Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Not In Sample

safest/best way to complete trish's ps?

Recommended Posts

Guest Not In Sample

PsTrishScarboroughFront.png

I don't like that PS. It's down to pure luck. Where is the best place to fish for an encounter that give you 2+ clues? If I play her and I fail the stroy I would do everything in my power to have her devoured/retired as she will be pretty useless (pass: 1 extra "focus", fail: 1 fewer "focus)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually looked at this about a year ago.  This is the relevant thread:  http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=5&efcid=1&efidt=153013&efpag=0

 

--Location Spoilers--

 

These are the probabilities of having an encounter that offers 2 clue tokens.  The Newspaper has a 10/35 (28.57%) chance. However, one of those cards requires $6, and Trish only starts with $4. Another Newspaper card requires a monster trophy, while a third card requires 3 toughness of monsters trophies. If you don't count those three cards, the Newspaper has only a 7/35 (20.00%) chance. The Asylum has a 9/35 (25.71%) chance, while Ind Square is nearly as good with an 8/35 (22.86%) chance. Therefore, the Asylum is the best location for Trish. However, if she gets a total of $6 and a monster trophy, then the Newspaper is just as good as the Asylum. If she gets a total of $6 and three toughness of monster trophies, then the Newspaper is better than the Asylum.

The next best bets are the Esoteric Order of Dagon and the Innsmouth Jail (not the jail cell). They each have a 3/14 (21.43%) chance of drawing one of the right cards. The Order requires various skill checks, while Jail requires you to either be delayed or sacrifice a unique item.  

Something else to think about is that the Asylum tends to require Will and Lore checks and Trish is good at both (and can max them out on the same slider). A couple of the Ind Square cards require you to make a Luck check, which Trish isn't very good at. On the other hand, there's a lot of Ind Square cards that let you make a Will -1 check to gain Anna Kaslow as an Ally. This gets you two clues and a +2 to Luck, which Trish could use.  Note: some people play that drawing an ally card isn't really part of an encounter.  I don't see the basis for that, but if that's how you interpret the rules, then Independence Square isn't a very good location for Trish.

Also, I didn't look at any Kingsport locations (though I did include Arkham location cards that came with Kingsport)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

kroen said:

PsTrishScarboroughFront.png

I don't like that PS. It's down to pure luck. Where is the best place to fish for an encounter that give you 2+ clues? If I play her and I fail the stroy I would do everything in my power to have her devoured/retired as she will be pretty useless (pass: 1 extra "focus", fail: 1 fewer "focus)

 

Science Building

Special Encounter

Dissection: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 5 toughness worth of monster trophies or 1 gate trophy to gain 2 Clue tokens.

 

Trish needs to get into first gate, close and and get the tokens. It isn't grate trade at the Science building, but she's great with her PS done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Find yourself a Press Pass and then save it for any Encounter that scores you a Clue.  But that's probably much less reliable than following Avec's advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sa3xxx said:

kroen said:

 

PsTrishScarboroughFront.png

I don't like that PS. It's down to pure luck. Where is the best place to fish for an encounter that give you 2+ clues? If I play her and I fail the stroy I would do everything in my power to have her devoured/retired as she will be pretty useless (pass: 1 extra "focus", fail: 1 fewer "focus)

 

 

 

Science Building

Special Encounter

Dissection: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 5 toughness worth of monster trophies or 1 gate trophy to gain 2 Clue tokens.

 

Trish needs to get into first gate, close and and get the tokens. It isn't grate trade at the Science building, but she's great with her PS done.

sa3xxx said:

Science Building

Special Encounter

Dissection: Instead of having an encounter here, you may spend 5 toughness worth of monster trophies or 1 gate trophy to gain 2 Clue tokens.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work. Trish needs to gain 2 clues during an Encounter in order to pass her Personal Story. The special ability of a location can be used insted of having an encounter, so... not eligible for her condition to be passed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jgt7771 said:

Find yourself a Press Pass and then save it for any Encounter that scores you a Clue.  But that's probably much less reliable than following Avec's advice.

Heh...  I was thinking Press Pass too ;'D Um.  I'd probably send her to The Unvisited Isle.  I haven't done the math for it, but it always seemed to me like there are a lot of clue providing encounters there (especially if you  have high sneak).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sa3xxx said:

well, I don't think so. it's special encouter.

Well, I'm not 100% sure, but I think I'm right. Trish's PS has already been discussed here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=5&efcid=1&efidt=153013

and the Special encounter at the Science Building was considered not to be good for her story to be passed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Not In Sample

sa3xxx said:

well, I don't think so. it's special encouter.

It's a location special ability that is taken instea of having an ecounter. those bold words actually appear printed on the board. I will never allow it.

 

Also, thanks everyone. First turn, got her to Newspaper. Guess what my first encounter gave me? :)
p.s. Trish is amazing after she passes her story. I think I'm in love with her. she might be my favorite investigator. only thing I hate is that she has 5 lore and starts with 0 spell. wish it was 5 luck instead (although that lore saved me countless times in the game)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...