Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
drail14me

What and when is the next release??

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, crx3800 said:

We will likely get something at the End of July and End of August. It's possible August or September might have whatever they bring to gencon. 

Vets and TTs just went to now shipping - which means August 1st / 2nd release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kardek said:

I like to know is when are the Dewbacks and Shoretroopers being released? After or before the CW release?

If we go by order of announcement, it’ll be before the official release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TalkPolite said:

I’m not sure what you’re doing if you don’t get 3 😈

Not spending money to travel around the country to play this game. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It was 😎 FFG / convention owners take care of people. 

Doing the legion stuff is almost like a second job. But it’s okay, it’s fun for me to go around and help run major events, and in some cases participate in them. I enjoy watching other people have a good time! 

Edited by TalkPolite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NeonWolf said:

That means the big question now is do I stick with 1 unit of TTs or preorder a 2nd....

I'm thinking 5.

3 in a snow uniform, 1 unit with the riders in a non-snow uniform, and then a box to convert a snow and not-snow hero model from.

Legion models aren't the best for conversions so maybe just 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, TalkPolite said:

You imply I spend money :P Worlds was free! Adepticon was free! 

This is me with the actual miniatures. I put a lot of time into piecing out spare stuff, making my vast armies of vintage models, free.

2 hours ago, NeonWolf said:

Hotel and airfare paid for?  Must be nice

Don't be jealous! Anyone who gets free airfare and hotel for things like Adepticon is probably making like $2 an hour. If you figured out how much time they put into stuff that they otherwise wouldn't. They're having fun but it's not for everyone. My favorite was one time a movie star broke down the $4 million or something they got for a movie. They deducted agent's fee, taxes, and spaced it out over the multiple years it took to actually make the film. Considering California's very high housing costs, they made a decent middle class living. They broke down in detail how a lot of famous people are not rich. I wish I could find it, but it was on actual paper and many years ago.

Edited by TauntaunScout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TauntaunScout said:

This is me with the actual miniatures. I put a lot of time into piecing out spare stuff, making my vast armies of vintage models, free.

Don't be jealous! Anyone who gets free airfare and hotel for things like Adepticon is making like $2 an hour. If you figured out how much time they put into stuff that they otherwise wouldn't. My favorite was one time a movie star broke down the $4 million or something they got for a movie. They deducted agent's fee, taxes, and spaced it out over the multiple years it took to actually make the film. Considering California's very high housing costs, they made a decent middle class living. They broke down in detail how a lot of famous people are not rich. I wish I could find it, but it was on actual paper and many years ago.

That essentially was the payment. Worlds was just FFG being nice - we didn’t get super unique swag, but not having to pay for that stuff and taking us out to dinner made it feasible to miss work and go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TauntaunScout said:

Don't be jealous! Anyone who gets free airfare and hotel for things like Adepticon is probably making like $2 an hour. If you figured out how much time they put into stuff that they otherwise wouldn't. They're having fun but it's not for everyone. My favorite was one time a movie star broke down the $4 million or something they got for a movie. They deducted agent's fee, taxes, and spaced it out over the multiple years it took to actually make the film. Considering California's very high housing costs, they made a decent middle class living. They broke down in detail how a lot of famous people are not rich. I wish I could find it, but it was on actual paper and many years ago.

 

12 minutes ago, TalkPolite said:

That essentially was the payment. Worlds was just FFG being nice - we didn’t get super unique swag, but not having to pay for that stuff and taking us out to dinner made it feasible to miss work and go. 

I run plenty of events locally, not Worlds level, but Hyperspace/RPQ level, so I understand exactly how much you don't get paid to watch and allow others to have a good time. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, That Blasted Samophlange said:

Rebel scum should be happy.. tauntauns and vets are shipping..  Shore leave troopers are still in the cantina.

Surprised people are still waiting on shores like they’re coming soon. That’s how a lot of the initial releases have worked - Rebels get their toys, then Imperials, rinse and repeat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The rebels always get their first the Imperials always deploy to.react to them even if said deployment is still a trap, they react to them. Even Hoth was a battle that occurred because the rebels were already there. Only the original Death Star attack, which wasn't a ground battle had the rebels choosing where to fight , and even then that was if Mr Lucas had his way with how it was supposed to play out (the original star wars advanced screening didn't have the death star attacking anything, Yavin IV being under attsck  was added later by his wife and the rest of the editing team, winning them the oscar for best edit). **

So if you go by canon, he rebels get there first, and the imps follow. Mind you didn't they release Boba before Chewbacca which iirc that is the only time the imperial perhaps dropped first.

 

** If you go back and watch it it's quite eerie watching it and not one person on the base talks about the death star during the attack in except the disembodied voice that talks over the screenshots showing the Death Star angle of approach outside of that the rest of the actors just stand around looking concerned.

Edit,.just to clarify this may come across as a bash at Lucas , it's entirely not meant that way, just about every film will go through major changes in the edit, it is just a "poor" attempt at humour poking fun at FFG for always dropping the rebels first

Edited by syrath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drail14me said:

I’m curious why they didn’t balance the releases? Rebel Vets and Shore Troopers together then Dewbacks and Tauntauns?

That’s fairly normal if you look at the overall schedule. Many waves are two new things for one faction, two new for the other. The tanks and specialists kinda threw things off a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, syrath said:

The rebels always get their first the Imperials always deploy to.react to them even if said deployment is still a trap, they react to them. Even Hoth was a battle that occurred because the rebels were already there. Only the original Death Star attack, which wasn't a ground battle had the rebels choosing where to fight , and even then that was if Mr Lucas had his way with how it was supposed to play out (the original star wars advanced screening didn't have the death star attacking anything, Yavin IV being under attsck  was added later by his wife and the rest of the editing team, winning them the oscar for best edit). **

So if you go by canon, he rebels get there first, and the imps follow. Mind you didn't they release Boba before Chewbacca which iirc that is the only time the imperial perhaps dropped first.

 

** If you go back and watch it it's quite eerie watching it and not one person on the base talks about the death star during the attack in except the disembodied voice that talks over the screenshots showing the Death Star angle of approach outside of that the rest of the actors just stand around looking concerned.

Edit,.just to clarify this may come across as a bash at Lucas , it's entirely not meant that way, just about every film will go through major changes in the edit, it is just a "poor" attempt at humour poking fun at FFG for always dropping the rebels first

That's good to know, I never knew about that edit before release, it sure made that part much better as the intensity for both sides was raised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TalkPolite said:

That’s fairly normal if you look at the overall schedule. Many waves are two new things for one faction, two new for the other. The tanks and specialists kinda threw things off a bit. 

Honestly I'd prefer if they balance releases by factions like the Bossk and Sabine release did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...