Sign in to follow this  
Lemmiwinks86

What we know about Rebellion in the Rim

To make the wait for this awesome new Armada stuff more tolerable I'd like to summarize all we learned from yesterday's live video. Please feel free to add what I missed.

Objectives:

Hyperspace Migration (Navigation objective, for regular play):
Setup: Place obstacles as normal, excluding the station. Then the second player places 1 objective token in the play area at distance 1 of a 3" edge and 1 objective token at distance 1 of the opposite 3" edge.
Special Rule: At the start of the ship phase of the first and third rounds, the second player places 1 purrgil not in the play area at distance 1 of 1 objective token (the objective token must be the same during both rounds).
When a purrgil moves, it must move toward the objective token at the opposite 3" edge. When a purrgil touches that objective token, the purrgil is removed from the play area.
End of Round: If a ship has 1 objective token on it, remove the token and the ship's owner gains 1 victory token. If a ship is at distance 1 of a purrgil and has no objective tokens on it, place 1 objective token on the ship.

Steal Supplies (campaign objective):
Setup: the second player places all obstacles, excluding the station. Then the second player places the station beyond distance 5 of both players' edges and beyond distance 1 of other obstacles. Then the second player places 6 objective tokens on this card.
Special Rule: When one of the first player's ships at distance 1 of the station reveals a command dial, it may remove 1 objective token from this card and place it on that ship's card or a friendly irregular squadron at distance 1 of that ship. A ship cannot have more objective tokens than its command value. A squadron can only have 1 objective token on it. When a ship or squadron with at least 1 objective token is destroyed, the second player gains 1 victory token.
End of Game: The first player gains 1 victory token for each objective token on their ships or squadrons that are beyond distance 2 of enemy ships. The second player gains 1 victory token for each objective token on this card.

Upgrades:

Linked Turbolaser Turrets (turbolaser, 7 points): You may reroll 1 red die in your attack pool.   While attacking the first squadron during your activation, you may add 2 dice of any color to your attack pool. If you do, you cannot declare additional squadron targets for this attack.

Auxiliary Shields Team (support team, 3 points): [Repair Command] You may treat the maximum shields value of your right and left hull zones as increased by 1 when you recover or move shields to those zones. If you do, the number of shields in those zones cannot exceed a maximum of "4".

Weapon Battery Tech (weapons team, 5 points): While attacking a ship, you may change 1 die face with a [accuracy] icon to a face with a [crit] icon.

Reserve Hangar Decks (offensive retrofit, 3 points): When a non-unique squadron with Swarm at distance 1-5 is destroyed, you may discard this card. If you do, you can set that squadron's hull points to "2" and place that squadron unengaged at distance 1 with its activation slider toggled to the activated side.

Corvus (Raider's title, 2 points): After deploying fleets, you may redeploy this ship within your deployment zone.

Liberator (CR90's title, ? points): You gain 1 additional... icon in your... You cannot... if you...

Vanguard (Nebulon-B's title, ? points): ...

Harrow (VSD title, ? points): ...

Squadrons:

They didn't show any cards (besides from Lando and IG-88B), but for the tokens at least we know that we'll have:

- Hondo (with Rogue, Grit and Bomber, possibly on a YT-2400, Scurrg or Firespray)

- Mart Mattin (with Rogue and Grit, surely on a YT-2400)

And I couldn't recognize the others.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, OgRib said:

RitR doesn't use commanders like Vader, Thrawn, or Jerry

I was thinking if “task force” became a true format. I'd definitely get more people to play if it were.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

8 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Interestingly, the Harrow is a named Victory-class ship from Rogue Squadron comics.  Commanded by Marl Semtin (any crew or commanders coming that are unspoiled?), it "bears a similar command tower and ventral terrace to the Imperial-class Star Destroyer. In addition, the Harrow lacked a forward docking bay."

I wonder if this means that Harrow gives you -1 Squadrons and an extra officer slot.

I have been thinking for a while that a card with 'battle bridge' which gave an extra officer slot to medium or large ships would be an interesting one.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, xanderf said:

Marl Semtin (any crew or commanders coming that are unspoiled?)

I don't think we will ever get any new characters from legend into the game. If FFG puts Kanan on the Moldy Crow instead of Katarn then this surely means FFG is not allowed to introduce any new legends characters into the game.

(Kanan being on the Crow is at least what most people seem to interpret the Moldy Crows new squad token as)

Edited by LordCola

20 minutes ago, Chamberlin said:

I'm still holding out hope that it is Katarn as Kanan as the two do bear some resemblance to each other and I love it when more EU characters trickle in under the radar.

