Sign in to follow this  
LordCola

Linked Turbolaser Turrets + Gunnery Team?

If you had Linked Turbolaser Turrets (You may reroll 1 red die in your attack pool.   While attacking the first squadron during your activation, you may add 2 dice of any color to your attack pool. If you do, you cannot declare additional squadron targets for this attack) and Gunnery Team, could you declare an anti squad attack from a hull zone and trigger the second part of LTT, the part where you get extra dice but can only attack one squad during this attack, and then use Gunnery Team to declare a second anti squad attack from the same firing arc against the rest of the squads, the ones you did not attack during the first attack?

I think this should work, right?

From the Gunnery Team card:

That hull zone cannot target the same ship or squadron more than once during that activation.

So you cannot use Gunnery Team to attack the same squadron twice, with or without Linked Turbolaser Towers.

Although LTTs doesn't stop you attacking that squadron a second time from a second arc. But you can't use LTTs with it.

10 minutes ago, Grumbleduke said:

So you cannot use Gunnery Team to attack the same squadron twice, with or without Linked Turbolaser Towers.

But I am not attacking any squadron twice.

My first attack goes against a single squad in that arc (and gets two bonus dice from LTT) and not any others (because LTT doesn't allow me to shoot at any more squads in that attack). My second attack goes against the remaining squads in the same arc. Just like I said in my initial post.

Edited by LordCola

When shooting Flak from an arc you can target all enemy squadrons in arc and in range but it is voluntary.

For example you may wish to not shoot Bossk to keep him on full health and so no free accuracy for him. 

So as long as you voluntarily don't shoot the one swquadron you victimised with the LTTs I think it is fine. 

11 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

It just means, effectively, you’re using both of your attacks on flak to hit one arcs worth of enemies, one of them with +2 dice 

Yeah I know but it happens often enough that all you can attack is a couple of squads and usually they then all stand in the same arc.

So if I can shoot nothing else than why not take the two extra dice on one of the squads and then do normal flack against the rest.