only have 4 command cards that can provide the targeting array benefit at this point).

Actually, I might go ahead and ditch the arrays on both, since there's not really a good mechanism in the list for ensuring they both get orders routinely. Maybe if I swapped in Battle Meditation for Kenobi, since his 2 pip doesn't actually benefit the troopers who get assigned orders normally.

Thing is, Force Guidance and Hope seem really good on Kenobi, so that's a difficult swap to justify before testing it out.

Drop the two arrays for +10 points to adjust one of the twin lasers maybe, or also drop an extra clone trooper to upgrade it into a heavy weapon.

38 minutes ago, weebaer said:

Id take out all the extra troopers and put in 2 more z6's

You’d only need to remove 4 of the 5 extra troopers (13 points each; z-6 is 25 each).

It’s worth a look, but I was also trying to maximize the number of dice on squads first, since that maximizes the benefit of fire support, and it’s likely that only 2 troopers will have face up orders to take advantage of that.

9 hours ago, Derrault said:

You’d only need to remove 4 of the 5 extra troopers (13 points each; z-6 is 25 each).

It’s worth a look, but I was also trying to maximize the number of dice on squads first, since that maximizes the benefit of fire support, and it’s likely that only 2 troopers will have face up orders to take advantage of that.

Fair enough, but I think the gunner is 18 not 10.  That would knock out the other couple extra troopers.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:35 AM, weebaer said:

Fair enough, but I think the gunner is 18 not 10.  That would knock out the other couple extra troopers.

Ah, thank you! Hmm, I'd probably drop 2 troopers (+26 points) to make up the 16 point difference, net +10 points for 18 free points (including the previous 8 point bid).

I'm not entirely sure if an extra trooper (13 points) is worth losing the bid however, which seems likely at a 5 point bid.

5 minutes ago, Derrault said:

Yep, I’ve edited per my discussion with @weebaer

oops I missed that, I also think aggressive tactics and force reflexes could be useful instead of force guidance + commanding presence but it may take some play to figure out which works best for you.