I'd also like it to be Katarn, but the one in the token is not him for sure, it certainly appears to be Kanan.

Im at peace with Kanan on the HWK.

Why?

"A New Dawn"

The canon story where Hera and Kanan met.  At the time, Kanan was flying an old claptrap freighter that had been converted into an Explosives hauler he'd nicknamed "Expedient" to "give it even a single amenity".  The actual class of ship was never stated to my knowledge, and it is shown to be both maneuverable in the right hands (Hera's) and have a single dinky turret...   To *me*, that theoretically sounds a little like a busted old HWK to me.

So I'm just going to call the squad Kanan in Expedient and be satisfied :)

4 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Im at peace with Kanan on the HWK.

Why?

"A New Dawn"

The canon story where Hera and Kanan met.  At the time, Kanan was flying an old claptrap freighter that had been converted into an Explosives hauler he'd nicknamed "Expedient" to "give it even a single amenity".  The actual class of ship was never stated to my knowledge, and it is shown to be both maneuverable in the right hands (Hera's) and have a single dinky turret...   To *me*, that theoretically sounds a little like a busted old HWK to me.

So I'm just going to call the squad Kanan in Expedient and be satisfied :)

I’m kinda looking at the HWK as being a stand in for the Phantom.  I need to see if Mel makes an Armada scale Assault Shuttle.  

Just a prediction; I think the Liberator title will add a Weapons Team Slot as part of its effect. It may lose its Support Team. That gives the CR90B access to the Weapons Battery Tech, which otherwise seems to only be good on the Raider II.

18 minutes ago, Divad said:

Just a prediction; I think the Liberator title will add a Weapons Team Slot as part of its effect. It may lose its Support Team. That gives the CR90B access to the Weapons Battery Tech, which otherwise seems to only be good on the Raider II.

Good thought. But the Liberator was successor for the destroyed Phoenix Nest. I guess it will get an additional Fleet Command slot.

18 minutes ago, Triangular said:

Good thought. But the Liberator was successor for the destroyed Phoenix Nest. I guess it will get an additional Fleet Command slot.

That is especially plausible if one considers that they covered the the text of the new titles with a face down fleet command card. Why would they have one at the gaming table if it was not included in the new campaign? 

But then the question becomes what could said fleet command be. We already have 1 for each command and I for the life of me haven’t been able to even guess where they might start.

38 minutes ago, cadetvw said:

But then the question becomes what could said fleet command be. We already have 1 for each command and I for the life of me haven’t been able to even guess where they might start.

"Retreat! Retreat!"

"At the start of the Ship Phase, you may discard this card and spend all your tokens. It you do, until the end of the round, before a friendly ship reveals a command, it may choose not to reveal that dial and discard it instead. If it does, it cannot attack that round. At the end of the round, remove that ship and up to 3 friendly squadrons at close range of it from the play area. They count as destroyed but do not give up their objective or victory tokens and count as half their total points for the purposes of scoring.

This card's effect does not affect friendly ships that are at long range of an enemy ship with Interdictor in it's name"

2 minutes ago, Muelmuel said:

"Retreat! Retreat!"

"At the start of the Ship Phase, you may discard this card and spend all your tokens. It you do, until the end of the round, before a friendly ship reveals a command, it may choose not to reveal that dial and discard it instead. If it does, it cannot attack that round. At the end of the round, remove that ship and up to 3 friendly squadrons at close range of it from the play area. They count as destroyed but do not give up their objective or victory tokens and count as half their total points for the purposes of scoring.

This card's effect does not affect friendly ships that are at long range of an enemy ship with Interdictor in it's name"

If you’re serious with the concept - change the last paragraph to conform with the rules in Corellian Conflict.

ie, it’s “a ship that can equip an experimental retrofit upgrade” , as future proofing 🙂

1 hour ago, cadetvw said:

Maybe fleet commands that revolve around the use of defensive tokens rather then orders. Spend a defensive token to gain this defensive addition. For example.

1 hour ago, XR8rGREAT said:

Maybe fleet commands that revolve around the use of defensive tokens rather then orders. Spend a defensive token to gain this defensive addition. For example.

I like it, at least the general concept. Something like, “spend a defense token and all friendly ships this round, when defending may treat the attack as having spent that defense token.”

could be balanced because  if the Fleet command ship (ISD/Pelta) spends its brace, it probably isn’t bracing any attacks the rest of that round. 

Could see something like that working with evades and contains most of the time and then using the brace when everybody is gonna get hit. Also, makes ECMs not as required, potentially.